LUCKY- BAEKHYUN PART 5 2/2

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

LUCKY- BAEKHYUN PART 5 2/2         

 

The following weeks were different for the two, it was quiet...

 

“Are either of them trying to win the bet?” Kris asked noticing that neither parties were at the dating game anymore.

 

“Yeah, it’s been 1 week since the two of them went out on a date!” Bom added as she sat beside Kris who offered her a drink.

 

“Hey guys! Sorry we’re late!” Chanyeol greeted as Dara and he walked together inside the coffee shop.

 


“So what is the verdict now?” Lydia asked as she ordered coffee for the newcomers.

 

 

“Hey there Lydia! It seems like my cafe has been your meeting place eh?” Lay, the owner of the cafe stated showing his dimpled cheek

 

 

“Hey Lay! Yeah!” Lydia smiled

 

“And is it right to say that there is another addition to your growing couple?” Lay leaned towards Lydia over the counter, Lydia gave him a questioning look.

 

“What do you mean?” Lydia asked

 

“Baekhyun and CL were here a few days ago... are they together now?” Lay asked.

 

AT those words Lydia’s eyes widened as she hurriedly went back to the group to relay the news.

 

“Guys... guys... yah... yah... listen up... I have news... I have news!” Lydia stated excitedly as the group then looked at her in anticipation.

 

“Baekhyun and CL went here at the coffee shop a few days ago!” Lydia stated trying to contain her giddiness.

 

The whole group then rose to their feet in excitement at the news.

 


“Really?!” Minji asked in excitement.

 

“Yeah... Lay told me” Lydia nodded in agreement.

 

After a moment, Lay went to their table bringing the orders.

 

“Here you go guys... are Baekhyun and CL together now?” Lay asked unconscious of the bearing of that news to the group’s determination to get both CL and Baekhyun together.

 

“They will be... they will be... count on it!” Chen exclaimed.

 

O=======o======o

FLASHBACK... to a few days ago... when Baekhyun and CL supposedly went to the coffee shop.

 

CL was not feeling well... she has got a lot on her mind lately... the deadline to submit the proposition letter for a business deal was nearing, one of the dates she went to was still pestering her for another date (*Seungri) and to top it all off she can’t shake the thought of Baekhyun that weekend... all that they did were what couples normally do... going to mass together, strolling at the park, playing... watching a concert... and singing... a serenade... she doesn’t want any more complications but still the thought lingers in her mind and it hasn’t left her since.

 

“Hey there Cutie!” Jiyong greeted as he sat beside CL in their conference room waiting for their briefing.

 

“Hi Ji.” CL greeted flatly

 

“What’s with that tone?!” Jiyong arched his brow as he looked conspicuously at CL.

 

CL told Jiyong what happened over the weekend and Jiyong did nothing but smile and give her a knowing look.

 

“Girl... it’s plain and simple... you like the guy... and I guess... he is your Mr. Right!” Jiyong stated doing some little clapping by himself

 

“What?! Andwae! Cannot be! I don’t have feelings for the guy!” CL denied the obvious

 

“You can deny all you want girl... but this thing right here is very stubborn... next thing you know you are already confessing to the guy!” Jiyong stated in his diva manner as he stood up and walked out of the room to get some files from his cubicle.

 

“Ms. Lee... Ms. Lee... are you feeling alright?” Mr. Jung asked noticing that CL was not herself that day.

 

“Huh? Oh... I’m fine sir... no worries!” CL smiled as she, too, walked out of the room and decided to get a breather.

 

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was at Lay’s coffee shop enjoying the scenery in front of him... it was the park where CL and he went last Sunday, where they played, biked and skated... where he sang and didn’t took his eyes away from CL. He kept on shaking his head... he was supposed to be at the office instead he asked Bom if she could fill in for him and finish the other reports left as he decided to take a break and get some air.

 

“Bom... are you going out with Kris tonight?” Baekhyun asked back at the office

 

“We don’t have plans for tonight, why?” Bom asked eyeing him curiously

 

“Can you handle the rest of the meetings for the day... I’m not feeling up to it!” Baekhyun asked

 

“Sure I’d be glad to fill in... Baek... do you want to talk about it?” Bom asked, dying to know the status of the bet since it has been already 4 days since you went out... did you give up already and CL has won? What’s happening?” Bom asked

 

“If you are going to ask about the bet... I don’t know if I still am holding ground. Heck! I don’t even know who is winning?! I bet she is out tonight dating some lucky guy!” Baekhyun uttered in a low voice trying to hide a bit of jealousy he felt.

 

“Baek... stop torturing yourself... she is at the office... and she hasn’t gone out on a date as well... that is why I am asking you what is happening?” Bom asked.

 

The moment Bom said that CL wasn’t out on a date with anyone... he didn’t know what came over him... he just felt like he needed to jump for joy or release all the tension he was feeling so he decided to get out of his office and walk. And his walk brought him to the coffee shop.

 

CL on the other hand decided to leave the office early in the afternoon because she needed to clear her thoughts and she also ended up in the coffee shop where Baekhyun was.

 

After CL ordered her doze of caffeine, she scanned the place and saw Baekhyun sitting in one corner, she was deciding whether or not to join him, but before she could even decide she saw Baekhyun looking at her with a shocked expression, so she smiled and waved and headed for his way.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Hey! Mind if I join you?” CL asked avoiding eye contact as Baekhyun nodded and she placed her cup of coffee on the table.

 

They were silent for a couple of minutes just sipping and staring outside and then sighing and then stealing glances at each other, as if they were waiting for the other to say something.

 

“Should I tell him now?”

 

“Can someone help me with her?”

 

These thoughts were running through their mind at that very moment. Then both of them released a sigh of relief, took a deep breath and...

 

 

“I GIVE UP... YOU WIN!” the two of them chorused as their eyes widened in surprise, they looked at each other, they couldn’t believe at what they just heard from each other.

 

 

“What’s that all about?!” CL finally shrugged off her initial shock and spoke.

 

“You go first...” Baekhyun allowed CL to explain her reason for giving up.

 

“The bet... I give up... I can’t find anyone whom I can proudly say is Mr. Right... you were right in saying that there are a lot of Mr. Right Now but MR. RIGHT per se... nada, no such person as that!”

 

“Who is Mr. Right exactly?” Baekhyun asked

 

“Charming... cute, funny, a gentleman, romantic, knows the real me... knows how to make me laugh, he can be silly at times but still that woudn’t make him a lesser man” CL described briefly, silently describing how Baekhyun had been to her. She was denying it but couldn’t ignore it, cause he was already sitting in front of her.

 

“All I can say is you are searching for someone that doesn’t exist... except for the part of making you laugh... I just do these weird whiny sounds and you laugh at it already!” Baekhyun stated and demonstrated and made some noises, at first CL tried to fight off the urge to laugh but after a few more attacks from Baekhyun she bursted out laughing.

 

“See?! You don’t just smile at me you even laugh at me” Baekhyun exclaimed as he looked at CL’s laughing face.

 

“That’s just it, maybe I set so very high standards and I am just afraid that someone might meet those qualifications and I wouldn’t know what to do to hold on to him... cause the last guy I thought who had those qualities left me for another girl...” CL slumped her shoulders in defeat.

 

“How about you?” CL asked turning the tables at Baekhyun

 

“No luck too!” Baekhyun shook his head after sipping his coffee.

 

“What kind of a woman are you looking for anyway?” CL asked

 


“Hmmm, let’s see... a woman whom I can be comfortable with, who can take care of me... but not too much, heaven forbid that date with that motherly figure, a woman I can talk to about anything under the sun... outgoing, loves a challenge, has a sense of humor, can tolerate my childishness and silliness, a woman who I can trust my secrets to,  a woman I can talk to every day and night without getting tired of listening and chatting or even quarrelling with her... and of course, I would consider it a bonus if she is good looking and has a beautiful figure... kekekekeke” Baekhyun winked at CL at the last statement making her roll her eyes upward.

 

“Now who’s the one asking for a complete package then?” CL uttered.

 

Then both their cellphones beeped and both of them stood up. Both of them were needed at their offices. Baekhyun was needed by Bom since there was some sort of a problem with the delivery of some sort and CL was needed back at the office to finalize the proposal and make a contract for signing.

 

O=======o=====o

BACK TO THE PRESENT...

 

So the group were all huddled up in the coffee shop trying to device a plan where they two could just confess already.

 

They decided to do it on a weekend... a place where no distractions could be done... the SECRET GARDEN PARK owned by Chanyeol’s mom was reserved for that sole event... to bring two of their friends together.

 

Once again they texted the two and asked them to go to the park, it was under the guise of a celebration for CL who successfully closed a deal.

 

CL arrived first as she arrived together with Dara who was trying very hard to find an excuse to leave her for a moment.

 

Then Bom and Kris arrived who immediately declared that they wanted to take a stroll around the park.

 

Minji and Kai together with Lydia arrived as they headed straight for the man made waterfalls to enjoy the view.

 

Chanyeol and Chen headed for the kitchen to check on the food to be served.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand arrived all by himself as he went towards the table and tinkered with whatever it was on the table...

 

Dara was able to escape from CL as she left the moment Baekhyun arrived.

 

Baekhyun walked towards CL and gave her a peck on the cheek and said his greetings and congratulations to her. CL was shocked... stunned... Baekhyun has always kissed her cheek but why is it only now that she felt that way... her heart was racing and her palms were sweaty.

 

After a while, for the first time in their whole friendship... it was awkward between the two... then after awhile they noticed that their friends were taking a long while to come back, they saw Minji and Kai joining Kris and Bom who were taking a stroll along the pathway around the park, while Chanyeol, Chen and Dara were busy with the food and tried to avoid the two as much as possible.

 

As for Lydia she was nowhere in sight.

 

Baekhyun and CL decided to sit and shared a little talk about the merger CL successfully made.

 

“So are you still going out on dates then? My former dates were a nightmare! I can’t find that woman that I can bond with like I can with you!” Baekhyun blurted out of the blue

 

“Same here... they were never like you or they can never bring the ‘me’ when I am with you” CL agreed, then silence followed creating a very tense atmosphere.

 

Then after awhile after everything they said sunk in...

 

“I’ll know I have found the one for me, when I look into his eyes...” CL stated looking into Baekhyun’s sparkling eyes

 

“See what she sees...” Baekhyun added as he looked back at her,

 

“Feel what he feels...”  CL continued feeling her heart beat in a thunderous motion.

 

“Seems like time stops at that moment...” Baekhyun uttered holding her hands

 

“And only the two of you are in motion” both of them chorused with their face close to each other,

 

CL then moved back and stated as if she had discovered a scientific outbreak

 

“How could I have ever been so blind... searching so hard when in fact I should’ve just looked beside me... much more, I should’ve looked into your direction!!”

 

Baekhyun was awed by such a revelation as he spoke

 

“I tried to ignore the things that I like about you and yet those were the exact things I was looking for in others. When in fact I should’ve just took my time and look at you to realize you are my dream girl!”

 

“What took you so long?” CL smiled sweetly placing her hands at Baekhyun’s nape closing the distance between them.

 

“Oh you know... women!” BAEkhyun answered in a joking manner which earned him a light hit on the head and a sweet kiss from the girl in front of him.

 

“UM... I hate to spoil the moment... what about the bet?” Lydia appeared out of nowhere carrying a video camera recording everything from their talk to the confession to the kiss...

 

“Both of us are winners...” Baekhyun stated while placing his arms around CL

 

“So... you will go bungee jumping with BAek!” Bom pointed out

 

“And you will do your aegyo on stage!” Chen stated with a playful smirk on his face.

 

And the newly born couple looked like this after that revelation....

 

 

 

OoO

 

 

"She was the one he was looking for... He was the one she was waiting for..."

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUguw6cJkjU LUCKY

 

o======o======o

 

so this is it the end of XOXO-SHORT STORIES

 

 

 

 

5 months filled with different stories... adventures... love lines... friendship.... waaaaahhhhhh i am not really good at  endings...

 

 

 

 

so which songs am i gonna do now that i am done with XOXO-album...

 

 

 

i am gonna do 2nexo fics still...

 

 

songfics at the most....

 

 

 

 

tell me your thoughts, suggestions, reactions...

 

 

 

 

 

comment down below...

 

 

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~