LET OUT THE BEAST- KAI PART 4

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

LET OUT THE BEAST- KAI PART 4

 

               

“Kai! Stop this!” Bom shouted as she stretched her arms not to shield herself from Kai’s teeth but to envelope him in an embrace.

 

And the moment she did that, Kai stopped from what he was doing... he was stunned.

 

 

 

OoO

 

 

 

“Kai...” Kyungsoo stated looking at the two lying on the floor with wide eyes, as he watched Kai turn back into his human form, he grabbed his back pack to search for Kai’s clothes... since every time they transform into a wolf all their clothes get ripped off and they end up being once they transform back to human form.

 

Bom just held Kai as tight as possible as what Kyungsoo had done... then after awhile, Bom could feel Kai’s weight on her, she then spoke,

 

“Kai... get off me... you’re heavy” the moment she said that, Kai moved instantly as Kyungsoo threw a blanket over him to save whatever is left of his dignity after Bom saw almost everything he has to offer.

 

Kai was still looking at Bom with disbelief, it was as if it was his first time seeing Bom. He continued to stare at her while he dressed himself.

 

“Bom? You made me stop!?” Kai uttered in a soft whisper as he slowly walked towards her,

 

“Omo! Kyungsoo yah!!! Look at what you did to my door!? Yah! You two are going to fix my door again... and the floorboard over here... see this?” Bom stated stomping her feet on the broken floorboard, “You are going to replace this! Understood?!” she stated in a loud voice which got the attention of the two wide eyed wolves in her room.

 

“Bom!” Kai said as he ran towards her and hugged her ever so tightly never planning on letting go.

 

“I don’t know what’s the big deal here? I mean sure we are thankful you stopped from being crazy... but what’s the big deal... shouldn’t the BEAUTY be able to control the WOLF just as what you said?” Bom asked in confusion

 

Kai then sat Bom down as he told the story of his past BEAUTY. Bom was again silent, she then nodded and patted his cheek.

 

“You try and kill me and I’ll order you to kill yourself... arasso?” Bom smiled then nodded as she shook her head going to the kitchen.

 

“You know hyung... sometimes, I wonder what goes on inside that head of hers...” Kai whispered

 

“Me too! I mean, when you were going for her neck... I didn’t expect her to just hug you like that... I mean who would do that?” Kyungsoo whispered back

 

“Well... you were backhugging him awhile ago, were you not?” Bom stated appearing behind them eavesdropping on their conversation

 


“What the? Back hug?” Kyungsoo was confused

 

“Yes... wasn’t that what you were doing while he was going crazy, you put your arms around him... although yours looked like you were doing a head lock on him... maybe that is the reason why he was struggling to free himself from your grasp, Kai couldn’t breathe!” Bom explained plainly as she handed the two a glass of water.

 

“Eh?” the two wolves chorused in confusion.

 

“Bom...no... he was... hyung was... no... it’s not like that... um... it was like... I... whatever... it’s no use arguing with you... hyung just nod your head, it’s much easier that way” Kai was about to protest but thought otherwise, Bom’s way of thinking is very different from normal human beings and Kai was already used to it.

 

Bom just smiled at the two as she went on and go on with her night as if nothing happened. Kai said that he will buy some materials they need to fix what was broken as he left Kyungsoo with Bom.

 

Kyungsoo sat in across from her on the table, and looked at her hard.

 

“What?” Bom asked as she couldn’t stand Kyungsoo’s stares

 

“I am still figuring you out.” Kyungsoo uttered as he continued to stare at her

 

“Well good luck on that.” Bom shrugged her shoulders as she continued writing in her notebook.

 

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo was stretching his neck to get a peek at what she was doing.

 

“I’m writing... it’s my own composition... I sing some nights at the cafe where I work” Bom answered as she showed Kyungsoo the paper.

 

“Cheongmal?” Kyungsoo then read it and was stunned at the words as if it was directly written for Kai.

 

“Please... take care of him... I can see that you can be the light in his dark world... you can make him alive again...” Kyungsoo uttered

 

“Ani... he was alive to begin with... all he needed was that extra push to keep on living... I am very thankful for him also... I might not say it... I might not know how to show it... but I do care for him... I don’t know how to show him that... I don’t know what I can do for him... but if he asks me to stay by his side... I will...” Bom uttered as she doodled on the paper where she was writing unknown to the two that Kai was already at the door standing and listening to their conversation.

 

“He is a very dear friend of mine... and I treat him as a younger brother... we may not be related by blood, but we are far more connected by the bond we share... thank you for accepting him” Kyungsoo smiled with sincerity

 

“As if I have any choice for that matter!” Bom uttered as she side glanced Kyungsoo’s shocked expression,

 

“Ani... I am just kidding... the night when I first saw him... when I was attacked by a wolf... I thought that I was going to die... and since I thought to myself that no one would truly... as in deeply miss me... no family... friends have their own lives to deal with... I thought that that was a unique way to die... it may be painful but it was unique... it may sound crazy... but that was what was running through my mind at that time... and then I saw him... that smirk of his... I couldn’t take my eyes away from him... even though he was very elusive and cold... I felt like there is something missing... “ Bom paused to organize her thoughts then continued,

 

“Kai despite looking cold and distant... when you look into his eyes... all I can see is loneliness and pain... and tonight... when I heard him cry and tell me that I AM HIS... I began to see life slowly coming back to those eyes of his... it somewhat gave me strength and made me realize that what he said had power in it... I believed in what he said and I will always believe in what he will say from then until he tells me to stop.”

 

Kai then cleared his throat to announce his arrival as he lifted his hand holding a small plastic bag, containing some of the materials needed for fixing the floorboard.

 

Kai then disappeared and reappeared holding a curtain rod in one hand and the shower curtain in another as he placed it by the door frame, which was kicked and destroyed by Kyungsoo.

 

After that, Bom was already sleepy as Kai and Kyungsoo left and let her sleep. Kai stayed behind and stood guard at Bom’s bedroom door.

 

When Kyungsoo has already left, Bom took a peek outside her bedroom door to find Kai’s back leaning on her door sleeping.

 

She gently tapped Kai’s shoulders earning a groan from the younger man.

 

“Kai... stop being a watch dog, you can sleep inside...” Bom whispered in his ear.

 

Kai opened his eyes wide as he looked at Bom in shock.

 

“Yah! Palli! I am sleepy and I want to rest! There is a comforter at the side of my bed... you can sleep there... I’d feel at ease if you are comfortable as well... you still have classes early in the morning tomorrow... c’mon... get up...” Bom stated as she held Kai’s arm and led him inside her room.

 

The following morning, Kai was trying to stretch his whole body when something was obstructing his movement. He opened his eyes and there lying on his chest was a mass of hair and a sleeping Bom.

 

“Um, five more minutes... please?” Bom uttered in a sleepy voice, Kai chuckled at that as he continued to look down at her.

 

“Bom... you need to wake up... I have to go to my morning classes...” Kai lightly shook Bom’s shoulder, the girl refused to move from her spot as she held on to him tightly.

 

“You are warm... I like it!” Bom uttered as she slowly sat up and scratched her eyes and stretched her arms upward.

 

Kai just blushed as he too sat up and stretched his arms and scratched his eyes.

 

“Morning! Omo! I need to make breakfast! Do you still have time to eat?” Bom panicked as she quickly stood up looking for her slippers

 

“Neh... I still have time... any food will do Bom...” Kai smiled as he watched Bom walk out of the room hurriedly.

 

Kai heard his phone beep he received a message from Kyungsoo

 

“Yah! I hope you didn’t do what I think you did! Don’t forget our morning classes!”

 

Kai rolled his eyes upward after reading the message as he stood up and tidied up where they slept.

 

When Kai finished tidying up, he went out of the room all freshened up, he was very thankful that Kyungsoo left his backpack with him, he had an extra set of clothes left.

 

“Bom, I hope you don’t mind me using your bathroom, I took the liberty of taking a shower” Kai stated as he dried his hair while walking out of her room.

 

Little did he know Bom had company in the room.

 

“Omo! Unnie! What is the meaning of this? Did you? Did you two do it?” Minji, the youngest of Bom’s friends uttered while blushing at the sight of Bom in her one piece pajama and a boy coming out of her bed room all freshened up.

 

“Yah! Minkki-ah... that’s not it... you know each other right? Minji... Kai... Kai... Minji... he is Kris’ friend... remember?” Bom stated as she placed the plate full of pancakes and ham on the counter

 

“Okay, whoever is hungry... dig in!” Bom stated as she motioned for Kai to eat and handed him a cup of hot choco.

 

“Thanks!” Kai stated while carefully taking a sip and then looked at Minji, “Good morning!” Kai smiled as he sat beside Minji

 

“Oh, you might be wondering why Minji is here... she is here mostly every morning... she just lives next building... and every other day we eat breakfast at each other’s place... today, it was my turn... so that’s that!” Bom explained before Kai could even ask.

 

Kai just nodded and continued to eat.

 

“Don’t be shy... just eat as you would normally do!” Bom encouraged the two who were helping themselves to what was on their plates.

 

After a while, they finished eating as Kai offered to do the dishes.

 

“Unnie... you are so lucky! Is he your boyfriend?” Minji whispered while looking back at Kai’s back

 

“I guess so? He confessed last night... and I agreed to it, so I guess he is my boyfriend then!” Bom shrugged her shoulders while watching Kai drying the dishes.

 

“Yes... I am! If that is still unclear to you!” Kai smiled at that as he placed the last dish in the rack and turned around to grab his bag and waved a goodbye to the girls.

 

“Yah! Don’t forget about my door! And I have the day off today!” Bom shouted as she saw Kai wave his right hand.

 

O=====o=====o

 

KAI’S POV

 

As soon as I met with the rest of the pack after my morning classes, I can sense a very serious mood around them, no one was smilling. Everyone’s forehead were creasing and frowning.

 

Even Sehun was pouting...

 

 

“What’s going on?” I asked as I sat in the couch near Xiumin hyung, who was happily munching on popcorn.

 

“The rise of the half breeds have been increasing, since Joon’s pack, it has been escalating ever since... and they devour humans without the need of the full moon!” Suho answered

 

“Hyung! You think, it could be them?” I stated referring to the group that had abducted me... but I thought my parents wiped out the whole pack responsible for it?

 

“There is a possibility... but I am unsure of it Kai... we could only be careful and have a watchful eye on things.” Kris added as he placed his hand on his chin.

 

“They are targeting the BEAUTIES hyung... that’s what I have observed during my stay at the southern province... a pack... a small handful of them have been targeting wolves with BEAUTIES... but I can’t find the reason for it though” Baekhyun added as he opened another lollipop and placed it in his mouth.

 

After hearing that piece of news, I couldn’t help but worry... if the attacks have reached this town... then Bom and CL would be in danger as well, I couldn’t sit still, I looked worriedly at Kris hyung who has his head hanging low.

 

“Hyung, what do we do now?” I asked directing it at Kris hyung

 

“We need to be extra careful... can they stay here for the meantime Suho?” Kris hyung asked, I thought it was a good idea to let them stay here so that they can be guarded by us as well.

 

“That is the best option for them, the question is are they willing to stay here?” Suho hyung asked.

 

I, for one, was sure that Bom would agree to it once I tell her what’s going on. I just need to tell her that as soon as this meeting is over.

O===O===O

 

So that's that...

 

 

 

 

 

the next chapter is sure to be action packed...

 

 

 

 

kekekeke... haaaayyyyysssss....

 

 

 

 

i enjoy writing this pairing...  i don't know why...

 

 

 

 

 

comment down below..,

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~