014

「 the pain , the cure , the love 」

"Yuri, the date's getting close," says SangBum wrapping his arms around Yuri's waist. Yuri giggles. "For what?" "Our honeymoon,"he replys. Yuri was kinda like,'what?' but she stood there giving no response. "Honey, you alright? ",asks SangBum. "I don't think i can...,"says Yuri,letting go of herself from SangBum's hug slowly. SangBum lift his eyebrows ,"What's the matter?" Yuri looks down then looks to SangBum.

"I'm worried of EunJi," answered Yuri. "Is there something wrong with EunJi?" SangBum gets curious.  "SangBum, this is quite a big secret that you must not tell her," Yuri comes close to SangBum. "What is it?" SangBum holds both Yuri's shoulder. "EunJi has lung cancer." SangBum's expression changed. He was surprised. After all this time he knows EunJi, he never even thought of EunJi suffering lung cancer. "Jagiya?" Yuri noticed SangBum's mind were running elsewhere. 

"I know it must be shocking. You're her friend since high-school but you didn't know about this,"said Yuri. SangBum thought of Yuri's word, 'her friend since high-school'. 'No...I was more than that,' SangBum's heart whispered. SangBum suddenly felt down. When Yuri said EunJi was suffering lung cancer, a tiny small part of his heart broke. He never imagined that the girl he once embraces, was carrying such pain. He threwback all the past years when EunJi was his girlfriend. 

SangBum remembers the times when EunJi ate a lot of pills saying that she has constipation and the times when EunJi said she was hurting some part in the inside. SangBum grasps his hands. Yuri looks at her husband who was acting weirdly. "Jagiya?" with Yuri's voice, SangBum cane back to reality. "What did you say to her if she's crying pain?" asks SangBum. "Constipation," says Yuri. Everything made sense to SangBum. 'That's why she said those pills were for constipation, but actually it was for her lung,' whispers SangBum's heart.

"Why don't you tell her?" he asks again. "I can't,"said Yuri. "Is her lung doing fine?" "That's the problem, it's getting worser and she need a new lung transfer. Her surgery is on 26th September and..." Yuri stops. SangBum held her cheecks. Yuri looks at her husband and tears roles down as she says,"I'm afraid to tell her." SangBum saw how Yuri really cares and loves for EunJi. He then took Yuri in his arms. "How can i tell her..." continues Yuri. "Would you?" 

Yuri questions SangBum if he was her, would he tell EunJi about her condition and that she need surgery which has 10% of success to live. SangBum thought for a while and answered  her. "I couldn't." "Why?" asks Yuri. "Because how can i tell to someone i daringly care for, that they have cancer and are in needed to be open-up(surgery) as their life depends on it." Yuri looks up to SangBum who was hugging her.

"Then,how? Her life is ticking. She has stopped taking her medicine. She needs proper treatment. She needs to know the truth. But I'm afraid she won't accept it and would hate me," said Yuri sadly. "She won't," says SangBum. "How could you know?" SangBum gives Yuri a peck on the lips and continues, "Have you forgotten?We're long friends."Yuri smiles to SangBum. "I told Inguk to tell her. I hope she won't hate me like you said so," says Yuri.


 

"Hi,EunJi," EunJi rolls her eyes as she heard Inguk through her phone. "Are you normal?" Inguk couldn't say 'are you fine' as he think it was not right to do so. "I am normal, dear doctor," replys EunJi. "I've sent Yuri back home," said Inguk. EunJi's sighing could be heard through the phone. "It must be hard keeping this secret," said Inguk. "Not really," answered EunJi. "I'm already getting over SangBum. And the hardest thing now is to not make anyone broken," she continues. 

"You mean it's alright if Yuri knows but its hard to see Yuri get hurt by it," Inguk understood what she was saying. "So you're over with him,i guess." Inguk could hear weeps through his phone and knew, EunJi was crying silently. He understands to let go of someone whom we darely love is a really hard thing to do but it's for the good of others and that's what makes it more painful. "Hey, my phone's wettted by your tears. Could you cutt it out?" EunJi humphs. 

"How did you get my number? " "I'm the family's doctor, I know everything, even your period days," bragged Inguk. "Pardon me?" Inguk laughs. "Want to grab icecream?" "No. I don't want to have icecream with you!" EunJi hungs up. "Wait-wait-" Ingok got hunged up. "What the heck? How could she hang up on me?" Inguk throws his phone to the passenger seat beside him. He was literally driving towards the Jung's residence but quickly made a U turn.

"She's the first woman to hung me up just like that. Was i being cruel? i only offered her icecream. How could she, when I'm too handsome to be hunged up? Aish," mumbled Inguk. EunJi smiles by herself after having a talk with Inguk on the phone. "I don't like icecream. But i do feel like eating one right now," she said to herself and went in the kitchen. EunJi opened the refrigerator and grabbed an icecream. Without her knowing, she was eating it while smiling thinking of Inguk.