Something Missing

A Heart's Melody

Author's Note:

Happy New Year my lovely readers! Sorry that I did not update yesterday even though I really wanted to as a gift to you but since my mother used the laptop for her work, I did not have the chance to update.

 

Anyways, I'm still sad yet happy and glad at the same time about the news yesterday about Seung Gi and Yoona dating. I'm sad because I want to be in Yoona's shoes because I like Lee Seung Gi so much T_T and vice versa. And what about YoonYul and SooNa? What about them?! Huhuhu! T_T

 

But still, I am happy and glad that Yoona got a boy named Lee Seung Gi. >_< Wish them the best of luck! And I hope that Seung Gi oppa won't make our dear Yoona cry. Or else...

 

Kekeke. :-) 

 


Yoona’s POV

 

“Drink mine.”

 

Sooyoung hands me her coffee and takes a seat next to me on top of the conference table.

 

*Smiles*

 

“Thanks.”

 

I immediately drank her coffee and finished it off quickly. Going down the table, I threw the paper cup on the plastic garbage can and took a seat on top of the table next to my brunette lover again.

 

“I really missed coffee.”

 

“Why? Don’t you drink coffee there?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“But why?”

 

“Because coffees only remind me of you...”

 

Sooyoung smiles brightly and places a kiss on my forehead.

 

“You became much sweeter now Yoong.”

 

I shrug, “Maybe because I just miss you so much.”

 

“Maybe...” She huskily whispers.

 

 

 

Oh God...

 

 

 

I really missed that.

 

 

 

 

Her husky voice drives me insane every time.

 

 

 

“Don’t use that husky tone on me.” I pouted.

 

“Why? Don’t you find it y anymore?”

 

“I still do. But don’t use that here because my mind might short-circuit. I still need to be on my proper mind when I face everyone else later you know.”

 

Sooyoung smiles ily at me and leans closer to me. My heart pounded out of my chest. She really is an expert on making me act and feel like this.

 

 

 

Gosh...

 

 

 

 

I really missed this little seductress of mine.

 

 

 

 

“What are you going to do to me?”

 

“What I always do to you.”

 

 

 

I know what she means.

 

 

 

 

But I’ll just play along with this little seduction of hers.

 

 

 

 

“What is it?”

 

“This.”

 

Sooyoung closes the gap between us as she cups my cheek with her hand. I snap my eyes close and pulled her by the nape to bring her closer to me.

We battled for dominance as minutes passed as we explored and re-memorized. I missed the taste of her lips and the way our tongues tangle together. I missed the way she bites my lips whenever I pull out for air to have some more. I missed the way our moans echo around the room. And most of all, I missed the way that I feel so loved and secured because she’s here with me.

 

We pull away after a while to catch our breaths. I place my forehead against Sooyoung’s as I gaze at her closed eyelids. Cupping her cheek, I peck her lips which brought a smile upon her face and open her eyes to gaze back at mine.

 

 

 

This angel...

 

 

 

 

This perfectly imperfect person here in front of me...

 

 

 

 

I am glad to be back in her arms again...

 

 

 

 

Especially now that Yuri and I finally made it clear to each other that we cannot be together again...

 


Sooyoung's POV

 

“Where do you want to go Yoong?”

 

She smiles and squeezes my hand that is intertwined with hers, “Anywhere as long as I’m with you.”

 

*Smiles*

 

“Cheesy much?”

 

“Learned from the best.”

 

I chuckle and gently pulled her closer to me. We continued to walk out of the building until we are finally outside. It is a good thing that the weather is fine or else I would have run to the nearest department store to buy an umbrella for my beloved lady.

 

“So when did you get here Yoongie?”

 

“About an hour ago.”

 

“Then where’s your luggage?”

 

“Yuri bought them home for me.”

 

“Oh really? That’s sweet of her then.”

 

“Jealous?”

 

Yoona lifts a brow and gives me a teasing smile.

 

*Shrug*

 

“A little.”

 

“Just a little?”

 

“Yup, just a little.”

 

“Hmm...Okay then.”

 

A few minutes later, Onew finally arrived and opened the car door for us. We thanked him before going inside. Making ourselves comfortable, Yoona puts her head on my shoulder whereas I put my head on top of hers, our hands intertwined.

 

“Yoona...”

 

“Hmm...?”

 

“Did you plan this?”

 

“Plan what?”

 

“Tricking me to go to a meeting but rather find you instead?”

 

“Yes I did. I told Siwon oppa a day ago that I am coming back and asked him to keep it a secret to you so that I could surprise you.”

 

*Pouts*

 

“So Siwon oppa knew you were coming earlier than me? Eesh...That’s not fair. You are keeping secrets again from me Im Yoona.”

 

Yoona lifts her head up and looks straight into my eyes with a pout upon her face.

 

“But it was to surprise you!”

 

“But still –”

 

“Soo!”

 

“Fine! I’m just joking. Take it easy Yoong.”

 

I kiss her pout away which made her smile and put her head back on my shoulder again.

 

 

Ah...

 

 

I like this feeling so much.

 

 

Having her close to me again brings joy and warmth into my heart.

 

 

But there is something...

 

 

Something missing that I just can’t put a finger on...

 

 

Maybe...

 

 

It must be because my heart did not pound out of my chest like what it did before...?

 

 

Or rather...

 

 

Maybe it must be because the electricity that I always feel whenever I hold her hand got weaker...?

 

 

Why...?

 

 

Why am I feeling like this...?

 

 

Why do I feel that there is something missing...?

 

 

 

“Is there something wrong Youngie?”

 

I snap out of my train of thoughts and turn at the beautiful lady looking worriedly at me. I offer her a smile and kiss her forehead.

 

“There is nothing wrong Yoong.”

 

“But then why do you look like that? You know that I can read your expressions and the meaning behind them right? I know that you are thinking of something deep right now. So tell me, what is it?”

 

She really knows me best.

 

“I can’t tell you.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I need to figure out its answer before I could reveal it to you.”

 

The black-haired sighed.

 

“Okay, if that’s what you want then I can’t force you to say it to me.”

 

I let out a warm smile.

 

“Thank you Yoona.”

 


Jessica's POV

 

“I love you Jessica.”

“I love you too dad.”

 

I ended the call and let out a deep sigh.

 

I am glad that everything is alright again and we could finally go back. I really miss my home and everyone else there in San Francisco. I miss my not so happy and pressuring life. I miss my parents who love me and want the best for me but still pressure me whenever they can.

 

But if we leave and go back home...

 

We would surely miss this place and the people that we call family.

 

“What did dad say?”

 

*Turns to Krystal*

 

“He said that we could go back whenever we want and that he will explain how they solved the case of the bankruptcy when we are there.”

 

Really...?

 

“Yes.”

 

Krystal nods her head and kept silent for a while. I know that she is thinking something by the way she looks right now. And so I waited for her until she finally spoke up again.

 

“Do you want to go back now unnie?”

 

I shake my head.

 

“Not yet.”

 

Krystal beams a smile and kisses my cheek.

 

“Thank you unnie.”

 

I furrow my brows, “For what?”

 

“For not deciding to go back early. I still have the time to spend the rest of my days with Sulli until we finally decide to go back home.”

 

 

Oh right...

 

 

Krystal and Sulli are a thing now.

 

 

“I almost forgot about that.”

 

“You always forget about things unnie.” She teases.

 

I just shrugged and stuck out my tongue to her.

 

“So what made you decide to stay here for a while unnie?”

 

“This house and everyone else.”

 

“Really? Or is it because of –”

 

 

“I’m home!”

 

 

We turn our heads to the door that leads to the hallway and found Sooyoung coming in. But she was not alone. Yoona followed her from behind with a big smile upon her face as she waves happily at us.

 

“Yoona unnie!”

 

Krystal jumps out of the couch in an instant, her things scattered around the floor. She runs towards Yoona and gives her a big hug.

 

“I missed you unnie.”

“I missed you too Krys.”

 

They pull out of the hug and started to ask questions back and forth. I only watched them from my spot on the couch until Sooyoung approaches me and takes a seat next to me with that very big smile upon her face that was gone for a the mean time and is back again.

 

 

 

And it is a smile...

 

 

 

That only Yoona could make...

 

 

 

“Seems someone is really happy right now,” I teased.

 

The tall brunette chuckles and shrugs.

 

“Am I that obvious?”

 

“Of course. That very big smile upon your face that was gone for these past three months is back again. I know because I observed.”

 

She lifts a brow, “Oh? I didn’t know that you observe me that much.”

 

 

Oh.

 

 

.

 

 

“O-Of course I would observe you. You are my friend remember? And I think it is natural for friends to observe each other’s behaviour or something.” I reasoned out.

 

Sooyoung nods, “Hmm...Sounds suspicious but...Okay.” She shrugs.

 

 

*Sighs*

 

 

Aish.

 

 

This girl really...

 

 

“It seems that the two of you are much closer now.”

 

Sooyoung and I look away from each other and found Yoona standing in front of us with a smile.

 

“Yeah, Jessica has been a really great friend when you were gone.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Really? Then I should thank Sica then.”

 

Yoona turns to me and bows at me.

 

“Thank you for taking care and being beside Youngie and for understanding her annoying side when I was gone.”

 

“Yah! I am not annoying!” Sooyoung crossed her arms.

 

“You are.” Yoona sticks out her tongue at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung only pouted and looked away, acting like she’s mad, whereas Yoona only giggled and tried to get the brunette’s attention back.

 

 

 

 

And looking at them now...

 

 

 

 

Feels heartbreaking...

 

 

 

 

 “By the way Jess...”

 

Yoona pays her attention back at me.

 

“Are you not giving this cured girl a hug?”

 

I only chuckled and stood up, giving Yoona a tight hug.

 

“I missed you Yoong.”

 

“I missed you Jessi.”

 

“Are you staying for the night?”

 

Yoona pulls out of the hug and shakes her head.

 

“Nah, I want to be home. I miss my bed so much. Besides, my father is waiting for me. He said that he wants to sleep next to his daughter tonight.”

 

“Your father misses you a lot.”

 

“Yeah, he always says that to me whenever he calls.”

 

“Where is Yuri by the way?”

 

“She went straight home because she is suffering from the mighty powers of jet lag.”

 

I laugh.

 

“I pity her.”

 

“Same.”

 

 

“What about me?”

 

 We turn our heads to Sooyoung who still her arms crossed and is still pouting.

 

“What about you?” Yoona asks.

 

“What about me? Don’t you pity me?”

 

“Why would I pity you?”

 

“Because I cannot sleep with you today.”

 

Yoona giggles and seats on the brunette’s lap.

 

“You know that my father and I are –”

 

“I know.” Sooyoung kisses Yoona’s forehead and wraps her arms on the girl’s waist.

 

“But I just can’t help but feel saddened that I can’t sleep with you tonight.”

 

“Don’t worry. I will make it up to you tomorrow. We are going to cuddle all through the night if that is what you want.”

 

“I would love that.”

 

 

 

 

Gosh...

 

 

 

 

Seeing them again like this makes my heart bleed...

 

 

 

 

Especially now that I realized...

 

 

 

That I am in love with Choi Sooyoung...

 

 


At night...

 

Jessica goes inside the soundproof music room at the far end corner of the house. The room has a nice view of the garden outside beyond the large glass window. It does not need a lot of light since the moon is illuminating the room.

The blonde closes the door and heads to the grand piano at the centre. She pulled out the piano bench and made herself comfortable before opening the fallboard and admiring the well-maintained keyboard.

Jessica inhales first before starting to play.

 

Is this what love is?
Does it hurt the more you do it?
The more I get closer to you
My feelings grow bigger
It scares me

 

What Jessica does not know is that Sooyoung is standing by the door and is watching her little performance. The brunette is supposed to get her violin and play it outside but she just forgot about it once she heard Jessica sing. And so that is why she is just standing there and listening to the blonde’s beautiful voice.

 

 Such a precious person to me
That person, who won’t ever come again
That’s it for me, that’s enough
Just the fact that I love you

 

Jessica closes her eyes and the picture of Sooyoung came into her mind. The way she makes her feel brought tears to her eyes.

 

Why did fate let her meet someone she loves but cannot have?

 

Why did fate have to play with her?

 

The one person who can’t see me though I am looking
The one person who can’t hear me though I am calling
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
Just once, please

 

‘Does Sooyoung ever look at me the way I look at her?’

The lyrics of the song badly pierced Jessica’s heart that it hurts so much. And she cannot help but think that she lost her chance especially now that Yoona is back.

 

The only thing I can do is cry but
Like a fool, I am waiting
Please come to me now
Come to me just like this
My last wish is that one person, you


 

The sound of the notes ending echoed around the room. Jessica takes in a few breaths before opening her eyes. The moon greeted her happily and it made her smile.

The blonde stares at the moon for quite a while before looking away and closing the fallboard. And the moment she is about to stand up, a voice she knows so well called out to her.

 

“Jessica...”

 

The blonde froze.

 

"Hey Jung!"

 

“YES?!”

 

The blonde shoots up from her seat but only felt pain when her knees made contact with the piano which made her groan in pain.

 

“Ow...” She rubs her knees to try to soothe it.

 

Sooyoung, who is a witness at the whole scene, immediately grabbed a first-aid kit that is on top of a nightstand and worriedly walked towards Jessica and took a seat next to her.

 

“Does it hurt?”

 

“Yeah...”

 

The brunette places the kit on top of the fallboard and almost opened the kit until Jessica stopped her by holding her hand.

 

“That’s not needed Soo.”

 

“But –”

 

“It’s okay Youngie. It’s nothing major. Besides, the pain is gone.”

 

Sooyoung stared at the blonde’s eyes for a minute and eventually let out a defeated sigh.

 

“Fine...”

 

The brunette retraced her hand and placed it on her lap. Jessica watches her actions before placing her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder. The brunette is a little surprised at first, but she immediately relaxed since Jessica always does this whenever they are alone ever since they got much closer.

 

“You seem down Jessi.”

 

“How do you say so?” 

 

“Because of the way you are acting right now...and also...your expressions tell me that there is something going on with you.”

 

‘Yeah...And it is all because of you.’ Jessica thought.

 

“You seem to know me more now Soo.”

 

“I should speak the same with you.”

 

“Is it maybe because we grew much closer in these seven months that we knew each other?”

 

Sooyoung lets out a smile, “Must be.”

 

 

There is silence for a while until the blonde spoke up again.

 

 

“Soo...”

 

“Hmm...?”

 

“My dad called me earlier.”

 

“Really?! That’s great! What did he say?”

 

“He told me that everything is fine now and that we could go home whenever we can.”

 

 

 

Go home.

 

 

That hit a button on the brunette.

 

 

She forgot that if everything is fine in Jessica’s life again then it means...

 

 

That the sleeping beauty has to go home...

 

 

And as much as she wants to make Jessica stay...

 

 

She can’t be selfish since she doesn’t own Jessica.

 

 

 

“Oh...”

“...”

“So when are you leaving?”

“...”

“I am not quite sure yet...”

“...”

“But maybe in about a month after ...”

 

 

One month.

 

 

She only has one month until she will say goodbye to Jessica.

 

 

Of course she could go visit the blonde whenever she wants but...

 

 

It would not be the same.

 

 

 

“Did you already tell your father about that?”

 

“Yeah...I called him again after we ate dinner. He said that he will be delighted to see us again.”

 

Sooyoung only kept silent.

 

Jessica lifts her head up from the brunette’s shoulder with a heavy heart. She stared at the girl’s face and saw sadness in it.

 

 

And a sad Sooyoung...

 

 

Is what she hates to see the most...

 

 

 

“Sooyoung...”

 

 

Hearing her name made the brunette turn to Jessica. And before she process what is happening, Jessica already leaned in and kissed her, pulling her by the nape to bring her closer to her.

Sooyoung blink once, twice, three times...until she finally realized what is happening. And before she could react or reciprocate, Jessica already pulled away and rested her forehead with hers.

 

 

“Sooyoung...”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 


 

Song: That One Person, You by Jessica Jung 

I just used the english lyrics if you are wondering guys. ( >_< )

Please leave a comment for this little SooSic heart of mine. Saranghae chingus! <3