I wanna be your shining light.

Love Revolution.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24: I wanna be your shining light.

 

Flashback…

 

 The 7 years-old Yonghwa was playfully playing with his toys at the corner when suddenly his mother walked in with two strangers. His mother was busy talking with the stranger ahjumma who was holding her daughter’s hand. All Yonghwa could see was only her white gown from his position. Yonghwa couldn’t care less when the elders took a seat at the living room and continue playing with his toys at that little corner.

 

“Come, let me show you around the house,” Mrs Jung was already on her feet.

 

“Perhaps can my daughter stay here? She is not feeling well after the long journey in the buy just now,” the ahjumma said.

 

“Ahh sure, yes sure. Do you want some drinks then?” asked the kind-hearted Mrs Jung.

 

“Ahh thank you but its okay,” the ahjumma thanked with a warm smile. “Shin-ah, you take a rest here okay, eomma will be back shortly,” she looked at her daughter. Then the two women made their way around the house, leaving only Yonghwa and Shinhye at the living hall.

 

Yonghwa decided to take a peek at Shinhye who was sitting uncomfortably on the sofa. And that’s when he suddenly felt as if his heart had stopped beating when he saw the pretty girl in the white gown. Shinhye was resting her head against the sofa, eyes staring at her nails. Suddenly, her stomach was growling, making her felt at ease.

 

“Eomma…” she called, but her eomma was already at the second floor with Mrs Jung. “Eomma…” her voice cracked.

 

Yonghwa approached her, panic when the stranger little girl started to break into tears. “Are… are you okay…?” he asked.

 

“I want eomma…” little Shinhye cried.

 

Yonghwa didn’t know what to do. He was honestly afraid to go and search for his mother. He was afraid if the two women misunderstood that he made that little girl cried. “Sssshhhh…” he put his finger on Shinhye’s lips.

 

Shinhye blinked her eyes thrice before she wiped away her tears.  “May I go to the rest room?” she asked, still having the teary eyes.

 

“Ahh, do you want to go to the rest room? Okay, follow me,” Yonghwa smiled when Shinhye finally stopped crying.

 

He led the way to the rest room. When Shinhye entered the rest room, little Yonghwa quickly went to the kitchen. After a few minutes later, he was on his way back to greet Shinhye form the rest room with a glass of milk in his hand, but then he stopped his steps when he saw Shinhye was bowing to his twin brother, Shinwoo.

 

“Kamsahamnida for showing me the rest room,” Shinhye misunderstood Shinwoo as Yonghwa because of the same face and same clothes they were wearing.

 

Shinwoo was startled with the sudden presence of the little girl. “Who are you?” asked the little boy. “Ahh, you must be that ahjumma’s daughter who is with eomma right now.”

 

Little Shinhye nod her head innocently.

 

“I was just on my way to see you. Eomma asked me to take you a glass of milk; she told me you are sick. Come; let’s go to the kitchen with me.”

 

Yonghwa quickly hide in the nearest room when Shinwoo dragged Shinhye by her hand, making their way to the kitchen. And that was the first time in his life, he was feeling jealous.

 

                                                                                                                                                

The wind was cold near the dawn. Stars were fading away and moon was preparing itself to hide when the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter