Departure

A Heart's Melody

Author's Note:

Thank you to all the supporters of this story.

I'm sorry that I could only update this twice or once for a week since I'm very busy with school.

*Sighs*

Mianhe everyone!

Anyway enough of this and just enjoy the rest of this chapter.


Sooyoung and Yuri went to the private room of Yoona a few minutes later and found Mr. Choi and Mrs. Choi inside. All of them chatted for a while in waiting for the doe-eyed to wake up. But sadly, she didn’t. And so because of that, all of them, with the exception of Sooyoung, went home one their respective houses.

Sooyoung waved goodbye to her family who were the last to go and gave them a flying kiss. When they finally got in the car and drove off, Sooyoung watch their car disappear in sight before going back in the hospital. She got herself a coffee first before making way to the private room.

When she reached it, she gently opened the knob and got inside. She stared at her girlfriend’s sleeping figure for a while before closing the door behind her. Making way to Yoona’s bed, she first placed her coffee at a nightstand before she took a sit at the chair beside the girl’s bed.


Sooyoung’s POV

I let out a sigh.

My girlfriend still hasn’t woken up yet. But I shouldn’t be worried since she just caught fatigue. It is not viral. But, it doesn’t make me stop worrying. Especially now that I know the girl that I love has cancer.

I place my hand on top of her hand that is lying by her side. I clasp our hands and felt the warmth she is emitting that I love the most. It is the warmth that comforted me whenever I have my lowest times. It is the warmth that secures me whenever I feel scared. And it is the warmth that tells me how much she loves me.

My warmth is just the same as hers.

She told me how much she loves the warmth I am emitting. It reminds her how much I love her. It reminds her how much I comforted her. And also, it reminds her that I will be by her side whatever what happens.

I brought her hand close to my lips and placed a lingering kiss on it. I slowly close my eyes and told a silent prayer that the love of my life will be okay. And when I opened my eyes, Yoona is now wide awake and is smiling at me.

Her smile...

I want to protect it with everything I got. I want to keep it there on her face. I do not want her to stop smiling. The smile that is she is giving to the others is different from what she is giving to me. Whenever she flashes that smile whenever I see her, I could see the love that she is feeling towards me. Her smile is too precious. And I am lucky, that I’m the one who sees it every single day.

“Hey.”  She says in a husky voice.

“Hey back.” I smiled.

“Did my father go here to visit me?”

“Yes he did.”

“Who else?”

“Well Jessica and Yuri followed the ambulance we are in and waited for you at the emergency room. Your father came here as soon as he can when I called him. We waited for you inside not too long since your personal doctor came out and told us you just got fatigue.”

Yoona nods her head.

“What about Sulli?”

“That little rascal?”

The doe-eyed let out a chuckle.

“Of course, who else would it be?”

“Well...She came here when the doctor was telling us about your fatigue along with Siwon oppa, Krystal, and your father. My parents also came here about twenty or thirty minutes later. They were so worried about their future daughter-in-law.”

A wide smile crept upon her face.

“Why would people assume that I would marry you?”

“Because they could see how much we love each other.”

“What a trite answer.”

*Chuckles*

“I guess so.”

“So are there any other explanations on why would people assume that I’ll marry you?”

I placed a kiss on her hand once again.

“Hmm...I think that...it is because we look good together.”

“May I ask in what sense could you say that?”

“We fit each other perfectly. You’re gorgeous and y whereas I am the same. We look like freaking goddesses for crying out loud. Only the two of us could handle each other’s beauty and awesomeness.” I joked.

Yoona let out a melodious laughter.

“Stop joking around Soo.”

“Well you asked me for another explanation and so I gave you one.”

The doe-eyed rolled her eyes and afterwards patted the spot next to her on the bed.

“Lie here beside me.”

I followed her orders and laid down beside her as she scooted over to give space to me. I made myself comfortable before placing my arm under her head whereas she turned her body to me and buried her face on my neck. She intertwined my free hand that is lying on top of my stomach with hers.

“I love you Soo.”

“I love you too.”

“Thank you for always being there for me.”

“The same goes for you. Thank you for being in my life.”

“I want to thank you also.”

I could only smile. But the scene that happened between Yuri and I earlier flooded my mind once again. Especially when I told her that Yoona would sometimes accidentally call her name whenever she is with me.

“Yoong?”

“Hmm...?”

“You still have feelings for Yuri...don’t you?”

Yoona squeezed my hand.

“What made you say that?”

“Because when we sleep together, I would sometimes hear you call out her name. And when we first went out together, you would accidently say her name instead of mine.”

She squeezes my hand once again and placed a gentle kiss on my neck.

“Sorry for doing such things Soo.”

I let out a sigh and placed a kiss on her head.

“It’s okay.”

“And about that...”

“...”

“Yes...I still have...”

Ouch.

It hurts.

“But...”

“...”

“It’s fading away because I have you.”

*Smiles*

“Thank you for telling the truth Yoong.”

“We promised to never keep secrets didn’t we?”

I let out a chuckle.

“Guess so.”

A moment of comfortable silence came before us as we enjoyed each other’s company. These kinds of moments are the times when you don’t have to say anything. You should just enjoy each other’s presence. And that is what we are doing right now. But, I broke our comfortable silence when I decided to speak up.

“I already know you have cancer.”

Without looking at Yoona, I know that her eyes are widening right now, shocked that I already know about her secret.

“H-How d-did you know?”

“Kwon.”

She squeezed my hand again this time, but much tighter.

“I...I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you Soo. I was just scare-”

“Whatever reason you have, I will accept it. But when it comes to this, you should tell me rather than keeping it away from me, okay? Didn’t we promise to not keep secrets from each other?”

“I...”

When I looked at Yoona’s face, tears are flowing down her eyes.

“Hey, why are you crying?” I whispered.

Yoona looks up at me.

“I’m so sorry Soo...”

“Shh...It’s okay.”

I untwine our hands to gently wipe away her tears.

“Please don’t be mad.” She sobbed.

“Why would I get mad? You kept it from me because you said to me before that you hate to see me cry especially if you are the cause of it, right? So it’s okay for me.”

I let out a reassuring smile.

“...I...”

I placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Don’t worry about it, okay? Stop worrying so much.”

“But-”

Before she could utter another word, I captured her lips with mine and gave her a chaste kiss to silence her. I pulled away moments later. I let out a smile which she returned.

“I permitted Yuri to take you abroad to heal you.”

Yoona knitted her eyebrows in wonder.

“Abroad? She didn’t tell me that. Besides, why would you permit her? Shouldn’t you be the one coming with me instead of her?”

“Yes, I should. But I have reasons why I permitted her.”

“Could you tell me what those are?”

*Winks*

“It’s a secret.”

Yoona let out a cute pout that I will never get tired of.

“Didn’t we promise that we’ll never keep secrets from each other?”

“But you kept your sickness away from me. So it’s only fair right? It’s equilibrium.”

I let out a teasing smile which only made her pout wider.

“Fine...”

*Chuckles*

“Good dog.”

Yoona furrows her eyebrows and smacked my stomach.

Eesh...

How strong could a sick person like her be?

“Yah! I’m not a dog!”

“Then what are you then?”

“I’m a person.”

“Really? I didn’t know.”

I let out a teasing smile.

“Soo!”

I placed another kiss on her forehead to shut her up.

“Just go with her, okay?”

Yoona stared at my eyes before nodding a little.

“Okay.”

“Good girl.”

“But promise me one thing.”

“What is it?”

“Don’t look at other girls except me, okay?”

I let out a smile.

“You know that you are the only girl that I notice.”

Yoona lets out a smile and captured my lips. She pulled away a minute later and stared at my eyes. We locked gazes with other and got lost in each other’s eyes.

“Promise...?”

“I promise.”


The day for Yuri and Yoona’s departure came quickly. Yoona slept at my house the night before their departure since she wants to spend the remaining hours we have together until we have to separate for two to three months. Honestly, it hurts to see her go even for just a while, but I know, Yuri will take good care of her.

“Be careful dear, okay?” My mom said.

“Okay umma.” Yoona replied.

The two pulled each other for a hug before separating when Sulli told them to pull away since it’s her turn to bid goodbye for the mean time.

“I’ll miss you unnie.”

Yoona let out a smile and ruffled my sister’s hair.

“I’ll miss you too you little rascal.”

The two pulled each other in a hug.

Yuri on the other hand is talking with my father about taking good care of Yoona and herself.

I could only smile at their father-daughter like interaction.

I continued staring at them until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and saw Jessica smiling at me.

“Are you really okay with this?”

“Honestly...no.”

“Then why are you letting this be?”

“Because I trust Yuri to take care of Yoona. And besides, they need to catch up with each other. I told you a few days before that they are lovers before right?”

“Yes! And that’s the reason why you shouldn’t let them go alone. They might fall for each other again. And-”

I flicked her forehead to cut her off.

“You shouldn’t worry Jess, okay?”

“But-”

“Just trust me okay?”

I gave her a reassuring smile.

Jessica stared at me for a while before letting out a sigh.

“Fine, I’ll trust you.”

“Good-”

“But I just want to tell you that I don’t want you to get hurt, okay?”

*Smiles*

“Okay.”

After a while, everyone finished saying goodbye to the both of them except for me. I said goodbye to Yuri first and reminded her about our arrangement and to take good care of Yoona and also herself. She pulled me in a hug and kisses me on the cheek whereas I did the same. We smiled at each other before I left her to head to my girlfriend who seems to be a little jealous with me and Yuri’s intimacy.

“Why are you looking at us like that?”

Yoona lets out a pout and wraps her arms around my neck.

“Why did you kiss Yuri’s cheek?”

“Can’t I?”

“No.”

“Waeyo? She’s my best friend.”

“But you still can’t kiss her. Your kisses only belong to me.”

I could only let out a chuckle and put my arms around her waist.

“What about my family? Can’t I kiss them?”

“Well...you can.”

“Then why can’t I kiss Yuri? She’s also like a sister to me.”

“But you’re not blood related!”

*Sigh*

“Ara, I understand.”

“Good.” She lets out a smile.

“Geez, I forgot how possessive you could be.”

Yoona only let out a small laugh and peck me on the lips.

“I’ll see you soon Soo.”

“Don’t forget to take care of yourself Yoong, okay?”

“Yes Ma’am.”

“Be careful on the surgery you are going to have, okay?”

“I promise.”

I let out a smile and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Promise me that you’ll get back here safely okay?”

“Yes boss.”

I ruffled her hair before pulling away and looking at Yuri. I gave her a smile which she returned with a nod. I looked back again at Yoona before placing another kiss on her lips. We pulled away moments later when the announcer called the passengers to board the plane.

Yoona gives me one last smile before saying goodbye to me and the others and heading to her designated plane along with Yuri.

We watch their retreating figures before agreeing to go eat in Uncle and Auntie Kwon’s restaurant when we could no longer see the two.


Jessica’s POV

It must really hurt for Sooyoung to watch her girlfriend go with another. She should be the one to assure Yoona that everything will be alright when the doe-eyed will have her surgery. She should be the one that the girl should see when the operation is done and she is finally recovered.

But I know I’m not in the place to say such things since the brunette herself trusts them both.

We are now in a restaurant that the Kwon’s own. We are waiting for Sooyoung who went to the comfort room a minute ago before we could start eating. Mrs. Kwon said that we should wait for Sooyoung so that we could eat all together.

And so, here we are now, waiting for the shikshin to arrive.

“What’s taking her so long?” Siwon oppa said.

“Just be patient oppa. Sooyoung unnie will come out any minute now.” Krystal replied.

“But-”

“And here she comes now.” Sulli announced.

We all turned our heads to where the comfort room is located and found Sooyoung walking towards us with panic stricken on her face. We watch her come towards us with worry. The brunette came closer and closer until she stopped at our table and slammed her hands on top it which made us jolt in shock.

“What are you doing?”

Instead of answering her mother’s question, the brunette looked straight at me.

And I have a feeling that it won’t end so good.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend Jessica?"