LUCKY-BAEKHYUN PART 5 1/2

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

LUCKY-BAEKHYUN PART 5 1/2

 

CL together with Baekhyun attended the Sunday mass. Every once in a while Baekhyun would side glance CL who was obviously sleepy as she kept on yawning and yawning during the mass.

 

“You seemed like you enjoyed your date last night.” Baekhyun whispered as he neared CL

 

“Yeah... it was a fun night!” CL smiled as she looked straight at the altar.

 

Baekhyun was caught off guard from CL’s reply, which got him curious. After the mass, the two then headed to their usual lunch date, which was just a few blocks away from the church, Baekhyun discovered place one night after trying to relieve himself of a hang over.

 

It was a side street restaurant which is open 24 hours a day, the two frequent the said place after their usual Sunday mass.

 

“Ahhhhh...finally a place to relax and throw your worries away!” CL stated as she sat down and stretched out her arms.

 

“So... how’s your quest?” Baekhyun asked carefully

 

“Well you can say that it is a very challenging bet!” CL smiled

 

“Really?! Well it seems like we share something in common... it’s good to know that at least you are also having a hard time with this bet as much as I am having!” Baekhyun released a sigh of relief.

 

They both laughed and started to talk about their past dates...

 

“I had this date once... he couldn’t get enough of himself, he loved himself so much that he likes to look at his reflection in the mirror... he was more vain than I am!” CL laughed

 

“And I on the other hand had a date who thought I was her assistant... she was into getting so much attention!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

“I had another one that kept records of everything... like first dates, first kiss... he has a habit of taking records of everything... a statistics sort of thing...it was really giving me migraine!” CL laughed

 

“I had one date that treated me like a baby... the only thing missing was putting a bib on my neck! Much worse than my mother!” Baekhyun stated in horror as he re-enacted some of the scenes that made CL laugh.

 

The owner of the restaurant found it amusing as the two talked with animated hands, from his point of view the two were having the time of their lives... enjoying each other’s company.

 

Beep beep beep

 

The two received a message from Chanyeol... it was an invitation to his band’s open concert to be held at the park that night, sadly Dara couldn’t be there since she needs to travel to the province for some family event.

 

“Are you game?” Baekhyun asked looking at CL daringly

 

“Of course!” CL answered excitedly

 

The two then decided to grab their bikes to head to the park as they planned to have  a picnic in the afternoon. The two rode their bikes to the park, there they saw that a lot of families and friends were out playing and just enjoying the weekend.

 

As the two found a comfortable spot under a huge tree, CL then laid out their mat as Baekhyun placed their basket full of treats on the mat. Once they settled themselves, they sprawled their legs on the mat and comfortably laid on the mat.

 

“So... I guess you enjoyed your date last night... you woke up late!” Baekhyun teased trying to dish out some information about CL’s date last night.

 

“Yes... it was really enjoyable... I never had much fun... I had a good time! It was nice and all... but I think I am not his type though...” CL smiled as she used her arms a pillow for her head.

 

“How come? How can you say you are not his type?” Baekhyun wondered

 

“Well... obviously... I am not his type!” CL stated

 

“Why?” Baekhyun asked in his cute voice.

 

“Cause his types are the likes of you...” CL smirked waiting for Baekhyun to get the idea.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes then widened in realization and sat up straight and looked at CL’s lying figure

 

“You mean to tell me he turned out to be... gay? Happy?!” Baekhyun exclaimed

 

“Yeah... I know it’s unbelievable... I was shocked at first... no wonder I find it easy to connect with him... because we were both looking for the same thing... hehehehehe” CL scratched her head and smiled sheepishly at Baekhyun who was shaking his head.

 

“Well... I thought I had the only great big realization last night...” Baekhyun started as he sighed and then continued

 

“I thought I had found my catch... I met her 3 days ago... we clicked... she was a good singer... great personality... cute... charismatic and a bit mysterious... we had the same interests... I thought that was gonna be the perfect date... I even brought her to the garden restaurant... I thought wrong...”

 

“Then what happened?” CL asked quietly

 

“Well... she turned out to be a just-turned 18... a minor... I thought she was the one... but she had a curfew... no wonder she was always in a hurry when it was already 10pm... AISH!!!” Baekhyun scratched his head and shook his head in disbelief.

 

CL found it amusing, then a Frisbee landed on their mat, CL grabbed it and threw it back at the kid. The kid then ran towards their direction and asked if they would like to play along.

 

Baekhyun and CL agreed and had an enjoying match with the kids at the park. They ran around and chased after the kids, then they saw the roller skating rink and they decided to rent some skates and challenge the rink.

 

Both of them struggled with the wheels... neither of them knew how to skate... both were hanging on to each other for balance. The kids played a trick on them and brought them to the middle of the rink... they were stranded in the middle of the rink fighting for dear life to keep balance. CL slipped and took Baekhyun with her to the ground.

 

Both of them laughed as the kids helped them up and guided them back to the side railings. CL smiled and Baekhyun smiled back.

 

“What is this feeling? I have never enjoyed dates like this before! Wait am I considering this as a date then? Am I into her? I made a bet with her!” Baekhyun thought to himself as he frowned at the thought.

 

“C’mon... the concert will start in 5 minutes... let’s look for a comfortable place to sit!” CL stated pulling Baekhyun up who was still lost in thought.

 

CL and Baekhyun were the only friends present at the open concert, it seems like everyone else were busy doing some things and they were the only ones with free time that day.

 

The two enjoyed the open concert, it was an acoustic night... it was usually done by Chanyeol’s band once a month in the park to entertain the park goers and the money that they earn from that is given to the child care center of the church.

 

“Ah... ah... ah... test test... before we end this night... I would like to call on one of my friends amongst the audience to give us a song...” Chanyeol smiled a knowing smile as he threw a menacing glance at Baekhyun who was shaking his head vigorously refusing to go up the stage.

 

“C’mon... you can do it... don’t keep them waiting!” CL stated encouraging Baekhyun as she urged him to walk up the stage.

 

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head and hung his head low as he went up the stage and sat beside Chanyeol who was holding a guitar ready to play an acoustic piece.

 

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen and kids... I’d like to introduce you to a good friend of mine... Baekhyunnie... doesn’t he look like a puppy? Are you ready?” Chanyeol smiled as he strummed his guitar checking the right pitch.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat as Chanyeol strummed the chords for the song.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWo647ZiCE love song- covered by Chanyeol and Baekhyun at youngstreet

 

CL couldn’t tear her eyes away from Baekhyun while he was singing. She knew that he could sing... but not that good... not this good... while singing in front of so many people.

 

CL closed her eyes and tried to listen to Baekhyun’s voice, it was pure heaven for her. Unknowingly she was clutching her heart and her heart was racing so fast.

 

She opened her eyes and looked straight at Baekhyun

 

Omo! My heart... my heart... I must not... I can’t... no... andwae!” CL shook her head as she was close to tears as she looked one last glance at the stage as she heard Baekhyun’s voice and the last line of the song

 

“You are beautiful... beautiful... beautiful girl...” at the  last line of the song... Baekhyun was looking straight at CL who was tearing up struggling with what she was feeling inside.

 

After the song, Baekhyun immediately went down the stage and went directly to CL’s side. He noticed that she was turning pale.

 

“Are you alright? C’mon let’s get you home then... I’ll ask Chanyeol to bring the bikes back... let’s call for a taxi” Baekhyun stated as he walked and supported CL who kept silent after the performance.

 

“I must not fumble... or else he will know... he will know what Chaerin-ah? I don’t even know what I am afraid of that he will know... why? Why oh why my heart... why him?!” CL thought to herself as she sat beside Baekhyun in the taxi who was worriedly looking over CL who was massaging her head.

 

“Are you having a migraine?” Baekhyun asked as he placed an arm around her shoulder and guided her head to his shoulder to use it as a pillow.

 

CL was about to refuse but Baekhyun’s hand was already on her head, patting it and slowly her hair, making her feel sleepy, and eventually she fell asleep.

 

“Okay... Baekhyun-ah... you better get her home soon... she is not feeling well... she looks pale!” Baekhyun thought to himself as he looked down at the sleeping CL.

 

When they arrived in front of the house, Baekhyun searched his pocket for CL’s keys... he then carried CL and walked inside of the house. He gently laid CL on the sofa as he went to her medicine cabinet, looking for her medicine.

 

“Am I home?” CL muttered in a weak voice

 

“Ung... here... drink this... medicine for your migraine... and water” Baekhyun handed her a tablet and a glass of water.

 

Baekhyun sat on the coffee table looking worriedly over CL’s condition. She looked really sick.

 

“Are you sure you are okay? You want me to take you to the hospital?” Baekhyun asked

 

“Ani... just let me sleep and I will be alright tomorrow morning... I am going to be fine... I will just sleep this off” CL said reassuring Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun helped CL up her bedroom, and he tucked her in... when he was about to walk out of the room CL said...

 

“Baek... thanks... I had fun today!”

 

Baekhyun smiled and stated

 

“This is the most fun date I had!”

 

“Baek... this is not a date... that was us... hanging out... like the usual” CL uttered in a low voice as the medicine slowly made her fall asleep.

 

What the hell was I thinking? Just like what she said... it’s not like we went out on a date! Be still my heart... please...” Baekhyun thought to himself as he went down the stairs and headed out locking the door.

 

Baekhyun headed for his house, which was located next door, shaking his head and scratching it.

 

Little did he know that two vehicles were parked at a dark corner, eyeing the two’s actions.

 

Inside the vehicle were their friends, tailing them behind during their stay at the park up until the open concert.

 

O======o======o

FLASHBACK

 

While the two were attending the Sunday mass, their friends decided to meet each other at a certain restaurant which Baekhyun and CL frequents after the mass.

 

“We must have a truce!” Chen started

 

“I know that the bet was made between CL and Baekhyun only... but we have also gotten ourselves involved in this... we should at least help them realize that they are looking for each other!” Bom uttered.

 

The group was present there, Dara, Bom, Minji and Lydia; Chanyeol, Kris, Kai and Chen.

 

“Are you suggesting that we should hook them up together?” Kai asked

 

“I agree with you unnie, cause even though they deny the obvious truth... they are perfect for each other!” Minji stated agreeing with what Bom was proposing.

 

“But how will we do it?” Dara asked

 

The group stayed silent for awhile to brainstorm.

 

“Ah-hah!” Chanyeol had an idea... and that was to invite the two to attend the open concert and show CL Baekhyun’s soft side while singing.

 

Baekhyun usually gives off a playful and mischievous vibe... but once he sings you can actually see a different side of him... a serious side... a side raw and vulnerable side.

 

The group then put their plans into action...

 

 

========O========O

 

 

SO ONE MORE CHAPTER AND I AM DONE...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT ENDING A STORY...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

COMMENT DOWN BELOW

 

 

~lostschoolboy~