Preparations

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“Joey honey comedown here will you,” I said calling upstairs.

“Yes mommy,” he said joining me in the kitchen.

“I wanted to ask you if knew what you wanted to do for daddy for father’s day. It’s next week,” I told him.

“Father’s Day?” he questioned.

“Yes sweetheart, you remember what father’s day is right? It’s a day to say thank you and appreciate all that fathers do. It happens every year. Remember how mother’s day was not too long ago. And daddy took us out to dinner?”

“And I gave you that necklace I made,” Joey said remembering.

“Yes, and I really loved that. We have to think of something to get daddy now. Any ideas?” I said starting to set out the food.

“I can draw a picture,” he said excited.

“That’s a possibility. Can you think of anything else?”

“Daddy likes baseball,” he said sitting down at the table.

“Yes she likes taking you to your t-ball games and helping you,” I said.

“Daddy never misses my games,” he said smiling.

“I know baby.”

 

Flashback

 

“Mommy I’m scared. What if I can’t do it?” he asked afraid.

“It’s about having fun son. There’s nothing to be worried about,” I said rubbing his arms.

“I don’t know.”

“I thought you wanted to give it a shot. That you were excited about learning to play. Some of your friends are going to be in the same league as you.”

“I’m worried I might be bad.”

“What’s this doubt I hear?” Amber said coming in his room where we were.

“Hey you’re home from your trip early. I wasn’t expecting you until dinner,” I said happily hugging her.

“I couldn’t stand to be away from my family a moment longer,” she said kissing me.

“Daddy you’re back,” he said.

“Yep, I couldn’t miss your first baseball practice tomorrow. What is this I hear about you being worried?” she asked him, sitting beside him on his bed.

“I don’t want the other kids to make fun of me.”

“Make fun of you? All of them are learning just like you. The most important thing is to enjoy yourself. Do you really want to learn how to play baseball? Because if you try it and end up not liking it than you can try other things. I just want you to give it an honest effort.”

“I really like watching baseball, so I want to learn,” he said.

“Good, that’s great. You know when I was a kid and first started playing basketball I was scared at first too. There were a lot of kids that were bigger than me. But it became so much fun after a while that I forgot all about that.”

“Did mommy play sports too?” he asked.

“I took dance classes,” I answered.

“Joey baseball doesn’t have to be a permanent thing, if you don’t want. You could try dance or basketball too.”

“Isn’t dance only for girls?” he asked.

“No it’s not. You can be anything you want to be. No one gets to limit you. So your job is to figure out what you like to do. You think you can do that bud?”

“Yeah,” he said nodding his head.

“Awesome because I was hoping that I could show you a few things tonight before you have practice tomorrow. That’s why I picked up something for you on my trip,” she said leaving the room to get s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter