Chapter 26 - Game Over

My bothersome life with Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING:  An Emotional Chapter but not the most emotional one that I'll make. 

Jaerin forgot about the happenings with the festival and proceeded to just continuing the endless cycle of going to school. She heard squeals coming from different directions and followed to where they were heading to. They were all gathered arond the news stand of the school's publishing club. There were all reading the front page which made other girls whine and other girls happy. Jaerin looked down on the last newspaper and her eyes widened at the headline.

 

LU FAMILY & MENG FAMILY TO WED THEIR ELDEST OFFSPRINGS. 

 

Jaerin had her eyes on the picture of Luhan and a girl with long black hair. Jaerin bit her lip hard to stop herself from making sobbing noises but she felt the tears rolling down her pale cheeks.  Jaerin's bangs now covered her eyes and she quickly walked away from the hallucinating fan girls. She knew this was going to end like this but never did she know that her heart wouldn't take it so easily.  Her thoughts of of Luhan came back, how he acted like a jerk, how he . 

 

Was I really just a toy to him? Jaerin thought.

 

Just then, Sehun passed by and saw her walking towards the stairs that were leading to the staircase. He decided to follow her, he was still unaware of the news. When he arrived at the destination, he saw Jaerin crouching down at the corner, crying her eyes out. He quickly rushed towards her and patted her back. 

 

"Jaerin...what's wrong?" 

 

"YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS, DIDN'T YOU?!" She suddenly exclaimed which took him in Surprise.

 

"Knew about what..?" Sehun said cluelessly.

 

"LUHAN'S GETTING MARRIED!" She bursted out crying again.

 

"He's what....?" Sehun's eyes widened and Jaerin saw the genuinity behind it.

 

"This is why he left...He was leaving me for good, Sehun..." Jaerin looked down on the cement and sniffed.

 

"Have you talked to him about it yet?" Sehun sighed and pulled the fragile girl into his arms. 

 

"What's the point, Sehun? It's obvious that he doesn't want me." 

 

"Isn't it a fixed marriage, though?" Sehun raised an eyebrow.

 

"Sehun... You don't understand." Jaerin looked up at him. "Fighting against arranged marriages and actually having a good outcome from it only happens in dramas and fairytales...this is real life." Jaerin's hands were trembling.

 

"So...you're giving up because you've assumed that he has too?" Sehun blinked.

 

"Yeah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter