Revealing The Truth

A Heart's Melody

Sooyoung’s POV

I wake up in the middle of the night because of a dream...

A dream of Yoona...

Leaving me behind as I watch her back...

It scares me so much. I do not know why but I have this feeling that Yoona is going to leave me behind and go to some place far away. I think that everyone around me knows something but is keeping it from me. And I have a feeling it is about Yoona.

I turn my body to the right and faced a peacefully sleeping Yoona beside me. I asked her to sleep with me earlier since I haven’t spent time with her these past three days since she was so busy with her other activities. I put my arm around her stomach which made her turn to face me and bury her face on my neck.

I couldn’t help but put a smile on my face as I gently stoke her hair. I really feel blessed that I have her in my life. And I would never leave her behind no matter what happens. I love her too much.

“I love you Yoona...”

“I love you too Sooyoung.”

The doe-eyed moves away a little and opens her sleepy eyes and gives me a smile.

I peck her lips and give her a smile in return.

“Why are you awake?”

“I should ask you the same question Youngie.”

She lets out a pout.

“Well, I just had a bad dream, that’s all.”

“What did you dream of?” She asks worriedly.

“It’s about you leaving me behind.”

Yoona became silent where as I read the look in her eyes and found sadness in it.

I cup her face and place a kiss on her forehead.

“You’re not going to do that, aren't you?”

She looks back at my eyes directly again and gives me a reassuring smile.

“Of course I won’t. You are here in Korea. Why would I leave the person I love so much?”

I could only smile.

“I love you Yoona.”

“I love you more Youngie.”

She gives me a quick kiss and buries her face on my neck and wraps an arm around me. I pull her closer to me and smell the scent of her hair. It feels like Heaven. I could stay in this position with her forever.

But what is this painful feeling burning in my chest?

Why do I feel like she’s leaving me?

Why?


Yoona’s POV

The rays of the sun hit my face which made me open my eyes and be greeted by the angel sent by God. Sooyoung is peacefully sleeping. She looks so beautiful. Her warmth makes me calm and relaxed. She is the only one that makes me feel like this. Just hearing her voice, my gloomy day becomes great again.

She has this great effect in my life, and I don’t want it to stop. She protected me right from the start. She was always there whenever I need her. She comforts me and holds me tightly. And I could never find anyone better than her.

Sooyoung begins to stir and slowly open her eyes. I let out a smile and peck her lips once she faces me. My angel gives me a warm smile and lightly traces my eyebrow with her forefinger which she knows that it makes me relax.

“Good morning sleepy head.”

“Good morning my angel.”

“How did you sleep back last night?”

“Great, since I felt safe with you in my arms.”

 Her words make me love her more each day.

“Hey Soo, do you want to go out? It’s Saturday today. I want to spend the whole day with you.”

“Well if that is what my princess wants me to do, then so be it.”

I let out a smile and captured her lips which she reciprocates immediately.


I swing our intertwined hands back and forth as we looked around the shops in the wall.

“Ahh...It’s been so long since we went to the mall together.”

I let out a chuckle and squeeze her hand.

“But we went shopping about six days ago.”

“I know. But every minute that passes whenever you are not with me seems so long. I missed you Yoong.” She said in a sad tone with matching puppy eyes.

Seriously, who could not melt by just looking at this shikshin’s sad face?

“That’s why we are here to make up for the lost time that we didn’t see each other right?”

Sooyoung lets out a smile and gives me peck on the lips.

“Where do you want to eat?”

“Anywhere will do as long as you are with me.”

She chuckles and pulls away her hand from mine and placed it on my waist to pull me closer to her.

“When did you get so cheesy Im?”

I shrug.

“I don’t know. It must be because of you. You are a great teacher after all.”

I playfully stuck out my tongue at her which made her giggle.

“I know right?” She cockily says.

I nudge her side with my elbow which made her groan.

“Yah! It hurts Im.”

“Whatever.”

I put her hand off me and walk ahead of her. I glance back at her and saw her puffing her cheeks and glaring at me. Her actions really make her cuter. I made my pace faster without looking back and heard her footsteps catching up to me.

She turns me around by gently grabbing my arm and pulls me in a hug.

“Don’t you dare leave me alone Im.”

“As you say so, Choi...”


Jessica's POV

I approach the glass door and see Yuri doing some paperwork inside. I let out a small smile before tapping the door to get her attention. Yuri lifts her head up and eventually spots me. She lets out a smile before gesturing me to come in.

I pushed the door open and sat at the couch near her desk.

"Do you like my home office?"

"Yup! It's pretty classy."

"Thanks. Sooyoung designed it for me. Yoona on the other hand helped me with the interiors." 

I nodded with a smile that is still plastered on my face.

"You three make a great team."

"Why thank you."

She smiles at me and stands up. 

"Do you want coffee?"

"Sure."

Yuri nods her head and makes way to the counter to make some coffee.

"I seriously love your home office. It's like a small apartment. You even have a little kitchen here. You can easily make food when you get hungry. Seriously, this is daebak."

The tanned girl let out a laugh. Yuri finished making my coffee and served it on the coffee table. I offered her a smile and thanked her before bringing the cup in my hands and slowly blew a little on it. Yuri on the other hand regained her position behind the desk.

"I know right."

I took a sip of my coffee before putting it back on the coffee table and faced Yuri.

"So Yuri, why did you call me?"

"I just want to check up if Sooyoung already knows Yoona's secret."

"No, she doesn't yet. But I can sense that she can feel that we are hiding something from her. I can see it in her eyes."

"Well Soo is so smart for her own good."

I nodded in reply.

"By the way, I have another question."

"Shoot."

"Is it true that Yoona made an arrangement with you concerning Sooyoung?"

"Yes."

Yuri lets out a sigh and stands up once again and takes a sit beside me.

"I'm planning to take Yoona away."

My eyes widen at her statement.

"Pardon?"

"I'm going to take Yoona away to treat her disease at another country."

"But why do you have to be the one to do it? Sooyoung is the girlfriend. Shouldn't she go with her? I mean it makes more sense."

"We can't let Sooyoung know. I don't want my friend to worry. It's better to keep it a secret until Yoona is finally recovered."

"But-"

"There is still a chance that she'll survive."

I stare directly at Yuri's eyes and saw the determination to help her friends firing inside.

"Okay, I'll support you."

"But..."

"But what?"

"We have to warn Yoona first to not tell Sooyoung anything or else the brunette might panic or something like that."

I nodded in reply and leaned back on the couch.

"By the way, where is Sooyoung?"

"She's with Yoona now."

"Oh? She must have missed her girlfriend these past three days."

"So I've heard."

"By the way Jessica, could I ask you a personal question?"

"It depends on the question."

"Well, could I ask you if what will you do when your parents came back and everything is settled again?"

Wow...I never thought about that since I came to like this place.

"I don't know what will I do but, I'm sure that I can't entirely leave this place without leaving a piece of my heart here. I love it here. It's my second home. I feel so welcomed and loved here. And most especially because everyone is around here." I smiled.

Yuri chuckled.

"You have so many excuses. I know that you'll just miss Sooyoung once you will leave here. Just be honest Jessica." She teased.

I let out a pout and cross my arms.

"Stop teasing me Kwon."


Yoona's POV

I lean on my balcony's railings and watch the stars above just like what Sooyoung usually do when she sleeps over. The stars are twinkling so brightly that it brings a smile upon my face. Then, I hear footsteps coming my way. I don't have to turn around to recognize who the person is.

"The stars are really beautiful, aren't they Soo?"

Sooyoung stops behind me and wraps her arms around my waist whereas I lean back in her embrace.

"You're more beautiful." She whispers in my ear.

She really has a way to make me swoon all the time.

"Stop joking Youngie."

"I'm not joking."

I turn around while still being in her embrace and put my arms around her neck.

"I mean it Yoong."

I let out a smile and place a kiss on her lips.

"I know."

"Then why don't you believe me?"

"I was only teasing you."

Sooyoung lets out a pout and pulls me much closer to her.

"Meanie..."

"Yah! That's not fair. You are not allowed to do aegyo on me."

Her pout grew even bigger.

"Waeyo?"

"It's because you are going to kill me with your cuteness."

My angel stopped pouting and places a kiss on the tip of my nose.

"Then I don't want you to be dying out of my cuteness then."

A moment of comfortable silence came before us. We only gazed at each other's eyes, getting lost in the process. Reminiscing every thing that we did together, I could no longer carry the secret we are keeping from her. Seeing her care and love me makes me guiltier and guiltier each time. She's my lover. She deserves to know. That's why, I'm going to tell it to her right now.

"Soo?"

"Hmm?"

I placed a lingering kiss on her lips before cupping her face with both my hands.

"Don't panic when I tell you this, okay?"

Sooyoung furrows her eyebrows but still nods her head.

"Not that I'm sure what's going on, but sure, I won't."

I take in a deep breath and caress her face.

"...Sooyoung...I..."

"Yes...?"

"I have cancer."