Mr. Hopper

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Next Morning

 

Amber’s Pov

 

I feel something nudge me as I start to wake up from my deep sleep. At first I tried to ignore it but I felt it again and heard a small noise. Opening my eyes, I came face to face with a tearful Sunyung. We all slept here on mats at the set last night, and now it was morning again. I quickly jolt up to try to figure out why she is crying.

 

“Sunyung what’s the matter?” I asked putting a hand on her side and using the other to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

“I can’t find him,” she whispered.

“Who can’t you find?” I asked deciding to pick her up and move away from the others so she wouldn’t wake them.

“Mr. Hopper.”

 

Mr. Hopper was her stuffed rabbit that she took everywhere with her. The toy wasn’t very big so I could see how it could get lost, but she will be devastated if we can’t find it.

 

“Are you sure you didn’t leave him at home?”

“No, he was in my backpack and now he’s not in there anymore,” she said starting to cry louder.

“Shh...ok we can look for him together,” I said trying to calm her down.

“What’s going on?” Krystal said confused coming into the kitchen where I had moved.

“She can’t find Mr. Hopper,” I whispered to her.

“Here let me take her, so you can look around for him,” she said holding out her hands.

“Sunyung, Soojung umma is going to take you while I look for him ok?” 

 

She nodded in response while still faintly crying. I handed her over to Krys before backing away to start looking for the toy.

 

“Don’t be sad Sunyung. Appa will find it. Are you hungry? Umma can make you breakfast.” Krystal said to the little girl in her arms.

“Can you make pancakes?” Sunyung said smiling for the first time since starting to cry.

“Of course that’s my speciality. But I won’t be able to do it without your help. Can you help me make them?”

“Yeah.”

Seeing the exchange between them almost made me forget what I left to do. After Sunyung agreed to help make breakfast Krystal pulled a chair over to the counter so that she could stand on it. Then she started to explain to her how they would make them. The stuffed toy had been temporary forgotten. But I still had to find it or she be talking about it for the rest of the day. Where could it have gone if it was in her backpack last? That was the first place I decided to look for it. I found her bag open on the floor of the living room in the corner. Inside were her coloring books, markers, jacket, and a bag of animal crackers. I put the bag back down and started to look under all the furniture that was in the room. No luck. Where could it be? What’s this? Being down on my hands and knees made me notice that there was a trail of crumbs on the floor that led to the dress up box. She did love to run around while eating those animal crackers. I almost emptied the entire box before I found Mr.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter