Unfamiliar Ache

A Heart's Melody

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I woke up in the middle of the night last night.

 

My parents’ images flooded my dreams. I found myself crying in my sleep. I wonder what really happened. I wonder why on Earth will they leave us like this and not tell us where they are? I really miss them so much. I hope we can be together again soon.

 

Right now, I’m seating comfortably on a bench swing, slowly rocking my feet back and forth. I sip a bit on my cup of coffee that’s in my hands and looked around the beautiful garden that is surrounding me. I never knew that umma and appa had an accomplice as rich as this. I thought we were going to be living differently, but I guess we’re not.

 

I’m glad that our parents left us in the Choi family’s hands. Even though I would have preferred it more if we lived in Tiffany’s for the mean time, I’m still grateful that we ended up here. Truthfully, the Chois are richer and has an even bigger house than us. Even though their house is traditional with a bit of modern designs mixing up with it, I still very much like it.

 

There are guards and maids everywhere. The walls around the house and the large garden are so huge. The security is very excellent. Also, I'm very happy and grateful that Krystal and I are very welcome and taken care of here.

 

 

“Is it good?”

 

 

I immediately stopped rocking my feet and turned around. There I saw Sooyoung, the girl that I’ve taken a liking to. She is really a great friend to me even if we had only spent a few weeks together. Though we tease and bicker with each other from time to time, at the end of the day, we are still close friends.

 

 

“Yeah, it’s good.”

 

 

Sooyoung gave me a smile that somehow makes my heart beat a little faster. I don’t know whenever I’m with her, I feel giddy and all inside. And when I don’t see her, I feel upset and uninspired. Maybe it’s just that I found a new close friend that I value so much.

 

 

“I thought it wasn’t good and didn’t satisfy your taste.”

 

 

I let out a little laugh.

 

 

“Is that even possible? I mean you even make coffee better than a barista. Of course it’s good, even better.” I smiled.

 

 

“Well of course, I studied preparing coffee for my lovely Yoong for about three years and a half. You really shouldn’t question my skills.” Sooyoung arrogantly said.

 

 

I snorted and patted the spot next to me. Sooyoung got what I meant and moved around the bench swing and sat next to me. I offered her my coffee. She took a sip on it before giving it back to me. A smile graced my face as I continue looking at her.

 

 

“Cocky much?”

 

 

“I know right.” Sooyoung wiggled her eyebrows.

 

 

I giggled at her silly antics and bumped my shoulder with hers.

 

 

“Stop joking Soo.”

 

 

“I wouldn’t be Choi Sooyoung if I won't make jokes right?”

 

 

She shrugged her shoulders where as I continuously smiled at her.

 

 

“I guess not.”

 

 


 

 

We came back inside when Heechul, Sooyoung’s personal bodyguard, told us that breakfast is served. Losing a game of rock-paper-scissors, Sooyoung carried me on her back all the way to the dining room where Krystal, Siwon oppa, and Sooyoung’s younger sister, Sulli, are eating their meal.

Krystal looked at me with wonder clear in her eyes before giving me a smile and turning back to her food once again.

 

"Could you go down now Jess?"

 

I snapped my attention to Sooyoung.

 

"Oh, sorry."

 

Sooyoung gently brought me down before placing a hand on my shoulders. I gave her a smile which she returned. The brunette guided me on my side of the table and then made a chivalrous move by pulling the chair for me. I thanked her before taking a sit, where as she took a sit beside me. I started to eat the food on my plate and then felt eyes looking at me. I slowly lifted my eyes and saw that Siwon oppa and Sulli are looking at me. I felt myself tense up at their unnerving stare at me. 

 

"C-Could you p-please stop looking at me? It's making me uncomfortable."

 

They must have noticed that I'm being uncomfortable with their stares, that's why they stopped looking at me intently and gave me a smile to make me feel at ease.

 

"Sorry. We were just amused at how sweet the two of you could be. You should get married in the future." Siwon oppa teased.

 

Sooyoung choked next to me. I turned to her in an instant and immediately assisted her by rubbing circles on her back and giving her a glass of water. When she calmed down, the younger Choi looked at her oppa and gave him a small frown. 

 

"That is a mean thing to say oppa. You know I am like this with everyone, especially Sulli, you, and Yoong. Besides, I'm planning to get married with Yoong in the future." Sooyoung said seriously.

 

This unknown feeling came back to me once again. I felt my chest tighten. It feels like my world is crashing down when a visual of my friends getting married came in my mind. This is the very first time I'm feeling like this ever since before. This is the first time I feel my world slowly breaking down. Ever since I met Sooyoung in San Francisco, I'm beggining to feel this way. Why?

 

"Just chill unnie. Oppa was just joking." 

 

I snapped out of my thoughts because of Sulli's voice.

 

"I know. But it's still mean." Sooyoung pouted and crossed her arms. I felt myself coo at her adorableness. At the corer of my eyes, I could see Krystal looking at me with a mischievous smirk. She only lets out that smirk when she realized or knows something and refuses to tell me until I know it myself, which is a really irritating thing for me because I really want to know so badly what she knows.

 

"Why? Is Jessica unattractive?" Siwon oppa asked.

 

"No, of course not. She's beautiful inside and out. But the only apple of my eyes is none other than my lovely Yoona." She said with pride.

 

"Aww...I feel blessed to have you in my life." A familiar voice said.

 

We all looked at the door where the voice came from and saw Yoona walk in with a smile upon her face.

 

"Yoong!" Sooyoung shouted happily as she ran to her girlfriend's arms.

 

I let out a smile at my friends' sweetness, but I can't help but feel something unfamiliar and heartbreaking.

 

The two lovebirds pulled out of the hug and gave each other a kiss on the cheeks.

 

"Good morning Yoona unnie!" Sulli happily greeted.

 

Yoona and Sooyoung looked away from each other and gave the youngest Choi a smile.

 

"Good morning baby Sulli!" Yoona said in the same manner and waved at Sulli.

 

Sooyoung looped an arm around Yoona's waist before guiding her to her usual seat, which is next to Sooyoung. The brunette did what she did to me earlier but only sweeter, with a kiss on the forehead and all. I felt my stomach churn. I looked away from them and continued to eat my food. Sooyoung sat beside me again. I lifted my head up to look at her, but only a scene of her leaning in to wipe away the ketchup on Yoona's mouth with a tissue greeted my eyes.

I swiftly turned away once again and felt many pairs of eyes looking at me.

 

'I wonder what got into them?'

 


 

After breakfast, Yoona excused herself because she has somewhere to go to with her father. We nodded our heads and bid goodbye and told her to come back later if she can. Sooyoung walked her out while we continued to what we are going to do. I walked away from the dining room, but not before kissing my sister's cheek when she said that she'll be going out with Sulli.

I headed straight to the living room and took a seat on the couch. I started to read the book that Sulli handed me earlier before they left. A while later, I heard footsteps going in the living room, but decided to let it be since I already know who it is because of the scent of the perfume floating around the room.

 

"Jess, do you want to take a tour on our campus?"

 

I stopped reading the book and looked up to face a standing Sooyoung looking at me with expectant eyes.

 

"Am I even allowed?"

 

"Of course! I forgot to tell you but our grandparents are co-founders of the school where Sulli and I are currently attending. So it means we are part owners of the school." She said with a smile.

 

My eyes widen at the revelation.

 

"You are that rich?"

 

"Apparently, we are." She simply shrugged.

 

I let out a breath to calm myself from the revelation and stood up from the couch.

 

"If that's what you say so, then I'll join you."

 

Sooyoung's eyes sparkled with joy as her smile widenened.

 

"Yes!"