GROWL- KRIS PART 3

XOXO- SHORT STORIES
GROWL- PART 3
 
AUTHOR'S POV
 
 
After everyone has left, except for Kris, since CL asked him nicely to stay and help her clean up the mess, even if it was against Kris' wishes, he had to comply, he was compelled to do what his BEAUTY asks of him to do.
 
 
"How is it that you are pretty close with DO?" Kris asked out of curiosity
 
 
"Well... if you must know... he goes to the same university as I am... we have the same classes for 2 minor subjects... so naturally, I would feel close to him" CL replied nonchalantly
 
 
"So... what's happening tomorrow that DO asked you to go to?" Kris asked while holding out a black garbage bag while CL dumps every trash she could find on the floor.
 
 
"Um, he asked me if I want to go out cause there was this weekend party near the clearing!" CL replied side glancing Kris waiting for his reaction
 
 
"And you do know that there will also be wolves present there, do you? Much dangerous than that Joon of a pack leader!" Kris uttered under his breath
 
 
"That's why I told him you were also coming with me... so it won't be much of a danger" CL continued to clean up her living room as Kris followed her every move.
 
 
"You are enjoying having a watch dog eh?" Kris stated with a sigh
 
 
"Um, could you stop referring to yourself as an animal... cause I can't stop myself from picturing that I have you on a leash as I walk along the park... it really is a silly and hilarious idea!" CL laughed at the thought of it, Kris with his face while walking at the park in his wolf-form, with a dog collar and a leash.
 
 
"Kris... that Joon guy... are there many like them? I mean do they... you know eat humans even if there is no full moon?" CL asked carefully as she tried to remove the images of her being attacked by vicious wolves.
 
 
"Yes... well actually... there are two types of wolves that I know of... the purebreeds and the halfbreeds... purebreeds meaning they were born as a shapeshifter-wolf... meaning wolf parents, wolf mom and wolf dad... then there are half breeds that were created by a bite." Kris began to explain
 
 
"A bite?! I was bitten by one of those guys... am I gonna turn into a wolf also?" CL panicked as she raised her shirt to show Kris a bite mark from Sungho when he was trying to shake the consciousness out of her.
 
 
"No... not just any bite... a wolf's fangs must sink in deeper to release a venom... a sort of poison that will inject something inside a human that will turn him into a wolf... Purebreeds can live off of animals and remain strong... while halfbreeds need human sustenance to become stronger..." Kris finished his explanation staring deeply into CL's eyes as he lightly touched CL's hands to lower her shirt and cover up.
 
 
"So you are a half? Since you told me that you'll have to eat me, come full moon, right?" CL concluded as she tried to think back from what happened a month ago.
 
 
"Yes I am." Kris nodded
 
 
"So... since you are strong... you must have taken a lot of humans in the past, right?" CL hesitated to ask but curiosity got the better of her.
 
 
"Honestly... I only do it twice or thrice a year... not on every full moon... every full moon is when we are the strongest... and the moment you devour a human, excuse me for referring to you as a meal, you get a high, a sort of euphoria... where you feel invincible." Kris answered as he tied the garbage bag and put it in the trash bin in the kitchen.
 
 
"Why me? I mean... how do you choose who to... you know... eat?" CL asked as she handed Kris a cup of coffee
 
 
"UM... well, you exude an aura off of you that only us wolves can see... your scent and your flavor... um it's like you are wearing a perfume that I like... and I got a whiff off of it while you were shopping at the shopping district... you have this charisma and an air to you that I like... I can't pin point it... and then that's when I decided that you would be my perfect prey." Kris answered carefully trying to gauge CL's reaction from it all.
 
 
"Okay... I think that's enough knowledge for me tonight... that's too much to take in! We will have another conversation like this... but I think that's enough for tonight" CL stated feeling overwhelmed by the information she has learned from Kris.
 
 
 
"Do you know Tao?" Kris asked out of the blue as he put his cup on the coffee table.
 
 
 
"Tao Tao? That sweet baby giant! He is a bus boy at the Chinese Restaurant where I work, why?" 
 
 
 
"He is one of us." Kris replied plainly as he explained to her that Tao was the one he sensed last night that was shadowing them while walking last night and tonight.
 
 
 
"So... he is good then?" CL asked, a bit nervous that there are many wolves around now that she was aware of their existence, she couldn't help but wince at the fact that there might be more out there that were like Joon who were scary and malicious.
 
 
 
"No need to worry about him, he is a friend... a childhood friend... that I wish would just grow up sometimes!" Kris released an exasperated sigh.
 
 
After helping CL clean up, Kris then bid her goodbye as he went home.
 
 
 
CL released a sigh of relief as she laid her tired body on her couch feeling tired and sleepy.
 
 
She couldn't believe that she has accepted the fact that there were wolves around her and she is friends with them and in fact one of them is at her beck and call. She decided to get some water when she noticed that a window near the kitchen was open letting in a night chill.
 
 
She proceeded to check and look outside, she saw an empty street and a flickering street lamp, she then shrugged her shoulders as she proceeded to close her window and went straight for the refrigerator to get some water.
 
 
 
When she closed the door of the refrigerator... behind her stood one of her worst nightmares... coming to life again...
 
 
 
"Hey there Missy... miss me?" Joon whispered in her ear as he grabbed her by her shoulders and threw her across the room.
 
 
 
CL screamed and called for help, trying to reach for her cellphone... but the cut on her forehead was making her dizzy... she crawled towards the couch where she left her cellphone, trying to contact the first person she thought of the moment she heard Joon's voice.
 
 
KRIS' POV
 
Aish... really, a lot of revelations have blown in my face tonight! At least I have Tao to back me up and help me guarding Lee Chaerin.
 
 
Lee Chaerin! That girl... really, thinking of her having power over me... ordering me like I am some mutt... aish! Cheongmal! AISH!!!
 
 
But honestly that girl... why am I drawn to her so much... I can't let a day go by without looking at her and getting lost in those eyes of hers... a single touch of her hand to my skin can make my heart do somersaults... am I really falling for that girl? Am I really? In this short amount of time of being with her... I have known a bit more of her this past month... and why oh why am I not enrolled in the same university as her... I better check the requirements for transfer then... it's unfair that brat Kyungsoo gets to spend time with her... she is mine... she is my BEAUTY not his... so why am I not enrolled in the same university as her...
 
 
 
Tomorrow... I don't care if it's a weekend, I will storm straight to the registrar's office and demand a request to transfer... hah, in your face you little brat... DO KYUNGSOO... KAI and SEHUN... I will have the last laugh you younglings... I will get my revenge on them, I'll have to make sure Lee Chaerin is not there to stop me... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
 
 
I went on my way to my house my I felt my cellphone vibrating in my pocket. Why do I have a feeling that the caller might be Lee Chaerin? 
 
 
I got a shock when I saw the caller ID, it was indeed Lee Chaerin... calling me... I was debating whether or not to answer... cause I am afraid she just might order me around... but since it could also be an emergency, I hit the accept button.
 
 
What I heard after that stopped my heart from beating... it was like air has left my body as I heard her scream for help and a lot of ruffling noise... and that 's voice... I heard it again.
 
 
I couldn't see clearly, I hurriedly went back to Lee Chaerin's place, hoping and praying that nothing serious happened. I jumped over Lee Chaerin's apartment's fence, and went running up the stairs to her floor and kicked her apartment door... when I got inside the sight of her apartment made my insides hurl...
 
 
My heart was beating fast... red everywhere... on the floor, on the walls, on the couch, on the coffee table... and yet there was no sign of Lee Chaerin.
 
 
"LEE CHAERIN! LEE CHAERIN!" I know it was pointless to call out her name when I knew at the back of my mind that she was not there... her scent wasn't there... there was another scent though that really brought the monster out in me... it was that Joon's scent...
 
 
Everywhere I turned I can smell him... my heart was beating fast, fearing for the worst when I followed the trail of blood going into one of the rooms. I was fearing for the worst... I slowly opened the room and there I found a pool of blood... but still there was no sign of Lee Chaerin...
 
 
BZZZZZ BZZZZZ BZZZZZ
 
 
I felt my phone vibrating... I saw Lee Chaerin's name on my phone... she is calling me... I answered the call immediately and heard the most awful sound in the world... Lee Chaerin was screaming out of pain and Joon's laughter in the background...
 
 
"Kris... if you want to see your BEAUTY again, go to the clearing tomorrow... I promise you... it will be one hell of a party, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" 
 
 
Hearing those words and fearing what Joon would do to Lee Chaerin made me weak... was this the feeling that they were talking about... imagining a lifeless Lee Chaerin in front of me is enough to make me this weak... how much more to see him torment and torture her because of me...
 
 
I can't just let this pass... 
 
 
Lee Chaerin... wait for me...
 
 
o===o====o
 
 
there... the story of WOLF-GROWL will come to an end in the next chapter...
 
 
hehehehehe...
 
 
 
thank you to the readers for taking care of me and my story... for giving me helpful suggestions with the tags and all...
 
 
i really do appreciate it... 
 
 
please give this story lots of love...
 
 
upvote and subscribe...
 
 
comments are highly appreciated...
 
 
-lostschoolboy-