The First Time

A Heart's Melody

Yoona’s POV

 

I never knew how bad of a girlfriend I am to Sooyoung until now. She has been so understanding and caring to me right from the start. She is the perfect girlfriend anyone could have.  And I know I do not deserve someone as loving as her.

 

 Especially since all I caused her is pain...

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

I snap out of my thoughts and found Sooyoung looking at me with worried eyes.

 

I smiled, “No...There is nothing wrong.”

 

“I know there is something hurting you with that look upon your eyes and that insincere smile you are giving to me right now.”

 

Sooyoung really does know me best. She knows how I feel with just one look upon my eyes. She can read me like an open book. She knows if I am feeling down or if I need something. She knows when to give me space and time for myself. She knows my moods and attitude. She knows all about me.

 

And that is why...

 

I really do not deserve her.

 

"You..."

“...”

“You are right.”

“...”

“There really is something hurting me right now.”

 

Sooyoung sighs and pushes herself up into a sitting position. She makes herself comfortable before looking straight into my eyes. I got what she meant and that is why I also pushed myself into a sitting position and sat between her legs.

Sooyoung tucks her chin on my shoulder and wraps her arms around my waist while I on the other hand leaned myself on her and placed both my hands on top of her arms.

 

“Are you thinking that you don’t deserve me again?”

 

“...Yeah...”

 

She sighs and wraps her arms tighter around me.

 

“What made you think that again?”

 

“Because of Jessica...”

 

“Jessica...?”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“...”


“I think you deserve someone better...”

 

“Someone like Jessica...?”

 

“...Yeah...”

 

There is a silence between us until I felt a tear fell on my shoulder.

 

“Soo are you –”

 

I was cut off with her sniffing.

 

 

 

That confirms it.

 

 

 

She really is crying.

 

 

 

But why?

 

 

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

“Because you are hurting...”

 

“...”

 

“...And it hurts me to see you like that...”

 

 

 

 

 

She is crying again...

 

 

 

 

 

And it is all because of me...

 

 

 

 

“Sooyoung...?”

 

“Y-Yeah...?”

 

“Do you remember the time when you said those three magical words to me?”

 


Flashback...

 

"It's raining again..."

 

“Guess it is.”

 

I felt a cardigan being placed on my shoulders which made me turn to Sooyoung who just flashed me a smile which I grew to love each time.

 

“Wear that properly so you won’t feel cold.”

 

“But I don’t f –”

 

She cuts me off with a kiss on the temple.

 

“Just stop talking and start wearing okay?”

 

I could only pout but eventually sigh in defeat and handed my things to her for a while so that I can wear her green cardigan.

 

“There that looks better. It suits you.” She complimented.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Sooyoung began to open her umbrella and proceeded out of the entrance. She turns around and flashes me another smile, gesturing me to come to her.

 

“Come on! I’ll bring you home.”

 

A smile crept on my face as I nodded my head and walked to her.

 

“Are those heavy?” She pointed at the things in my hands.

 

“Didn’t you hold these earlier when I was wearing your cardigan?”

 

“Well...I did not notice their weight because I was busy looking at you.”

 

'How sweet...'

 

“Of course! Who wouldn’t be looking at this beauty of mine?” I joked.

 

She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

 

“Yeah right...Miss Humble.”

 

I could only giggle at this girl in front of me.

 

“Anyway...Do you mind if I hold those for you?”

 

“No need. I could carry them myself.”

 

“But I am your girlfriend. Girlfriends should be helpful with their other half.” She pouted.

 

“You helped me a lot all these time Soo. I am a hundred percent sure that I could carry these myself. Besides, a girlfriend should be caring with their other half right?”

 

She stares directly at my eyes and eventually sighs in defeat.

 

“Fine...”

 

We began to walk hand in hand with our free hands as we basked in the feeling of being next to each other in this cold rain. A comfortable silence surrounded us as we continued to walk down the street. And I cannot help but feel that this moment is perfect, just the two of us together in the rain.

 

 

 

This moment...

 

 

 

 

I hope that it lasts forever...

 

 

 

 

“Yoona...?”

 

“Hmm...?”

 

“Could you hold the umbrella for a while?”

 

“S-Sure...”

 

She untwines our hands and hands me the umbrella. She lets out a smile before kissing me on the temple and walking away from me, making herself get soaked in the rain.

 

“Yah!”

 

She didn’t listen and continued letting herself get soaked.

 

“Choi  Sooyoung! You’ll get soaked!”

 

Still, she didn’t listen.

 

“Choi! Get back here!”

 

And again, she still didn’t listen. I could only sigh and walk towards her. But when I was centimetres away from her, she calls out my name which makes me stop on my tracks.

 

“Im Yoona!”

 

“N-Ne...?”

 

“We have been dating for eight months already and I think it is time for me to finally say this...”

 

 

Thump...

 

 

 

Thump...

 

 

 

Thump...

 

 

 

“I...”

 

 

Thump...

 

 

 

Thump...

 

 

 

Thump...

 

 

 

“Love...”

 

 

 

What is taking you so long to complete that sentence?

 

 

My heart is about to explode!

 

 

Just say it already!

 

 

 

“I love you Im Yoona...”

 

 

'Finally!'

 

 

“... and I hope you feel the same way.”

 

 

I did not know what got into me but I dropped off my things and the umbrella and ran to Sooyoung, wrapping my arms around her neck as I gave her chaste kiss that we shared for the first time.

 

When we pulled away a few minutes later did I notice that I was crying out of pure happiness. This is the first time that I have been this happy in my existence. But I am sure that as long as Sooyoung is with me and loving me that I would surely be happy every single day of my life.

 

“I do.”

 

“What?”

 

“I do feel the same way.”

 

“...”

 

“I love you Choi Sooyoung.”

 

The brunette began to tear up out of happiness and eventually ended up crying as we embraced each other under the rain.

 

“Isn’t this a little cliché?” I whispered.

 

“Kissing and saying I love you in the rain?”

 

“Yeah...?”

 

“A little. But still, I would do all the cliché things in this world as long as it is for you, and only you.” Sooyoung kisses me on the forehead and wraps her arms tighter around me.

 

“How romantic...”

 

“Get used to it Im.”

 

“Okay Choi.”

 


 

“Yeah, I still could clearly remember how cliché it was.” She chuckles and wipes off her tears with the back of her hand.

 

“You have to admit that cliché is natural between the both of us.”

 

She giggles, “I guess it is.”

 

“...”

 

"I will always remember the time when you said I love you for the first time."

 

"Me too..."

 

"..."

 

“So what brings you to reminisce about our past?”

 

Sooyoung is no longer crying but she still has her arms tightly around me.

 

“Nothing...”

 

“...”

 

“I was just reminiscing how beautiful it was back then.”

 

“Is it not beautiful now?”

 

I only kept silent and stared at the wall in front of us.

 

“Yoona...”

“...”

“Please always keep in mind that no matter what happens, no matter what you think that you do not deserve me because of our lack of moments before, I always want you to know that no other girl could replace you in my heart. “

 

 

Tears...

 

 

It is my turn to cry this time around...

 

 

“You would always be number one and no one deserves me than you.”

 

 

 

Hearing her words makes my heart clench so much...

 

 

 

Especially when I saw...

 

 

 

When I saw a different reflection in her eyes when I came back...

 

 

 

 

A reflection of someone that I know...

 

 

 

 

But I just chose to ignore...

 

 

 

 

 

Because it would mean the end...

 

 

 

 

The end of this beautifully imperfect relationship with her...

 

 

 

 

“Yoona...”

“...”

“I just want you to know that...”

 

Sooyoung unwraps her arms around me and makes me turn around to face her, cupping my cheeks with her hands as she gazes directly at my tear streaked eyes.

 

“No one will love me better than you do...”

 

 

 

Stop...

 

 

 

“I love you Yoong...”

 

 

 

 

Please just stop...

 

 


 

 

 

I am having a hard time on deciding whether to make Yoona and Sooyoung together or Jessica and Sooyoung.

Gah! It is killing me so much!

Could you help me out by commenting your choice?

Please! Please! Please! T.T

Huhuhu...!!!