Where We've Been

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Well I just want to thank you all for coming today. It’s always special when all of us can be together. All of you are so important to us. You are our family. And soon we will have a new edition,” I said pulling Krystal into my side. “We love you all,” I finished as everyone clapped.

“So speaking of the new edition, when am I going to find out if I’m going to have another grandson or granddaughter?” my dad asked appearing next to us.

“She’s only three months dad. That’s way too early to know,” I said.

“Around five months is when you can determine that,” Krys said.

“Sorry for being eager. I just can’t wait to spoil another grandkid,” he smiled. “How is everything going? How do you feel Krystal?”

“Um...I’m ok. I’ve just been dealing with some nausea, and lack of energy recently,” she answered.

“Sorry to hear that. When my wife was pregnant with this one she had to be on bed rest the last month. Am gave her quite the hard time. I don’t even want to tell you how long she was in labor with her for...”

“Dad,” I said trying to stop him.

“Her sister was so much easier-”

“Dad, please. I’m sure you aren’t making her feel any better.”

“Oh terribly sorry. I get carried away with my stories sometimes,” he said shyly.

“It’s fine,” Krystal said.

“Am I was wondering if we could talk outside for a moment?” he said.

“Uh sure. I’ll meet you out there,” I said as he nodded and left.

“What was that about?” Krys asked.

“Don’t know. But I feel another ‘how to be a good father’ talk coming on,” I said smiling at her.

“I don’t know what else you could improve on.”

“Cute,” I said giving her a kiss.

“Ugh but if you leave me my sister and mom will be all over me about baby stuff. I had to tear myself away from a conversation about how long you should feed for,” she groaned.

“Oh wow...that’s a lot to take in. Isn’t it a little early to be thinking about that?”

“Not according to them. They are making me feel so unprepared. Like I won’t be able to learn and do everything in the next six months,” she sighed.

“Don’t stress. It’s not like we haven’t taken care of a baby before. It’ll all work out. Just go play with Joey, and they’ll leave you alone,” I suggested.

“Ok.”

“I’ll be back soon,” I said leaving to join my dad.

 

Outside

 

“Hey dad,” I said sitting beside him on my front porch steps.

“Hey kiddo. I didn’t mean to pull you away from the party.”

“It’s ok. What’s up?”

“I just wanted to take a second to tell you how proud I am of you. I know that I’ve told you before, but seeing how happy you and Krystal are...it just makes me really happy. I know you’ve been through some rough times. And for you to be where you are now...it’s amazing to me.” 

 

Flashback

 

“I’m ready to start trying,” she said laying in my arms comfortably.

“What do you mean honey?” I asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter