012

「 the pain , the cure , the love 」

EunJi slowly blinks her eyes to ge herself back to normal. She holds her lips. "Oh no," she said. EunJi looks around. Inguk already left and the door was open ajar. She finally could breathe. "Why did he do that?Oh no...No he can't..," EunJi shooks her head confused. She looked at the piece of paper which she drew a sketch of Inguk's smiling face when he was bragging about Queen Elizabeth. "You...Who are you?" EunJi took the paper,crumpled it and threw it into the dustbin. She then quickly leaves the room.


 

"Dude what happened back there?," asks Jae Hee. "Don't.  Just eat," said Inguk sipping his orange juice. "You did something big right?" Inguk choked. "Woah buddy here," Jae Hee passes a tissue to Inguk. Inguk wipes his mouth. "How was it?" "What?" Inguk looked at Jae Hee who was smiling. "You...kissed her right?" Inguk gulps. His eyes started running to other places. "Caught you red handed.Man,your face expression tells everything," Jae Hee laughed. "All for the patient, 'Park Tae Woo'. Gosh you're funny," Jae Hee laughed hard.

"Okay i lose, with you i can't seem to hide anything," Inguk sighed and continued drinking his orange juice. "It's funny though, your exression right now was exactly the same when you did it with Dr.Jung," said Jae Hee while feeding himself with fries. "Ouch!" Jae was being abused by a spoon that came flying to his forehead. "What was that for?" Jae Hee sulks to Inguk. "Me and Yuri, there's nothing alright," said Inguk with a serious tone.

"I don't get it though. How could she not see you. You obviously showed your affection towards her," said Jae Hee. "This is why she's so not like you. Yuri is a hardworking doctor. She's busy to be inlove," answered Inguk. "But that was back then. She's now married. A great doctor but she retired after she got married. Who's the guy though? I didn't get to go to her wedding ceremony,"said Jae Hee. "Kim SangBum." "No way," Jae Hee was surprised. Inguk looked at him with a confused expression. 

"There was a small rumour about miss top designer was in an affair and he's the guy. It didn't lasted long though. It was said that EunJi told the media(when she was in N.Y) she'd be coming back to see her love one here. Then nothing," Jae Hee explained. "That guy married her sister. The end," Inguk took some fries and puffed it in his mouth. "No way. This is WOW," Jae Hee smiles widely. "Don't you dare think-" "Yes, and it's good news for you lad," Jae Hee claps his hands infront of Inguk.

"I am not going to fell inlove with her," Inguk smirks. "Reason?" Jae Hee asks. "First, she's nuts when she gets drunk. Second, she was the little girl who stopped me from going to school. Jae Hee, i got beaten up by fly swatter by four ahjummas! The neighbourhood thought i was a bad guy, can you believe that??" Jae Hee nods,"Kinda agree with them." Inguk flicks his head. "See you're a bad guy," said Jae Hee rubbing his poor forehead.

"Another reason is...she still loves him," Inguk whispers. Inguk felt annoyed mentioning SangBum's name. For a second he felt jealous. "Dude, you don't need to fall for her, because you already are," Jae Hee then flicks Inguk's forehead. "Ouch," cried Inguk. "This is called counterattack," Jae Hee giggled. "I don't like her. She's not my style. Just look at her, she's so-" "Beautiful," Jae Hee sarcastically laughs. "Hey watch it," Inguk protests. "Let's be honest. When?," asks Jae Hee and folded his arms.

"Just now. When she started leaning her face near me," Inguk gulps and runs his eyes from Jae Hee. "You jerk, I can say you're a ert," Jae Hee made fun of Inguk. "Jae she's suffering cancer," Inguk continues. "What? No way...so,let me guess you decided to make her happy after she lost her boyfriend to Yuri by falling inlove with her, faking-ly?" Inguk nods. "Dude, you know you can't do that. You're an absolute playboy. My lord, Seo Inguk are you my friend for real? Since when did you had dirty ideas to do that?" Jae Hee scolded off Inguk.

"It was just for a while so that i could then inform her about her cancer. That idea just popped in my mind. But i haven't done anything yet. I didn't mean to hurt her, serious talking right now," Inguk was taken-aback with Jae Hee. "But in dramas guys doing like that will eventually fall for the girl,you know." Inguk looked at Jae Hee and laughs. "No, i may have suddenly kissed her but I'm sure i won't go further," said Inguk confidently. "If i was you i won't be that confident. I bet my life, that you'll have these weird feeling for her someday," Jae Hee sips his drink.

"You're wasting your time betting your life. It was just a sudden kiss that means nothing to me," said Inguk. "Didn't you said that you fall for her the minute she leaned her face near you?" Jae Hee took out evidence to show Inguk that he knows Inguk is slowly liking EunJi. "That was just for a second. Now that I'm thinking of it, maybe it was part of my game to make her fall for me. She'll forget SangBum,be happy and then I'll just have to tell her about her cancer, the end." Jae Hee flicks Inguk's forehead harder than the last time.

"It doesn't works out like that you know. You'll make her broken in the end. Even if you tell her and she does the operation, she survives, then you leave her. She's going to just die,peacefully then facing the fact you lied to her about loving her," Jae Hee gave a long speech. "Then how does it work? I don't want to make her scarred. I was thinking that the end would be happy," said Inguk. "Here's hows its going to work, you ignore her-you quietly grow affection for her without you knowing you have-you tend to make her turn to you- you start getting those love feelings-you want her," said Jae Hee.

"And that's my friend, how the story works out." Inguk smirks. "Seriously? " Jae Hee nods,smiling. "Okay, I need to go back to work. The hospital needs me," said Inguk standing up to leave. "Hey buddy," calls Jae Hee. Inguk looks at his besfriend. "I'll be rooting for you," Jae Hee giggles.  "Yeah,right. I'll see you at work tomorrow,"said Inguk and left the restaurant. "You're in big trouble. Won't fall for her. Jeez, you'll see, Inguk. Just wait," whispers Jae Hee to himself while looking at Inguk leaving.


 

"EunJi, you're home," EunJi was surprised to see Yuri infront of the doorhouse. "Don't look at me like that, its my house too you know," said Yuri. EunJi smiles and went inside. "Whats brings you here,sis?" Mr.Kim then showed up. "You're home," he says. "Yes i am home what's the matter?" EunJi walks up to the starcase to go upstairs. "EunJi, you walked out of the house so suddenly. Mr.Kim couldn't find you anywhere," tells Yuri. "I'm sorry Mr.Kim about earlier. No worries now,I'm back home," EunJi smiles. Mr.Kim gave her a smile too. "Yuri, you didn't have to come here. I'm fine. I'm not a little girl anymore," continued EunJi.

EunJi somehow felt annoyed with her sister. It felt like if she couldn't have the power to take away SangBum from Yuri, so maybe she should not see her sister often. But EunJi knows that it is a wrong thing to do. She can't hate Yuri or either blame her. EunJi closes her eyes for a second to not let her anger comes out. 'I need to let go of SangBum, I need to, he's Yuri eonni's now,' whispers EunJi's heart.

"EunJi-ah," call Yuri. "Me and SangBum are worried of you. What's the matter really?". The minute Yuri mentioned 'SangBum', EunJi felt angry. She bit her lips. 'worried of me?,' she thought. "I'm alright,sis.Really." EunJi continues her foot steps up the staircase. "Eun-" Mr.Kim holds Yuri's shoulder and shook his head. "She's tired," said Mr.Kim to Yuri, trying to give EunJi space.

After EunJi was unseen, Yuri asked Mr.Kim what was actually happening. "I'm sorry Yuri, but i have to say that there is nothing wrong with EunJi," lied Mr.Kim. He didn't wanted to make things get worst. Its better that he keeps it to himself. To Mr.Kim, SangBum is a nice guy. He knows SangBum was EunJi's first love. Mr.Kim infact made an investigation about the guy when he first saw EunJi walking home from school with SangBum back in when they were in highschool.

At that time,  Yuri wasn't in Korea. She was always busy flying abroad. Now that SangBum is Yuri's husband, Mr.Kim could not say anything but to just remain quiet like he always do. The other day that made him question EunJi was because he felt bad for her and he didn't wanted EunJi to cry because of SangBum. Mr.Kim really cares for EunJi.Infact, Mr.Kim pays attention more to EunJi than Yuri. Yes, there were no problems when EunJi was dating SangBum, Mr.Kim knows that everything was perfect until now.

As a driver and the caretaker of the Jung's, Mr.Kim would not want to see Yuri and EunJi fight. He trusts that EunJi would not want that to happen too. Mr.Kim believes that how much pain and anger EunJi is towards Yuri's marriage with SangBum, he knows EunJi has a strong heart, she'll overcome it somehow. Mr.Kim wasn't worried just for that, he was also secretly worried about EunJi's health too.

"I think..." Yuri looks at Mr.Kim. "I think we need to talk about EunJi's can-" Yuri covered Mr.Kim's mouth and looks around if EunJi was near. "Mr.Kim, why all of a sudden?" Mr.Kim takes Yuri to the study room. As soon as the two went in, Mr Kimshuts the door. "Yuri-sshi, I'm sorry to have said that outloud," said Mr.Kim. "What is it you wanted tell me," she gets to the point. 

"I've went to Dr.Seo with EunJi and he told me it's getting bigger. It'll be worst if it affects the other lung." Yuri sighed unbelievably.  She walked around the study room with arms crossed. "Did you tell her?" "No, it's still a secret," said Mr.Kim. "Did she stopped taking her pills?How long did she stopped?" asks Yuri. "EunJi did say her stomach was fine so she stopped talking up those 'pain killers'. I'm not sure how long she stopped."

Suddenly a message pop'd in Mr.Kim's hand phone. "I'm afraid she can't go see the Queen," Mr Kim looks st Yuri. "What do you mean, its her dream to-" Yuri stopped as Mr.Kim shows the message he got from Inguk. 'EunJi needs to be opened up to remove and to make a new lung transfer on 26th September'. Yuri's eyes turn red. "Is it really that bad?" Mr.Kim nods. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? Mr.Kim why did you-" Mr.Kim hugs Yuri as she cries. "I can't lose her," Yuri cries. "There's always hope," said Mr.Kim trying to console Yuri. "I'm a doctor, Mr.Kim. I know that...." "I'll arrange an appointment with Dr.Seo," Mr.Kim pats Yuri's back.

"I'd give her everything,Mr.Kim..." says Yuri. Mr.Kim's eyes went teary. He knew what EunJi wats most right now. But could Yuri give EunJi if she asks for SangBum? It was terrible to see EunJi suffer cancer and also was being sad becausd of SangBum. It was also hard to see Yuri's care for EunJi , that she'd say she'll give herittle sister everything. It would be nice, if someone walked into EunJi's life and change all these sorrowful moods. 'She needs to have happiness' , thought Mr.Kim.