BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 2

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 2

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

*GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

 

It was Tao’s stomach, much to the surprise of Dara who was giggling at how dazed Tao looked.

 

“You’re hungry! Omo! Wait!” Dara then went out of the water and transformed into a human being, but only for a short amount of time.

 

“You can walk on land?” Tao wondered as he saw Dara walk through the forest

 

“And I am a bit fast too! Wait for me, I’ll search for something for you to eat!” Dara smiled as she disappeared in the forest.

 

After a moment, Dara appeared carrying with her bunch of fruits that her arms can carry.

 

“You’ve brought a lot!” Tao stated much to his amazement

 

“Seems as though you are the type to eat a lot... you’ll need it, in order for your leg to heal much quicker!” Dara smiled as she placed the fruits on his lap.

 

“How did you... *munch munch... find *munch... me?” Tao stated as he started eating

 

“This is where I live!” Dara smiled watching Tao eat

 

“You live here alone?” Tao asked as he looked around, it seems as though that the water falls was in a very secluded and hidden place.

 

“Ani... my sisters are out... they are mostly out... I am sort of weak compared to them, I can’t fight like them and I am not that strong” Dara uttered with a sigh

 

“Maybe, you could help me...” Tao began as he started munching on another fruit.

 

Tao hesitated for a moment, but decided to ask anyway.

 

“Do you know or have you heard of the BLACK PEARL?”

 

Dara’s eyes widened in fear or in shock, Tao couldn’t understand her reaction, she placed her hands on her lips and stared at Tao for the longest time.

 

“H-how... how did y-you know o-of that?” Dara asked as she inched away from Tao

 

“Wh-why are you afraid?” Tao wondered as he dropped what he was eating and decided to go near Dara, much to his surprise he could already stand and his legs were no longer hurting, it was as if he was totally cured.

 

Dara then jumped into the water and disappeared.

 

Tao was shocked but not long after that... he heard a scream... and it seems as though it came from Dara.

 

“Dara!” Tao uttered as he ran towards the sound of voice.

 

While running, Tao was surprised to see that his leg was healed and he could run normally without pain.

 

When he searched as to where the voice came, he saw that Dara was entangled in a huge net and some pirates were slowly reeling her to shore.

 

It was probably the pirates that belong to the ship they burned awhile ago. He counted how many they are and saw if Dara was hurt or anything. Once he made sure that there weren’t any more coming, he showed himself on top of the rock.

 

There were around 7 pirates standing along the shore...

 

 

The pirates saw him and was startled at his sudden appearance, while one of the pirates were reeling Dara to the shore, and the rest were slowly advancing towards where Tao was standing.

 

“This is our territory boy... you seem lost!” one of the pirates cockily stated, as Tao remained situated at where he was standing.

 

“Just get along now boy... you don’t need to be here...” another pirate uttered as he neared Tao and tried to shove Tao off.

 

“Don’t touch me!” Tao uttered as he gave the pirate a menacing hard stare

 

“Yah!” the pirate tried to throw a punch at Tao as he stepped to the side to avoid the hit.

 

 

He flipped over and hit one of them right in the face as he moved to another one and immediately punched it in the gut then moved to another one who was startled and flipped him over as he twisted his arm and threw it over the water.

 

“That’s three down... four to go...” Tao uttered as he looked back at the pirates writhing in pain.

 

He left nothing to chance as he attacked forward and did a back spin and kicked one pirate out of consciousness.

 

He then moved to another one who seemed to be at a loss of what was going on since he was moving way too fast for their eyes to see, he grabbed a stick and hit the pirate’s head, stomach and legs and flipped him over as well. He then threw the stick at the other pirate and punched it really hard in the face, making his nose bleed as he hit again on the face making it unconscious.

 

Then the last one was holding on to the net that was engulfing Dara’s figure, one look at the pirate and the pirate was trembling in fear, out of desperation, he lunged a knife towards Tao’s direction which Tao deflected just in time as he hit the back of the pirate’s neck making it lose consciousness.

 

He untangled the net around Dara much to Dara’s relief.

 

“Thank you!” Dara uttered with gratitude

 

“Why did you run away?” Tao asked as he freed Dara from the net.

 

“B-black Pearl... where have you heard that from?” Dara asked as she tried to hug herself trembling in fear

 

“My Captain... he has been in search of that treasure for a very long time now... although none of our crew has ever seen it, apparently, our Captain has seen one... so he is in search of it” Tao replied scratching his head.

 

“Y-your Captain?” Dara repeated in a raised tone.

 

Tao nodded as they sat in silence.

 

“I have heard of it... I heard my sisters talk of it... they say that it possesses dark powers... no one knows what it is capable of... is that why you are here? I mean your crew... is that why you are here?” Dara asked, Tao nodded again.

 

“The Black Pearl is a very rare gem... and from what I know it isn’t found under the sea nor in the sea... I don’t know where it is located but it is not here, in this island, if that is what you seek” Dara uttered.

 

“Thank you for saving me... we have known each other and I have yet to know your name...” Dara stated with a smile.

 

“My name is Tao.”

 

“Tao... that’s a nice name! I like it!” Dara smiled as she looked at Tao.

 

“Is your leg all better now?”

 

Tao nodded and shyed away, he didn’t know why but it felt a bit awkward between the two.

 

“C’mon, I want to show you something!” Dara stretched her hand as Tao held onto it.

 

Dara led him deep into the forest... once they were in the heart of the forest, Dara stopped walking, she then turned around and looked at Tao.

 

She grabbed both of Tao’s hands and said...

 

“Close your eyes...” Dara smiled as she nudged Tao to do it, Tao closed his eyes and waited

 

“Clear your mind from any thoughts... listen to your surroundings... calm yourself... steady breathing...” Dara said in a soft whisper

 

“Slowly open your eyes” Dara instructed...

 

The moment Tao opened his eyes once again... he saw magic... twinkling lights were surrounding them... matching the light of the moon, it was surreal... he looked back at Dara, who was in her own was shining amidst the darkness of the forest.

 

The sight before him was magical and enchanting...

 

 

“This is paradise!” Tao uttered as he attempted to touch the twinkling lights, “This is pure magic” he added

 

“Ani... that is a firefly... you can rarely see them in the city... full of pollution and noise... fireflies like silence and the forest... you can only see them here...” Dara stated as she looked up to where the moon was.

 

Tao didn’t know what came over him, but he felt his knees weak as he sat on the ground, much to Dara’s shock.

 

“What’s wrong?” Dara asked out of worry, “Does your leg still hurt?”

 

Tao shook his head, he just bowed his head and stayed silent for a long time.

 

Dara on the other hand just sat beside him and joined him in silence.

 

Little did the two know, there was one other pirate hiding behind the bushes. He appeared all of a sudden carrying with him a pistol.

 

He opened fire it towards Tao, Dara immediately pushed Tao aside blocking the bullet from him. Tao was shocked at this as he kicked the pistol out of the pirates hand and shot at him.

 

He shifted his attention back at Dara, who has blood coming out of her side. Without thinking... he ran as fast as he can up to the nearest clearing he could find to look for the ship.

 

Once he spotted their ship, he ran towards it while carrying an unconscious Dara in his arms.

 

Chen saw Tao running towards the ship.

 

“Hyung! Tao is here! It seems as though he is carrying someone with him!” Chen uttered as he alerted Luhan who was standing by at the plank

 

“Call Lay... it seems that someone is injured!” Luhan uttered as D.O. went out of his cabin hearing of Tao’s arrival.

 

“What’s going on?!” D.O. asked as he looked at Tao who was slowly coming up the ship carrying someone.

 

“Captain... we need to help her... she has been shot!” Tao uttered in panic as he ran towards Lay’s quarters.

 

Lay was waiting at the room as he took a look at the injured one.

 

“Who is she?” Sehun asked trying to peek behind Kris who was standing outside the door

 

“Tao... who is she?” Kris asked

 

“She... she is someone I met through the forest!” Tao replied as he left the room and went to D.O. to tell him what happened.

 

After D.O. heard that she was a mermaid, he hurriedly went to Lay’s room and pushed his crew aside as he ran towards the side the of the bed, where Dara was resting.

 

Lay was already finished stitching her up, and since she was a mythical creature, her healing abilities were none like other.

 

D.O. looked at Dara with wide eyes as he unknowingly reached for Dara’s hand and squeezed it.

 

Tao saw the gesture and was a bit confused with it, he has never seen D.O. act that way before... such a gentle expression from their Captain.

 

Dara’s eyes were slowly opening as she struggled to adapt to the light... once she has opened her eyes... it darted from the ceiling to the direction of someone holding her hand...

 

Her eyes widened in surprise as the Captain uttered.

 

“I finally found you... Dara!” D.O. uttered and smiled.

 

 

 

O=====O======O

 

so... can you sense a building love triangle?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

kekekekekekeke...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tell me what you think... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

comment down below

 

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~