Living a Fairytale

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber’s Pov

 

The Next Afternoon

 

Ah finally the last clasp. It was a nightmare to get this thing on. It must’ve taken at least twenty minutes. I wonder if Krystal is ready yet? There is just one final touch to the costume. The sword. There now it’s perfect. 

 

*Knock-Knock*

 

“Who is it?” I asked.

“It’s me,” Krystal said through the door.

“Coming,” I said walking over and opening it.

“Woah,” she said surprised.

“Woah yourself,” I said smiling at her.

“Look at you,” she said putting her hands on my shoulders and pushing me back in the room.

“No look at you,” I insisted grasping her hands briefly.

“I’m so glad Sunyung decided to have a fairytale themed party. It kind of brings it all full circle. Back to that day we first played dress up. She desperately wanted you to be Prince Charming, and here we are again,” she said with a smile.

“You’re right it is a nice thing to have us do again. And she was just as insistent on having you be Sleeping Beauty,” I said looking at her amazing white floor length gown.

“I think I’m dressed more like Snow White today. They had a pink gown at the costume shop but I wanted to match your clothes,” she explained referencing my own dark brown  prince outfit.

“And so we do,” I said pulling her into my arms. “Wait your dress. Has the back come undone?” I asked noticing it.

“No I came in to get you to help me lace it up,” she said turning her back to me.

“You sure you want me to do it? I’m not as good at this as the girls are.”

“I trust you.”

“Ok,” I said pulling the straps of the corset back. “ Tell me when it’s tight enough.”

“That’s good,” she said making me stop and tie it. 

“You look absolutely stunning,” I said in awe.

“We do,” she said turning to put an arm around my waist and look at me. “Is this a real sword?” she questioned touching it.

“Of course not. I mean the Costume came with a real one, but I knew that wouldn’t be safe with all the kids. So I exchanged it for this plastic one,” I explained taking it out of the sheath. 

“I see,” she commented taking it. “But what will you defend us with if the fire breathing dragon stops by the house,” she continued pointing it at me.

“Uh you mean when Jessica gets here,” I said with a smirk.

“Hey,” she said holding it to my throat. “I will defend my family’s honor.”

“Does that not include me your highness?”

 

She a had pensive look come across her face. I quickly knocked the sword out of her hand and pulled her flush against me.

 

“Not every day a princess attacks a prince.”

“And wins,” she quipped shoving me.

“Ouch. A fatal blow,” I said falling back against the bed behind me.

 

She moved to sit down on the bed next to me and lean over my face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter