Arrangement

A Heart's Melody

Jessica’s POV

It’s really relaxing to just sit around here in the garden with a cup of coffee. It makes me relax and forget my worries. The different kinds of flowers in the garden look so majestic. It really is a sight to behold. I sip my cup of coffee and leaned back on the bench swing.

“It’s really refreshing here, isn’t it?”

I turn to my left and saw Yoona, clad in a white floral dress, with a gentle smile upon her face. She really looks so beautiful. She’s just like an angel, Sooyoung’s angel.

“Yes, it is.”

“Mind if I sit here?”

“Oh sure.”

I scoot over to give room for Yoona which she immediately took.

A comfortable silence took over as we just sat there and stared at the garden surrounding us.

“I’m...really going to miss this garden when I’m...gone.”

I can sense that she’s scared about what’s going to happen to her. And so, I took her hand with mine and intertwined it. Yoona slowly looked at me with wonder where as I gave her my sincere smile.

“Don’t say that. You’ll be okay. We’ll going to find a treatment to your disease. There’s always going to be a hope, okay?”

Yoona let out a smile.

“I hope so.”

A moment of silence came before us again when we both looked away from each other but our hands are still intertwined.

But after a while, Yoona spoke up again.

"Jessica...do you have someone you like?"

I put down my coffee and face her.

"No, why do you ask?"

"Nothing. I was just curious. That's all."

She gave me a grin.

"Okay..."

"By the way Jess, do you like Sooyoung?"

The coffee, which just entered my mouth, got spitten out because of Yoona's sudden and surprising question.

"Are you alright?"

I wiped away my mouth with the back of my hand before giving her a reassuring smile.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Oh, that's good."

She let out a gentle smile again.

"By the way Yoong, why did you ask such question?"

She shrug.

"I'm just curious again. Besides, I won't be mad if you like Sooyoung. Many people have a crush on her which is just okay with me. I'm not possessive with her because I know that she has only eyes for me."

Hearing her words makes my heart ache a little but at the same time makes me happy at how reassured she is with Sooyoung's love for her.

"You both really are lucky to have found each other."

Yoona let out a giggle.

"I know, and I thank God for giving me such a loving person in my life."

I could only let out a smile.

She really loves Sooyoung a lot, I could see it in her eyes.

It's a very clear reflection.

"So Jess, what do you think?"

"Huh?"

"Of Sooyoung, do you like her?"

Well I would be lying if I say no, because I really like Sooyoung a whole lot.

"Yes, I do like her. She's like a sister to me. Also, she's like a mother to me and Krystal."

I let out a smile while Yoona on the other hand let out a pout.

"I didn't mean it like that, Jess."

I lift my brow.

"Then what?"

"What I meant was, do you like Sooyoung romantically?"

Do I?

Yoona must have noticed me thinking so deeply about my feelings because she put a hand on my shoulder to get my attention.

"You don't have to answer it today Jess."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank God."

"But..."

"But what?"

I raise my brow once again.

"But I want you to get to know Sooyoung more."

"How?"

"By going on a date with her."

My eyes widen in shock and mouth agape.

Did she, the girlfriend, asked me to date her girlfriend?

What the heck is going on with her?

"No! I can't do that! You are her girlfriend. And if I would be going on a date with her then it would feel wrong. You are my friend and friends don't date each other's girlfriends or boyfriends."

Yoona once again pouted which melted my heart.

"I know it would feel awkward but, could you at least try?"

"No, I can't."

"But Jess! This is one of your dying friend's request."

"Don't say that! You're not going to die! And besides, it's against my will. I have a rule to myself that I can't go out on a date with my friend's relationship partner."

Sensing that she can't win this argument, Yoona let out a sigh.

"Okay, I get it. But would you just please consider it? If there is a chance that I would die, then I would like Sooyoung to fall in love with somebody else. I don't want her to blame herself. Knowing her for years, I know that Sooyoung would never get over with me dying, so please, I don't want her to be depressed so much. All I could think of is this plan, and you are the only one suitable for this. So please Sica." Yoona pleaded.

I stared straight at Yoona's pleading eyes and eventually gave in.

"Fine, I'll do it."

Yoona let out a smile.

"Thank y-"

"But don't expect that this plan of yours will be successful."

"Okay, I won't"

I stared once again at Yoona's eyes before letting out a sigh.

"Are you sure about this? I mean Sooyoung loves you so much. I think that she'll never love somebody else other than you."

The doe-eyed girl places a friendly kiss on my cheek.

"I'm sure."


I woke up early in the morning when I dreamt of my parents again. I noticed that I was once again crying when I woke up. I really miss them so much. I wish that everything would just get back on the right track. But if this situation never happened, then I might not meet the people who are very dear to me now. 

I am now walking towards the kitchen when I heard shuffling on the floor coming from the living room. I head there first and slowly take a peak. There by the door, wearing her rubber shoes, and clad in a hoodie and shorts, is none other than Sooyoung.

"Where are you going?"

Sooyoung swiflty snapped her head up and looked at me.

"Oh, Jessica."

The brunette let out a smile and stood up.

"I'm heading out for a little run. Do you want to come with me? It's nice to run with a companion with you."

"I want to, but I'm not yet ready."

I pouted where as Sooyoung only smiled wider.

"I'll wait for you."

"Really?"

"Yup!"

"Thank you Soo!"

And with that, I gave her a one last smile before rushing back to Krystal and I's room and changed my clothes.


"The morning air feels so fresh."

Sooyoung glances at me and gives me a smile.

"Yup, it really is."

"Gee, I really should wake up early and take a morning run."

"Yes you should, so that I could have a companion with my morning run everyday."

I smile at her while continuing to jog.

"I will."

A moment of comfortable silence came before us as we continued to run around. And after a while, I asked Sooyoung if we could stop since I'm already getting tired and breathless. We stopped at the park and took a seat at one of the benches.

"Ahh...I'm so tired..."

Sooyoung giggled beside me.

"We only ran for about thirty-five minutes, and yet you find it already tiring?"

I open my closed eyes and look at her with a raised brow.

"Well sorry but I'm not as athletic as you."

The brunette chuckled and disheveled my hair.

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung! Don't ruin my precious hair!"

"Yeah, whatever you say princess."

She continued to ruin my hair which only made me pout and glare at her.

"You're mean." I said in a childlike manner.

"And you're cute."

Wait, did I heard her right?

Did she...did she call me...cute?

The tall brunette stopped her movements and stood up and faced me.

"Do you want to grab some breakfast?"

I offered her a smile.

"Will you treat me?"

"Of course, I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't, right?"

I shrug.

"Guess you are right."

Sooyoung held out her hand which I immediately took and helped me to get up.

"Geez, you're heavy. I can't even lift you up so easily. What have you been eating these days?"

My eyes widen at her statement.

"Yah! I'm not heavy. And I've been eating normally ever since before."

"Really?"

I gave her a glare and puffed my cheeks.

"Are you doubting me Choi Sooyoung?"

"Yes I am, isn't it obvious?"

Now she's really pushing my limits.

"Yah! I may be petite but I am not heavy!"

"Sure you're not." She said sarcastically.

"Yah!"

Sooyoung just gave me a teasing grin and walked away, leaving me behind. I glared at her back and thought of an evil idea. I let out an evil smirk and ran up to her and jumped on her back which made her unbalanced a little but still regained her balance after.

"Yah! What are you doing Jung?"

"You said I'm heavy, which I am not, and so I decided to give you a little punishment."

"This is what you call a punishment?"

"Yup!"

"Eesh! Get off me!"

I shook my head and stuck out my tongue.

"N-o-p-e."

Sooyoung looked at me with a playful irritated expression and eventually sighed.

"Fine, I'll take my punishment."

I let out a wide smile and saw that the brunette also did.

"Good, now let's go my horse!"

"Yah! I'm not a horse!"

"Then what are you then?"

"A person, duh?"

I glared at the back of her head and pinched her cheek.

"Yah! It hurts!"

"Of course it is, duh?" I used the same tone she used at me earlier.

"Seriously Jung, it's really painful!"

I stopped pinching her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"Mianhe Sooyoungie..." I said in gentle tone.

Sooyoung let out a chuckle.

"Just use that tone of voice then I'll always forgive you."

I raised my brow.

"Really?"

She nodded.

"Yup, really."

I couldn't help but put on a smile.

"Let's go eat, Sooyoung."

"Yes, your highness."