Grandma Choi

A Heart's Melody

Author's Note:

Hey there everyone! I am very sorry that I did not update for how many weeks because I was very busy with my school activities. But fear not. I will update constantly now because it is finally Christmas break!

Yahoo! >_<

By the way, sorry if this chapter is crappy since my mind have been rusty from all the stress that I received these past few weeks. I am currently finding my inspiration, not only for writing but also for painting. I forgot to inform all of you that I am an artist in training. And I involve myself in the arts so much. I want to study the field of filming in the future. Anyway, enough with the chit-chat. I apologize for the mistakes in advance and I will correct it tomorrow since I am very sleepy right now.

Anyway!

Just seat back and relax and just enjoy the chapter.

#GossipGirls


Grandma Choi’s POV

“My girlfriend...Im Yoona.”

Hmm...

She did find a way to fool me. I should hand it to her for thinking of this. She must be really scared to go back to that campus. But still, my granddaughter is smart as always. She really is a true successor of the Chois.

“Nice to meet you...Yoona.”

I bow down in return when the so called ‘Yoona’ bowed down before me. When the two of us are in each other’s line of sight once again, I held out my hand at her which she immediately shook for a brief moment and let go afterwards.

I scan the girl beside my granddaughter from head to toe.

I never knew that Sooyoung would ask someone as beautiful as this one in front of me to pretend to be her girlfriend. And oh yeah, if you are wondering, I already knew who the real Im Yoona is, but I just kept it a secret to my granddaughter. I know a lot about Yoona, including her sickness. But, I just learned a day ago from my daughter that she is now in the States with Yuri. Yes, I also know Yuri. In fact, I know a lot about the people that surrounds my family, especially my favourite granddaughter, Sooyoung.

“Is something wrong grandma?”

I snap out of my thoughts and give my granddaughter a reassuring smile.

“Oh everything’s fine dear. I was just mesmerized by Yoona’s beauty. I say, you definitely have a catch here young one. You two definitely have to marry each other.” I winked with a teasing smile.

I could only stop myself from laughing at ‘Yoona’ and my granddaughter’s reaction. They are blushing profusely because of my words. Neither one of them could look at me or each other for now. And seeing them act this way totally makes it hard for me not to laugh.

“Is there something wrong with what I said?” I innocently asked.

Sooyoung, who is quick to compose herself, looks at me and gives me a smile.

“No grandmother. There is nothing wrong with what you said. In fact...”

My granddaughter kisses the impostor’s temple and wraps an arm around her shoulder.

“...Yoona and I...are already planning to get engaged.”

I could see the ‘Yoona’ blush again with a surprised expression.

Gee...

She looks so funny.

“Oh really?” I asked with excitement lacing my tone.

“Yes grandma.” Sooyoung looks at the girl in her arms. The blonde girl turns away from me to look at Sooyoung and lifts a brow. Sooyoung kisses the girl’s forehead first and says, “Am I right...Yoona?”

The impostor flashes an awkward smile and nods her head in agreement.

“Yes Soo, we really do.”

Heh.

They make good partners.

They really know the meaning of the word ‘teamwork’.

 I have to praise them after this charade of theirs when I am about to go back to Kentucky.

 “That’s good to hear then! I am delighted with that choice of yours. It makes grandma so happy!”

Sooyoung and everyone else giggles and chuckles at my childish behaviour.

“If it makes grandma happy, then we will surely push through with this idea of ours sometime in the future. If! It’s alright with everybody.”

“Definitely we do!” Everybody said in chorus.

Their desperate yes made us all laugh in merriment.


Sooyoung’s POV

“Here Jess.”

I handed the coffee I made for her and took a sit next to her on the front porch’s stairs. I sip on my own cup of coffee before putting it down and inhaling the scent of the sea.

“I never expected that we would go straight here from the airport.”

 

*Chuckles*

 

“Me neither. But I guess...we should really expect the unexpected whenever Chois are involved.”

Jessica laughs, “Are you implying on yourself also?”

I turn to the blonde who is smirking at me and lets out a smile.

“Guess so.”

We turn away from each other in unison and drink our own cup of coffee. I put my coffee down beside me again and watch the calm waves of the sea.

 

*Sighs*

 

I wish Yoona is here beside me. Everything would seem so perfect with her next to me. I could go on miles just to see her and smell her addicting scent. But for now, I just cannot take a plane and follow her since I already gave my word to my friend.

I am not saying that Jessica is a bad company. In fact, she really is a fun person to be with. She is the opposite of me in some ways. But we still get along so well and are really close by now. I consider her as one of my dearest friends. She is like a sister to me just like Krystal.

And when the time comes when everything is settled with their family and they would go back at San Francisco, then it would really break my heart knowing I would not see them as often as I see them now.


Jessica’s POV

I never knew how painful it is pretending to be Yoona. I should not have accepted this request of Sooyoung. But since I am her friend, and maybe that is all I will ever be, I feel obliged to help her to somehow repay all the help she gave me.

I let out a sigh and turn my head at the brunette beside me. Looking at her features, she seems to be deep in thought. She must be thinking of Yoona again. She must be thinking that it must have been better if the real Yoona is here instead of me.

 

*Sigh*

 

Doesn’t she think of me just for once?

Don’t I have a space on her mind?

Doesn’t she notice me?

Don’t I exist in her world?

 

“Is there something wrong Jess?”

 

I snap out of my thoughts and notice that Sooyoung is looking worriedly at me.

I let out a smile, “No, there isn’t.”

“But why does it seem that you are so deep in thought?”

“I just have a lot in mind. No need to worry.”

Sooyoung lets out a sigh but eventually smiles and gently pats my head.

“If there is something bothering you, just tell me okay? I will be an ear to hear your problems.”

“Okay, got you.”

The brunette nods and leans her head on my shoulder. Her sudden unexpected action made me surprised at first, but I eventually calmed down and savoured in the moment.

“Thank you Sica.”

“Thank you? What for...?”

“For pretending to be Yoona and for being by my side...”

I let out a small smile.

“I will always be by your side Youngie. Always remember that okay?”

“Okay.”

“And also...I am your friend right? Friends help those who are in need. And you need someone who will pretend to be Yoona. That is why I am here.” I forced a smile.

Sooyoung lifts up her head from my shoulder and looks straight into my eyes.

Her eyes...

It captivates me so much.

“I really am thankful to have met you Jess.”

“Me too...”


Grandma Choi’s POV

Hmm...

It seems like Jessica, whose name I learned from Sulli that knows that I am just pretending to not know Yoona, has feelings for my granddaughter. But even if she has feelings for my granddaughter, she has no choice but to keep it locked in her heart since she is friends with Yoona and my granddaughter.

Geez...

I feel sad for Jessica.

I like the girl. She is very nice and is easy to get along with. I want her for my granddaughter. But, I still want Yoona for Sooyoung. She makes my granddaughter so happy and is the one who changed my granddaughter into the person she is now. And also, I could see the love between them even by just looking at their pictures that Sulli sends me from time to time.

“It is sad to see Jessica unnie pretend to be Yoona unnie.”

I look away from the window to look at my granddaughter watching the two figures outside.

“Yeah...it’s sad.”

Sulli diverts her attention to me.

“Grandma...”

“Yes dear?”

“Have you already decided on the room arrangement?”

“Yes. Why?”

“I just want to ask if you put the two of them together.”

 

*Smiles*

 

“Of course I did.”