Meeting And Pretending

A Heart's Melody

Author's Note:

I am really amused with your comments. I had fun reading. It made me smile knowing how confused all of you are. I know all of you are anticipating what's going to happen next. And so anyway, I hereby present to you the brand new chapter. 

Enjoy!


Sooyoung’s POV

I excuse myself from them and head to the comfort room. It is not that I need to pee or something. It is just because I am not quite feeling well. Not physical, but emotionally.

I almost shed my tears back there.

Yoona and Yuri together keep on flooding my mind the day I permitted Yuri to take my Yoona abroad until now. I have this certain feeling that when they get back, things will change. And that is what scares me. Jessica’s words at the airport are not helping also. It just added up to my uncertainty and nervousness.

I made way to the sink to splash some water on my face. But before I could turn on the faucet, my phone began to ring. I quickly get my phone out of my pocket. And blaring on my phone screen is none other than my grandma’s caller id.

I quickly touched the answer call icon and placed my phone at my ear.

“Hello?”

“Sooyoungie dear! It’s your grandma.”

My grandmother’s loud greeting made me pull away my phone from my ears.

*Sigh*

What does she want now?

I put my phone back at my ear and readied myself from my grandmother’s cheerfulness.

“Grandma, I miss you!”

“Me too dear! How are you?”

“I’m fine grandma. Siwon oppa and Sulli are also doing great.”

“Good. That’s good to hear.”

“How about you grandma? How are you? How’s life in Kentucky?”

“Awesome. I am having the time of my life with your grandfather. But Korea is like nothing else. It’s still home for me.”

I roll my eyes at my grandmother’s dramatics.

“Well of course, you lived here for a very long time.”

“Yup! And that’s why your grandpa and I are coming back.”

My eyes widen in shock.

“What?”

“Why? What’s the matter dear? Don’t you want to see your grandparents?”

“A-Aniyo...It was just...Your information is just so sudden.”

I could hear grandma chuckle at the other line.

“By the way dear, I want to see that girlfriend of yours okay? I haven’t seen her even if you have been together for quite a long time. You definitely have to clear whatever schedules she might have so that we could meet her, arraso?”

“A-Arraso...”

“And if I don’t see her the time when your grandma and I will come back, worse things will happen to you. Understand what I mean, Soo?”

I gulp.

Yes, I definitely know what she means.

She will make me go around in an abandoned old campus by myself like what she did before when Siwon oppa and I were still children. We failed to keep our promise to her, that’s why she did that. And because of that event, Siwon oppa and I are afraid to not do what we are told to do by grandma. It’s a good thing that Sulli was so young back then or else she will suffer the trauma that Siwon oppa and I have.

“Y-Yes...I know what you mean grandma. And I promise you that I will never forget what you told me. I’ll definitely let you meet her.”

“What a good girl.”

“And so grandma...when are you going here?”

“Two days from now.”

“Two days?” My eyes widen.

“Yes. Why? Do you have a problem with that Soo?”

I bite my lip. How could I think of a plan to make Yoona go back here in just a few days span? They just left aboard. It feels wrong for me to suddenly call them and ask for them to go back.

“N-No...I don’t have a problem with that grandma.”

“Good.”

“...”

“Well I’ll see you soon dear.”

“Yes grandma.”

“Bye dear! I love you!”

“Bye grandma. I love you too.”

And with that, grandma ended the call.

Gah!

How could I think straight? They are coming back two days from now. And I hate to go back to that abandoned old campus. I have to think of a plan right now or else I will travel around that campus by myself again.

Think Sooyoung...

Think...

Wait a minute.

Now I have a plan.

*Evil laugh*


I got out of the comfort room and found everyone’s eyes on me. Panic struck me when I imagined my plan failing. And my failing plans are what I hate so much.

I walk closer and closer to the table that my family and everyone else are sitting at and are waiting for me. I stopped at our table and slammed my hands on it. Well, this scene might be such a cliché or dramatic. Maybe I watched dramas so much.

“What are you doing?”

I heard my mother say. But I only ignored her and looked at Jessica. She also seemed to be surprised too. And I know that what I will say now will make her even more surprised.

“Will you be my girlfriend Jessica?”


Jessica’s POV

What did she say?

She is asking me to be her girlfriend?

She's just kidding with me, right?

And if she is...

Then why is my heart beating so fast?

"What the heck Sooyoung?" Siwon oppa blurted out.

Again, Sooyoung ignored her family members' question and kept on staring at me. I don't know why but I kind of like the look she is giving me right now. But at the same time, it's giving me the creeps. 

"So Jessica, will you please be my girlfriend?"

The brunette's pleading look makes my heart melt in an instant. 

"A-Are you serious...?" Finally! I said something.

"Yes I am."

I bit the inside of my lip and gulped.

"But why so sudden?"

"It's because-"

"Mother called didn't she?" Uncle Choi asked.

We all turned our heads to him.

"Yes appa."

I brought my attention back to Sooyoung.

"She wants to see Yoona when she and grandpa will go back two days from now. She made me promise to let her meet Yoona. You know what will happen when I won't fulfill my promise right?" The brunette seemed to be so scared when she mentioned the last part.

I wonder what will happen if she won't.

I could see Siwon oppa getting scared at the corner of my eyes.

"Oh yeah...I haven't forgotten what she did when Siwon and you were young." Uncle Choi nodded meekly.

"Exactly!" 

"But what does Jessica have to do with this?"

Yeah, I wonder. What do I have to do with this?

"I want her to pretend to be Yoona."

"But didn't you describe how Yoona unnie looks to grandma, unnie?" Sulli asked.

Sooyoung shakes her head.

"She doesn't know anything about Yoona except that she is my girlfriend."

"Really? Even what she looks like?" Mrs. Kwon asked.

"Yes Auntie."

"Wow..." 

"By the way..."

Sooyoung pays her attention back to me.

"Will you accept my request Jessi?"

*Sigh*

"I have no choice don't I?"

The brunette beams a smile and immediately goes to my side.

"Thank you Jessi!"

Sooyoung pulls my arm for me to stand up and wraps me in a hug.

"You're really a great friend."

Yeah...

Friend...

I don't know why but my heart seems to squeeze when those words left .

I let out a small smile and wraps my arms around her in return.

"You too Sooyoung."


Sooyoung's POV

"So could you please enlighten me on what your grandma will do to you the moment this promise of yours will not come true?"

I let out a sigh and handed a face towel to the sweaty Jessica.

"Well she would send me to an abandoned campus by myself just like what she did when Siwon oppa and I were young."

"I thought you were tough. Why would you be scared of ghosts?" She smirked.

"I am! But when it comes to ghosts...I would rather not deal with them."

Jessica chuckled and sips on her water bottle. I on the other hand am watching her. Jessica is really a beautiful girl. People on their sane minds would say that she is indeed a beauty. And I could not deny that.

The blonde, who is finished drinking, noticed me looking at her and lets out a teasing smirk.

"I know I'm beautiful but you don't have to stare at me that way."

I scoffed at her 'humbleness'.

"Gee...How humble could you be?" I rolled my eyes.

*Laughs*

"Let's just get back with our tennis match, shall we?"

"Sure...loser."

Jessica, who was heading back to the tennis court, turned around and gave me a glare.

"Shut up Sooyoung! I will make sure to defeat you this time around."

The blonde stuck out her tongue.

I could only laugh at her childishness.

"Let's just play...loser."

"Yah!"


Jessica's POV

The day of Sooyoung's grandparents' arrival finally came. 

We are now here in the airport along with Uncle and Auntie Choi and Sulli. Siwon oppa has an appointment that's why he didn't come with us. Anyway, I just want to share how nervous I am. I can't seem to sleep well last night. Thoughts of meeting Soo's grandparents flooded my mind. I don't know why but I have this feeling that I am scared on what they are going to say about me.

"You seem so tense."

I snap out of my thoughts and look at the brunette standing beside me.

*Sigh*

"Of course I am. I'm scared about what your grandparents will say to me. Sulli said to me a day ago that even if they are kind and all that, they are strict and-"

"Just relax, okay?"

Sooyoung puts her hands on my shoulder which immediately made me relax.

"I can see them!"

Sulli's announcement made us turn our heads to where she is pointing at. And there, walking our way, with smiles on their faces, are none other than Sooyoung's grandparents. If you are wondering how do I know if that's them, well, it's just simply because Sooyoung gave me a little background about them.

Second by second, they came closer and closer, until finally, they stopped in front of us.

"Hey grandma!" Sooyoung greeted.

"Hey grandpa!" Sulli also greeted.

The two girls hugged both of their grandparents before pulling out and giving a smile.

"So Sooyoung, as much as I would like to ask you about your life, could I ask where is this girlfriend of yours? I'm dying to meet her. I can't sleep the whole night since I am very excited to see all of you and especially her."

Sooyoung lets out a small laugh.

"Don't worry grandma, you'll definitely meet her."

The brunette turns to me and signals me to come closer to her. I did what she wants me to do and get closer to her. She intertwines our hands together and smiles at me. I'm not denying that I can't help but also smile the moment she flashes her warm smile.

"Grandma...I would like you to meet..."

We turned our heads to look at her grandma with smiles still plastered on our faces.

"My girlfriend...Im Yoona."