|| Twenty Four ||

Take Me To Neverland: Tinkerbell's Story

“So where do I start?” Jinri said as soon as she arrives at their meeting place, the bubble tea shop.

“Woah, wait a minute woman. Can we at least get our orders first before you attack me with your questions?” Luhan grinned at her.

“Oh, yeah right. Sorry, I’m a bit excited you know. I have a lot of questions to ask, about my past, I mean our past. And you know about the two of us.” She replied. “Okay get our order. Winter melon for me, I bet you know that already.” She said as she gave Luhan a wink.

Luhan frozed.

“Hey, take our order now! I can’t wait to ask my questions.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Luhan gave a salute to Jinri.

And Jinri laughed.

 

“So yeah, can I start now?”

“Yes you may.” Luhan said as he scanned Jinri’s face.

It’s been a long time since he takes a look at Jinri’s beautiful face.

“Hey, why are you looking at me like that?”

“I missed you.” Luhan replied.

“I know. I missed you too.” Jinri answered, with her cheeks burning and turning into a red tomato.

“Okay, I’ll start. First, why did you leave me back then?”

“After your mom brought you to the hospital, I left. I was forced to leave. I actually don’t want to leave just until I know your okay at least, but my parents forced me. More like, they kidnapped me. And I just my found myself at my homeland, China the day after. On my first year there I rebelled. No, that’s not so called rebellion but more like it, I don’t leave my room, I’m always stuck there, I don’t eat too much, I don’t interact to people, I won’t even talk to my own parents. I hate them to death that I don’t want to talk to them. I hate them for getting me away from you. I’m so embarrassed of myself and I hate myself that time too. I’m living like a hell. I’m so angry at myself, I don’t even know if you’re okay or not, if you’re alive or not. I feel like it’s my entire fault which is really true. I even tried to kill myself but maybe it’s just the fate that bound me not to die maybe because we’re meant to see again, to continue our story and make our happy ending.” He said.

“Few years passed by like that, me living my life as hell and then I met Ha Na. Our parents arranged a marriged for us. She’s nice and good. She’s bubbly and she’s also beautiful just like you. She is the one I always talk to when I have problems. She is the only one I trusted. I also don’t know why and how but we eventually became friends. She’s the one who thought me to have hope. And almost all of our chats are all about you. I told her everything about you, how much I like you, how much I love you, how much I miss you. Yes, I’m so selfish not even recognizing her feelings. I’m so cruel that I didn’t even remember that we’re arranged to be married. But you know, she doesn’t react. She just listens to me and even gives me advices. I’ll be lying if I’ll tell you that I didn’t try to love her. I tried once, I tried to love her and to completely forget you but it doesn’t work. My mind and my heart always shouts your name, it’s still beats for you at the end of the day. It’s still you whom I love, it’s still you whom I want to be with. She’s a nice girl, she set me free. She broke up with me and told my parents that she didn’t want me, which is all a lie. She lied just to set me free. She came here to Korea too, just a month ago. She asked me if we could go back to what we are. But I couldn’t. It’s still you whom I really love. But I stayed for her, the worst part there is, I saw her die. Did you know what her last words are? She said that I should fight for you. She said that I should follow my heart.” And Luhan smiled.

“That’s so nice of her.” Jinri replied back.

“One thing I realized is that, you may not know if maybe today or tomorrow, your love one will be gone. So you should make out of it while you were together. And so, I’m not leaving you again, Jinri. Let’s be together again. I know nothing lasts for forver but we’ll make the best out of everyday when we’re together.  I won’t be a coward like before, I’ll fight for you. I won’t be afraid now. Sorry for everything. Sorry for causing you too much pain. Sorry for being a coward—“

“Shh, it’s okay now. Yes, I forgive you now.” Jinri said as he pressed one of her finger to luhan’s lips, to shut him down.

“Thanks.” He smiled.

“Next question, if you knew me already why are you so cold towards me the first day we met? I mean you know at the date thingy.”

“Did you know that it’s not the first time we met? I mean the first time we met again?”

“What are you talking about?”

“We first met when we bumped into each other. I don’t really know it’s you so I reacted a bit rude, I’m sorry. And we met again at the bubble tea shop you know, I’m the taro guy. I’m such an idiot that I didn’t even recognize that it’s you. You’ve changed so much. I mean you got prettier than before and a bit harsh too.” Luhan teased while Jinri’s mouth is like “O”. She’s so shocked that he didn’t even realize that it’s her idol. Maybe that’s why he’s voice is familiar. God.

“At the lotte world, I still didn’t know that it’s you. I’m so idiot. I’m sorry but I think you have to know this, I even planned to make you fall for me and dump you but it seems like I’m the one who fall from my trap. And that’s it; I grew this love thingy with you. Do you remember the time when we’re trapped at some little booth? The girl whom I talked about is you. When you told me your story I kind of feel that it’s you but still, I said to myself that you’re not her because you’re different, she’s innocent unlike you. I mean you’re strong and a bit rude? I mean you know, you fight back now but the Jinri I know doesn’t fight back. I’m just too dumb not to even realize it. And when this love thing invaded me already, I said to myself that maybe I should forget her. And then when we arrive at your house, you know the day when we drive you home, that’s when I found it out. That’s it’s you. Because I didn’t forget every little thing about that house and so I found out that it’s you.  I said that I’ll come back right? That we’ll meet again? Yes, that’s the moment when I figured out that it’s you. I really hate the fact that it took me too long not to recognize you like ugh. You didn’t know how I pleased my manager just to move near your house. I made all those noises just for us to be reported and for us to move to another house. I’m great, right? I annoyed all the members so they’ll keep on shouting too. I made a lot of jokes like seriously it’s not so me but I did it just to be near you. You should thank me.” Then he smirked. “I even used my aegyo to our manager just to take the house near yours because at first he didn’t really like it because it’s far away from the building but he has no choice when it comes to my aegyo. I even treated him meat and everything, I did everything, and I can be called as slave.” Luhan explained.

 

“I don’t know how to react now, if I’ll burst into laughter because of your aegyo or if I’ll be angry because you didn’t recognize me and you even called me rude. But you know, I feel happy right now. The feeling is just so perfect. You came back and so as my memories. I’m feeling so great. But wait, how about your fans? What will happen to them? I know the feeling of being hurt because I’m a fan too but how will we—“

“It’ll be okay. Everything will be fine. I believe in my fans, it’s just that me who’s a coward. And you waited for so long too, it’s about time for us now. I’ll protect you if you’re worried about the sasaengs. But I believe them, my fans and even the saesangs they won’t do harm on you because they know that I love you. No matter how rude my saesang fans sometimes are, I know that they’ll be able to accept the fact that I’m happy with you and I know that they’ll be happy for me too. I know them. They’re just like that because they love me so much but I still believe them and I love them too even sometimes they can hurt me. They’re still my fans, my girls after all.” Luhan said.

“Your girls?”

“Ey, don’t be jealous. They’re my girls, and you’re my woman, my lady, my life, me soon-to-be-wifemy world, and my everything.”

“What the heck?! I didn’t say that I’m jealous! I’m just curious of what my girl means! You’re—“

Before she could finish her words, Luhan leaned and kissed her forehead.

“I’m sorry; I think it still isn’t the time for me to kiss your lip. Although I want it so bad, I still can control my hormones and I respect you, you know my soon-to-be-wife?”

“Can you please stop saying that soon-to-be-wife? It’s awkward and embarrassing.”

“Ok.”

 

Luhan drove Jinri home and now they already arrived at Jinri’s house.

 

“Okay, I’ll get going now. Let’s meet again, maybe tomorrow? I think I don’t have schedule at 3 pm. I’ll pick you up.”

“Wait, Luhan, I have something to tell you first. Please just listen first. Don’t talk. Don’t react. Just listen. Okay?”

“Okay?” Luhan said as he raised one eyebrow, he’s curious.

“I’m, my father is… I’m the daughter of... Lee Soo Man." she uttered.