Her

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s Pov

 

After waiting what seemed like an eternity, the doctor who delivered our baby came into the waiting room. I handed Joey off to Donghae, and ran over to see what she had to say.

“Is she ok?” I asked desperate.

“Your wife is stable now. We stopped the bleeding. She experienced what is known as a postpartum hemorrhage. The long labor really tired her body out, and when the baby finally came out the placenta detached too quickly, causing the bleeding to become dangerous. We did everything that we could, and the bleeding has stopped for now. She will have to stay in the hospital a few days to make sure it doesn’t start again. She needs a lot of rest to let her body heal. But she is fine. After enough time she will be back to normal, there is no long terms affects for this,” she said trying to comfort me.

“I was so scared. I didn’t know what was happening, or how serious it was,” I admitted letting a few tears escape.

“I understand.”

“What about our baby?”

“Oh I heard she is doing really great. They cleaned her off and she is in the newborn room.”

“Will Krystal feel well enough to see her?” I asked.

“She is sleeping now. But when she wakes up, I don’t think I can justify keeping a mother from seeing her child for the first time.”

“Thank you doctor. You kept my family safe when I couldn’t.”

“I can tell how much you love them. I can take you to your daughter now if you want.”

“No thank you, I can’t meet her without Krystal. I just can’t,” I said.

“Ok, I’ll allow you to go into her room. But just you, she won’t be ready to see a lot of visitors when she wakes up. And when you are ready just ask a nurse to bring your daughter to the room,” she told me.

“Thanks again,” I said hugging her quickly.

Then she left to see another patient, and I turned to my family to tell them what happened. After that I headed to her room, still anxious to see her. I walked in and shut the door behind me. She had a little more color in her face than the last time I saw her. After watching her be in pain for so long, she looked peaceful in her sleep. But she was still hooked up to all these beeping machines. I sat down in the chair next to her bed, and held the hand that was laying there. I wanted to hear her voice, and see her open her eyes, but I wasn’t going to wake her. She deserved to rest. She deserved so much. As I rubbed her hand between mine I began to cry more silent tears, thinking how different this day might have been if things were worse. I leaned my head down against the bed trying to control my breathing. She’s ok. She’s ok. She’s right here. She’s not going anywhere. I repeated those words so many times that I eventually lost count. Time pasted, and nothing changed until I felt her hand move. It slipped out of my grasp and I felt it touch the back of my head. 

“Krys?” I asked hopeful.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter