015

「 the pain , the cure , the love 」

Inguk placed his coat on the sofa and untied his necktie.  "Home sweet hom-" "What is it?"Inguk answered his phone which suddenly was vibrating in his pocket. Jae Hee was the caller. "Seo we need you now at the hospital,"saidJae Hee with a rushing tone. "What?? I just got home," replied Inguk with a sigh. "You're the only one who could handle this," continued Jae Hee. "Is it critical?"

"Then why'd i call you if it wasn't?" Inguk then got hung up by Jae Hee. "Wait!" Inguk looks to check if Jae Hee was still on call with him. "Oh great another person hung me up today," Inguk then quickly grabs his coat, runs out of his house(apartment ) and quickly headed off to the hospital. 


 

"Goodjob,Jae Hee." EunJi smiles at him. "It's nothing," he says,while blushing. "When is he going to get here?" "No worries I bet he's already on his way, infact i bet he's at the traffic light junction."


 Meanwhile,

"Perfect , the roads jammed and the traffic light is broken. Oh shoot, someone's life is depending on me right now," whines Inguk in his car.


 Back in the hospital,

 "But isn't that juntion's traffic light broken?" said EunJi. "Oh yes i forgot. Then Inguk will come a little late, 45 minutes i guess. If he walks by the shortcut way it'll take 30minutes," says Jae Hee. "Miss Jung, why is it that you're here to see Inguk?" "Call me EunJi," said EunJi to Jae Hee. "Wow you're not like what Inguk told me," said Jae Hee. EunJi crossed her arms. "What did he say to you?". Jae Hee smiles awkwardly. "Well it started with-"


In Inguk's situation right now, he decided to take another shortcut and it acquires walking. Inguk cleverly escapes himself from the jammed road and took another direction. He then parks his car beside the road and started running. Inguk took quick looks at his wrist watch to look at the time. He already planned to arrive at the hospital 30minutes early. So all he could do was now, run.

As he made a turn, he bumped into a lady, grabbed her by the waist and the minute Inguk cought her from falling he recognized  it was EunJi. She was currently running but the opposite way to where Inguk was heading. Inguk looked at her with a serious face. "Inguk-," says EunJi but Inguk ignored and continued to run forward but EunJi grabbed his arm quickly before he disappears. 

Inguk turns his head to EunJi with a question mark on his face. "I'm in a hurry," said Inguk. "I can see that," says EunJi. Inguk tend to leave again but EunJi tightens her hold on Inguk making him turn to her again. "My patient is dying I need to-" "I'm your patient," said EunJi with her big eyes staring straight into Inguk's. Inguk twitched his eyebrows. "You're kidding,right?" he asks.

"Hey, Jae Hee told me everything. How could you say I'm a crazy woman and that I'm rude?? Aish you sure like to talk behind people's back," says EunJi with an annoyed tone. "You..." Inguk was still confused. He couldn't understand why EunJi was the 'dying critical' patient that Jae Hee said. Plus, why was EunJi here if he was going to head to the hospital,right away just now? "Inguk-sshi," calls out EunJi. "Shut up," said Inguk then got his phone and called Jae Hee.

"Hey Jae why did you-" "Hyung DON'T get mad please, i couldn't resist her she wanted to see you and i know that the onky way i could get you to come here back is by setting you up to a surgery case," explains Jae Hee through the phone. "Inguk are you mad?" EunJi who was beside him asks. "Hyung, don't get angry with either of us, can you? it was just a white lie," pleads Jae Hee.  Jae Hee was afraid of Inguk, he knows how pissed will Inguk be when he finds out all of this was a lie.

"If i can't be mad at you then-" Inguk hungs up his call with Jae Hee and glared at EunJi. "Inguk? Haha?," said EunJi awkwardly. "You think its funny?" Inguk says strictly. "Using someone's life for some lie  is something a joke to you? Seriously?  Do you know how hard i work to keep people alive even at their last breath? Its so hard for me to think up a plan in need to save these people. And here you are lieying to me about that critical patient," Inguk made EunJi speechless.

"But i thought -" "What did you thought? Was it fun running here to get me after you knew I'll come late because of the traffic jam? You know what, I ran till here worrying about the patients' condition. I am a doctor, i save lives and there's no jokes between the word doctor. Well I'm sorry to say because it wasn't worth for anything. I'm leaving," Inguk turns and EunJi grabs his hand using both her hands. "Wait-"

"What? What?? Another sick patient this time??" "Ais-cream...want to go grab one?" EunJi soundlessly said as she was afraid with the angry Inguk. She closes her eyes, and grasps Inguk's hand tight with both of her hands as if she was begging for forgiveness."Please?" Inguk's frowning eventually  withdraws seeing EunJi acting like that. He slips his hands from EunJi's as it was too tight. "I'm sorry okay...I just wanted to see you and-" "Choco ais-cream," says Inguk. "I said i wanted the choco ais-cream," he repeated and walked ahead. EunJi brightens up. "So you're not angr-" "Hey, the shops over there walk faster could you?" Inguk scolds her. EunJi skips to catch up with Inguk.