Leaving

A Heart's Melody

Jessica’s POV

 

I never knew how manipulative this guy sitting across from me is until now. Jonghyun is a nice guy. But behind his pleasing personality is a manipulator who seeks nothing but to attain what he wants. And when he wants something then I am sure he will get it.

 

 

 

Even me...

 

 

 

“What are you doing here Jonghyun?”

 

“To bring you home...”

 

“And...?”

 

He smiles, “To make you mine.”

 

The way he said it made my skin shiver at the thought. There is no way I will let him have me. Even if our family owes him a lot, I still will not get engaged with him.

 

“You sound so confident.”

 

“I am.”

 

He smirks.

 

“After all, your family owes me a lot right?”

 

His smirk makes me want to punch him right this instant. But thanks to Krystal who held my hand to prevent me from standing up and tackling him to the ground, I calmed down a little since getting pissed and angry would not solve anything.

 

*Scoffs*

 

“This really is the reason why I never bothered saying yes to you.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“What I meant is, you are a manipulative man who does not mind the feelings of others as long as he gets what he wants. And don’t even bother denying it since I knew you for three years now.”

 

He chuckles sarcastically.

 

“Okay. I won’t deny it since I am really that kind of person. But can’t you just see this situation of ours as me doing this for love? For you? For us?”

 

I grit my teeth.

 

“There has never been an us Jonghyun. Bear that in mind. And besides, is this what you call love? Forcing your loved one to be with you even though that person does not like it?”

 

He rolls his eyes.

 

“Oh please, as if you don’t like this.”

 

“I don’t!”

 

“Stop pretending Jess.”

 

 “I am not pretending!”

 

“Enough!”

 

The booming voice of our father echoed around the room. Only silence and our breaths could be heard. The awkward tension between us is so thick that it could be cut with a knife. And the way my father exploded made me feel so nervous that my heart would come out of my chest.

 

“D-Dad...”

 

“Jessica.”

 

This got me alert.

 

“Yes sir?”

 

 

Sir...

 

 

I only use that word whenever I am really scared of him.

 

 

 

 

And using that word again...

 

 

 

Makes my stomach churn...

 

 

 

“You are going to get engaged to him whether you like it or not and that’s final.”

 

Krystal stands up, “But dad!”

 

He gives Krystal a stern look.

 

“What is it?”

 

Krystal gulps.

 

“Unnie deserves someone who made her fall in love. She doesn’t deserve someone like Jonghyun oppa who only helped us because he wants unnie to be his. He is a selfish person!”

 

Our father walks in quick strides and slaps my sister, shocking each one of us.

 

“You have no right to talk to him that way. You should be thankful to him for helping us. And besides, like it or not, we are going back and Jessica is getting engaged. Do you understand?!”

 

“...”

 

“Do you understand?!”

 

 His much louder voice made us flinch.

 

“Y-Yes sir...”

 

He nods as he gets a little calmer by the second.

 

“Now I expect the two of you to come with me without opposition okay? Besides, I still would let Sulli meet you Krystal so you shouldn’t worry. I like her for you.”

 

Krystal nods a little.

 

“Thank you dad...” She meekly said.

 

Father places his hand on each of our shoulders and looks back and forth between us.

 

“We are going back tomorrow.”

 

My eyes widen.

 

“What!”

 

“Why? Do you have something to say Jessica?”

 

His glare made me look down on my knees just to avoid him.

 

“No sir...”

 

“...”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“Good.”

 


Yuri’s POV

 

I step down the last few steps of the stairs and saw Jessica sitting on the couch. She is talking with my mother that is sitting beside her. They must be chatting about a fashion trend like they always do whenever Jessica visits.

 

I walk closer and stop behind them.

 

“What are you doing here Jess?”

 

They stop talking abruptly and turn around to see me.

 

“Yuri!”

 

I just smile at them and walk around the couch to take a seat across them.

 

"So..."

 

She lifts her brow, "So what?"

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"Oh that!"

 

She giggles at herself.

 

“I’m here to see you.”

 

“See me?”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“...”

 

“Yuri...we....”

 

“...”

 

“We are leaving...”

 

*Eyes widens*

 

“What!” I stood up.

 

“We...We are going back to San Francisco an hour from now.”

 

“Why?”

 

She sighs.

 

“Father came last night with my fiancé and told me to go back. I fought for myself but I stand no choice. I still have to follow my father’s orders even if it hurts me.”

 

“He came last night? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Just calm down a little bit Yuri.” Mother suggested.

 

“But mom! How could I keep calm when s–”

 

“Stop Yuri. Getting pissed and annoyed won’t solve anything. Besides, I have no choice. You know that completely right?”

 

“But still...”

 

I know Jessica can see the sadness within me and so I just look away so that she would not see the tears daring to fall down my eyes. I hate crying in front of people. It makes me feel that I look so weak.

 

I heard Jessica stand up and stopped walking in front of me.

 

“Yuri, could I ask you something?”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“Sure...”

 

“Could I ask you to...

 

“...”

 

“To not tell our departure to Sooyoung until we are gone?”

 

That got my attention.

 

“But why?”

 

She bites her lower lip.

 

“Because it will hurt me more to see her saying goodbye to me on our departure...”

 

I could see the sadness clearly in her eyes. And so I decided to pull her in an embrace and make circling motions on her back.

 

“If you don’t really want to see her when you leave...then so be it.”

 

“...”

 

“You are my friend. So if this is your wish then it will be my command.”

 

“...”

 

“I know Sooyoung would hate me if I do this.”

 

“...”

 

“But I don’t care since I don’t want to add more pain in your heart.”

 

Even without looking, I know Jessica is slowly smiling right now.

 

“Thank you Yul...”

 

“No problem Jess...”

 

We hugged each other for a while before pulling away and smiling at each other.

 

“I will go to the airport if it’s okay with you?”

 

“Sure.”

 

I offer my hand to her.

 

“Should we go buddy?”

 

She giggles.

 

 “Yeah...”

 


Jessica’s POV

 

I place a kiss on Sulli’s cheek and give her a tight hug.

 

“I will see you soon Sul.”

 

“Okay unnie.”

 

We pull away from the hug.

 

“I will visit you and Krystal next week unnie.”

 

I raise my brow, “That soon?”

 

She smiles cheekily.

 

“Of course! I will miss you and Krystal.”

 

I playfully roll my eyes.

 

“Stop lying Sul. I know you will just miss my sister.” I teased.

 

Sulli chuckles and shrugs her shoulder.

 

“Maybe...?”

 

*Chuckles*

 

“Take care little Choi.”

 

“You too unnie, and also please take care of Krystal for me.”

 

“Sure kiddo.”

 

When Sulli left me to say goodbye to my sister, Siwon oppa approached me and bid me goodbye. Saying that he is sad to see us leave and that we should take care on going back to San Francisco. I gave him a tight hug and he on the other hand placed a kiss on my temple.

 

Next on the line who gave me a hug are Mr. and Mrs. Choi. Just like Siwon oppa and Sulli, they said that we should take care and that seeing us leave is very painful to them since they treated us like their own children these past months. Of course hearing those words made my heart swell, and so I pulled them in another set of hugs and place a kiss on their cheeks.

 

And lastly, Yuri gave me a back hug which I was shocked yet appreciated so much.

 

“I’ll miss you so much Jung.”

 

“I’ll miss you too Kwon.”

 

“I’ll see you when I go there.”

 

“Make sure of it Kwon. Or else I will be the one to go here and force you to stay away from all the pending work you have on your sleeve.”

 

She laughs.

 

“Yes ma’am...”

 

“Good girl.”

 

We giggle at our silliness as I pull out of the hug to face her.

 

“Take care of her for me.”

 

She smiles and playfully salutes at me.

 

“I will.”

 

I was about to hug my friend when someone tapped me on the shoulder, making me turn around and see Jonghyun smiling at me.

 

“We have to go now Jess.”

 

“Why should we hurry? Aren’t we riding on a private plane of your family?”

 

“Yes that’s right but, my assistant is getting impatient. He said that we should leave now since I am going to attend a meeting tomorrow with the shareholders of our company. He also said that mom and dad are expecting me to be there since it will help us expand our company more. ”

 

“Oh...is that so?”

 

He nods, feeling a bit sorry.

 

*Sighs*

 

“Okay...”

 

I turned back once again to Yuri and gave her a hug one more time.

 

“Guess it’s time to leave now Jess.”

 

I can hear the sadness in her voice when she said that.

 

I bury my face on her shoulder and hug her tighter to prevent myself from breaking down.

 

“Yeah...”

 

“Guess this is farewell...”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“...”

 

“See you Yul...”

 

“You too Sica...”

 

And with that, I pull out of the embrace and left with a heavy heart with my sister, father, and Jonghyun.

 

 

 

‘Goodbye everyone...’

 

 


Three days later...

 

 

"Yah Choi Sooyoung!”

 

“What?”


“Get your off that seat because we are leaving!”

 

Sooyoung puts down her paintbrush and glares at Yoona who is just smiling cutely at her with a cup of coffee in her hand.

 

“You are not the boss of me Im.”

 

“Yes I am.”

 

“You’re not my girlfriend anymore so you don’t have any right to order me around.” Sooyoung teased.

 

“But I am still your best friend that is why I still do have a right to order you around.” Yoona countered.

 

Sooyoung stands up from her seat and walks to Yoona, stopping in front of her with her arms crossed.

 

“Last time I knew, Yuri is my only best friend.”

 

Yoona rolls her eyes and places down her coffee on a nearby coffee table and pinches the brunette’s waist which made her shriek.

 

“Yah!”

 

“That’s what you deserve Choi.”

 

Sooyoung glares at her and stomps her foot, “Hmph!”

 

“Act angry all you want Choi but we are leaving.”

 

The two creates a staring contest between the two of them until Sooyoung sighs in defeat.

 

“Fine...”

 

“If you want to go home then we are going back.”

 

Yoona smiles and ruffles her ex-lover’s hair.

 

“Good dog.”

 

“Yah! I am not a dog!”

 

“Yeah, yeah...Whatever you say.”

 

Sooyoung glares at her one last time before moving away from her and taking a seat on top of a table. She takes a paintbrush from the paintbrush holder and holds it fondly on her hand. She reminisces the times when she would come here and wait for Yoona to come back home.

 

“Yoona...”

 

“Hmm...?”

 

The girl walks closer to her and waits patiently for her to continue.

 

“You know...”

 

“...”

 

“I used to wait here for you to come back.”

 

Sooyoung gazes at Yoona and offers her a warm smile. Yoona on the other hand moved much closer to the brunette and clasped her hands with the girl. Sooyoung leans in and places a lingering kiss on the forehead of Yoona, making the doe-eyed smile.

 

“I guess now...I don’t have any reason to wait here anymore.”

 

Those words made both of their hearts heart ache since the wounds of their break up are still fresh to the both of them even though it seems that their relationship never changed after breaking up.

 

Sooyoung leans her forehead on Yoona’s and gazes directly at her eyes.

 

“You know that I love you with all my heart right?” Yoona asked.

 

“I know.”

 

“But I guess that fate made things to never work between the two of us forever...”

 

“Guess so...”

 

“...”

 

“I love you Yoongie...”

 

“I love you too Youngie...”

 

“Our relationship would never change right? We would still love each other just like this even if we are not together am I right?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Yeah...You’re right. Even if we are not together anymore, we would still love each other completely. After all, our love for each other is ever lasting even if it is as friends...or even sisters only.”

 

Sooyoung lets out a smile.

 

“Yeah...”

 

“...”

 

“Yoona...”

 

“Ne...?”

 

“Were you afraid to lose me?

 

“...”

 

“Is that why you made your schedule more freely this year than all the years we spent together before?”

 

‘Well...There is no use in hiding...’ Yoona thought.

 

“Yeah...”

 

“Especially when Jessica came back in your life after all the years that you haven’t seen her when we were children...”

 

“...”

 

“I was really afraid back then because I have a certain feeling that Jessica might snatch you away from me if I would not spend so much time with you. And I guess I was right. Jessica did make you fall for her.”

 

“But I am still not sure if –”

 

She shushes the brunette with her finger.

 

“Soo...even if you try to ignore it. The feelings you chose to hide in the back of your heart for Jessica will still surface. If we didn’t break up sooner then I am sure that it would have been too hard for us. It would only cause us even more heartbreak than what we are already feeling right now. It would cause us emotional turmoil which could drive us insane.”

 

Sooyoung takes in the words of Yoona and eventually puts down the paintbrush beside her to cup Yoona’s cheeks, going down the table so that they could be in a comfortable position.

 

“Yoong...Can I ask another question?”

 

Yoona wraps her arms around Sooyoung’s waist, “Sure, what is it?”

 

“Why did you and Yuri broke up?”

 

Yoona is taken aback for a while but she eventually lets out a breath to speak up.

 

“Because we both were so busy to even have time for each other.”

 

“...”

 

“And I guess this time...I made the same mistake again...”

 

Sooyoung only kept silent and pulled the girl in a warm embrace, hoping that the girl could understand what she meant, that she should never blame herself.

 

And since she knows her best, Yoona understood her without words spoken.

 

“Do you want to go home Yoong?”

 

“Do you? We could still stay here if you want.”

 

“Na...I kind of miss my home already.”

 

Yoona smiles and buries her face on the crook of Sooyoung’s neck.

 

“Okay...”

 


 

After an hour and a half of travelling, the two came back home safely. They are now in the Ims mansion where Sooyoung is planning to stay for the night until she goes back to her house. Of course she texted her family that she is finally back but is just staying at the Ims for the night.

 

The two girls move out of Sooyoung’s car and head inside the door that leads inside the mansion from the huge garage of the Ims that is under surveillance 24/7. They walk through the halls of the mansion with their arms linked as they chatted until they reached the living room where they can see Mr. Im, with his back facing them, talking to someone.

 

“Appa!”

 

Mr. Im turns around and smiles widely when he saw his daughter.

 

“Yoona!”

 

The doe-eyed runs to her father and gives him a big hug, whereas Sooyoung on the other hand smiles at the scene and walks towards them.

 

“I missed you these past days Yoong.”

 

“Me too appa...”

 

As the two pull out of the hug, Yoona noticed that the person her father was talking to was none other than their friend Kwon Yuri, who was looking like something is bothering her so much. Sooyoung followed where Yoona was looking at and found that she was looking at their friend, making her smile even wider and move beside Yoona.

 

 

But before the two could hug her or even greet her, Yuri spoke up.

 

 

And what she said made them froze on the spot.

 

 

Especially Sooyoung who felt her world shatter with her heart...

 

 

 

“Jessica...She..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"She is getting engaged tomorrow afternoon.”

 

 

 


 

I decided to make a chapter more before ending it. But the next one would definitely be the last. Mianhe, indecisive author here. >_< By the way, I will explain in the next chapter why Mr. Jung is like that, okay? : )

 

Anyway...

 

Saranghae chingus! <3

 

#IWantSNSDComebackRightNow!