LET OUT THE BEAST- KAI PART 2

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

LET OUT THE BEAST- KAI PART 2

                                       

KAI’S POV

Even though I was insulted by the gesture, I told her that I drink in the glass. She mouthed an O and poured the water in a glass and still the straw was in it. Hay....

 

 

We just sat there in silence...

 

 

“So you are a wolf, what’s up with that?” I heard her speak while playing with her glass

 

“I was born this way, believe it or not, we have been living with your kind for many years now, and how come you are not screaming or afraid?” I finally got the chance to ask.

 

“I don’t know... do you want me to scream then?” I heard her ask, I gave her a daring look, after a moment, she let out a deafening shriek!

 

 

AHHHHHHHH!

 

 

I panicked and placed my hand over and looked at her like she was crazy!!!

 

“Yah! What did you do that for?”

 

“I just felt like it! hmph!” she just shrugged as I retreated my hand from covering .

 

I just stared at her like she was some crazy person...

 

“You must think I’m crazy!” she must have read my mind, I just looked back at her void of expression, because honestly at this point I don’t know what to think anymore.

 

“Well... you are the fourth person to just look at me like that and dare to stand in my presence for a long time...” Bom sighed as she looked down at her empty glass

 

“Fourth? Who are the others then?” I asked curiously

 

“My friends... they are a bunch of weirdos such as myself... I think that is why we are friends!”

 

“Is Lee Chaerin one of those friends then?” I asked trying to find some common ground for us to talk, so that she can open up freely to me and answer the questions I have.

 

“Omo! How do you know about CL?”

 

“Kris hyung is a friend of mine” I smiled as I saw her eyes sparkle

 

“Oh... that sorry of a boyfriend CL has... hmph! You would think that since he is that big and tall he would be smart and strong... but no... hah! I can even beat him up! Hmph!” Bom crossed her arms on her chest while pouting

 

I just had to control my laughter since I find it so funny that this frail looking girl can beat up Kris hyung and break some bones in the process.

 

“So you are friends with him? And is he like you?” I nodded in agreement as she nodded back and she was taking all of this very calmly, I guess it runs in their group then... acting like it’s not a big deal... having wolves with them.

 

“Does CL know that you are wolves?”

 

 

I nodded again in agreement and she nodded back again.

 

 

This I find very intriguing about her, this is considered a big revelation for some and here I am standing and agreeing to every possible question about our existence, and she is taking this very calmly... that is what really bothers me...

 

“You know what bothers me? It’s this... the way you react to the situation at hand... I mean here I am agreeing with you that I am a wolf and your friend has a wolf for a boyfriend and you are just there acting like it’s normal!” I asked her upfront

 

“Well... I guess if you are like me and you have gone through things that are hard, having this kind of a revelation seems like a normal thing...” she paused and yawned,

 

“I’m sleepy... you know your way out right? I am going to bed now... good night!” she said as she sleepily walked towards her room and she really left me inside her unit...

 

Me, considered a stranger to her, she left me here... while she is in that room, defenseless and all.

 

Aish, this girl... well, I can’t sleep with all the questions vaguely answered by her, I stepped out of her unit and decided to sit on the hallway, placed the earphones in my ear and listened to music as I wait for daybreak.

 

O===o====o

 

It looks like I slept in the hallway, when I woke up I saw a cup of chocolate beside me and a plastic of biscuit with a note...

 

HI GOOD MORNING!

 

I LEFT YOU SOME CHOCO AND SOME BISCUITS... DON’T WORRY, THEY AREN’T DOGGY BISCUITS...

 

 

WASH THE CUP AFTER DRINKING...

 

 

AND FIX MY DOOR BEFORE YOU LEAVE...

 

I KNOW WHERE TO FIND YOU IF YOU DON’T FIX MY DOOR, OKAY?

 

 

THANK YOU.

 

^^ BOMTARO ^^

 

AISH!!!

 

After washing the dishes and fixing her door, I know I was running late for my morning classes.

 

When I made it to the university, Chaerin noona greeted me cheerily as I cheered back. Luckily, I shared the same class with her in the morning so we walked together to class.

 

I decided to ask Chaerin about Bom after telling her what happened last night, I can see the concern in her eyes, I told her nothing bad happened... aside from the fact that I was treated as a dog... aish!

 

I learned from Chaerin noona that Bom is living on her own... no parents, no relatives... and the only family she considers as family is her friends, Chaerin noona, Dara noona and Minji. I asked her why Bom was like that, all calm and collected when faced with such an alarming truth.

 

Chaerin said that Bom had to live on her own since she was 10 years old, she has lived from one foster house to another, no one seemed to understand her peculiar behaviour and no one seemed to want to adopt her, Bom has suffered from being rejected and once she thought she had found a home in one of her foster parents, her foster father attempted to take advantage of her until she ran away and decided to live on her own, she was 16 then when she ran away and took care of her ownself.

 

My morning classes were finished and Kyungsoo hyung bombarded me with questions starting from when I ran away from the gathering at the clearing, where I slept last night and the reason for me being late.

 

After the morning classes, Kyungsoo hyung and I decided to lounge at the coffee shop near the university. Much to my surprise, the barista at the coffee shop was Bom.

 

“Oh... you are here?” I heard her say as she gave me a smile

 

“Neh... 2 iced coffee please...” I smiled then leaned at the counter and added “I also finished washing the dishes and fixing the door... thank you for the breakfast.”

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Kai leaned near Bom at the counter as he looked at the drinks expectantly,

 

“You are welcome... here you go!” Bom uttered as she placed the two drinks on the tray

 

Kai smiled back as he turned around and walked towards where Kyungsoo was sitting.

 

When the two were settled and were enjoying their drink, Kai’s eyes were glued at what Bom was doing, he saw her washing the cups and mugs and then untying her apron and letting her hair loose.

 

It was now the end of Bom’s shift and she was getting ready to head home, she smiled at Kai and waved a goodbye at him, Kai only nodded and acted like nothing happened.

 

Bom crossed the street towards the bus stop across the coffee shop.

 

As fate would have had it, while Bom was waiting for the bus, it started to rain heavily, she was slowly getting wet and she was starting to feel cold. The bus stop didn’t have any roof or shade to protect her from the pouring rain.

 

 

Meanwhile, inside the coffee shop;

 

“Hyung, do you have an umbrella with you?” Kai asked as he looked at Kyungsoo who was sipping his iced coffee while reading a book

 

“Ung! Why?” Kyungsoo asked as he put down his book and searched his bag for his folding umbrella, when he found his umbrella he took it out and handed it over to Kai.

 

“Hyung let me borrow it okay...” Kai uttered as he grabbed it not waiting for Kyungsoo to reply, he immediately stood up and went out of the shop.

 

 

He went out of the shop and crossed the street as he hurriedly opened the umbrella and stood beside Bom covering her with the umbrella.

 

Bom just looked at Kai for the longest time as Kai just looked straight ahead while holding the umbrella, not minding being drenched by the rain.

 

“We could share, you know?” Bom uttered as she pulled Kai closer to her, which surprised Kai.

 

“Ah... n-neh... what’s taking the bus so long?” Kai wondered aloud as he looked at the direction where the bus was supposed to be coming,

 

“Probably because of the rain?” Bom uttered, then came a public officer telling the rest of the waiting commuters that the bus is not coming since there was a bit of a flooding at the last bus stop preventing the other buses from making the trip.

 

Bom sighed as she shivered from the cold the night breeze was bringing.

 

“I can walk you to your house...” Kai offered looking down at Bom, she nodded and off they walked.

 

Kyungsoo was left at the coffee shop looking out the window, watching his younger friend talking to the barista and offering to walk her home. He thought to himself that Kai has a lot of explaining to do when he gets back home.

 

Kyungsoo and Kai are roommates in a huge mansion Suho owns where the pack lives. And since Kris has become a very good friend of theirs, Kris’ pack also stays in the huge mansion... so all 12 of the wolves live together.

 

Kai removed his jacket as he offered it to Bom who was slightly shivering, since she was drenched a bit from the rain.

 

“Thanks” Bom said as she clutched the jacket close to her body for warmth.

 

Achooo!!!

 

“We have to get you home faster, you need to change into dry clothes” Kai uttered as he walked closer to Bom.

 

While walking, they were met with two rowdy kids running and Bom was bumped by the other kid causing her to trip, it was a good thing Kai was fast, his reflexes were great, he grabbed a hold of Bom as he placed his left arm around Bom’s shoulders.

 

“Omo!” Bom exclaimed as she held onto Kai’s shirt for support.

 

“Kenchana?!” Kai asked as he looked at the two kids who were running away

 

“Yah! You kids watch where you’re going!” Kai shouted  as he looked down at Bom who was still cluthing at his shirt.

 

Achoooooo! Achooooo!!

 

“We need to walk fast!” Kai suggested

 

“Can’t you just transform and let me ride on your back...or teleport us to my apartment then... it would be easier that way wouldn’t it?” Bom said plainly still holding onto Kai’s chest

 

“Are you freaking crazy Bom! I am a wolf... and nobody knows we exist, well except for a handful of you! Us disappearing in front of so many pedestrians will cause a commotion!” Kai reasoned out with his eyes widening in surprise.

 

“Yeah, maybe you are right... oh well, c’mon let’s run for it then!” Bom stated grabbing Kai’s arm as they ran.

 

When they reached Bom’s apartment, Bom was impressed at how Kai fixed her door perfectly, you couldn’t see a trace of it being kicked whatsoever.

 

She immediately disappeared to her room and changed into some dry clothes as she got in her closet the biggest tshirt she could find to let Kai borrow it.

 

She went out of the room and handed Kai the shirt as she pointed towards the bathroom located outside her room for Kai to change. While Kai was changing, Bom heated some water so that she could prepare some hot choco for the two of them.

 

Kai got out of the bathroom and hung his wet polo by the window for it to dry easily. He sat at the counter while looking at the backview of Bom fixing something.

 

“What are you doing there?” Kai asked, Bom was startled as she then turned around and smiled

 

“Omo! I am preparing some hot choco... it will help us warm ourselves... here you go... carefully... it’s hot! Really hot!” Bom warned Kai who was acting so cocky as he took the mug and took a sip, just when his mouth touched a bit of the drink...

 

“Ah! Hot! Hot! Hot!” Kai stated while sticking out his tongue and fanning it

 

“Pabo ya! Didn’t I tell you it’s hot! Aish! Why do you have to act so manly... pabo!” Bom uttered as she handed Kai a tissue to wipe his mouth and then she lightly hit Kai’s head.

 

KAI’S POV

 

Until now, I couldn’t find it in myself to call Bom as a noona, I don’t know why... but I guess I should start and practice calling her as that... wait! Should I give it a try now?

 

“Noo- noo- noo- na... aish!” I blurted out while scratching my head, Bom just gave me this questioning look

 

“Um, I was trying to call you noona since you are much much older than me!” I explained

 

“Oh never mind that! You were never that kind of kid from the moment we’ve met right? It’s unnatural... it’s giving me goosebumps already!” she gave me permission to just call her by her name, well that’s a relief.

 

As the sun was setting, I saw a glimpse of it outside of her window, I was mesmerized by it, I didn’t realize that I was already sticking my head outside of her window.

 

“What is it with dogs and windows?” I heard her mutter... did she refer to me as a dog again? Aish!

 

“Bom... how many times must I remind you that a wolf and a dog... we are not the same! Okay?” I uttered with a sigh

 

“Well, you seem like a dog, sticking your head out of the window like that... why not enjoy the sunset like any normal human being would do? Sit here in the sofa, face outside the window, sip some hot choco and exhale... ahhhhh!” I saw her demonstrate it... and when I looked back at her, the setting sun was creating an illusion of her shining... as if there was an aura around her that is making her shine.

 

I looked at her with my mouth opened, never realizing that I was staring so hard, I couldn’t concentrate on what she was saying, I could only hear the beating of my heart, the hot choco must be having an effect on me, I am feeling warm and I am beginning to sweat, my palms are sweaty, my throat is dry and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her, she was looking out the window towards the setting sun.

 

I tried to find a rational explanation for what I was feeling... why I was being so kind and caring towards this crazy and weird girl who could only see me as a pet dog rather than a man... a wolf!

 

Before I could be fully confused, I stormed out of the room and teleported outside as I continued to walk away leaving Bom confused as well.

 

I wanted to ignore what was growing inside of me, I can’t let anyone near me... I am dangerous to myself and to others... I can’t let anyone come close to me ever again... I can only attach myself to the pack, because they can protect themselves from me, from what I can be and from who I was...

 

O====O===O

 

CURIOUS?

 

 

 

ME TOO!!

 

 

KEKEKEKEKEKE

 

 

BEFORE WE GO AND VISIT THE CEMETERY I'LL TRY TO POST ANOTHER CHAPTER TOMORROW...

 

 

 

 

COMMENT DOWN BELOW 

 

 

 

~lostchoolboy~