011

「 the pain , the cure , the love 」

"Chief Seo, someone is waiting for you," said nurse Choi to Inguk as he just came back from the ICU ward after checking up some patiens. "Who?" The nurse tells Inguk to come a little closer and whispers, "Your girlfriend," the nurses who was there giggled as if they just heard nurse Choi's whisper. Inguk frowned. "Since when did i had a girlfriend? " Nurse Choi shook her head, "I don't know. But you also work with her family if I'm not mistaken."

Inguk snaps his fingers. "EunJi?" "Oh that's her name. Yes,EunJi the top designer.  I've heard about her. She's very talented and beautiful. Congratulations, Chief." Nurse Choi smiles and pats Inguk's back. "This must be Jae Hee who spread this silly rumour of me and her," said Inguk while rolling his eyes. "That's a pity, i should've arranged you with my daughter earlier," said another nurse. "Ladies, I'm still single and i should get going, nice talking to you guys, " Inguk waves goodbye and heads to his workroom leaving the nurses giggling. 

Meanwhile, in Dr.Seo's workroom, EunJi was playing the chair which has wheels. She spins herself and pushed herself from one corner of the room to another corner. She then plays a Inguk's pen on the table and started finding a piece of paper. EunJi then decided to entertain herself with sketching. She drew what came to her mind, a bouquet of flowers. EunJi then looks around the table and found a small plant flower in a cute pot. She placed it infront of her and started sketching.

A few minutes later, Inguk turns his door knob. He could see EunJi' back. Inguk crept slowly near her to what she was on to. To EunJi's surprise, Inguk was standing right beside her. "You scared me,"said EunJi looking very shocked. Inguk then sits at his chair infront of EunJi with a look, 'why the hell are you doing here?' . But he didn't said that because he was in a good mood today. So he started with, "Are you sick?". EunJi shook her head but then nods, "I guess?"

"You're not,i know. Alright what happened?", Inguk asks her. EunJi didn't reply she finished up her flower plant sketch and the looks up to Inguk. "I'm going to see the queen of England," said EunJi. "Seriously? Queen Elizabeth? Wow that's an honour. I've studied her when i was in college," Inguk was excited. EunJi giggles. Inguk was funny for a moment. Secretly while he continues with his story, EunJi sketches his face.

"You know Prince William married Kate Middleton and she was a normal person. That's what I love about the Royal family. They're so humble," Inguk continued. "When are you going?" "Her majesty said maybe on October. It's a month. I'll be staying at a hotel while she tour guides me around the palace. I think she wants me to be one of her family designers," EunJi explains. Inguk's jaw was hanging wide.

Inguk took his calender and checked for dates. "What are you searching?",asks EunJi. "A perfect date to go with you." EunJi smirks, "You follow me?". Inguk flips the calender to reach November. But stopped on September. There was a circle on the 26th with a red pen. He scanned the date fo think what it was that he circled it with a red pen. Whenever Inguk wants to remind himself of surgery dates, he would circle it with a red pen. The question in his mind was, whose surgery was it? He usually writes the name of the patient or the beds' code but there were none,just a red circle.

"Inguk?" "Nothing I'm going to do my work so just do whatever you're doing right now." Inguk turns to his files and checked one by one of his patients. "I'm bored lets go get aiscream," said EunJi. Inguk ignores her as he was busy. "You know you're acting weird today," EunJi started talking what's in her mind right now. "Shouldn't you ask me to leave? Like asking 'WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?'. Yea something like that," she continues. "Are you not going to ask me?" Inguk couldn't hear her and even if he did, he wouldn't care to listen. He focused on searching the patient who he has to do a surgery on 26th September.

"You see? This is why i hate you. You ignore me," EunJi sulks. "Even SangBum oppa...," she whispered slowly. "Today Mr.Kim asked me why I'm still hanging onto my boyfriend when he's already been taken by my sister. He also asked if i still loved him..." Eunji plays the pen she was holding and continues, "He was my first love. He was my enemy who became my everything. Our relationship was about 6 years. But..." EunJi's voice started cracking. She heavily sighs, "I guess 3ears was enough to ruin the 6years long of being inlove." 

"As a girl, as a woman...I can't blame myself for loving him this much because all girls, if they love someone deeply, they give their heart and soul to the guy." As EunJi was talking Inguk had finished every single record file he had and then suddenly worried. Inguk took EunJi's health record which he placed safe in one of the drawers which is locked as in for private only. He took it and flipped at the last page he wrote about EunJi's cancer getting bigger the other day. There he found his little note, 'must do a lung transfer before its too late, best date 26th Sep'. Right now its already July. Another 1 month more and the date is near where EunJi flies to England.

"EunJi," Inguk calls her slowly. EunJi didn't heard him she was so busy talking about SangBum. Inguk gazed at her. She was literally crying as she talks about her feels. Suddenly, Inguk detected something. Those tears, were familiar. Inguk tries to get a figure of something and there it was;

IN 2005,

12 years old EunJi was seen crying on the end of a staircase. "Little girl, your blocking my way," said 18 year old Inguk. EunJi cried even louder. "Go away!" All the old ladies that were there, looked at Inguk. They were judging Inguk so hard that made Inguk felt guilty. Inguk then kneels down to get a better look at EunJi. "What's wrong?" EunJi couldn't see a clear vision of Inguk as her eyes were tears and her hair had long bangs. "Go away!" She yelled at Inguk's face. All the ladies were then seen whispering to themselves about Inguk. They mistook Inguk was a bad guy. "Let me see," Inguk like a doctor he examines EunJi. "No injuries." "I said go awa-" Inguk holds . "Look,I'm trying to go to school but you're ruining my morning. Don't make me look bad, those old ladies are bad-mouthing me so why don't you tell me what's the matter so that I'm good to go," Inguk then removes his hands. "My sister isn't coming home. She said she'll come home today but she didn't. She's so busy.I hate doctors!" EunJi started crying again. "Hey, don't cry. You know what? Want an aiscream?" Inguk offered her. "Just go away! oh sister!" EunJi cried even louder. Mr.Kim then suddenly came running to EunJi pushing Inguk aside. "Ouch," he said. "Hey boy, you made her cry," an old lady was holding a fly swatter approaches Inguk with her other friends. "No..No, that's not it. I didn't do anythi-"

Inguk shook his head to the horrible memory and cameback to 2015. 'So she was the girl who made me be beaten up by those bunch of ladies back then,' his mind was talking. "Hey,Jung EunJi!" EunJi stopped talking about SangBum as she was surprised with Inguk's shout. "You're the girl who made the neighborhood hate me!" EunJi blinked her eyes. "Pardon?" "Now where's that- Aha!" Inguk got his chicken feather duster underneath his table and started hitting EunJi on her arm. "What was that for??" 

"In 2005 there was a girl crying at the end of a staircase lane near the street," Inguk started telling the story to EunJi who had no idea what he was talking about. "She didn't gave me space to walk because she was dramatically whining for her sister not coming home, now do you remember?!" EunJi was squeezing her brain to search for that old memory before Inguk flies the chicken feather duster to her. EunJi jumps from her chair. "You were that bad guy??," said EunJi who was surprised to know it was Inguk.

"Bad guy? You and those old ladies mind!" Inguk swings the chicken feather duster to EunJi"s legs. "Ouch!" EunJi rubs her legs. "I was beaten up with fly swatters and there were 4 freaking ahjummas, how could you turn me into a bad guy? When i even offered you aiscream!" Inguk flies the chicken duster again but this time EunJi holds his arm. "Wait there must be a mistake. Inguk you were shouting to me that day," EunJi protested. "Me? You were the one who was shouting," Inguk was getting annoyed.

"Go away!" Inguk shouted and pokes EunJi with the chicken feather duster on her tummy. "That's what you said." EunJi ran behind the chair as a shield."So you're older than me," said EunJi. "What old I'm not old! We're just six years apart. Don't you say I'm old, woman." EunJi laughed. "You should get married. Your nearly reaching your 30s," she starts pissing off Inguk. "Hey, Jung EunJi!" "Wait don't hit me! I came here to lose my stress not being hitted," EunJi putted her hands together begging Inguk to stop.

"Don't come here if you're telling me about your ex boyfriend, i am irritated with you," Inguk slowly puts the chicken feather duster on the table and sat back on his chair, tired hitting EunJi. "But you give great advices and actually you're a good listener." EunJi sat back on the chair facing Inguk. "You know what." Inguk folded his arms on the table leaning his face near EunJi,infront of him. "What?," reply EunJi. "You are so a n n o y i n g," He smirks. EunJi then leans near Inguk's face and their noses were nearly touching each others. "You are mean and-" ,EunJi couldn't finish her words.

Inguk gave her a sudden kiss and pulled his head back. EunJi froze. Inguk face was acting cool but he was actually panicking. Inguk himself didn't know why he did that. Time stopped. A black bird was passing by with three dots(awkward). "Seo, I couldn't sit at home so I wanted to-" Jae Hee was now in the room. He wanted to ask Inguk to grab lunch but it looks like he interrupted Inguk's moment. "Urm...why is it so quiet?," he then asks. Inguk looks at Jae Hee who was at the door. "Oh Jae Hee yes I'll be on my way. Who was that patient again?"

"Which?",Jae Hee was confused. "The old man  who had a heart disease?," Inguk got up from his chair. He was actually trying to run away from EunJi. Inguk was embarrassed. "Park Tae Woo -sshi?" answered Jae Hee who was really confused by the situation right now. "Yes that Tae guy. EunJi i need to go. Duty calls. Bye." He walks to Jae Hee grabs his bestfriend's arm and left the room...awkwardly leaving the frozen EunJi.