A Kiss

A Heart's Melody

Jessica’s POV

I have been staring at the sea about an hour ago. It calms my mind from all the thoughts that hunts my mind. It is kind of an escape for me from all the problems that surround my life. That is why I love staring at the sea so much.

“The sea will melt if you keep on staring at it unnie.”

I could only smile at my sister standing behind me and patted the spot next to me on the blanket.

“Did you sleep well Krys?”

“Yup.”

“Are you s – ”

“How about you unnie? Did you sleep well?” She teasingly says.

Krystal lifts a brow to indicate what she meant and nudges her shoulder with mine.

*Sighs*

“Whatever mischievous thoughts you have in mind, I tell you that they are all wrong. Yes, I did in fact have a good night’s sleep. But I tell you, that nothing happened between us. Arraso? ”

“Fine...Okay unnie.” She pouts.

“You don’t have to be so defensive.” She continues.

I roll my eyes.

“Yeah, yeah...Whatever you say Krys.”

I turn back to the scenery in front of me. The way the waves reach the shoreline brings me back to the moment last night where Sooyoung and I were mere inches apart from each other’s face.  The way I felt her breath made my mind short-circuit. The short distance between our lips had driven me crazy was not even helping at all.

Although, I applaud myself that I still managed to not lean closer and capture the brunette’s lips.  I am sure that if there are no things holding me back, like the fact that Sooyoung is already taken with my friend, I could have kissed her there and fall deeper for her more.

But temptation was not the only thing that I felt last night...

I also felt security.

The way she securely embraces me brought warmth all over me. She makes me feel secured and relax even if that was the first time that somebody other than my mom and Krystal has hugged me to sleep.  Because of that, I felt that I have developed even deeper feelings for her now.

“Your girl is here.”

Krystal’s whisper snaps me from my train of thoughts and turn around.

"Sooyoung unnie looks really hot today."

 

Krystal's words are right.

 

Sooyoung really looks hot today.

 

I gawk at the sight of the brunette walking down the villa's front porch clad in a black two-piece swimsuit, showing off her abs and perfectly toned body. She looks like a supermodel with those matching sunglasses that she is wearing now. I swear that if this was not a private resort, people would have already stared and took pictures of Sooyoung.

 

“Like what you see?”

 

I snapped out of my trance and glared at my sister who is smirking at me.

“Will you just –”

“Is there something wrong?”

We turned around and saw Sooyoung standing behind us with a raised eyebrow and head tilted a little. Even though we cannot see her eyes because of those sunglasses, we still know that she is curious because of her actions.

“N-No...There is nothing wrong Sooyoung.”

“Are you sure?”

“N-Ne...”

“Then why are you stuttering?”

“It’s because...”

 

‘You look really hot right now.’

 

“It’s because I –”

“You think I’m hot don’t you?”

 

My eyes widen at her remark.

 

Does she have telepathy or something?

 

How did she know that I thought of that?

 

And is she smirking because of what I thought about her?

 

“I –”

Sooyoung cuts me of with her melodious laughter.

“I’m just joking Sica. I know that you won’t think of me that way.”

 

‘What do you mean by that? Of course I think of you that way’

 

“Sorry for making you uncomfortable Jess.” She smiles comfortingly.

“Yeah...sure...”


"You sure looked like a fool earlier unnie."

I glared at my sister once again and pinched her cheeks.

“Unnie!”

“You know I love you but will you just stop teasing me?”

“Okay!”

I stopped pinching her cheeks and got back on making fruit salad. Krystal on the other hand groaned in pain and mumbled some words while rubbing her cheeks to soothe them.

“Geez unnie...You pinched me so hard.”

“Well you know that that will eventually happen when you keep teasing me right?” I faced her once again and let out a smile.

Krystal only looked at me and eventually sighed, going back on her duty to make sandwiches.

 

We continued making the food that Mrs. Choi asked us to do in silence until Siwon oppa and Sooyoung sat on one of the stools opposite us on the countertop and joined us.

 

“Are those almost done?” Siwon oppa asked.

“Yup!” Krystal enthusiastically answered.

“That’s great!” He replied in the same manner.

“What about yours Jess?”

“It’s almost done.”

“That’s –”

“Great!”

 

I stopped mixing the fruit salad to look at Sooyoung who is beaming at me.

 

“I’m getting really hungry. Could you please make it faster? Jessica? Krystal?” She says in a cute manner with matching cute expressions.

 

Oh gosh...

 

She looks so cute.

 

Choi Sooyoung...

 

You are going to be the end of me.

 

“Sure unnie!” Krystal replies.

 At the corner of my eyes, I could see Krystal and Siwon oppa smiling while the latter is smirking. I gulp to remove the certain uneasiness that I am feeling and got back on mixing the fruit salad.

The three of them continued talking with me joining in from now and then for a little while until Sooyoung goes down the stool and moves at the large space between me and Krystal.

“Let me help you out.”

I turn and give a reassuring smile at the tall brunette.

“No need. I’m almost done.”

“But –”

“I’m done!”

We both turn our heads to Krystal who is looking proudly at her sandwiches with a wide smile upon her face. The brunette chuckles and puts an arm on my younger sister’s shoulder. Grabbing a sandwich, Sooyoung takes a bite and smiles proudly at my sister.

“You are getting better and better in making these things Krys.”

“Why thank you unnie.”

“Shall we bring them outside?”

“Sure.”

The two girls each had two plates full of sandwiches placed in a tray in hand. They exchanged words for a little while about where the others are waiting and eventually left, leaving me alone with Siwon oppa who is drinking a soda that he got out of the refrigerator earlier.

“Jessica...”

“Hmm...?”

“You also make her smile so much.”

I stopped placing the bowls of fruit salads on the tray and looked confusedly at Siwon oppa.

“Huh?”

“What do you mean oppa?”

Siwon oppa just sighs and shakes his head.

“Never mind what I said. Just continue with what you are doing.”

“...Okay...”


Three days later...

 

“Do you really need to go back now Grandma?” Sulli tearfully asks as she continued hugging Grandma Choi.

“Apparently we have to dear. Your uncle called me yesterday and told me to get back because there has been a problem regarding with the stocks. You know that we also have a business Kentucky right?”

“Yeah but –”

“We are going to visit after four months. Is it okay with you dear?” Grandpa Choi asked.

Sulli turns to the old man and lets out a pout.

“Four months is too long but...if that is what it takes to see you again then it is okay with me.” She dejectedly says.

“That’s a good girl.” Grandpa Choi ruffles her hair affectionately.

“Promise us that in four months, you will go back here, okay?” Siwon asked when it is his turn to hug his grandparents.

“Of course we will young man.” Grandma Choi replies with a smile.

Siwon only smiles and kisses his grandparents’ cheeks before going back beside his parents. Sooyoung then approaches their grandparents and hugs them tightly and kisses their cheeks.

“Be careful on your way back, okay?”

“We will dear.” Grandma Chois replies.

The brunette smiles, “I love the both of you so much.”

“We also love you so much Soo.” Grandpa Choi answers.

“But I love you more.”

“But not as much as you love Yoona.” Grandma Choi counters.

 

Sooyoung only kept silent and lets out a warm smile.

 

“Yeah...”

“...Maybe not as much as I love Yoona...”

“...”

“Could I ask you something dear?”

“Sure. What is it grandma?”

“Could you give Yoona a kiss right now?”

 

Sooyoung is taken aback.

 

“On the cheeks?”

“On the lips.”


Jessica's POV

I have been smiling as I watch each one of the Chois said their farewells to their grandparents until Grandma Choi said those words that I did not expect. The smile on my face is no longer in sight and is replaced with a shocked and stunned expression.

 

“But Grandma, this is a public place. Yoona might be uncomfortable.” Sooyoung reasons out.

 

I turn to Sooyoung and saw that she is taken aback as I am. But, it is not about the place that I might be uncomfortable with. It is about the kiss that I will surely be uncomfortable with.

“That is nonsense! I am sure that you two have already kissed in public. Sulli even said so a few months ago that she saw the two of you kissing at a park.”

“But –”

“Do you want to go back to that old school campus again?”

Sooyoung is only left speechless with Grandma Choi’s threat. The brunette looks down on her shoes and closes her eyes with her brows furrowed as she exhales small breaths from now and then. Knowing her for how many months and with the help of Yoona and her siblings, I know that she is really scared whenever she does that.

“Thought so...” Grandma Chois says with a victory smile.

Sooyoung, who has now composed herself, looks up to her Grandmother and sighs in defeat.

“Okay, I will give her a kiss. But it will be quick, okay?”

“Okay.” Grandma Choi says nonchalantly.

 

Sooyoung turns to look straight into my eyes.

 

Thump...

 

Thump...

 

Thump...

 

My beating heart!

 

Could you please stop for a while?

 

Sooyoung approaches me and takes my hand with hers. She cups my cheek with her other hand with her unwavering stare at my eyes. She leans in closer to me and I could feel my face burning up. And when I thought that she is going to kiss me already, Sooyoung then shifts her head to whisper on my ear and say, “I’m sorry.”

And then after that, Sooyoung moves away from my ear and finally placed a kiss on my lips.

My heart soared. My heart beat faster than its usual pace. I feel like I am going to explode with all the burning that I am feeling.

 

These tingles...

 

This electricity...

 

This moment...

 

I hope that it will last forever.

 

But sadly, the moment ended just like that. Sooyoung pulls away and places a kiss on my forehead before looking back at her grandmother who has a wide smile upon her face.

“Are you happy now grandma?”

“Very.”

Sooyoung looks back at me again and gives me a smile.

 

Her lips...

 

Oh gosh...

 

I miss her lips already...

 

Wait...

 

Stop thinking about her lips already Jessica...

 

This is wrong...

 

What you are doing is wrong...

 

But yet...

 

Why does it feel so right?

 

“It looks like we have to go now.”

 

I snap out of my train of thoughts and turn to the two old people smiling at us.

“We’ll see you next time umma, appa.” Mr. Choi says.

“Be careful.” Mrs. Choi added.

“We love you.” The Choi siblings said in unison.

“Okay. We will. We love you.” Grandpa Choi replies.

“Yoona...” Grandma Choi calls out.

 

Wait.

 

Oh right.

 

I am pretending to be Yoona.

 

“Yes grandma?”

“Could you give grandma a hug?”

I chuckle at the old woman who is spreading out her arms to me.

 “Of course grandma.”

I move closer to Grandma Choi and wrap her in a not so tight embrace.

“I’ll miss you grandma.”

“You too dear.”

“Take care okay?”

“We will.”

We pulled out of the hug and smiled at each other.

“Take care of my granddaughter for me.”

“Sure grandma.”

“Love her always okay?”

 

Love...?

 

Do I love her...?

 

“...Okay...”