Labor of Love

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

At the Hospital

 

“Krys, I’m here!” I said running into her hospital room. “Are you ok? Do you need anything?” I asked her out of breath.

“Calm down. My contractions are pretty far apart. It’s gonna be a while until things get serious,” she said touching my face.

“I can’t believe it’s happening.”

“We are going to meet our daughter,” Krystal said happily.

“Mommy! Daddy!” Joey yelled running into the room.

“Hey buddy,” I said picking him up.

“Sorry about that. He got away from me,” my dad said entering the room.

“Why are we here daddy?”

“You are going to get to meet your little sister soon. Mommy has to be here until she comes,” I explained.

“Is she coming soon?” he asked.

“Honey we really can’t say,” Krystal said. “Ow,” she groaned pain coming across her face. “There was another one.”

“Joey grandpa is going to watch you ok? I have to stay in here and help mommy,” I explained.

“I can help too.”

“I’m afraid you can’t buddy. This is a grown up thing. But I want you to give mommy a kiss before you go,” I said moving him close enough to reach her.

“Love you mommy,” he said giving her a kiss.

“Love you too.”

“I’ll take him,” my dad said taking him into his own arms.

“Everything will be alright,” he reassured patting my back.

“How much pain are you in?” I asked sitting beside the bed, as my dad left with Joey.

“It’s just like a really sharp pain every time there is a contraction,” she answered.

“I’m so sorry. This is the part about it that I really hate. But you can squeeze my hand until it goes numb, you can yell as loud as you want, and you can even hit me if it will make you feel better,” I said taking your hand.

“Are you trying to turn me into one of those women that blames their partner for doing this to them? I went into this knowing that at the end of nine months I was going to have to push this baby out. It definitely isn’t the highlight of the pregnancy process, but when it’s over it will be more than worth it,” she said holding my hand between the two of hers.

“I just hate to see you in pain,” I said sadly.

“I can do this. As long as you are here.”

“Whatever you need.”

“I keep thinking how the most fun part for couples is making the baby, but that wasn’t exactly a walk in the park either,” she laughed.

“I know, I’m sorry.”

“But the day we found out I was pregnant was one of the best of my life. After our wedding day, and meeting Joey for the first time. I think meeting our daughter might end up topping that day,” she smiled.

 

Flashback

 

“Am can you hand me one of the tests. I’m a few days late so I think I should take one.”

“Sure, here’s one,” I said reaching under the sink to get one.

 

We had a whole stockpile of pregnancy tests. From the first few times we tried artificial insemination. I just pray that it has finally worked this time. I can’t take seeing her fall into that depression after learning that it hasn’t worked again. I finished brushing my teeth and went back into the bedroom to get dressed. While I was in the middle of putting my belt on I heard her scream. I ran back into the bathroom.

 

“Are you ok?” I asked worried.

“Look at it,” she said holding it up for me to see.

“It looks like a plus sign,” I said slowly.

 

I didn’t get it right away. She had taken

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter