013

「 the pain , the cure , the love 」

Inguk drove to the Jung's house. Mr.Kim, informed him that Yuri would like to have a talk about EunJi's condition. Inguk agreed but he said  the only time he was free was at night. So,he decided to discuss about it at the Jung's resident. As Yuri waited him in the studyroom, she took her time looking at albums and old storybooks on the shelf. Mr.Kim was right beside her keeping her company. "Mr.Kim, all these books are they all used?" asks Yuri. "Ofcourse, your parents spends a lot of time in this room," replied Mr.Kim.

"That's funny. I know that mom and dad are really busy but i didn't knew they loved books. I come here whenever dad held a family meeting. That time EunJi wasn't even born," said Yuri. "You were very young,my dear," Mr.Kim smiles at her. "Has EunJi ever come here before?" asks Yuri. "Yes. She came a lot when you were gone. She loves spending her time here,just like madame Jung always had,"says Mr.Kim.

"Mr.Kim, what's-" "Dr.Seo,please come in," Mr.Kim closes the door as soon as Inguk came in the room. Yuri who wanted to take out a pink photo album quickly pushes it back on the shelf. "You're here," she says. The three of them sat together near the fire. "I was called because you're worry of EunJi,"said Inguk. "How is she?" "As what Mr.Kim told you, it's getting worst day by day," Inguk could see Yuri sighing. "Dr.Jung we need to tell EunJi," "No, and Dr.Seo, I'm not a doctor anymore,,please call me Yuri," replys Yuri. "And because of that you should tell her," continue Inguk.

Yuri looks at Mr.Kim beside her. "I think it's better if you do that,Yuri. You're her sister." Yuri looks down. "I can't do it. Dr.Seo you do it. You're her boyfriend afterall," said Yuri. Inguk's eyes were open wide. Mr.Kim was looking at him,surprised. "What?" said Inguk. "EunJi told me she had a boyfriend and it began with Seo, so i said is it Seo Inguk our family doctor and she said yes," Inguk jaw was open as he hears Yuri explain. "That's a mistake, I'm not even close with her,"Inguk protests. "Then why did she say you're her boyfriend. When me and SangBum was asking her she should have one."

Inguk smirks. 'This must be to make SangBum jealous,' he said to himself. "I think she wanted to show of to you that she has a boyfriend. You suggested her to have one and that made her brain say whatever crossed her mind. Its physiologically i guess," said Inguk. Yuri stands up and walks around the room. She flies her hand towards the books on the shelf. "What are trying to find Yuri?" asks Mr.Kim. "A book that shows a way to have confidence," says Yuri. "Does she needs the operation?" asks Mr.Kim to Inguk. "I don't think EunJi will like it when we tell her about this. We've lied to her since she was 12," continued Mr.Kim.

"Twelve? I was just 17 years old back then," says Inguk. "You look familiar, Dr.Seo,"says Mr.Kim. "Mr.Kim,you pushed me aside to get EunJi who was crying on the staricase," Inguk started drawing back the memory. "So you were the bad guy??" Mr.Kim smiled. "Did EunJi said i was a bad guy?" "Yes. Yes,she did," Mr.Kim patted Inguk's shoulder. "This secret has been 10 years long. How could guys keep this hidden from her?" Inguk looks to the old man waiting for his answer.

"We lied to her saying that she has constipation. We told her to not to worry and she did. But the funny thing was, Yuri and me, we were both scared by the facts.Yuri went abroad, doing studies about cancer cure and her duty calls. My role was to make sure EunJi doesn't pass out or something and remind her to eat the medicine. So i guess the lie has been growing that its so hard to tell the truth," said Mr.Kim. Inguk gazes at Mr.Kim whk was about to cry but the man kept his tears to himself.

"Mr.Kim?" Yuri calls out for Mr.Kim from a corner. Mr.Kim turns to her and he could see Yuri holding EunJi's pink photo album. He immediately stood up. "Whose in there-" EunJi was suddenly in the room. She opened the door with a key. All eyes were now on EunJi. EunJi's eyes were locked at Yuri holding her photo album which contains her past with SangBum. "EunJi-" before Yuri could say anything, EunJi was already coming up to her. EunJi grabbed away her photo album and turns away back to leave the studyroom. "EunJi," calls Yuri but EunJi igored her. Inguk then stops EunJi from leaving. "What are you doing here?" says EunJi as she just realised Inguk's presence. 

"EunJi," Yuri was now right behind her. "Did you hear anything weird?" asks Yuri. "Did you open this album?" asks EunJi without turning her face to Yuri behind her. "Yuri, i don't think she heard anything let her go," whispers Mr.Kim to Yuri. He knows whats in the phot album. Mr.Kim didn't want Yuri to see it as much as EunJi does. "EunJi?" Yuri calls her out again. EunJi turns to her sister. "Did you open this album?" "No. Is there something i must know? I care for you,EunJi please tell me," said Yuri. "Nothing. You never had to," said EunJi and looks away to leave. "Why can't i care for you?" Yuri made EunJi stop.

"Are you asking me?" EunJi looks back at Yuri. "Yuri, please let her go," pleads Mr.Kim. He also gave a sign to Inguk to take EunJi out. Inguk had no idea what was happening so he was dumbfounded. "What is it that i don't have to care for you, Eunji? What is in that photo album that i don't have to know?" said Yuri. "I don't want to fight with you." "Jung EunJi!" Yuri raised her voice. EunJi's anger was flaming the minute Yuri yelled her name. "Give me that album," Yuri asked for the photo album.

Mr.Kim tried persuading Yuri to let EunJi be but she ignores him. "Whatever in that album, I think you should go EunJi," said Inguk who finally says something. EunJi hears him beside her and started heading to the door. "EunJi," Yuri grabs the photo album but it slides off her hand and fell to the floor. All the pictures were scattered. Inguk saw the pictures were of EunJi and SangBum. Before Yuri could take a look, Inguk grabs her out of the studyroom and locked the door from the inside,then closes the door.

As Yuri's presence was gone, EunJi quickly collects all the pictures on the floor. Mr.Kim helps her out. Mr.Kim could hear EunJi sobbing as she was collecting the photos. "EunJi," Mr.Kim calls her out softly. EunJi ignores him.With tears she kept picking up the photos and as soon as she collected all of it, EunJi went to the fireplace and threw everything in. She turns away from the fireplace as it burns the photos of her and SangBum. "I'm sorry,EunJi,"says Mr.Kim looking at her,wiping of her tears. "I never knew how to get rid of those, thank you." Mr.Kim hugs her. "You're most welcome," he whispers.


 

"Dr.Seo, what are you doing right now?" asks Yuri who was in the car with Inguk. "I'm driving you home,"replys Inguk. "But that is my house." "You're house is at SangBum's place," said Inguk. "Don't worry i know the address, you sent me with your wedding invertation that day. Sorry i couldn't make it, the surgeons need me," Inguk continues. "What was in that album? What is she trying to hide?"

"You don't need to know,"he says and Inguk reminded of the pictures that were scattered on the floor. 'It's your husband,' Inguk's mind was talking. "So you didn't saw any of them?" asks Inguk. "You pulled me really quick. Are you all hiding something from me?" Yuri asks out of curiosity ."The last thing i hide fron you was my embaressment of being rejected from you," said Inguk. "Don't.  You can't like me. I'm a married woman now,"says Yuri. "I won't. It was old times," replys Inguk and stops the car.

Inguk steps out of the car and runs to open Yuri's. SangBum was seen parking his car in his garage and walks to Yuri. Inguk looks at SangBum with many thoughts. "So you're the guy who broke EunJi," he whispers to himself. SangBum gave Yuri a hug and told her to go in first. Before Inguk could go back i  his car, SangBum came near him. "Dr.Seo?" Inguk couldn't ignore him so he starte off with, "hi." It was awkard so Inguk turned to his car.

"EunJi told me you're her boyfriend," says SangBum which made Inguk turn back at him. "I know it's not true though," he continues. "Thanks for giving my wife a ride home. You're the Jung's family doctor right? I hope it doesn't go more than that." Inguk was pissed off for some reason. "Are you telling me not to get super close with Yuri?" asks Inguk. "You understand well," said SangBum. "You don't have to worry. I'm not chasing after you're wife. But maybe your ex,EunJi. Please don't be pissed." Inguk smirks and drove off. SangBum was surprised that Inguk knows his relationship with EunJi. But little did he know, even as an ex, he felt angry.