The Joy In a Name

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Why can’t I have both?” Joey asked holding them.

“Because the deal was that you would get to pick one candy from this aisle,” I told him firmly.

“But daddy I can’t choose. I want them both.”

“Well I’m sorry buddy. The deal was one. So it’s one or none,” I said reaching to take the candy bars out of his hands.

“Ok I want this one,” he said holding it tightly.

“Fine put the other one back. We’ve got to go to the back of the store for the milk next,” I said starting to walk.

 

I yawned as we walked over there. While I was picking out the milk I wanted Joey asked me to put him in the cart so I did. 

 

“Daddy where’s Mr. T-Rex?” he asked while I put the milk in the cart.

“You can’t find him?”

“No, where is he?” he asked looking all around.

“Maybe he’s under the food,” I said looking through the cart.

“We have to find him,” he said panicked. 

“Calm down. He’ll turn up. Did you maybe leave him in the car?”

“No, I put him right here,” he said pointing to the spot beside him in the cart’s seat.

“He must have fallen out by mistake.”

“He’s gone,” he said sadly.

“No we’ll find him ok. Let’s retrace our steps,” I said moving the cart.

 

After a while of looking around for him we still hadn’t found the stuffed toy.

 

“Daddy please! We have to find him!” he begged grabbing my arm as I pushed the cart.

 

He would be distraught if we couldn’t find him so I did the only thing I could think of. I walked over to one of the cashiers.

 

“Ready to check out?” she asked me.

“No actually. I was wondering if I could ask you a favor.”

“What is it?”

“I hate to ask, but I was wondering if you would be willing to announce something over the store speaker? You see my son has lost his favorite stuffed animal, and I’ve already been through the entire store looking for it. If you could just ask if anyone has found it or seen it, I would be very grateful,” I explained.

“Daddy we can’t stop looking for him,” Joey said.

 

I just looked back at her with a hopeful look. She looked between the two of us.

 

“I would be happy to help you,” she said giving me a smile.

“Thank you,” I sighed. “It would help me out so much.”

“It looks like you have your hands full. I’m happy to do it,” she said picking up the speaker phone. “Attention shoppers we have a missing stuffed animal that a young boy is dearly missing. If you come across it please bring it to register three. It looks like-” she paused looking at me.

“It’s a green t-rex,” I said quickly.

“A green t-rex. Thank you for listening. Enjoy the rest of your day,” she finished.

“Thank you. Really,” I insisted.

“No trouble. I just hope that it turns up.”

“Me too.”

“Daddy!” he yelled getting my attention.

“There’s no need to yell. We should always use our inside voices, remember?” I asked him.

“Yes daddy. But I want Mr. T-Rex,” he mumbled sadly.

“Mr. T-Rex that’s a great name. Did you come up with it all by yourself?” the woman asked him.

“Yes,” he nodded proudly.

“I like it a lot,” she said.

“Joey what do you say when someone says something nice to you?” 

“Thank you,” he said looking at her.

“Thank you what?” I prodded. 

“Thank you ma'am.”

“Oh your welcome handsome. You have a nice name too. Joey is a really great name.”

“It’s about my daddy,” he said pointing at me.

“What he means is that he was named after me,” I explained.

 

Flashback

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter