Mind (of Ours)

Black and Blue

 

I don't know what to say but thank you for reading this far..

 

 

      “What I don’t have that he has?”

      “Changmin has nothing that you have, Jiro.”

 

Junsu jumps out from the car taking him back to the apartment. It’s raining like the sky got stabbed by ferocious lightning blade. He is soon engulfed with cold water slapping his skin but he just runs to Changmin. He could hear Changmin’s loud heart shattering screams cursing and calling for his name from the first floor. He runs in choked breaths. He runs to the call of the love of his life, the one that he is given by God. The one that been tying his heart only to Changmin.

 

      “What am I lacking? What should I do to fix this?”

      “You don’t lack anything, Jiro. You are kind and great but I just couldn’t love you the way I love him. Please. Don’t fix anything. It’s my sole mistake. I was the one marrying him, not the way around.”

      “You’re my fiancé. You promised to be my future husband!”

 

Aaron runs following Junsu. He needs to check with his fellow guards he left in front of Junsu’s apartment door. His trained guard instinct tells him something is not good. What happened? Surely five professional private guards of the Wangs could handle a minor like Shim Changmin, couldn’t they?

Junsu hits his apartment door, panting furiously as he runs out of breaths. He is wet to his bone. Rain water drips from his clothes. His eyes shoot concerns and dismay. Three men are blocking the entrance of his apartment in a formation Junsu doesn’t understand. All of them have display of red dots of blood on their faces yet they do their duty to keep the aggravated man inside the apartment. Junsu calms himself for some short seconds before breaking the blocking formation (the three men look so relieved) and launches inside the now incredibly chaotic apartment. Changmin is held by two guards who look worse than the three blocking ones. His eyes are red with fury and his face contorts in pained soul as he screams Junsu’s name loudly. Junsu now witnesses how enraged Changmin is. His lips are bruised. His hands have cuts and lines of peeping blood. His muscles are all exposed on his tanned skin as a sign of his effort to break free from the strong lock. His long legs are bent on the floor, locked in a way preventing him from harming the guards further, his both sides are held in tight grip to minimize possible outburst of any counter attack. Junsu doesn’t think twice to lands on his knees and hugs his groom with his all being. The guards let go of their locking hold and quickly make far distance from the man.

      “AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH..”

      “Min.. min.. it’s me. Junsu.”

      “JUNSUUU!”

Junsu’s deepest core shivers as he feels every drop of Changmin’s painful heart calling for him. He hugs the man tight despite the pounding angry fist he gets on his back.

      “I’m here. I’m not leaving you anymore, hero.”

Changmin still hits his fists on Junsu’s back. Too angry, too frustrated and emotionally robbed from the sudden loss of Junsu’s absence when he woke up an hour ago.

      “Sorry, Min.” Junsu whispers, uncaring about heads and stares they get from the six guards and people passing their doors. “I had to return Jiro’s ring.”

      “Why?” Changmin nearly sobs. “Why do you always torture me like this?” He beats Junsu’s back again and again. “I’d prefer die, Junsu. I’d prefer die.”

      “I’m sorry.” Junsu’s hands claw Changmin’s back. “I’m sorry.”

      “You always left me when I slept. You always crushed me when I woke up to see you’re gone.”

      “Won’t do it anymore.” Junsu kisses the shaking man’s hair over and over. “Won’t leave you ever again.”

Aaron signals his men to close the door and leave the apartment. They shouldn’t intrude on something private like what they are seeing right there. The men gladly do their senior orders. Some of them wipe the bruised lips and erase the tiny blood on their faces. Some others fix their black suits from Changmin’s unexpected strong blow resistance. They should have taken the warning seriously. The tall man is no joke. He could face five very well trained professional guards by himself. If it’s just any man, Changmin can easily kick it down in no time. It’s indeed muscles stretching.

      “Min..”

      “You’re cruel. Too cruel.”

Junsu coughs. The cold rain, wet clothes and beaten back start to show its effect on him.

      “Do you know how awfully painful it is to wake up and see that you are left alone?”

Junsu loosens his clawing grip on Changmin’s back. His hand slowly goes to his nose as he feels very familiar cold fluid makes its appearance.

      “Do you even think about how inexplicably empty it is? Do you?”

Junsu doesn’t answer. Jiro’s voice rings in his ear like sharp accurate flick over his hearing sense.

      ”Why didn’t you tell me? Why did you lie to everyone?”

      “I didn’t lie. I told you hundred times that I had had someone else but you didn’t believe it.”

      “How can I believe when I never saw you with anyone else?” Jiro’s cold voice filled the room. “You couldn’t show me who the one was. You just said you had someone but no proof for that.”

      “it’s because I love Changmin. I didn’t know whether he loved me too or not. it’s been years I thought he must have had forgotten me or met someone else.”

      “so you just played me all this time? You used me?”

      “I didn’t. I did promise I’d try to love you but I can’t carry the promise anymore, Jiro. not after I know the impact of what I had done to Changmin.”

      “how about what you had promised to me?”

Junsu is unaware of his own body movement loosening his hold more and more. Changmin pulls Junsu to face him and that’s when he sees the blood dripping from Junsu’s nose. Junsu covers his nosebleed as always. He blinks at Changmin who looks more enraged after seeing Junsu’s nosebleed.

      “See? See what you did to yourself?” Changmin pushes the covering hand away from Junsu’s mouth. He clenches his teeth as the blood permeates sneakily through Junsu’s fingers. That bad? Changmin rushes to stand but his legs give away. He’s been put on his knees by strong force and his legs are now screaming in pain.

      “Junsu!” Changmin immediately peels his top off to be used as blood absorbent from Junsu’s nose. It hits him just then that Junsu is wet from top to toe, like soaking wet all over. He curses as he forces his legs to move to get something.

      “Junsu!”

Junsu looks up and shakes his head slowly. He sees worries and hurt again on Changmin’s eyes. He bites his lips as he places his other hand on Changmin’s shoulder.

      “you are bruised.” Junsu coughs. “stay here. I’ll get something for…

      “JUNSU!!”

 

      “How about what you had promised on us? Does it mean nothing to you? our engangement? My heart? Nothing? Only Changmin?”

      “I’m sorry.” Junsu apologized. “I couldn’t fulfill my words of being faithfully engaged to you anymore. I’m married to Changmin.”

      “You tossed everything we have just for a short delusional fling he made you to believe that you loved him!”

      “Jiro! he never made me believe anything I didn’t want. I made him believing he loved me. I made him wasting his six years waiting for absurd thing! It’s me, not him.”

      “You made me believe we could make it!”

      “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have wavered. You are just too good and kind. It felt really bad rejecting you over and over.”

      “if I’m that great why did you marry him? Why not me? I don’t need grand wedding. I don’t need lavish celebration. I just need you to marry me! Why him? Why that nobody?”

      “Jiro! Changmin is my husband now.”

      “Tell me why? You keep everything hidden from me. From your family too. None knows about Changmin. I asked Mark and Rainie. They know nothing. You never told us a thing but your repetitive excuse that you are not into relationship. I have to hear it from papers reported to me. From frackinghole local police. I’m your fiancé, dammit. Tell me, Junsu!”

 

      “It’s just light nosebleed.”

      “I said sit still!!!”

Junsu caresses Changmin’s hardened jaw. His nosebleed has stopped after he bathed and changed clothes (the last available one). He leans aside a bit and kisses the stiff jaw softly. Changmin doesn’t budge from his rigid anger. He hasn’t forgiven Junsu for leaving him alone.

      “You are cold, wet and bleeding.” He rants in low threatening tone. “What part of we’ll take care of everything together that missed from your brain, dear Junsu?”

Junsu kisses the complaining lips softer than he kissed the jaw. Changmin grunts as he rounds their only blanket over the thin man.

      “It’s better to tell me to erase names from living world as well, you know. Those men are lucky I didn’t have knife with me or all of them had been corpses when they held me down from looking for you.”

      “I asked them to keep you stay inside.” Junsu stares at the angry Changmin. “I just need to return Jiro’s ring. That’s all.”

      “I woke up at eight, you heartless husband. I found no you in the apartment and when I opened the door, five men stood glaring at me telling me not to step forward from the door. What the f****hell was that? You must have left me long before I woke up because the bed is cold. No trace of your warmth at all!”

      “Min..”

      “Can’t you wait for me to return the ring? Can’t you just being considerate of my sanity, Junsu? We’re married yesterday, made love last night and poof.. You’re gone in the morning. Why didn’t you just slay my head instead of crushing my life out of me??”

      “I love you.”

      “You don’t. If you mean it, you won’t leave me.”

      “I love you, Kim Changmin. Shim Junsu loves you, hero.”

      “Don’t use that lies on me! You don’t love me at all. You love playing with my.. Junsu. Junsuuuuu!”

      “I had taken Changmin’s most precious belonging when I left Greyfair. I lured him into believing that he loved me. I marred him by taking advantage of him using the excuse that he loved me. He suffered a lot because of me, Jiro. He’s suffered the most because of what I did.”

      “What did you do?”

      “I took away his innocence.”

Jiro looked at Junsu blankly.

      “That’s.. impossible. You don’t even react well to my kiss. You couldn’t…

      “I could. I told you I took advantage of his teens love. I robbed his innocence and left him the next day. People said he tried to kill himself because of the desperation. He was as pure as water and I poured black ink on him.”

      “You lie!”

      “You want to hear the reason. That’s the truth.”

      “You married him because of that?”

      “Because I love him. Because he was the only person embracing me with trust when none bothered to look. He gave me company I never deserve after what I did to my twin.”

      “You didn’t kill your twin, Junsu.”

      “You could say that after you dug around here and there but he just decided he stayed with me whether I’m guilty or not.”

 

Changmin wraps their only clean muffler and coat onto Junsu. They are told to leave the apartment due to the noise Changmin lashed out in the morning. He broke the chairs and cracked the door in his effort taking down five professional guards blocking him. The manager returned half of Changmin’s rent payment. Only half, the other half is used to cover for the broken chairs and the mess left behind. Junsu apologized to the manager who gave them a look and shrugged. Now, they are walking under the cold rain, no umbrella, no shelter and Changmin keeps Junsu so close to warm his husband. He doesn’t want the thick barely stopped nosebleed comes back and endangers Junsu.

      “Clinic.” He suggests. “I saw one around the block yesterday when I bought toasted bread.”

Junsu shakes his head, declining. He squeezes Changmin’s arm to say that he’s fine. Why must go to clinic? The rain is angry and merciless. His unexpected nosebleed has stopped and all he wants for now is a place to tend Changmin’s bluish skin.

      “You crashed Yunho’s phone.” He looks at the taller man in clear tadpole eyes. Eyes that now belong to Changmin to swim and indulge for home and sanctuary. Changmin places a kiss on Junsu’s hair, his heart is pounced with relief and flooding protectiveness over this thin man who looks at him with soothing understanding and concerns.

      “He’s lucky it’s just his phone. He led that Wang heir to reach you with it.”

      “Min.” Junsu feels Changmin’s wet arm from the beating rain. The bus shelter they are taking shade from the rain isn’t wide enough to cover them from the mild storm of harsh windy rain. “He had to do that. Detective Park had done a lot to keep us clear from-

      “That Wang guy could lock me up for life I don’t give a ty dime ab..Ouch!”

      “Talk better.” Junsu sharpens his look. “You are not in high school anymore.”

      “Exactly.” Changmin pouts. His waist is burned by the pinch. “I’m twenty five now, Shim Junsu. Don’t reprimand me for saying whatever I.. Ouch. Junsuuuu!”

Junsu holds his smile. Changmin rubs his waist where the pinches reside. They have nowhere to go yet he’s smiling in happiness.

      “I’m taller. Doesn’t it count something? I’m going to charge triple interest for this abuse.”

      “You are free to charge as much as you want, hero.”

Changmin still pouts. Junsu always wins. It’s not fair but he can’t help that.

      “Min..

      “What? No. No. No.” Changmin senses it. “I said no regretting a thing. Don’t start. You can kick me or abuse me till I’m green but NO. Forget it.”

      “What if they execute your house too? Where will your father stay?” Junsu bites his lower lip. “What if you are banned from any work here?”

      “My father has many drinking buddies. I’m sure one of them wouldn’t mind giving him sleeping space for a while.” Changmin looks deep into Junsu’s eyes. “Andromeda can fire me anyday. I’m just freelancer there. Projects? I had delegated them to some trusted people who’d handle them well and the clients also had approved. I had it managed. I told you Hyukjae had had explained all possibilities when I told him that I would take risk taking you back to me.”

      “You wouldn’t be able to work anywhere else in GreyFair.”

      “I don’t mind.” Changmin assures. “There’s always opened door when all else closed. No. Not You.” Changmin quickly warns. “You are not to work till you gain some weight back.”

      “I heard about the Chos.”

      “Whatever.” Changmin looks deeper. “I don’t even realize he exists.” Changmin blinks as Junsu widens his eyes at him. “Um.. Okay, he exists. I used him to get to Alastair finding you.”

      “Your paintings?”

      “err.. it’s actually yours, Junsu. I painted them for you.” Changmin grins innocently. The rain is still hard and it wets their both arms and feet. “That Wang guy insisted on buying them. He had contacted Alejandro like every week to bug me- Junsu?”

Junsu has hugged Changmin tight.

      “It’s difficult to live with me, Min.”

 

      “Don’t I love you better than him?”

      “You are wrong, Jiro. I love Changmin most of all. Doesn’t matter he loves me as much or less. I love him most.”

      “More than your mother too?”

Junsu was silent for a minute. He couldn’t answer.

      “You had told me clearly when I proposed you the third and fourth time that all your concern was just Rainie. You told me you didn’t have space for other things but your mother’s health. Why did you think I booked a suite in WangZhang Hospital for her? because I want to lessen your burden of taking care of her!”

      “I did.” Junsu confessed. “mom was my only priority in life.”

      “was? Not anymore? you gave up on her for Changmin? and you call yourself a son?”

Junsu shook his head in stinging sadness.

      “I will never give up on her.”

      “But you married Changmin.”

      “I’ll take care of her, Jiro. With what I have left.”

      “Fine! You are going to deal with all the expense of her treatment from now on. I’ll set your name as the sole source in charge of her health progress.” Jiro fished for his phone. “I’ll call the hospital right now and send the doctors back to America.”

Junsu trembled. He shut his eyes welcoming the most dreadful truth he knew he would come face to face when he hurt Jiro Wang.

An hour later, Mark and Rainie Lawrence were on the screen of Jiro Wang’s personal laptop.

      “Is it true what I heard about you marrying someone named Changmin yesterday, Su?”

Junsu nodded. His face was pale and he held the arm chair into death grip.

      “Why?” Mark broke the silence. “I thought you loved Jiro.”

      “He didn’t. He never loves me at all.” Jiro high accusing tone accentuated her angry standing posture. “We all know why he accepted my proposal.”

      “Jiro..” Junsu begged.

      “It’s for you, Mrs Lawrence.”

Song Yoo Ra looked away from the camera.

      “Why did you do that, Junsu?”

 

      “Your things are with me.” Jonghyun screams through the thunderous lightning. “Your father said he’d go to some garden and stay there till we can hear from you!!”

      “All my things?” Changmin shouts back to the pay phone.

      “Not all. Just stuff we managed to find on the yard.”

      “We?”

      “They come early morning when people were sleeping. They broke into your house and threw all properties they could find and told your father to leave the house. There’s a letter somewhere. The men said your installment paying was overdue and invalid for some reasons. I haven’t had time to read. All your things are wet, dude.”

      “Thank you, Jonghyun.”

      “How’s Junsu?”

      “He’s with me.”

      “You’d better leave Greyfair to cool things down, paw. Cho Kyuhyun ripped your black and blue paintings. He’s mad. I’d take Junsu out of GreyFair if I were you.”

Changmin ends the call.

 

      “We haven’t eaten anything today.” Changmin sighs. His money is mostly used to call Jonghyun, Hyukjae and buying bus ticket to EdgeBank after the rain reduced a bit. Junsu and him are wet and shivering from the cold air and they are once again sitting on the back row of a bus. Not express this time. He can’t afford to buy express bus’ tickets.

      “Are you hungry?”

      “Not me. You must eat something, Junsu.”

      “We still have water.” Junsu smiles comforting his worried husband.

      “Food!” Changmin glares. “I forgot to grab some bread.”

      “We can buy it when we arrive in your hometown later.” Junsu rubs Changmin’s wet jacket’s arm. “You should buy some aid patches for your bruises, hero.” He caresses Changmin’s lips corner and jaw.

      “Just minor cuts. Nevermind.” Changmin catches Junsu’s hand caressing his face. “I’ll make sure I will wake up first before you from today onward.” He pouts.

      “I’m sorry.”

      “Hmpf! You must be!”

The rain wears off as the bus progresses leaving GreyFair. Junsu watches pools of water made by the rain alongside the road passed by their bus. He breathes deeply remembering pieces of conversation this morning with Mark and his mother.

      “Rain is more interesting than me?”

Junsu turns to see Changmin’s sulking eyes.

      “I don’t know you are such wimpy weepy hero.” He teases.

      “Me not. You make me.”

      “Me again?”

      “hhhhmmffff.. I’m sleepy.” Changmin lays his head on Junsu’s shoulder on purpose.

      “Here.” Junsu shifts to accommodate his husband’s faking sleepy head. “sleep. I’ll wake you up when are already in your hometown.”

      “Nnggg..”

Junsu runs his fingers on Changmin’s hair, carding and comforting the not sleepy man who grins mischievously.

      “You are forever nineteen for me, Changmin.” Junsu kisses the hair. “Brave, honest and furious.”

Changmin doesn’t object to that.

      “I missed six birthdays of someone I love most.”

      “hhmmmm…” Changmin smiles wider.

      “I’m sorry I put you in such misery for six long years.” Junsu kisses Changmin’s forehead. “And still put you into another long suffering I don’t know for how long.”

Changmin murmurs something but makes no move. Too comfortable.

      “Sleep, hero.”

      “Don’t disappear when I open my eyes.”

 

      “mom..”

      “You still have guts to call my wife mom after all what you did to her!”

Junsu blinked back bitter stabbing cuts on his chest.

      “Mark.. I didn’t mean to..

      “Yeah. You didn’t mean to use your fu**in innocent face to fool everyone here, did you? you came to us begging to be accepted and when we did, all you did is tossing dirt to our face!”

Jiro stiffed behind Junsu. he never expected to hear such harsh words from Mark. Had he been still engaged to Junsu, he would make Junsu leave the Lawrence residence now he heard it himself how disrespectful the Lawrence toward Junsu was. Making him sleeping on the couch or bench wasn’t enough?

      “I’m sorry.” Junsu’s forced voice squeaked. “It’s my fault but I didn’t regret it. I’m such an grateful child, I know, mom, but.. I can’t lose Changmin anymore.”

      “What do you care about us anyway?” Mark’s emotional high tone was heard again. “You just acted nice and kind while all you wanted was a house, did you? Now you found better roof, you diss us. Typical. I shouldn’t have fallen into your act.”

      “Mark.” Rainie’s soft voice called her husband. “Junho.. I mean, Junsu is my son too.”

      “He killed your other son and now he dumped us for a lover. Is that what you call a son?”

      “He made you live under the roof you are living right now, Mr. Lawrence.” Jiro stepped forward squeezing Junsu’s trembling shoulder. “Mind you. Junsu never asked anything from me as the engagement’s gifts. I forced him to accept your house now because I hate knowing him sleeping on the couch in your cramped hut.”

      “Mom.. I’m sorry.”

      “Do you know Junsu has intern wounds that causing constant nosebleed when he’s too tired, Rainie? Mark? I bet you don’t. He hides it from us because of you, Rainie. I knew it yesterday from the record of his old hospital files in Greyfair thanks to someone.”

      “Intern what? He’s fine so far.”

      “He’s fine because he made it to look so. The day I met him on bus, he was so pale and out of place I thought you..

      “Jiro! You promised you won’t interrupt!”

Rainie Lawrence blinked and looked at the Junsu’s troubled face on the camera. Junho really did it to Junsu?

 

 

      “Eat them up!” Changmin glares. “You always kicked me when I ate late. It’s very late now. No excuse of not eating up.”

      “This is my second bowl already!” Junsu complains.

      “That’s for breakfast and lunch. Now for dinner.” Changmin pours another hearty warm soup onto Junsu’s bowl.

      “It’s not even dinner time yet!”

      “Don’t be fussy, Junsu! Just eat!!” Changmin glares harder. He clinks his spoon to emphasize the imperative request.

      ”I’m full.”

      “You are cold and you had bad nosebleed this morning. This is the replacement of those red cells you wasted on the.. Ouch! Junsuuu”

Junsu scoops his soup with sour face. Changmin has learned well to use the blood trick against him. He must be really careful next time. He doesn’t mind Changmin pampering him but using his body weakness is not acceptable.

      “Our room is on the right end of the inn.” Changmin leads the way. “The lady says we are fine to use that room. Free for employee.”

      “Washing the dishes?” Junsu protests. Changmin is great art designer and now stooping himself that low for him?

      “Just temporary till we can find better place.” Changmin winks. “I’d done all side jobs to save money to enter Andromeda. A little nostalgia would be fun.”

      “You aren’t going to lock me inside all day, are you?” Junsu frowns.

      “If you be good, I won’t do that but NO. No work at all for you, dear beloved darling ex-guardian.”

The room is small. Smaller than Junsu’s old bedroom in the flat back then. No bed, no shelf, no cupboard, nothing. Simply a square empty room.

      “The blanket is still clean.” Changmin spreads the mentioned thing on the floor after Junsu sweeps the floor. “Our coats are half wet but I guess it’s okay to serve as blanket. You use the bag for pillow. I’ll wash our dirty clothes.”

Junsu stares at Changmin’s back as the man carries their laundry outside the small room. Changmin has really grown up. He fixes the blanket to mat both of them as mattress. Changmin can’t sleep on the floor. He won’t allow that. He rummages inside Changmin’s worn out bag (he bought it for Changmin years ago) to find something else useful for their sleeping mattress. He finds Changmin’s blue old sketchbook (from him too) and randomly opens some of the front pages. He knows several of the sketched drawings since he took three pics from the book when he left Changmin six years ago. He flips through and sees so many drawing of himself in it. Their old flat; the bedrooms, the living room, couch, kitchen, Junsu tying up shoelaces, Junsu frowning in front of the portable mini wooden folded table, Junsu smiling, JUnsu eating, Junsu with rounded eyes, Junsu sleeping, Junsu laughing, Junsu crossing his arms, Junsu in his working uniform, Junsu this, Junsu that, Junsu is filled with flooded pounding painful and warmth inside him at the same time.

      “Look.” Changmin reappears half an hour later at the door. “The old auntie gave me these two blankets!” He beams and leaps inside the room. “What’s wrong?” Changmin frowns when he sees Junsu’s expression holding his opened blue sketch book.

      “Nothing.” Junsu tries to smile and fails. “Just.. a little bit too thankful of you.”

 

Changmin works in the old traditional inn as helper. He does any chores told by the owner as the coverage for their small room and daily meal. His tall handsome figure soon attracts admirers and attention but soon people learn that the handsome helper only laughs heartily around one fine man. Junsu has tried to help around but Changmin quickly snatches any task from him, pushing Junsu away or dragging his man back to their room. Junsu’s raining protests do not soften Changmin’s determination not to let Junsu do any work till the thin man gains some good weight. It’s like the old days when they were in the flat. They barely have a thing but they feel blessed and in bliss to have each other. Junsu would lull Changmin to sleep after long tiring day working, soothing any tight muscles and making sure Changmin gets the needed space (his legs are too long for the small room) to rest. Changmin commands himself to always wake up earlier than Junsu, not wanting to experience the hell floor of not seeing Junsu when he wakes up anymore. Twice is more than enough. None of both initiates to call anyone they know in GreyFair. Changmin doesn’t know where his father stays (he has many drinking buddies) and Junsu doesn’t want to impose on Hyukjae’s family kindness anymore.

Days pass, weeks change and in a blink of eyes three months knock on their door.

Changmin is sent to help the kitchen staff shopping in the market. Junsu is giving company to the owner’s two children  playing around  studying with their homework. He is in the midst of explaining on photosynthesis process to the older child when two feet in a pair of shiny well polished leather shoes come to his view. He slowly lifts his gaze and meets the cold smile of one young handsome man in suit.

      “You must be Junsu.” the man makes a snort-like sound.

      “I am.” Junsu stands up after sending the two children back to the main inn. “What can I do for you, sir?” he smiles warmly at the fair complexion man.

      “You can free Max from this useless bull. You did really well ruining his future and career.”

      “I’m afraid I don’t understand you, sir.” Junsu is so familiar with the guilt. He’s been thinking the exact said sentence spoken by the man standing in front of him, hands shoved into his pocket and eyes measuring how cheap Junsu is.

      “Max has a very bright promising future. Had. You came and all the doors on his feet closed.” The man scowls. “Is that what you call love? Burying someone’s opportunities to conquer the world and slaving one’s self in a dirty place like this?”

Junsu has nothing to say.

      “I heard from people that you are a nice person. A nice one wouldn’t leave his bitter fiancé and marry someone else over night, stomping the married one’s life into dried burned straws.”

Junsu seconds everything the man says. He did that. He is not a nice person. Never is from the start. He killed Junho and now he traps Changmin in a pathetic situation. Bad doesn’t even fit his nature description.

      “I don’t know why that Wang guy was so forgiving.” The man spits more. “He looks like one capable man but he gave up to you. He has the right to annul the marriage but he let it go. Tsk. Such a weak hearted man.”

      “Jiro is not a weak person.” Junsu has to clarify.

      “He is. He stepped back and let go what should be his. Or maybe he’s clever. He knew better than to keep something unworthy by his side.”

      “One more word and you can forget you have a good look, Cho.”

Junsu doesn’t know or realize when Changmin has stood next to him and the man in suit. He’s taking in all the ringing truth said by the handsome man.

      “You have thirty seconds to disappear from our good life.” Changmin’s colder sharper tone shot at the man. “Why on sweet earth a rich tycoon like Cho Kyuhyun dirties his feet to this place is not my five cent but you just spoke ill to my husband. You might not know it but I’ve been itchy to punch your face since day one we met.”

      “Min..” Junsu nudges his husband’s elbow. “Don’t..”

      “I’m stating facts.”

      “Your pathetic facts, not ours.” Changmin nearly snarls. He is holding back his anger because of Junsu. “I draw because of and for Junsu. Now he’s married to me, I won’t bother to waste my hand drawing trash for big headed people like you. Leave!”

      “Min!”

      “Let’s see how long your brain will be clouded with love illusion.” Cho Kyuhyun smirks. “Love couldn’t buy living cost.”

      “Just like living cost couldn’t buy love.” Changmin suppresses his urge to rip the tycoon’s mouth with his maximum self restrain. “Junsu has shown that to your face. He could have been married to one of the richest person in Asia yet he chose me. You don’t know how priceless it is, do you? Of course you don’t. Now leave before my fists carve unwanted on your sorry candy face!”

 

      “I love Changmin, mom. Love him like grandpa loved granny. He waited for me all these years. I couldn’t make him more disappointed anymore. I’m sorry for not telling you this but I’m not sorry either. I know I’m not a good person. I’m not a good son. I took away Junho from you. I make you suffer the worst whole of your life. I’m such a failure. I failed you as a son. I’m nothing more than a pain in your life. I’m sorry, mom. I’m sorry. I tried to be a better son for you but I failed again.”

      “What do you want?” Mark’s upset tone was thick with disgust and abhorrence.

      “I have vowed to live with him. I will stay with him wherever he chooses to reside.”

      “You will not go back to Taiwan?” Jiro wang was surprised.

Junsu shook his head.

      “I found a home. It’s him.”

Rainie Lawrence kept a still flat look.

      “Told you he just needed house to mess up!”

      “Up to you, Junsu.” Rainie suddenly opened . “You came here on your own, you could leave anytime. I won’t hold you from any decision.”

      “Mom..

      “You said you found a home. Be there and be his home too.”

      “Rainie!”

      “Are you sure you will not go back to Taiwan?” Jiro squeezed Junsu’s shoulder.

      “No.”

      “How about your house? I bought it on your name. The car and your books too. You will just abandon them?”

Mark and Rainie stopped their argument. They listened to Junsu now.

      “You gave them as gifts for our engagement, Jiro. I lbroke and left our promise, I have no right over you and anything related to you as I have no longer right on your heart and love.”

      “Means you are returning all of them to me?”

      “It’s not even mine to begin with.” Junsu smiled. “What’s really mine and I was too stupid to treat it right is Changmin’s heart. That’s all I need.”

 

one last chap to go. phew. such a long jouney.