Call

A Heart's Melody

Sooyoung’s POV

It has been three months since my grandparents went back to Kentucky.  

Jessica and I were awkward and could not even stand close to each other weeks because of the chaste kiss after their departure although we got back to our usual interactions when I could not stand not talking to Jessica anymore and asked her for a whole day shopping trip.

Days, weeks, months passed, Jessica and I became closer and closer.

 

But...

 

I still could not shake off the feeling of having Jessica’s lips pressed on mine. I have this certain urge whenever I am really close with Jessica to kiss her again. Even if that was a chaste kiss that we shared, I still felt this electricity and tingles in my spine that I just cannot ignore.

 

Those feelings...

 

Those feelings are the feelings that I always feel whenever I kiss Yoona.

 

But...

 

The fireworks that I always see whenever I kiss Yoona...

 

I could not see it when I kissed Jessica.

 

Maybe...

 

I only felt those because I miss Yoona so much.

 

“Is there something wrong Sooyoung unnie?”

Sulli’s voice made me snap out of my thoughts.

“There is nothing wrong baby Sulli.” I smiled.

“But what’s with that gloomy face of yours?”

“Gloomy?”

“Yes.”

I look at the mirror and found out that my face is indeed gloomy. I sigh. Sulli goes down from my bed and walks behind me. She wraps her arms on my waist and tucks her chin on my shoulder.

“You miss Yoona unnie so much, don’t you?”

“Yeah...so much...”

“Me too. I miss Yoona unnie so much.”

“Of course you would. You two spend so much time together.”

Sulli giggles a little.

“Yes, we do.”

*Sigh*

“I have to go now Sulli. I have some business meeting to attend to. You know that I don’t want Siwon oppa to be blamed by the investors because I’m late, right?”

 “Yeah, I almost forgot about that.”

Sulli loosens her arms around me. I turn around and place a kiss on her cheek. My younger sister smiles at the gesture and returns my kiss.

“I will see you later Sulli.”

“Okay unnie.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”


I sip the cup of coffee that I bought on the way here and head inside the company building. My parents’ workers are all around the lobby, walking from here and there, appearing to be so busy since this company’s anniversary is fast approaching. I greeted the receptionists and other employees and afterwards proceeded to the elevator.

After a while, the elevator door opens and I immediately step out since there is only a few minutes until I am marked late. I quicken my pace a bit until I heard my phone ring. I continued walking while fishing my phone out and answering the call without looking who the caller is.

“Hello?”

“It’s nice to hear your voice again.”

I stop on my tracks.

 

That familiar voice...

 

That very familiar voice that I missed so much...

 

I finally heard it after all this time...

 

And it feels so great to hear her voice again.

 

“Yoona? Is that you?”

“Of course it’s me.”

“I-I...”

“Do you miss me?”

“YES!”

I could hear her melodious giggles on the other line. Even if she is somewhere far away, just hearing her voice seems makes me feel that she is so close to me. She is so close...yet still so far.

“I shouldn’t have called you to make you miss me more.”

I pouted even if she cannot see me.

“That’s mean. You know that I miss you every single day since you left. I know you know that I don’t have to say those words for you to know that I miss you right?”

“Yeah, that’s why you should stop pouting. You know I grow weak whenever you pout right?”

Heh.

She really knows me best.

“Yeah, I know.”

“Hearing your surroundings...you must be in a building, am I correct?”

“You’re right.”

“Going for a meeting?”

“Yup.”

“Surprise them with your superb talking skills and ideas again, okay?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Then I...”

I pushed the tinted glass door open and saw something that I did not expect. There, at the centre of the room stood Yoona with her phone placed beside her ear.

 

“...will see you...”

 

I stood frozen on my spot. 

 

I could not believe what is in front of my eyes.

 

Yoona...

 

She is finally back...

 

And she is standing there with her still beautiful face and warm smile.

 

“It’s nice to see you again, my angel.”

 

Her voice...

 

Her smile...

 

Her eyes...

 

Everything about her...

 

Brought tears on my eyes...

 

Finally...

 

Finally after three months...

 

The girl that I love so much...

 

Is finally back...

 

“Yoona...”


Jessica's POV

“Unnie! Your phone is ringing!”

I put down the hand sprinkler and wipe off my hands on my shorts.

“Who is it from?!” I shouted.

“From an unknown number!” She replies.

 

Unknown number?

 

I walk back inside the house and found my sister sketching on her sketch pad. I approach the couch where my sister is sitting and took a seat next to her. I glance at her work before asking, “Where’s my phone?”

Krystal stops her movements and looks at me. She 

handed me my phone that is beside her and got back to her sketching, concentrating back to her artwork.

I smile proudly at my sister when I realized that she has improved so much and became more mature when we got here.

 

This place...

 

This place has been a home to us.

 

It helped us change and grow into the person who we are today.

 

More expressive...

 

More comfortable with other people...

 

More affectionate...

 

And feel more happiness than we could ever imagine...

 

“I might melt if you continued staring at me unnie.”

I chuckle at my sister’s words and ruffle her hair. Krystal turns to me and gives me a glare. Her groan is an indication for me to stop what I am doing or else things would be ugly.

“Sorry about that sis.”

I unlocked my phone and called the number that called me earlier. I waited for a few minutes until someone finally answered. I let out a breath, thankful that that someone finally answered.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Is this Jessica Jung?”

 

My eyes widen in shock.

 

That voice...

 

There is no doubt about that...

 

That voice only belongs to my...

 

“Dad?”