PETER PAN- LUHAN PART 1

XOXO- SHORT STORIES
PETER PAN- LUHAN PART 2
 
Boy... mama was not kidding when she told me that dad and I needed to get up early... I was awake at 5am, eating my breakfast already, with my eyes half opened... I was barely awake... even though I took a bath already.
 
 
I got a shock when my dad lightly tapped me on my shoulder telling me that we should get going. I stood up and dragged myself onto the van and sat myself in the front passenger seat, put on my seat belt and closed my eyes... snoring my way all the way to the hotel.
 
 
I was awaken by my dad again, as he told me that we were already near the hotel, I didn't know what came over me... but I got nervous... probably, because the weight of being a representative family of Beijing was a bit heavy... but in any case... how will we know which family is ours? 
 
 
I asked my dad what the family name is of the family we were assigned as I got a piece of paper from the reception and wrote it in hanggul...
 
 
GONG FAMILY    공 갖옥
 
 
I held it on my chest while standing at the lobby of the hotel, I can see I am earning a lot of looks... which I always get, since I also get that in school... 
 
 
Not to brag, but my friends tell me that I am popular since I look like this... big eyes, cute nose... whatever... but I am a bit awkward with it... I am not used to it... they always call me "pretty boy", haaaayyyy... oh well, I was holding the piece of paper, when...
 
 
"Oh... That is us!" a girl told me in a very rustic chinese way... I bet she is the DAUGHTER!
 
 
I better save my ears before she butcher anymore pronunciations and greet them in Korean.
 
 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo... Lu Han-imnida!" I greeted as I smiled towards the girl followed by which I guess are her parents, I bowed politely to them as I directed them towards the car.
 
 
"Aigoo, so pretty! You look pretty my dear boy!" Mrs. Gong stated with a smile as she patted my cheeks after greeting my dad a good morning.
 
 
Mr. Gong was holding onto Mrs. Gong luggage, I offered to help as I carried his and Mrs. Gong's luggage. I helped them with their luggages and placed it at the back of the van. I saw that the girl was fascinated by her surroundings... hmmm I wonder how old she is... I can't tell... she seems young and yet mature... hmmm, she could pass for a chinese with those small eyes of hers... but not when talking though... kekekeke... I laughed to myself as I introduced my dad to them and we exchanged our greetings and names.
 
 
"You're 12?!?!?!" I asked in a surprise... I knew she was young but not that young?!?!?! I can still see her looking at me questioningly but then she paused and then smiled at me and said...
 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo... Minji-imnida, please take care of us well" 
 
 
Ah so the girl's name is Minji... hmmm... Min...ji... easy to remember... okay... do you know what disney character she remembers me of... MULAN!!! kekeke... so from now on... I am going to secretly refer to her as Mulan!!!
 
 
Our first stop was the Jingdong Karst Cave, which has existed ever since 1.5 billion years before, hence the name of "The Oldest Karst Cave in the world". This karst cave stretches over 25,00m including a 100m boat trip inside the karst cave. The temperature inside the karst cave is stable, warm in winter and cool in summer. The karst cave is divided into 8 viewing areas named after the unique rock formations, the stalactites, stalagmites, and columns that can be found inside the cave.
 
 
I then tried to walk beside Mulan who was really taking a lot of pictures, so I offered to take a picture of her, I thought she would shy away from the idea, but she didn't... she gave off cute faces and a refreshing feeling... her eyes, are really... nice? Okay enough about that...
 
 
"Oppa!" I heard her call... was she referring to me? Why did I feel happy being called that? I know that, that is what they call boys older than them... but isn't it supposed to be -sshi or something, formal way? Anyways, I looked back then...
 
 
CLICK! My eyes were blinded by the bright flash... I stretched my hands in front of me to find something to hold onto... then these pair of hands helped me.
 
 
"Shie shie!" I uttered squinting my eyes
 
 
"Oppa you are funny!" she laughed at me as I saw my hands holding hers tightly... I quickly let go of it as I smiled back at her trying to brush away any slight or tinge feeling I got from holding her soft hands.
 
 
We were now ready to board our boat to give us a tour around the cave, I naturally helped Mrs. Gong board the boat and when it was Mulan's turn, she missed a step and slipped! Luckily I caught her.
 
 
"Omo!" I heard her shout as I held her elbows to support her and regain her stand and lightly lift her up to seat her comfortably in the boat.
 
 
"Kenchana?" I asked out of worry, I looked at her and she was as red as a tomato, even with her head bowed down.
 
 
"Neh... kamsahamnida, oppa!" I heard her utter in a low voice as the boat started to move towards the entrance to the cave.
 
 
I sat beside her, glancing every now and then, Mulan shyed away from me maybe because of what happened, since I was bored and I think I should at least make her enjoy the rest of the trip, I tried to talk to her, telling her stuff and facts about the cave, which I slowly found very interesting also, it really is different when you are just reading about it in books rather than on going to the place itself.
 
 
I was also fascinated about the place and how cool it was, perfect for a fine weather, I then glanced over to Mulan by my side and I slowly felt that she was becoming comfortable again.
 
 
I then decided to teach her simple words and the correct pronunciation of simple words to greet and say thank you and all that stuff, after that... in the middle of the boat ride she was back to her old self again, taking selcas and pictures of her surroundings again.
 
 
I have to admit, I have grown fond of seeing that eye-smile of hers... it really has its own charisma, the more I look at her the more I like it on her... Aish... I better stop these thoughts... she is 12 for goodness sake!!! Stop having these kinds of thoughts... she is like a little sister, try telling that to yourself LUHAN!
 
 
After that boat ride, we were now headed to our next destination, which was Trekking.
 
 
The elders begged off and decided to stay on the foot of the hill while we the young ones decided to take on the challenge.
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S POV
 
Luhan and Minji then began their ascent up the hill with a tour guide to guide them up the hill.
 
 
During their trekking, Luhan found out that he and Minji had a lot in common. Like how Minji likes to dance and sing and play sports and play online games... they had the same interests even though Minji was a girl, there were similar things that they liked.
 
 
Luhan thought to himself, "Maybe this little girl is not that little... even though she is just a 12 year old kid she acts mature for her age and she is not like those whiny and spoiled girls like how some of my classmates are... she really is different, but good, different in a good way! She really is something!" 
 
 
Minji would stop for awhile to take pictures of birds and flowers and even trees, and she would ask the guide with them to take pictures of her and Luhan.
 
 
"Waaaaahhhh!!!! Oppa! This is Daebak! The view up here is really nice! I love it!" Minji uttered as she spread her arms to the side, feeling and enjoying the wind blowing.
 
 
"Yah, Minji-ah, be careful... not too close to the fence now... I don't know hot sturdy they are! Why not just come close here... where it is safe... here... palli!" Luhan called out with a hint of fear in his voice
 
 
"Oppa, are you by any chance afraid of heights?" Minji asked as she tilted her head to the side
 
 
 
Luhan vigorously shook his head in disagreement
 
 
"Ani... that's not it... it's the falling from a high place that I am really scared of!" Luhan replied while gulping some water to release his nervousness
 
 
"You are funny oppa! Come on... how will you see the beauty of nature when you are far from it?!" Minji stated as she walked towards Luhan and grabbed his hand and tried to pull him near the fence
 
 
"C'mon oppa... just this close... no need to worry... I'll hold your hand like this, c'mon oppa!" Minji smiled as she patted his hand which was still clasped in between her hands.
 
 
Luhan looked at their hands intertwined for a moment, he then closed his eyes, took a deep breath as he then slowly walked towards near the fence as a gust of wind blew at them he slowly opened his eyes and took in the beauty in front of him...
 
 
As they were atop a hill, some low-lying clouds can be seen from where they were, the mountain in front of them was so overwhelming and beautiful, all the while taking in some fresh air, he looked down and saw that their hands were still holding each other
 
 
"Don't worry oppa, I won't let go... kekekeke, I can still see fear in your eyes!" Minji pointed out as she smiled at him, the wind blew and her hair rode the wind in a graceful dance... Luhan was awestruck!
 
 
LUHAN'S POV
 
 
I am literally dying of nervousness, my palms are getting sweaty... aish... why must it be this high!? I didn't expect it to be this high! ANd it seems Mulan is not afraid of it..
 
 
Look at her enjoying the strong winds... what's that?! Why is she coming towards me... ani, no... andwae, no... I am
not coming closer...
 
 
In the end I lost... well, I was convinced that Mulan will not let go of me, and somehow, our hands found each other again, I got a sense of security from it, my fear was slowly washing away.
 
 
It was different from the girls at my school asking for attention, this girl in front of me is just being her self... no pretentions... she is just carefree and a breath of fresh air.
 
 
I felt the wind blow to my face, I closed my eyes... I can still feel her hand holding onto mine, I can hear her laugh ringing in my ears, I can feel her presence beside me... I slowly opened my eyes... and there stood in front of me, in front of an overwhelming sight of mountains and nature, a 12 year old girl beeming with happiness , smiling at me... holding my hands, giving me words of encouragement... I have to admit... I admire her for that...
 
 
I smiled back at her after hearing her say that she can still see fear in my eyes, it was true, I was still scared, but I dared to walk and stand near the fence, where she was standing, I am pretty sure that has got to count for something right?
 
 
After that it was time to head down since we had to make it to Lunch time back at our house cause Mama prepare a lunch feast for our guests.
 
 
As we were heading down the hill, we encountered these group of young boys trying to make a pass at Minji, although she couldn't understand what they were saying, I can understand that they were saying some nasty things to her and she is growing uncomfortable from their stares as they neared her.
 
 
I pulled her behind me and faced these brats. I recognized them as my juniors in school, I stared them down and told them who I was... the moment they heard my name and knew that I was their senior, they apologized and bowed themselves to death walking away from us.
 
 
"Kenchana?" I asked looking back at Minji who was holding onto my shirt out of fear
 
 
"Huh? Neh!" I saw her snap out of it and gave me a smile, I smiled back as I patted her hand and took it in mine as we went down the hill with me holding her hands which were still shaking probably from the shock.
 
 
"In behalf of the citizen's of Beijing... I am asking for forgiveness for the way those brats acted towards you... you might not have understood what they said but still what they said was inappropriate and I am asking for forgiveness in behalf of them" I told her sincerely as I looked at her in the eyes which were already rimmed with tears.
 
 
AFter that she laughed... she laughed at me?! How can she laugh when a moment ago she wanted to cry out of fear?!?! She told me how ridiculous I sounded speaking in behalf of Beijing acting as if I was an ambassador of some sort... well come to think of it... after replaying what I said in my mind... it's a bit funny... hehehehe, I scratched my head and smiled at her.
 
 
"Ani... It's alright... I am just glad you were there oppa!" I heard her speak, now again... why did that pull my heartstrings again? Oppa? Is it that powerful of a word to do serious things to older boys?
 
 
When we reached the elders, we decided not to tell them what happened because we don't want to create such a fuss and after all we already reported it to the security of the venue, so it was well taken care of.
 
 
We now headed back to the van, surprisingly enough, I found myself sitting beside Minji at the back portion of the van talking animatedly to her trying to lift her spirits and make her forget about what happened.
 
 
True! My mama is really the best cook ever! She prepared for us a scrumptuous meal and the Gongs enjoyed it as well. AFter the meal, I showed Minji her room which was located right across from mine, while her parents' room was two doors down the corridor next to my parent's room.
 
 
Then night time came, Mr. Cho dropped by to welcome the Gongs to the Family Tour, Minji sat beside me as her thoughts were on something else, so I asked her if she would like to play some board games, she immediately said yes.
 
 
The elders were having tea outside the garden while Minji and I were in the living room now playing a video game, she was beating the crap out of me... how can a girl beat me... This is my A game... this is where I am good at... I am proud of being a good video player, and here I am getting my whooped by a girl... aish! She really is something! Another reason to admire her.
 
 
After Mr. Cho went home, the elders now went in since it was beginning to get chilly, wouldn't want to catch some cold now.
 
 
"My dear... why don't you show the Lu's a traditional dance?" Mr. Gong stated looking at Minji, I looked at Minji who stared at me and then nodded, I remembered her saying that her grandmother was a famous traditional folk dancer 
 
 
"Neh!"
 
 
Without hesitation she stood up, straightened up her clothes as Mrs. Gong began to clap the beat. I knew that Minji danced, she told me when we were going up the hill... but I didn't know that she could dance that well, she was graceful and she seemed mature while dancing... she then mixed it up with some modern dance moves and mashed it up with the traditional dance.
 
 
I'd be lying if I told you I didn't stare... I was like this the whole time she was dancing OoO, yes with my mouth opened... gone was the image of a 12 year old girl... in my eyes, in front of me... dancing... this Mulan seems to me is just the same age as I am...
 
 
 
AFter her dancing I couldn't stop from clapping and admiring her, she was smiling and looking at me and bowing to
the elders, I on the other hand was still like this OoO... must have been hilarious to see, cause she was laughing and pointing towards me.
 
 
After that, we all decided to sleep early, because next on the destination was Great Wall of China... ahhhh... another high place... another bout for me then...
 
 
But then again... is it another chance for me to hold her hand again?
 
O===O===O
 
how was it?
 
 
did you enjoy it?
 
 
please, give this story a chance... I have high hopes for this one... and I really welcome your comments
 
 
 
i love reading them... they push me to update often 
 
 
because i get excited everytime i get a reaction from you dear readers...
 
 
comment and show your love
 
 
 
-lostschoolboy-