018

「 the pain , the cure , the love 」

It wasn't hard to decide to open up a store in South Korea. What made EunJi think twice was the place that her store is standing; in Sangbum's building. EunJi looks through some arrangement plans for her clothing store. "It needs to be casual yet has the glamorous. I hope Sangbum does a great job like he said so," she whispers. Knock Knock Knock. "Yes,you may come in."

Mr.Kim enters her office and closes the door behind him. "Oh it's you. If you're asking about the meeting. It went well." EunJi plays her pen with her fingers. "I've never heard about your plans of doing business here." "Plans," EunJi soundlessly repeated the word. "I do have one...once. I dreamt it just like this. Handling my clothing store in Sangbum oppa's shopping mall. But now I don't feel the excitement like I should." EunJi lowers her chin touching the surface of her desk and sighs. 

"Everything has changed."

Mr.Kim hands his handkerchief to EunJi. "I'm not crying, Mr.Kim." EunJi smiles. "I actually came here because I've been wondering if you're alright and it seems that you are okay." He tucks in his handkerchief back in his front pocket suit and took a seat infront of EunJi. "We've made an agreement that we're friends now." EunJi gave a big smile to Mr.Kim. She was showing how happy she is.

"EunJi, you're bluffing."

"No I'm not."

"You are too."

"Alright, i...still have this tiny bit of 'like' but the rest of it is anger."

"EunJi, i watch you grow up from a bean to a giant tree and i still...can't understand you."

"It's alright I can handle myself. And pardon me a giant tree?"

"Alright a giant flower. Nevermind, you were throwed to a hospital after having a few drinks at the bar when you saw Sangbum and your sister. Worse it was the first day of your arrival in Korea."

"I was shocked. Mr.Kim, what is there to worry? I'm getting over him."

"That's what I'm worried of 'getting'."

"Are you telling me, that you want me to push aside his offer to setup my clothing store in his building?"

"I didn't say that but it's just...I'm concerned about you."

"Sangbum and I. We're in the past. Even if we'll meet each other often after the store is complete, i don't think I can love him. He's Yuris'."

"I don't trust that guy."

Mr.Kim crosses his arms. "And why's that," asks EunJi. Mr.Kim shook his head as if he took back his words. He twitched his eyebrows, "No nothing." EunJi felt off with Mr.Kim. Usually he would answer to every question she'd ask. Even for the dumbest question like;

'Why do cats purr but humans don't ?' then Mr.Kim would answer, 'God made us without the purr sound system because He wouldn't want us to purr everytime we talk.'or 'Do you think that animals would hate us because we ate them?' He answers, "No because the animals also eat one another, fair and square.' And these were examples of her queries to Mr.Kim when she was seven. To EunJi, Mr.Kim is a very clever man indeed.

"So Just friends," Mr.Kim wanted to confirm. "Yes, absolutely. I promise." EunJi stood up from her chair and grabs her coat. "I will watch over you." "You were always watching me." Mr.Kim smiles. It sounded like a praise and so Mr.Kim felt touched. "Now sir, i would like to go home and-" EunJi's expression changes. She bits her lips and frowns. "EunJi, are alright." EunJi squeezes her eyes. "I'm fine. I guess my constipation made a 'comeback'. 

EunJi walks towards the door followed by Mr.Kim behind her. She holds her stomach and her face seemed bad. Mr.Kim holds her shoulders. "EunJi we need to see Dr.Seo." "No...I'm, " EunJi took a deep breath, "I'm okay." She stood straight as the pain withdraws. "Let's go home. I need to find my pills." "EunJi we really need to see Dr.Seo he will-" EunJi holds Mr.Kim's shoulders and looked straight into his eyes and said, "Don't worry. I'm not a little girl anymore. I'll eat the pills and go straight to bed. I won't cry like a baby if the pains hits me again. I won't whine like i used to, okay? "

After hearing EunJi Mr.Kim felt like spilling all the truths out. 'You have cancer and I do need to worry for you,' was what he would say. But seeing EunJi convincing him that she's alright made him feel that it wasn't right to tell her about the cancer. It was just not right and fair to see EunJi in this condition. Mr.Kim felt very sorry for EunJi. He always wanted her but he didn't have power to tell just like Yuri. 'When is the perfect time to tell her?', He gave a thought about that. 

"I'll send you home." EunJi smiles.


 

"I don't want to eat that!" Hae Jin, a twelve year old female patient smacks away the nurses hand which was helding a syringe containing her medicine. "I'm sorry darling but you have to eat this. Or you won't recover," said the nurse as she took another full 10ml of antibiotics as the other one has been wasted on the floor. "I said I don't want to!  If I say I don't want to then I don't want to!" Hae Jin whines.

"Oh my. Nurse, don't tell me...," "Yes, Dr.Goo she's refusing it again," said the nurse to Hara. Hara was the doctor incharge of Hae Jin as it was a test for every intern to take over one patient. "Hae Jin-sshi, you have to take this medicine it is really important for you and-" "I don't want that do you understand?! " Hae Jin was literally yelling at Hara's face. Hara wipes off her faces as it felt icky. 

"Dear, please i beg you." Hara loses to Hae Jin as usual and Hae Jin would go, "NOO!" . "Stop it." Hae Jin stopped as she heard a hoarse voice. Inguk was standing at the door of the patients room. All eyes were on him. "You better stop this act and eat your medicine." "I don't want to and you can't make me!" Inguk approaches Hae Jin at her bed. "Why?"

"Because you... you just can't! You,you cornflower!"

Inguk laughs and that made Hae Jin weird. "Nurse, don't give her any medicine after this." "What?" Hara was shocked with what she just heard from Inguk. "Don't be surprised,  your Hae Jin here already made it clear that she doesn't want to take any of her medicine. And I see how wasted are the ones which has fallen on the floor. And her meals starting today give her deserts. Lets see her die of diabetes." Inguk made his way to leave." Hara was dumbfounded, terribly shocked and so was Hae Jin. 

"Wait!" Hae Jin yells to Inguk. He turns to look at her. "I'll take my medicine." Inguk smiles. Hara was surprised to see Hae Jin change. In a quick time too. "Now, shall we start with ice cream?" says Inguk. Hae Jin twitches her eyebrows and scratches her head as she was weird of Inguk. "Goo Hara-sshi," Dr.Choi saw what happened and called Hara out of the room to have a talk as it looks like Hara couldn't handle her one patient, Hae Jin. Leaving, Inguk amd Hae Jin both alone.

"Want to grab ice cream?" Inguk offers Hae Jin.

A few minutes later they both were shoving their ice creams in their mouths. "Who are you?" Hae Jin asks. "Dr.Seo," responded Inguk. "I've never seen you before," she continues as she es her straberry ice cream. "I'm a surgeon. I don't go around children wards except if there's any cases related to the surgery." Inguk finishes off his ice cream in one bite.

"So there were someone in this ward who..." Inguk nods. Hae Jin looks down. "Hey, what's wrong?" "When am i going to be open up?" Inguk could see Hae Jin was worried about herself. "Before that tell me why you're such a trouble maker here." Hae Jin looks at Inguk and hands her ice cream to him. After giving it to Inguk, Hae Jin lays back on her bedand pulled the covers up to her face.

"I don't want to tell." Inguk finishes her ice cream then throws it in the dustbin near him. "You don't need to tell me anything. What I know, all of us around you are here to make you better." Hae Jin peeks through the cover, "I don't have any friends. I'm an orphan. No one cares for me..." Hae Jin weeps. "You know what, you're guardian who manages your orphanage sent you here because she worries about you."

"No. She sent me to die here. Look at me I have cancer. I know I won't make it."  Inguk holds her hands. "Hae Jin, i promise you'll be fine when all of this is over." "I'm scared. The surgery room is cold and scary," she sobs. "It's alright tobe scared. I'm always scared when I'm in that room." Hae Jin shooks her head to Inguk's statement. "No you can't. You're a doctor."

"Even doctors are scared dear...even doctors." Inguk calmed Hae Jin. "Do i have to take my medicine?" "Do you want to be opened up earlier?" Hae Jin shook her head again. "So please be an angel and follow whatever Dr.Goo and the nurses tells you to do." Hae Jin looks down. "Now that cornflower you called me awhile ago," Inguk wanted to make things brighter. "I'm sorry. It was the nicest thing i could say. You're good looking so its better if i swear you 'cornflower' than garbage or rascal." 

Inguk shook his head slowly. "And they say you're just twelve." Hae Jin smiles at Inguk and lowers her head again. "You remind me of someone." "Who? is she beautiful?  if she is than i must be beautiful too for you to remind her." Inguk smiles. "Your curiosity is just like hers. Oh, it's time for me to go."

"Sure, leave me...like everyone does."

Hae Jin digs herself back in the covers. Inguk sighed as he sees Hae Jin gloomy. "Hey kiddo," he calls her. "What?" Hae Jin whispers inside her covers. "You know what, I'll be there." Inguk the stood up to leave. "Wait!" Hae jin shrieked. "Be there what?" "Your big day. I'll fix you." Inguk eyes sparkles and it gave hope to Hae Jin. "Promise me," said Hae Jin. "In turn, you'll be good?" Hae Jin nods quickly. "I can't promise you'll absolutely recover, you know?" Inguk tells her the truth before there'd be broken hearts.

"I know but atleast you're there and I'm alive. Thank you for appearing and be my friend today. And the ice cream," Hae Jin talked so soft. As if it looked like she had two types of people in her body, one is a fierce lion and another is a soft lioness. Inguk had seen a lot of patients who makes trouble around the hospital mostly among kids but they are easy to be tamed. Just like Hae Jin, Inguk could sense it from the beginning she had stuffs on her mind.

'She's intelligent', thought Inguk.  Hae Jin does connects with EunJi for some point of view they do seem likely. The difference would be that Hae Jin knows what she's facing but EunJi doesn't.  Inguk left Hae Jin room with full of thoughts on his mind. "How am i going to inform EunJi?" he whispers to himself.