LET OUT THE BEAST- KAI PART 3

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

LET OUT THE BEAST- KAI PART 3

 

                                          

Kai’s Past...

 

Kai is born from a purebred clan of wolves. He was raised both by his mother and father and he was trained very well as a wolf. He was raised with love and care.

 

One night when he was out strolling in the forest near their camp where they set out for the night, a pack of wolves were also out at the forest, hunting for humans to eat even though it wasn’t the full moon yet.

 

Since Kai was young at the age of 10 years old, he didn’t know the rules yet about half breeds and pure breeds. This pack took notice of Kai and befriended him, little did he know that he was slowly being led to a lab full of other wolves used as test subjects for experiments.

 

The pack of wolves were genetically manipulated and were tested with other chemicals to make them stronger. Kai was abducted by the group and was tested upon by the others since he was a purebred there were alot of possibilities... blood was drawn out of him every now and then to test new chemicals with his body. This went on for 2 years of him being captured.

 

Kai’s parents didn’t stop to look for him, his scent was already masked by the different chemicals injected in him, every injection was rejected by his body, it was like his body was protecting foreign objects to intrude in his system.

 

Although the experiments didn’t do him harm, it caused a haywire of an effect on him, in his system as a wolf. His parents located him and wiped out the entire pack of wolves who abducted their son.

 

The moon was about to rise in the night sky, and it was a full moon... Kai noticed that something was bursting to come out of him, he then transformed himself into a wolf and after transforming... he went crazy and out of control.

 

After a moment, when he got a hold of his self... he woke up with blood on his hands... and lying in front of him were the lifeless bodies of his parents.

 

He knew it was his own doing and he grabbed the bodies of his parents and buried them deep in the forest. He learned to live life on his own until he was 15 years old.

 

He was tired and hungry, he saw a black market for wolves, and he decided to sell his ownself in turn for food. That was where he met with Suho and the pack, that time it was only Suho, Lay and Kyungsoo.

 

Suho took notice of him and decided to take him in under his care. Kai told them of his situation. And then one night, Kai was going on his berserk mode, it was the first time the pack has witnessed it... Kai was all over the place, attacking Suho and Lay... Kyungsoo was the only one who could handle Kai in berserk mode, with his immense strength, he held Kai on his neck, careful not to break it as he held Kai in  his place and wrapped his arms around him to control his berserk mode.

 

And since then, Lay studied Kai’s tendencies and they saw a pattern to it. One or two days before the full moon Kai would go into berserk mode, and during those times, Kyungsoo would be with him in a walled place to contain himself until he comes back to normal.

 

When he turned 17 years old, he found his BEAUTY. He felt alive again and it was as if his life was normal again. His BEAUTY knew of his situation and she fully accepted him, loved him and cared for him. But their romance was short lived.

 

One night when Kai was out strolling along the river together with his BEAUTY, he had gone berserk and was out of control. He told his BEAUTY to run as far away as she can from him.

 

His BEAUTY ordered for him to stop but her words were of no use to him, he still had gone mad and went after her. Kai’s BEAUTY was able to contact Kyungsoo, but when Kyungsoo got there it was already too late... Kai was in the far side of the river bank while his BEAUTY’S body was lying lifeless under a tree near Kyungsoo.

 

Kai’s BEAUTY was an orphan whom he met doing volunteer work in the orphanage she grew up. When they met they instantly clicked and were inseparable.

 

Kai’s BEAUTY was also taken in by Suho in the mansion and became their muse, the maiden of the house.

 

“Never again hyung... never will I fall again... I’d rather live a life of solitude than of guilt... never again hyung... please... help me.” Kai pleaded as he knelt down in front of Kyungsoo

 

“Kai, I can never take away the pain... c’mon let’s go... we need to give her a proper burial... Kai... be strong!” Kyungsoo uttered as Kai carried the lifeless body of his BEAUTY and teleported all of them back to Suho’s mansion.

 

O====o=====o

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Kai hurriedly walked away from Bom’s apartment and teleported to the place where he can think clearly.

 

When he reached the clearing near the cliff, he screamed as loud as he can. He pounded on his chest as he shouted and screamed as slowly tears came out from his eyes.

 

After letting it all out, he calmed himself and laid his back on the ground and stared up at the night sky, looking at the moon.

 

“I know I could find you here...” a voice uttered as he gently landed on top of a tree near where Kai was.

 

“Hyung! What’s up?” Kai looked and nodded

 

“Rough night?” Kris asked as he transformed back into a human while sitting beside Kai’s lying body.

 

“Neh... hyung... what is it like? Having a BEAUTY?” Kai asked as he sat up while dusting off the soil from his pants

 

“You know how it is... I can never get her out of my mind... all I think and care about is her well being... you know how it is Kai... when it comes to having a BEAUTY you are my sunbaenim!” Kris tapped Kai’s back and smiled at him

 

“Hyung... I think it’s happening again... I don’t want to!” Kai stated as he hung his head low.

 

After moment, they can hear a motorcycle roaring which brought Kai at attention as Kris just smirked towards the direction where the sound was coming from.

 

“Just in time!” Kris uttered as he stood up and walked near where the motorcycle was gonna show up.

 

Out in the east side of the clearing, came the motorcycle with a rider wearing a helmet. After settling the vehicle, the rider walked towards Kris and stood in front of him for a moment and then...

 

 

PAK!!!

 

Kai was shocked, the rider just slapped Kris in the face. The rider angrily took off the helmet and revealed his/her identity.

 

“How dare you leave me alone in that diner! You sorry piece of a bodyguard/boyfriend!” CL uttered as she huffed and puffed and landed another smack in Kris’ face

 

“Mian Lee Chaerin... mian” Kris was kneeling in front of CL who was staring Kris down.

 

“Do that again... and you are going to sleep in the doggy house!” CL uttered

 

“Again... with the dog! What is it with you and your friend’s assumption that we are dogs?! Huh!? We are not dogs... we don’t bark... we are wolves... we howl!” Kai scratched his head letting out his frustration.

 

CL shifted her attention from her boyfriend to Kai and walked near him.

 

“How are you doing?” CL smiled eerily, Kai just nodded and smiled back clueless as to what is happening.

 

“So... you and my unnie... what is the deal with that? Is she your BEAUTY or what?” CL asked in an icy tone while eyeing Kai who was growing uncomfortable by the minute.

 

“Um, that is what I am trying to figure out... since I just met her 2 days ago...” Kai explained with his head bowed down.

 

“You better do right by her Kai... she is an unnie I care about... don’t lead her on if you are just gonna hurt her, arasso!?” CL stated plainly looking at Kai’s head, he nodded

 

“Neh noona...” Kai replied then sighed, “See? I find it easier to call you noona than her who is much much older than you are!” Kai stated out of frustration.

 

“Oh... those two unnies of ours don’t act their age really... we, Minji and I represent the older and mature ones in our group... you are not the first person to actually be like that towards those two!” CL patted Kai’s back lightly as if to console him.

 

Kai nodded and lied back down on the ground as Kris and CL sat together near the cliff.

 

“Do you remember this place?” Kris asked as he sat down beside CL who was looking down at the cliff

 

“Uh-huh... this is an unforgettable place... aside from being abducted and brought here... this is also the place where we were born... as a couple.” CL uttered as she tucked a hair behind her ear, then a gust of wind blew making CL shiver.

 

Kris took off his coat and placed it over CL’s shoulders and placed his left arm over her.

 

“Thanks... thank you for saving my life Kris... my life was empty and was repeptitive until you came along and brought drama and action to it.” CL uttered as she cuddled beside Kris’ huge frame

 

“Lee Chaerin... you are my life now... saving your life means saving my heart as well, I don’t know how it started, when it started... but I am glad that it started and I am glad that it was with you that it started... thank you for accepting me and who I am” Kris uttered in a serious tone while looking far away.

 

“You know? Why don’t you talk like this sometimes in front of your pack instead of being always laughed at by the maknaes and your group? You look more of a leader when you are serious rather than trying very hard to be funny” CL pointed out as she looked at Kris’ questioning face

 

“I do that in order for my friends to feel at eases around me, if I put up my serious face, they won’t come for me for help, they would be scared of me and never share anything with me... I want to be as close to them as possible, know their wants and needs and their weaknesses... so that I can tease them about it... nah... kidding aside... I need to be different kinds of people to them... I need to be a big brother, a friend, a parent, a joker, a bully, a victim of their bullying in order for us to become a closed knit pack.” Kris explained in a serious tone while holding CL in a tight embrace.

 

“Ewwww... will you two get a room... and besides I was here first... go find your own spot!” Kai exclaimed ruining the romantic mood in the air.

 

“Kai, I mean it when I said... don’t hurt Bomtaro... if you do... I am going to hurt you as well!” CL warned Kai as she wakled towards the motorcycle while putting her helmet on.

 

“And you... you are not riding with me... go fly to our next destination!” CL pointed towards Kris as Kris’ shoulders slumped in defeat as he transformed in his wolf form with wings.

 

“See you tomorrow in school! Don’t be late!” CL waved a goodbye at Kai as Kai waved back

 

“Kris hyung... with wings! Fly!” Kai teased as he watched Kris take off.

 

The following days that passed, Kai together with Kyungsoo would stay at the coffee shop until Bom clocks out of work. Kai would then walk her to her house while Kyungsoo would stay a step behind, just to keep Kai in check, in case he goes berserk again, since lately he has been unstable, going berserk every now and then even when the full moon isn’t up yet.

 

Bom got to know Kai more and more, and the more she knew about Kai the more she saw him in a different light. Especially when she knew that Kai was also an orphan.

 

Kai knew that he was slowly developing an attachment to Bom and he was slowly marking her as his BEAUTY.

 

Bom on the other hand was also slowly growing feelings for the boy who saved her and kept on saving her whenever she needed help.

 

One night, Kai decided to tell Bom the story  of how he was orphaned. Bom was silent... for a long time... Kai didn’t know how she took it.

 

But after a moment, he felt her hands enveloping his in a form of comfort, he looked up to see Bom’s eyes b with tears.

 

“Kai... I now understand why sometimes you seem so distant... I understand now... what you did... I know, it is not okay... you are not okay... I know... and sometimes, that is all you need... a person to tell you that what you did may not be right but it is also not wrong... it was not your fault... it is not an excuse... it is the truth, Kai... stop holding back... you can cry as much as you want.” Bom uttered in a soft whisper as she slowly pulled Kai in a tight hug and felt Kai break down in her arms.

 

He cried so hard from the pain he kept hidden inside, he cried so much until he couldn’t cry no more, he cried and cried until there were no more tears to cry.

 

“Shhhh, it’s fine... let out all the pain... I am here... never be afraid to be hurt... never be afraid” as soons as those words left Bom’s lips, Kai looked straight at her, he held her head in his hands and slowly lowered his head to hers as their lips touched in a sweet and brief kiss.

 

“I won’t be afraid anymore... I can’t help it... you are my BEAUTY and my life is yours” Kai uttered and as soon as those words left his mouth, out came the rage and uncontrollable urge in him.

 

“Bom... I need you to get away from me as possible!” Kai uttered as he gently pushed Bom away from him, he can feel himself starting to transform and he was slowly losing his control.

 

“What’s happening Kai?” Bom asked, she need only to look at what was happening... she understood as she saw the pain back again in his eyes, she nodded.

 

Kai was slowly losing it, he then shouted...

 

 

“KYUNGSOO HYUNG!”

 

 

Kai knew that Kyungsoo was just around the corner, the moment Kyungsoo heard his name being called, he immediately appeared and kicked the door of Bom’s apartment.

 

Kyungsoo immediately wrapped his arms around Kai as Kai was slowly losing his control and was transforming.

 

“Bom, please go... I don’t want you to see me like this!” Kai pleaded as he slowly succumbed to his berserk mode.

 

“Andwae! This is my house... I don’t have any place to go... and you my dear Kai are not going to trash my house! Get a hold of yourself!” Bom uttered with such composure as she stood her ground and looked at Kai straight into his eyes.

 

Kai was struggling to get free from Kyungsoo’s hold. Kyungsoo was bracing himself for another bout of attack, he was fearing for Bom’s safety as well, for if he looses hold of Kai, Kai might pounce and attack Bom, and much to his surprise Kai tilted his head back and hit his head in the process making him loose his hold on Kai.

 

As soon as Kai was free from Kyungsoo’s grasp, Kai went straight for Bom, who was frozen in shock at was happening in front of her eyes.

 

Kai then lunged towards Bom and jumped at her making her fall head first on the floor, Kai’s wolf form was towering over Bom as Kyungsoo was trying to stand from receiving a blow to the head.

 

Bom looked straight into Kai’s wolf eyes, trying very hard to calm herself down and sound as stern as possible.

 

“Kai... get a hold of yourself!” Bom shouted amidst the growling and gritting of teeth in front of her.

 

“Kai... stop this!” that was the last thing Bom said as Kai went straight for her neck.

 

 

O====O====O

 

breathing heavily from the suspense of it all....

 

 

 

 

 

 

whew.....

 

 

 

 

that's all for now...

 

 

 

cliffhanger, i know...

 

 

 

what's gonna happen next...

 

 

 

 

comment down below

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~