BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 3

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 3

 

                    

TAO’S POV

 

I heard him say her name... he knows her? D.O. knows her? How did he? When? Did he know her from somewhere? He knows she is a mermaid!

 

I looked at Dara who was shocked to see our Captain, I saw her shift her attention and looked at me as she released a sigh of relief.

 

“Tao!” I heard her speak my name, I stepped forward and smiled at her

 

I saw D.O. looking at me as he nodded and I nodded back, we left Dara with Lay as we walked out to the upper deck.

 


“Where did you find her?” I heard the Captain ask as I saw him looking out at the sea.

 

“When I was on my way back to the ship this afternoon, I fell off a cliff, I lost consciousness and when I woke up, she was there... she took care of my injured leg... it’s amazing! It’s already healed... it’s as if I didn’t hurt it!” I explained to him what had happened how she got shot.

 

There was silence between us... and then I heard him sigh...

 

“She is a mermaid... I have seen her before, where do I begin?”

 

I heard him ask,

 

“From the beginning.” I answered as I waited for him to continue,

 

“Back when I was a child... I went fishing with my father... I was small... I thought I was too young to remember... but when I saw her... when you were carrying her on board... there was something that triggered inside of me... a memory of days past”

 

I kept silent as I intended to listen to D.O’s story.

 

“My father would always tag me along whenever he feels like fishing... we would go out camping and exploring new lands... that was where I got my fascination for new worlds and new explorations... my father brought me to a place which he called Paradise... it was known for pristine, clear waters... the forest was abundant... full of fruit bearing trees... my father made a boat and decided to go fishing... when we reached the middle of the lake, we sat there for hours... I was getting bored when I saw that one of the rods was shaking uncontrollably... my father grabbed onto it and put all of his might into it and pulled it out... it was the biggest fish I had ever seen... I have never seen quite anything like it... I was surprised... cause the big fish had arms and hands like us... a face like us... it was a mermaid... a beautiful one... she was so scared and frightened... my father tried to calm her down... in the end he let her go... before he let her go... this mermaid gave my father a gift, as a sign of her gratitude for her freedom... it was THE BLACK PEARL, back then I thought it was just an ordinary piece of pearl... I didn’t know its worth... no one knew its worth, because no one has ever heard of it!”

 

After I heard this story from my Captain my eyes widened, thoughts were running through my head... had he met Dara before? Was Dara the mermaid they caught? Were mermaids immortal? There were a lot of questions going through my mind, and then I heard the Captain continue the story.

 

“My father became obsessed with looking for the sea creature, he would stay at sea until late night just to catch a glimpse of the mermaid, but she never showed up again. Until it drove him crazy and until it drove my mother crazy too... my father died clutching the BLACK PEARL in his hand... I dare not take it for it was a gift to my father... by a young mermaid... and since that mermaid was the cause of such pain for our family, I vowed to look for it... for that mermaid... for that creature who was responsible for my life of pain and hurt and the cause of my mother’s heartache... I search for the BLACK PEARL in search of that mermaid...”

 

He must really be pertaining to Dara then... so is he going to kill Dara? I didn’t know what I felt that moment... I felt torn... by loyalty to my friend and this uneasy feeling of protecting Dara from D.O.

 

“And then late one night... do you remember when we drank ourselves to oblivion before we set sail for the first time in EXO WOLF? We went on our own way that night?”

 

I remembered that time... I was dead drunk and I just slept on the streets... I think I was together with Lay hyung that time... I heard him uttering words of cutting my leg or something. I nodded as I urged him to continue...

 

“Yeah, I was walking along the shore... I decided to board the ship and get a feel of it... as I was on my way up the ship... I saw something... I thought I was just dreaming, since I wanted to get a closer look I lost my footing and fell to the ocean... I bumped my head and I think I was unconscious for a moment, then after a while... I grunted holding my aching head... I looked at my side and there she was looking up at the night sky... when she felt me move, she looked at me... with those big eyes of hers... I was mesmerized... I should have felt anger or hatred towards their kind... but she was different, my hands grabbed onto hers making sure that she wasn’t a dream... she spoke and her voice was like that of an angel... she told me her name was Dara... after she told me her name... I leaned closer to her and kissed her... it must have shocked her but after that a noise of drunk men neared us... she panicked and in she went in the water, I saw her transform into a mermaid and disappeared...”

 

I mouthed an “O” towards the Captain, from his story I learned that it wasn’t Dara, the mermaid the Captain was looking for... it was a different mermaid... but Dara was the girl DO kept on chasing every night when DO has his nightmares, calling out an inaudible name.

 

“What do you plan to do now Captain?” I asked out of curiosity, since the mermaid issue was still unresolved

 

“I am going to keep her... and I am going to search for that mermaid responsible for my pain” I heard DO’s voice full of determination as I saw him walked back in to his chambers.

 

I stood the whole night at the upper deck where the Captain and I talked... I felt the wind breeze... and then I sensed a presence behind me...

 

“Cold!” I heard her voice, I turned around and saw her wrapped in a blanket, I hurriedly walked over to where she was; planning on helping her, but before I could get to her... I could see that she could already stand and move on her own.

 

I offered her my coat as I asked her

 

“What are you doing here, you should be resting”

 

Dara shook her head

 

“I must go back... this is not where I belong... I don’t belong here... I am thankful for your help but I must go back...”

 

“But the Captain... don’t you want to talk to him?” I asked her, I saw her walked forward and neared towards me

 

“A mermaid belongs in the water... a human belongs on land, thank you, Tao.” I heard Dara utter the words as I saw her jump off the ship and disappeared with the water.

O====o====o

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

The following morning, the Captain went to check on Dara only to find Tao waiting outside of his room.

 

“Oh, what is it?” D.O. asked

 

“She left...” Tao said in a low voice, D.O. just stood there, void of any expression

 

“Prepare the sails... we set sail to the next island!” D.O. stated as Tao nodded.

 

Baekhyun and Chen did as what they were told, although they were clueless as to what happened, they lift the anchor and set sail.

 

Luhan reported to D.O. that the next island on the map is said to be a PIRATE’S CURSE... an island that no ship has sailed and came back.

 

Once they enter the territory, there was no turning back. D.O. full of determination decided to head in that direction, in hopes of searching for the BLACK PEARL.

 

For the whole voyage to PIRATE’S CURSE, D.O. didn’t leave his room, food was brought to his room and reports were done in his room.

 

Everyone was curious as to what was happening to their Captain, so the crew asked for a meeting in the mess hall.

 

After everyone was done eating, Suho spoke...

 

“I think, I am speaking in behalf of all, when I say... what the hell is going on? Why are we going on a suicide mission?!”

 

“Here here!” Kris raised his mug as they all waited for Tao to speak.

 

“We are all here for one purpose... we all owe our life to our dear Captain, he has saved us one way or another... we all were lost cause... we all were broken when he found us, no one would want us, no one would hire us... we were sorry losers back then, but the Captain... D.O. he believed in us and he helped us realize our skills and abilities, we have a purpose and that is to serve our Captain and support his hunt for the BLACK PEARL... we may be heading straight for unknown territory and never come back alive, but one thing is for sure... WE ARE ONE...” Tao stated in a loud voice full of determination,

 

“WE ARE EXO!” everyone chorused

 

“If we engage in battle, you better give me the satisfaction of cutting one of your legs if you ever get injured!” Lay uttered with a creepy smile

 

“That would never be me... I don’t want to be sliced by Lay hyung!” Kai stated out of taunt

 

“Yah! Yah! Let me in on the fun then! I am always left behind!” Xiumin shouted as he finished his mug of beer

 

“Yeah... let this hyung of ours leave the kitchen for once... so that his tastebuds can taste fresh air... all I can taste is awful cooking!” Sehun uttered

 

“Awful cooking my ... you are the one who asks for second rounds!” Xiumin pointed a finger at Sehun much to the delight of the rest of them.

 

“I am prepared for battle... bring it on!” Baekhyun shouted raising his mug of beer

 

“But seriously speaking... we don’t know what we will deal with once we step into that place!” Chen uttered breaking the merriment

 

“All we have to do is what we do best!” Chanyeol added

 

“Fight to the death?” Luhan uttered as he looked over at everyone at the table.

 

“FIGHT TO THE DEATH!” everyone chorused and raised their mugs in cheers.

O====o====o

 

The following morning, although everyone had the headache, Chen and Baekhyun were early to report to D.O. the condition of the ship.

 

Luhan was on the deck manning the wheel together with Sehun who was sleeping on the floor of the deck.

 

Xiumin and Lay were in the kitchen early in the morning, preparing breakfast.

 

Kris and Chanyeol were at the storage, checking their pistols, cannon balls, gun powder and other weapons, cleaning them and preparing them for an unknown battle.

 

Tao, Kai and Suho were at the upper deck, trying to look at what was ahead of them.

 

Much to their surprise.... a surprise attack welcomed them.

 

A cannon ball was shot at them... it was a good thing the three men have fast reflexes as they dodged the incoming metal ball.

 

At the sudden impact, D.O. came out of his room as he hurriedly went for the deck to check with Luhan.

 

Kris and Chanyeol immediately loaded their cannons as Sehun ran hurriedly to them to help and gather the guns to give to the crew.

 

Xiumin and Lay went out of the kitchen and headed straight for the upper deck.

 

Baekhyun and Chen went to check on the three who were standing on the deck where the attack hit.

 

Tao, Suho and Kai were alright as Sehun threw the guns at them as they prepared to engage an attack...

 

When the fog cleared, D.O. let out his sword as he shouted

 

“Prepare for impact! We are heading for a head on attack!”

 

The crew gathered on deck as they stood on guard, swords and pistols at hand ready for the attack.

 

Then came the surge of cannon balls flying on air... it was a good thing Luhan was a good driver of the ship... he could manoeuvre the ship easily, as if it was just a small vehicle... he turned the ship to the right to dodge the incoming cannon balls.

 

“Why not meet them at the back!” Luhan steered the ship around making them appear at the back of the attacking ship...

 

“Prepare to attack!” D.O. shouted as he hoisted himself up in one of the ropes.

 

The crew held onto the ropes as well ready to swing themselves to the other ship.

 

“Now!” Luhan shouted after steadying the ship’s course

 

Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun were busy loading the cannons and firing it at the other ship.

 

While the rest attacked the ship.

 

Once the D.O. and the rest boarded the ship. All hell broke loose!

 

Everyone was fighting with everyone... DO was fighting 5 at the same time... Baekhyun and Chen were fighting side by side, guarding their backs. Suho, Lay and Xiumin were fighting on their own with 3 or 4 at the same time.

 

Tao on the other hand was in the middle of a group of pirates, circling around him... he had no weapons on hand, they thought he was an easy target... they all lunged an attack towards him...

 

Tao jumped as high as he can

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1NPEsCGIk

 

Let us all enjoy this awesome fight scene... I can’t describe it perfectly... let us all imagine this is what happened during the fight scene on the ship.

 

Once they were successful on defeating everyone on ship... DO searched for the Captain of the ship... Tao brought the Captain in front of him...

 

“Name your ship!” DO commanded while holding a sword to his throat

 

“THE BEAUTY!” the Captain replied while staring DO in the eyes

 

“Say goodbye to it then... tie them up together with their ship!” DO ordered as his crew tied them up

 

“Don’t you want to know my name?!” the Captain shouted

 

“No... I don’t need to know something that is already lost.” DO answered in a cold tone as he gave one last look and he swinged back to EXO WOLF ship.

 

“You are all gonna die here! One way or another... not by us pirates... maybe.... but you are gonna die here!” the Captain uttered out of madness

 

“Gather their treasure and supplies!” Tao ordered as he looked over the tied up crew

 

“What is the name of your ship?” the Captain shouted again and again

 

Tao and the others ignored him as they gathered all their treasures and supplies... once everyone has swung back to the ship... the last to get off was Tao... he looked back at the Captain and said...

 

“EXO WOLF! Can’t see the flag?” Tao stated pointing up at the flag waving amidst the wind.

 

The captain’s eyes widened in fear with the late realization. Tao then went back to the ship as THE BEAUTY was blown off to bits and pieces and set on fire.

 

O====o====o

 

As the crew sailed on to the deepest part of the ocean, where it led to the shores of the PIRATE’S CURSE, everyone grew weary.

 

“Prepare for battle... we all leave the ship! Suho, you know what to do!” DO ordered as everyone moved and prepared everything they needed.

 

Suho on the other hand went down to their prison cage together with Kai. They were about to release a captive to guard the ship. Full of chains, Kai pulled it out of its cage and headed for the upper deck.

 

 

The gigantic wolf was a pet of the Captain and has been the guard dog of the ship... that was why the ship was named as such... EXO WOLF, because the guardian of the ship was this monstrous and ferocious wolf.

 

Down did the 11 crew go and off to the shore headed by their Captain, D.O.

 

PIRATE’S CURSE, is known to have almost all of the treasures of the pirates that have set foot on the island. No one knows what lurks on the island, because no one has set foot on the island and lived to tell the story.

 

The crew divided into half and set up a meeting place once night time came. DO was together with Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun; while Tao was together with Kris, Luhan, Xiumin, Lay and Chen. They went their separate ways and agreed to meet at the shore of the lake before night time falls.

 

While Tao and his group continued on foot as they explored the territory, little did they know that they were being followed... and their lives were put in danger the moment they set foot on the island.

O===O======O=====O

 

 

that is my only update for now..

 

 

 

 

 

have been a bit busy... will try to update tomorrow...

 

 

 

 

 

let me know what you think...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

comment down below...

 

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~