Unexpected Visitor

A Heart's Melody

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“I think we should break up.”

 

 

 

Those words keep on repeating on my mind like a broken record.

 

 

 

It can’t be.

 

 

 

Yoona can’t leave me.

 

 

 

She can’t.

 

 

 

“B-But why...?” My voice started to crack.

 

“Because I lack time for you...”

 

“But I could just adjust my time for you.”

 

“I lack the affection.”

 

“But the way you are showing your love is fine with me.”

 

“I lack the care.”

 

“But what you are doing is enough with me.”

 

“I lack everything.”

 

“But you don’t. You –”

 

“Choi Sooyoung!”

 

Her voice made me stop.

 

Yoona removes her hand from my grasp and cup my cheek.

 

“Please don’t make this harder than it already is.”

 

“But if this is hard for you then why are you breaking up with me?”

 

“Because I have to set you free...”

 

“But I want to be caged by you.”

 

Yoona sighs and pecks me on the lips.

 

“Sooyoung...I will always and forever will love you.”

 

“...”

 

“And I know you will love me just the same.”

 

“...”

 

“But I can read in your eyes despite you ignoring it, that your heart started to fall for someone else. Your eyes reflect an imagine of someone else. And I know, you know, who I am talking about.”

“But Yoona –”

 

She silences me with a kiss.

 

“Sooyoung...”

 

“...”

 

“Letting you go is the most stupid thing that I will ever do. When I get older, I would always think what if I married you. You would always be my greatest ‘what if’. But I know, we are not meant to be.”

 

Tears started to fall down her eyes.

 

“Sooyoung...do you remember that girl you met when we were younger?”

 

Of course I would remember her. That girl was my first love. I met her at a banquet that a business partner of Yoona, Yuri and I’s parents held.

 

I still could remember how her hair flows down her shoulders and the way her laughter seemed to echo around the room. I still could remember her scent and the time we spent together.

 

But sadly, over the course of years, I have forgotten her face. And worse of all, I didn’t get to know her name when we separated that night. I searched for her everywhere. But I never saw her again.

 

“The girl I wanted to marry?”

 

“Yeah...That’s right.”

 

“What about her?”

 

“I haven’t told you this before but...that girl you met was Jessica.”

 

 

 

I froze.

 

 

 

 

So the girl that I always wanted to meet again when we were younger was...

 

 

 

 

Jessica?

 

 

 

 

“But how did you know?”

 

“Father told me.”

 

“But then why didn’t you –”

 

“Because I was afraid to lose you...”

 

I place a kiss on her forehead.

 

“If you were afraid to lose me then why are you letting me go?”

 

“Because I love you...”

 

“Is that how a person should show her love?”

 

She sighs and gently wipes away my tears.

 

“Soo...”

 

“I want you to understand that I’m letting you go because I want you to find your happiness.”

 

“But you are my happiness.”

 

“Sooyoung...”

 

I stare at her eyes. I can see that she really decided to let me go, even if it pains her like hell. And if this is what she wants, then so be it. After all, I promised to myself that what Yoona wants, Yoona gets.

 

“Yoong...if this will be the end of our relationship then I want you to know something...”

 

Yoona whimpers and nods her head.

 

“What is it...?”

 

“I want you to know that...”

 

I wrap my arms around her tightly and inhaled her scent.

 

“The name Im Yoona...”

 

“...”

 

”...is the meaning of my life.”

 

As if right on cue, Yoona cries harder, wrapping her arms around me and sobbing continuously. I on the other hand tried to stay strong, but I couldn’t. Another set of tears fell down my eyes.

 

I whisper on her ear, “Why are you doing this to yourself if leaving me pains you?”

 

“I don’t know...”

 

“I don’t know...”

 

 


Jessica’s POV

 

I look at my wristwatch and realize that it has been thirty minutes since Yoona went inside.

 

“Should we leave?”

 

I turn to Yuri and shrug.

 

“Maybe we should. I think it would take them a long time to go out. Or maybe, Yoona decided to sleep here for the night.”

 

She nods.

 

“Okay. I’ll just text Yoona that we’ll be taking her car.”

 

“Okay.”

 


 

“Here we are.”

 

Yuri parks the car and unbuckles her seatbelt. I did the same and got out of the car, stretching my arms and legs in the process.

 

“You look tired Jung.”

 

“Of course I am. I didn’t get to have my afternoon sleep.”

 

Yuri laughs and walks in front of me.

 

“You really are a sleepy head.”

 

“That’s who I am.”

 

I shrug nonchalantly which earned a chuckle coming from Yuri.

 

“You are impossible Jung.”

 

“So are you Kwon.”

 

“Should we leave?”

 

“Yeah, it’s almost sun down.”

 

Yuri only nodded in reply and walked out of the huge garage of the Ims with me in tow.

 


 

I reached home after Yuri and I ate an early dinner at a nearby restaurant. Yuri said that she can’t bring me home since she has to go home as soon as possible. And of course I understood my workaholic friend.

 

I walked around the halls and stopped at the room where the art gallery of the Chois are located. I slide the door open and found Sulli arranging some artworks inside. I could not help but smile at how cute Sulli looks with that serious face of hers. It is rare for me to see her make that face.

 

I tiptoed towards her and stopped behind her.

 

“Why so serious Sulli?”

 

Sulli shriek in surprise and almost hit me with a painting until she recognized me.

 

“Yah unnie! You gave me a heart attack!”

 

I could only laugh and pat her shoulder.

 

“Sorry Sul but...your reaction was really funny! Seriously it was priceless! I should have taken a picture and posted it on my Weibo account.”  I teased.

 

Sulli pouted and glared at me.

 

“Stop laughing unnie. It’s not funny!”

 

“Yes it is.”

 

“No it’s not.”

 

“Yes it is.”

 

“No it’s not.”

 

“Yes it –”

 

“Unnie!”

 

We turn around and found a panting Krystal standing by the door.

 

“What is it baby sis?”

 

“You have to see this unnie.”

 

“See what?”

 

“Just come with me!”

 

Krystal drags me away with Sulli coming with us. A minute later, we reached the living room where my sister links my arms with her as if to protect me from danger. She also has that serious look upon her which only means that what she wants me to see is serious business. And also, I have a feeling that something bad will happen, something that would not be favourable with me and my sister.

 

“Look in front you unnie.”

 

I did what I was told and looked in front. There was a man at my age next to my father. His back is facing me that is why I cannot see his face. But I know who that back belongs to. There is only one person that I know who owns that.

 

 

 

And seeing him now confirms that my instinct was right.

 

 

 

This upcoming situation really would not be favourable to my sister and me...

 

 

 

“Why are you here?”

 

My voice made him stand up and turn to me. Flashing me a smile that other girl would melt for. But sorry for him because it would never, I repeat never, would work on me.

 

“Jessica...I missed you.”

 

“Or should I say fiancée?”

 

Hearing him call me as his fiancée made me grit my teeth in disgust.

 

“What’s up Kim Jonghyun.”

 

 


 

Thank you to all that supported this story of mine. But it is sad to say that I have to end this. The next chapter would be the last. Even though I had fun making this, I still have to end it so that I could focus on my other story. Some of you might have noticed that my other stories are deleted. But I assure you that I would write them again when I have the chance.

 

Again, thank you to all of you.

 

Saranghae chingus! <3