BABY - LAY PART 1

XOXO- SHORT STORIES
BABY- LAY PART 1
 
 
Their history as a couple started like this...
 
 
Zhang Yixing, also known in the music industry as Lay, is a well known composer, a genius at that... at a young age of 16 years old, he has already composed a handful of famous songs, and since then after graduating in highschool, he decided to put up a small recording studio, he managed to balance his studies and composing and producing music, and his love life.
 
 
Sandara Park is a flowershop owner, she inherited the business from her parents who are now enjoying their retirement age and are now touring around the world. She has an assistant in the shop, Lu Han, a longtime friend of the family and she considers him as a brother already.
 
 
One night, Lay was hurrying up because he was late for his date, since he knows that his girlfriend will definitely throw a fit, he decided to stop by a flower shop to buy her flowers to at least lessen his girlfriend's anger.
 
 
"Good evening sir! Welcome to the shop! Feel free to ask me anything about the flowers and I'd gladly help you." Dara greeted as she heard the bell ring hanging by the door, she turned her seat to greet the new customer.
 
 
"Yes, good evening... um, what do I get a girlfriend who is probably angry because her boyfriend is running late for their date?" Lay asked approaching the counter looking around the shop full of different colored flowers.
 
 
"Hmmm, for an angry girlfriend... a white tulip is perfect, it symbolizes asking for forgiveness... just one will do, it shows sincerity." Dara smiled as she showed him the flower.
 
 
Lay bit his lip as if thinking, showing Dara his dimpled cheek, after a few moments...
 
 
"Ok... flower of forgiveness then... I'll take it!" Lay smiled and handed Dara the payment.
 
 
Dara then wrapped it prettily with a bow and a small card that says, forgive me.
 
 
Lay smiled at the gesture and nodded his head and walked straight for the door,
 
 
"Thanks! Wish me luck!" Lay said as he waved goodbye to her
 
 
"Good luck!" Dara waved and shook her head with a smile.
 
 
Lay arrived at the restaurant where he was supposed to meet with his girlfriend, true she was angry, but the moment Lay presented her the flower, he was immediately forgiven. Lay was forgiven but the relationship didn't last.
 
 
Once more, Lay visited the shop, this time, he plans to buy a bouquet of flowers for a new girl he was dating.
 
 
"Oh, you are here... again! I do hope it's not a flower of forgiveness again." Dara smiled as she recognized Lay who was entering the shop with a dimpled smile on his face.
 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo... Zhang Yixing-imnida...call me Lay" 
 
 
"Neh... annyeonghaseyo... Park Sandara-imnida, call me Dara, nice to meet you" Dara smiled and shook hands with Lay.
 
 
Lay looked around as if in a deep thought...
 
 
"So what is it today?" Dara asked anticipating his answer, with her hands clasped behind her.
 
 
"Huh?" Lay looked lost again, the blank expression as if processing what Dara was talking about,
 
 
"What kind of flowers do you need today?" Dara said with a smile, finding it amusing how Lay looked adorable surrounded by the different flowers in front of him, he looks totally lost!
 
 
After a moment of silence... (you know how Lay is... it takes a moment or two before he could gather his thoughts and say something ^^)
 
 
"Um... it's for my new girlfriend... new relationship..." Lay replied looking at nothing in particular, having that blank expression again on his face.
 
 
"OH, the honeymoon stage! I think for that... the daisies are perfect! Daisies are fun, pretty and bright flowers... it sure would bring a smile to her face!" Dara smiled as she grabbed a bunch and showed it Lay. 
 
 
"Perfect! Daisies! You sure know alot about flowers!" Lay smiled as he followed Dara to the counter and watched her wrap the flowers in fancy wrapper with hearts.
 
 
"I wouldn't be a flower shop owner if I don't know about them, kekekeke. Here you go, I'll add a heart shaped card for you to write a note... free of charge!" Dara smiled as she handed the flowers to Lay.
 
 
"Thanks!" Lay smiled and headed out the door.
 
 
Lay's relationships didn't last long. He wasn't as successful with love as he was with his music. The girls he tend to date were impatient with him, very demanding of his time. They can't tolerate his work attitude, as he tends to be a workaholic, and his tendencies to forget celebrations and anniversaries really added fuel to the fire.
 
 
o===o====o
 
 
"Luhan! I'll be out for awhile!" Dara called at the back, as she headed for the door, carrying with her a dozen Red and Pink Carnations.
 
 
"Neh! Noona, say 'hi!' for me!" Luhan smiled as he walked to the counter waving goodbye to her.
 
 
Dara set off to visit her grandmother, and since it was just 3 blocks away from the shop, she decided to just walk going there and enjoy the afternoon air.
 
 
She greeted the grocery shop owner who was washing his vegetables, and also waved at an old lady who was also a regular at her shop who was now taking her tea in one of the coffee shops.
 
 
"Good afternoon Dara! Where are you headed to?" the old lady asked
 
 
"I'm off to visit grandmother today! Enjoy your tea, Mrs. Lee!" Dara waved and continued walking.
 
 
o====o====o
 
 
Lay was driving around town to relax his mind, he has been inside the studio since morning, so he decided to take a drive to ease his head.
 
 
As he was passing by a certain corner, he saw a familiar face walking, carrying a bunch of flowers. He recognized her and he smiled. He looked for a place where he could park his car, after that, he got out and decided to catch up to the familiar face.
 
 
"Annyeong! Dara-ssi!" Lay greeted as he tried to keep up with Dara's footsteps
 
 
"Omo!" Dara almost jumped in surprise, "Annyeong, Lay-ssi!"
 
 
Lay asked her where she was headed and he asked if he could tag along, Dara agreed.
 
 
o====o====o
 
 
When they reached their destination, Dara then placed the flowers on her grandmother's grave, knelt down and said a silent prayer.
 
 
"Who is she?" Lay asked after he laid out the mat Dara brought with her
 
 
"She's my grandmother... she was my bestfriend! There is never a day that I don't miss her!" Dara replied looking up at the afternoon sky while sitting with her legs stretched out on the mat.
 
 
Lay just sat there quietly, enjoying the silence and the breeze with his arms stretched at his back supporting his weight.
 
 
"Did you know that carnations symbolizes missing someone? That's why I brought these pink and red carnations... because I really miss her... our talks and our moments together... I always visit her whenever I get the chance!" Dara uttered filling in the silence between them.
 
 
Lay then blurted out his troubles to Dara as if they were long time friends, Dara listened to him rant and complain and then he would pause for a moment as if thinking or organizing his thoughts then he would continue to talk and ramble about his work and his failed attempts at relationship.
 
 
 
Dara found it amusing that Lay might look like a quiet person, but once he starts to talk and once he has set his mind at it... he never stops, she laughed at that which caught Lay by surprise.
 
 
"What?" Lay asked
 
 
"Lay, for a guy... you talk too much!" Dara laughed again looking at Lay who was wearing a blank expression again.
 
 
"Mianhae! It's just that I find it easy to talk to you... you don't seem pissed off when I take a long time to speak out my feelings and all... you don't pout and you don't crease your forehead like almost half of my staff do whenever I talk to them... so, I just felt comfortable talking... I guess" Lay explained with his hand gestures that made him look even more hilarious.
 
 
Every day, Lay would drop by the flowershop and invite Dara for afternoon coffee, sometimes Lay would buy coffee for take out and bring it to the shop and talk to Dara about how his day went and what happened.
 
 
o===o====o
 
 
One night... Lay came in the shop with a smile on his face as he saw Dara sitting behind the counter, browsing a music magazine that he suggested to her.
 
 
Dara looked up and smiled at him as she closed the magazine to greet him.
 
 
"So... are you here to talk or are you here to buy some flowers?" Dara jested as she was used to Lay coming over to talk 
 
 
"Ani... I came here to buy flowers" Lay smiled as he rubbed the back of his neck, acting embarrassed and all.
 
 
"So, what will it be this time?" Dara smiled looking at Lay's dimpled cheek.
 
 
"I think, I know what I want this time...I'd like to have one single rose bud... a moss rose bud to be exact." Lay answered shyly showing off his dimpled cheek to her, Dara blushed at it, since she has grown quite an attachment to that dimple of his.
 
 
Dara was shocked, because she knew what that kind of flower meant... it meant a confession of love, and she wondered who Lay was going to confess to this time around.
 
 
Dara then got it from the back of the store and presented it to him, a pink moss rose bud.
 
 
"I think this color is perfect! This is a beautiful one!" Dara smiled, although it was not a full smile, because deep inside, eventhough she hates to admit it, she has grown quite a liking to the young man standing in front of her.
 
 
The talks they shared, their dreams and their fears, the troubles they faced, the times they shared were etched in her mind. She was growing to like Lay every day she knew a little of him everytime they talk.
 
 
Lay smiled shyly once again, he didn't know why he was feeling embarrassed, acting like a shy schoolboy in front of Dara, he nodded and then handed her the payment.
 
 
"Can I have a free card once again?" Lay asked much to Dara's surprise, she attached the card and gave it to him.
 
 
After taking the flower, he went out without a word or even a wave goodbye.
 
 
Dara frowned, she noticed that something was bothering Lay, because the whole time he was in the shop, never did he looked at her...
 
 
Then after a few minutes, the door to the shop opened and Lay went in panting... still carrying the flower in his hand, the card in his other hand.
 
 
Lay then stormed through the shop, walk straight to the counter where Dara was staying, placed the card on the counter and the flower outstretched towards her.
 
 
"I don't know how to put it in words... I have been thinking and thinking... and I can't think of anything to say but this... PLEASE ACCEPT MY HEART!" Lay stated with his head bowed down offering the flower to Dara.
 
 
"Noona! The delivery is already here...   OoO  ....... OH !" Luhan uttered with wide eyes as he saw Lay holding a flower in front of Dara
 
 
"Are you proposing marriage already?! It's about time bro!" Luhan uttered, Dara blushed, Lay looked dumbfounded.
 
O====O====O
 
there you go... the start of something new...
 
 
 
tell me what you thought about it...
 
 
this story will be about their preparation for the wedding... and in betweens...
 
 
show some love and comment down below ^^
 
 
~lostschoolboy~