I don't want you fly away.

Love Revolution.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 : I don’t want you fly away.

 

After bidding their farewell to their parents, the newly-wed couple started their journey back to Seoul after spending their weekends in Busan. The evening was orange, like the colour of the falling leaves during the fall.

 

“Yonghwa ssi, I forget to take my medicine. Can you please stop at a convenience store so I can buy a drink?” Shinhye asked, digging out her medicine inside her handbag.

 

“Wae? Are you sick?” asked Yonghwa, stealing a glance at his wife who sat next to him.

 

“Aniyo... I told you before right I have this motion sickness. So before I got dizzy for this long journey, I have to eat this medicine to make me fall asleep,” she answered.

 

“Ahh, is that why you slept along our journey before this?” Yonghwa asked, referring to the previous night where Shinhye slept the whole journey from Seoul to Busan instead of keeping him accompanied.

 

Shinhye nodded her head slightly. “Mianhaeyo. My motion sickness is pretty bad.”

 

“We’ll get you some drink at my apartment. I’m dropping my guitar back there,” Yonghwa said.

 

“Guitar?” Shinhye turned her head to the rear seat. Of course, the guitar she had brought over from Busan with the help of her mother-in-law for his birthday but he wasn’t pleasant with it existence in Seoul.  “Yonghwa ssi, was it because you gave up your dream, you are avoiding your precious guitar?” she shifted her gaze to her husband.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Why do you want to send this back?”

 

“Well, you are the one who said about sending it back,” Yonghwa said with gaze fixed on the road.

 

Shinhye pouted. “It was because you freaked out like a monster when you saw the guitar,” she then looked at the orange sky outside the window. “You sure have some split personality syndrome. The other night when you were drunk, you were so happy to have the guitar in your hand. That smile on your face during you played and sang with your guitar as if you were really enjoying it. But when you came to your sense, you freaked out like a fierce monster when you saw the guitar as if the guitar was your biggest enemy,” she said, boldly.

 

“Mworago?” Yonghwa squinted.

 

“I even heard the boys said about waiting for this moment to see you play and sing with the guitar. Wae? If you loved music so much, why did you give up on it totally? You can still play them even if you are the Prime Minister of Korea,” she taunted. “You sang the song beautifully that night. Why must you deny your own dreams?”

 

“Yah, you talked too much,” Yonghwa snorted.

 

“You even dedicated the song to Shinwoo’s oppa, singing the song full with emotion with your husky voice,” she added.

 

“So you are saying my voice is good?” Yonghwa said wryly. “Better than your stupid Lee Shin?”

 

Shinhye rolled her eyes at her husband.”Yah! Lee Shin is way much better than you because he shared his beautiful voice with other people, not like you, keeping the talents to yourself,” she pouted.

 

Yonghwa chuckled. “Let’s stop the conversation here since you don’t know a lot of things yet,” he said seriously.

 

“Then tell me the things that I don’t know,” she argued.

 

“What makes you think I’ll tell you when you are not supposed to know about the things?”

 

“Because I’m your wife?” she answered briefly giving Yonghwa a big laugh.

 

“Yah, you are talking like a married person,” Yonghwa grinned at the end of his laughter.

 

Shinhye pouted. “Well, by right, we are married,” she sighed.

 

“It had been 2 weeks after our marriage and yet we didn’t have a chance to have a talk about our marriage since we were busy with moving out and works,” Yonghwa’s voice tone turned serious. “So tell me Park Shinhye ssi, why did you marry me? And what do you expect from this marriage? Do your friends know about your marriage? And do we need to do an agreement for our marriage like the drama Full House?” he asked seriously.

 

“Yah, since when did you become a reporter?” Shinhye was confused with the so many questions from her husband. “What was your question again, Jung Yonghwa ssi?”

 

“Ara ara, first, why did you marry me?”

 

“Isn’t that obvious? Arranged marriage by our parents?” Shinhye answered. “Well, it is because of eomma at the first place. It was her wish and she kept talking about leaving and all, it scared me if I didn’t grant her wish, she would really leave me. I couldn’t afford to lose another precious person in my life. I didn’t expect anything from this marriage as well, as long as eomma is happy, that’s enough for me. Just like how she smiled even though she misunderstood about us the other day, that precious smile of her, I would do anything to keep that smile on her face. Her smile is my happiness, her smile has kept me warm since I was little,” she said as her eyes stared blankly at the orange sky that slowly turning dark. “I didn’t really have a friend except for Suzy, the one who became my bridesmaid the other day. Other than her, they are just classmates that I meet every day. I know it sounds like I’m a lonely person, but that’s just me. Even when I was in high school, I only had Suzy and Shinwoo oppa around. Pretty much, I’m a type of person that will only get attached to the person I love and care about.”

 

Sudden guilt occurred in Yonghwa’s heart for asking his wife such questions. He knew back then, Shinwoo was everything to Shinhye. And from the conversation of his mother-in-law and his wife the other day that had made he saw the weak side of Shinhye, he shouldn’t bring up about this at the first place. He sighed, cursing himself inside. “Yah, don’t think too much about your mother,” he said, calmly trying to comfort her. “You are a good daughter; you will keep that smile on her face.”

 

“Ne,” she answered shortly. The teasing provoking atmosphere had changed to an awkward silence atmosphere between those two. Shinhye cleared and the radio to break the silence. The Stupid’s latest single was on air and made Shinhye jumped on her seat. “Omo! The Stupid new single! Ahh, Lee Shin!” she said excitedly, turning up the volume, singing to the song.

 

The gloomy atmosphere turned into a rock concert atmosphere in a second with Shinhye moving her body to the groove, excitedly fangirling to her idol. “Yah, micheosseo?” Yonghwa turned down the volume.

 

“I love this part! The guitar solo is awesome,” she then turned up the volume again.

 

“Haish jinja,” Yonghwa grumbled as he bit his lower lips.

 

“Yonghwa ssi, don’t give up your dream. Let’s bring back all your precious guitars to Seoul. I maybe don’t know the real reason why did you give up on it, but I know you have such good talents to be wasted. Don’t give up on it, I’ll be your backbone, supporting you on your journey,” Shinhye looked at her husband with a bright smile.

 

 

Yonghwa was supposed to walk to his room but instead his lower limbs brought him to the small room at the corner. He the light and looked at his precious things in his heart all this time; his guitars. He still couldn’t believe Shinhye made him bring back all of his guitars to Seoul. He didn’t know how but after listening to Shinhye’s encouragement words yester

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter