006

「 the pain , the cure , the love 」

Eunji rounded  her eyes. She couldn't  believe  what she was seeing. It was the guy who called her an 'alcoholic'. She sighed unbelievably. She shakes her head. She then glance to Inguk. Eunji then smirks.

"So you're  DR SEO INGUK? My family's  doctor?" "You're Yuri's sister??"

Inguk and Eunji talked at the same time. They both were frustrated seeing  each other again. "Well I'm  sorry, you CANNOT be my doctor! " Eunji gave him a big 'humph'. "Why HELLO.I am the Jung's doctor  and you are the one who CANNOT be my patient.  I mean like how could you be Yuri's sister?? You look absolutely  HIDEOUS. "

 "Oh my god this is ridiculous!! Jeongmal aish.."

"Enough of your aish'ss dont waste my time and get to the point why you come to see me. Do you wanna apologize? I'm  not easy you know. You should have to beg on your knees and cry full of regrets." Inguk still wants her to be sorry about last night.

"And hey do you know how much it costs for me to send you home by taxi??" "You didn't  even took me home!" Eunji weren't  blinking her eyes. She couldn't  accept how selfish,rude,badass,ingly dicky person Inguk was. "Says who? You belong into the physiologically room. I dont blame the taxi driver sending you here."

"What more do you want huh?? An apology, repay your money for the taxi, AND whut more??" Eunji raises her voice. Totally  pissed with him. She really wants to squish Inguk's head down on the floor. STOMP STOMP STOMP without any mercy...IF she had the power to do so.

"I think you'll just have to get out from my sight and that's  it. Seriously  i hate people like you aigoo where did you even learn how to raise your voice unpolitely to such a good looking man like me?"

"I'm sorry mister but my boyfriend is much-" Eunji stops. She realised she just said the word 'boyfriend'. Inguk looks at her who seems to be out of words. "I have no time to hear you or any stories of your boyfriend. Why are you here? Seriously  do you have nowhere  to go? Jeez."

Inguk came back to his normal senses. Eunji looked down and back to Inguk. She also must've went to normal mode. "I came because  Mr.Kim was worried about me." "Oh yea an alcoholic  how would he not be worried?? DAA."

"Yah you piece of junk! He was just worried and told me to get a quick check up with you. And i heard your dad, Jung's previous family doctor  died 3 years ago when i was in New York I-" "Shut up you no nothing about him."

"I'm  just sorry for his loss, he was a great doctor.  That's  what i just wanted to say." Inguk got sensitive when Eunji talked about his father. Everyone loves his father. He was the idol of every students in medical university.  He was the star. Being the star was really hard. Shining for others. Inguk couldn't  even have a space between  he and his father.

The Seo family has a really strong bond with the Jung's family. His dad have worked for the Jung's years past when Eunji was still a little baby. Inguk loves his dad so much and also hates him like hell. He was offended  how that his father  was putting work first than family. When talking about his father, Inguk would have this little hate-love feeling.

The hate was that even when his dad took his last breath, he didn't even mention how he loves his son,Inguk or his own wife, but he just said 'Take care'.  Inguk couldn't  understand  his father words. Take care of what?? His job?? His carrier  being the number one doctor  of Korea? Or take care of mom and himself,Inguk.

"Are you going to give a check up on me or I'll  just leave then." Inguk glanced to Eunji. She noticed  Inguk was daydreaming  about something  else a few past minutes after he told Eunji, 'You know nothing about him.'

"I urm sure." Inguk checks Eunji's pulse as a doctor should do.

"What did you have for breakfast?" He asks while he gets Eunji's health file record. He opens it and flips the pages. 

"I dont remember. Urm Dr Seo can i just call your name because  its a little funny to call you 'doc Seo' as you look kinda my age accept you have skills in medical and that your just my family's  doctor but can't i just well call you-"

"Inguk." He didn't  look at Eunji as he was reading something  that was written on her health file record. "Do all girls talk as much as you?" He asked while tapping his pen on her file. Inguk's eyes were still sticked onto it.

"Me?talk to much? Yah well gilrs these day are just the same. Pfft. I don't talk much aish." Eunji scoffed Inguk.

"Alcohol clean. Wow you're  not an alcoholic as i thought." Inguk still focused on what he's  doing. Eunji smirked to him while whispering "i told you...rascal." 

She looked straight  to Inguk afraid she'll  get caught  scoffing him 'rascal'. Unfortunately Inguk didn't heard her. He didn't  even bothered to look at her. "Inguk little rascal..." Inguk still didn't  respond to it.

"Inguk little rascal,rascal,rascal lalalalala rascal yeah rascal blah blah"

While Eunji was busy scoffing  him, Inguk had something  attracting his eyes. He was looking at his father's old handwriting. He read almost everything  that his father wrote. It was included with some black and white photo. 'CANCER' Inguk repeated  the word in his mind. 

"It cant be." "What cant be?? Did you heard me??" Eunji was confused why Inguk was so attached  with her health file record and suddenly said something out of the blue.

'So she's  been suffering cancer! But why /reads/..dad died when she already  flew off to New York. And this was written a few weeks before she flew off to further  her studies. So does she know that she's  having cancer? Dad discovered why she was in such pain blah blah and finally found  out that there is a growth  of cancer at her lungs.'

Inguk talks quietly  to himself. He thought  for a while. "Eunji before you went on your studies  in the overseas,were you suffering  anything? I mean pains?"

"Yuri eonni told me that I've  always had constipation. But now i don't  feel anything. Usually i always sweat and faint and i sometimes hardly breathe. Wae? That was almost 3 years ago. Why are you asking mesomething old school? Your dad gave me some pills to take and it sure feels better when i take them."

"Oh urm can you call Mr Kim to see me.I need to tell him that you owe me something  last night." Eunji wanted to hit Inguk because  he was carrying on the same thing but she couldn't  because  Inguk's expression  was damn serious.  "Oh okay(?) I'll  get him he's  just outside. " Eunji went to fetch Mr Kim. Then Inguk tells Eunji to leave the room while he talks to Mr Kim.

Eunji was curious  but she just followed his instructions. "Miss Eunji told me that she owes you the fee of the taxi you payed. Is that why you called me?" Inguk offers him to sit down.

"I discovered something that my dad worked on and it looks like you and Yuri have been keeping secrets from Eunji." Inguk starts the conversation like a detective. 

"Is it getting worse?" "You mean bigger." Inguk corrected  Mr Kim. Mr Kim himself was confused. "Mr Kim as you should know, cancers do not infect easily. It does get worse but the thing is, the question you're  suppose to ask is if its getting bigger."

"How well is her?" "Its gonna attack  the other lung. Its spreading really fast. When was the last time she took the medicine /pills from my dad? Don't  tell me she stopped eating them."

"Eunji said she was getting  better and she didn't  needed those such medicine  anymore." "And you let her be Mr Kim?" Inguk's tone was a little surprised. Mr Kim just sighs.

"As you know, in dramas all the doctors would  have to tell the patient  to full fill their  dreams and live their lives to the fullest with no regrets." "I get what you're  saying doctor Seo." "Mr Kim I'll  give you the exact but more strong medicine  for Eunji. Wont be able to destroy the cancer but it'll  slower down the growth."

Inguk glances to Mr Kim who was expressing  how he was very sad about Eunji. "Mr Kim,you'll  have to tell her sooner a later,you know." "I understand." Inguk stands up from his place. 

"About the repay fee whatever, i was just joking." Inguk pats Mr Kim's shoulder. "Dr Seo, can you help me to tell her. I don't seem to have the guts." Inguk was taken aback. "Why me?" "Well doctors have some talking way to tell their  patients." Mr Kim gave Inguk a bitter smile.

"Please?" He pleaded to Inguk. Not wanting the old man to beg, Inguk just agreed.

"What's  taking so long??" Eunji bursts in the room. She was really craving out curiosity about Mr Kim and Inguk. "Non of your business. " Inguk tells her. "Mr Kim why do you look gloomy?? C'mon smile okay smileee."

Inguk suddenly got his eyes fixed on Eunji who was trying to make Mr Kim smile. 'So pretty' he whispered. "I have something to do at the fashion  company.  Mind staying  with Dr Seo? I'll  get going now." Mr Kim leaves the room.

"Mr Kim!??" Inguk scratches  his head. 'What is he thinking  right now??why did he leave me with herr??aigoo' his heart whined.