|| Twenty One ||

Take Me To Neverland: Tinkerbell's Story

Luhan’s POV.

“Ha na, I don’t understand what you’re talking about.” I said.

“Luhan, let’s talk again tomorrow. I know you’re quiet tired so rest for now. I’ll come back again here tomorrow. Bye.” Then she left just like that.

I can’t believe these things are happening. I don’t know if Ha Na’s saying the truth or not, but knowing her she couldn’t just joke about a thing like that. CRAP. She’s dying? Why? How? My mind is just all messed up right now, I couldn’t even think straight. Ugh!

 

The Next Day….

I found myself at a coffee shop near our dorm in front of a girl whose age was about 40s maybe.

“Luhan, I’m so sorry to bother you. I know you are busy. And thank you too for lending me some of your time. I won’t make this too long; I’ll be thick faced here for the sake of my daughter, Ha Na. She has a cancer, I’m sure that she’d told you this already, she’s dying Luhan…” and tears started to roll from her eyes. “Luhan, you are the only person that Ha Na’s wishing to be with. So please do me a favor, I’m not telling you to love her but please be with her, you’re the only one that’s keeping her strong. Your name was always the topic of our conversations and I know that you know that she likes you. As a mother, I’m begging you Luhan. I’m always busy, I’m always at work. I don’t even have time to take care of my own daughter. I’m an irresponsible mother and I very well know that and so I’m doing this. For a desperate mom like me, this is the only thing I can do for my daughter. I’m trying to do my best just for the last time. I’m trying to be a responsible and caring mother which I never did back then. I really regret being a bad mother to my daughter. So please, Luhan. Please. I beg you.” She said while tears are continuous in flowing.

And that’s it. I froze, don’t know what to say, and don’t know what to reply.

Ha Na’s been a friend of mine since I’ve went back to China from Korea. She’s been always there in times of my depressions, she’s always been there in times of my happiness, in time of my troubles, and she’s just always there for me.

“I’ll do the favor.” I responded.

I don’t know if this is the right thing to do but… for Ha Na, I will do it.

“Thank you very much, Luhan. Thank you.”

 

 

No One’s POV.

 

EXO M was having their rest day today and as usual Tao is sleeping. Xiumin, the very neat oldest hyung was cleaning the dorm while Lay & Chen are busy playing video games. Luhan on the other side was busy twisting and twisting and twisting his rubix cube. And lastly Kris, he’s sitting on the sofa, thinking over something so serious. His hands are interwhined with each other, his elbows on his thighs and her head resting on her twirled hands.

“Hey, Kris seemed to be overly thinking about something, right? What’s wrong with him?” Chen whispered to Lay.

“He’s always serious” Lay responded, still eyes on the video game.

“No, it’s different. He’s been like that these past few weeks since he met Nana or more likely since the day he met Miyoung at the building.” Chen replied.

“Don’t mind his business. He probably misses his girl.” Lay said.

“You guys are so quiet; I’m not used to it. What’s wrong, huh?” Xiumin said.

“It’s because the loudest member is sleeping.” Lay replied.

“No. It doesn’t seem that way. Kris, what’s your problem?” Xiumin said.

No response from Kris.

“Kris, even you’re the leader I’m still the oldest so you don’t have the right to ignore me just like that. What’s exactly your problem?” Xiumin said, with much higher tone.

“Could you please just shut up? Can’t you see? I’m thinking.” Kris replied.

“Fine.”

The awkward atmosphere on the dorm continues just until Kris finally stood up from the sofa he’s been sitting for almost half a decade already and walks towards his room. He came out dressed up with a cap and shades.

“Where are you going?” Finally, Luhan said.

“Just somewhere.” Kris replied.

“Don’t even dare to cause trouble.” Xiumin reminded.

“I won’t.” then he left.

“He’s weird.” Chen said.

--

Kris’ POV.

I can’t take it anymore. I’m now heading to Miyoung’s place. After seeing her at the building, I suddenly missed her. I missed her scent, I missed her smile, I missed her voice, I miss everything about her. On my current state, I don’t care about how will these turns out. I don’t care about what other people will say. Just one thing I know is, I need to fight for our love, and I need to fight for her.

I found myself standing in front of their house. I don’t know what response will she give me, I don’t know if she’ll be angry, I’m 95% certain that she is. I’ve dump her and told her that it’s all about fan service and I even said that I’m dating Nana so I’m expecting that she’ll slap me, maybe? I don’t care. It’s my fault though and I deserve to be slapped even a million of times.

I pressed the doorbell and to my surprise, Miyoung suddenly came out from the door, wearing a simple pink shirt and a knee-length shorts but hell, she’s a goddess, she’s stunning with simple clothes.

And that’s it, I came here unprepared. I don’t know what to say. Holy crap.

She gave me a shocked and what-you’re-doing-here look.

“Hi.” Hell, that’s the only thing I’ve managed to say. Great, Kris. Just great.

“Why are you here?” she asked.

“Miyoung I came here because I realized that I cannot live without you. I’ve been thinking this for the past few weeks and I ended up being here. I missed you so much that I can’t even focus on my work.”

“I’m not an easy girl that you’ll easily get when you want and you’ll just dump whenever you feel like it.”

“I didn’t do it on purpose. I dump you because I love you. I’m such a coward that time that I’m so scared that you’ll be so much affected by our fans when we continue our relationship. But now I realized that I need to fight, I need to fight for you.”

“Then what about Nana? I thought you’re dating her? Is this some kind of prank or joke again? I’m so sick and tired of this. Please just stop.”

“Nana and I aren’t dating in the first place. I don’t even like her. I just made it as an excuse so I can push you away. At first, I want you to forget me so you’ll have a peaceful life but I realized that I can’t live without you. Miyoung, you’re the only girl I like and will like forever.”

“But you hurt my feelings already.”

“I’m sorry. I know that it’s my entire fault. I’m sorry for giving you too much pain. I thought letting you go will be the best thing for you so you’ll have a peace of mind but I’m wrong, I did just hurt you by doing that. I’m sorry, Miyoung. Slap me if you want.”

“Can I?”

“Sure.”

And there, she slapped me full force.

“Aw, that’s quiet painful.”

“Are you sure you’re not gonna make me cry again cause I’ll kill you if you hurt me again.”

“Is this a second chance? So do you mean…”

“Idiot.”

“I love you too, Miyoung.”

Then I smiled.

“Don’t smile, you’re not handsome.”

“What?”

“I’m kidding. Let’s go inside, it’s cold outside. I’ll prepare you some drinks and snacks.”

This is the first time I smiled again without any pain in my heart. Thank you, Miyoung. I love you. And I will protect you.

 

 

Luhan’s POV.

“Luhan, I’m scared. Do I really need to go in there? Can’t I just be with you? That room is full of a lot of lasers that’ll heat up my body. It’s kinda painful. I don’t want to go in there.” Ha Na said.

“Look Ha Na, you need to go inside.”

“Promise me you won’t leave.”

“I promise, I’ll stay here and I’ll wait for you.”

“Okay.”

Then I was left there.

I’m at the hospital today. Ha Na will be receiving treatments so she needs to be confined here so I guess I need to visit her here every day.

After few hours…

Ha Na came out while lying on the bed, she’s half awake.

“Did it go well?” I asked her.

“I obeyed the doctors since I knew you were waiting for me. Thanks to you, I want my life to be longer.”

“Then that’s good.”

It’s been almost 2 weeks since I’m in and out of the hospital visiting Ha Na. I’m quiet thankful that the hospital that she’s checked in was a little far away and private. Fans won’t notice me here. I’m also glad that Ha Na was taking her medications regularly.  She’s also getting her treatments and therapies done. I’m glad that she’s easy to convince in doing these and that.

Today, I have my schedule. I’ll be guesting on one variety show, alone without my members. I don’t know but they want me to do it alone but since my manager accepted it I don’t have the right to reject it. So here I am on my way to the place where shooting will be held. I already texted Ha Na saying that I may come late due to my schedule and she said that she understands.

 

 

Kris’ POV.

I’m with Miyoung today and we’ll be having a date at the hospital. What a pretty date isn’t it? I already told her about Ha Na’s current situation and I also told her that Luhan’s been busy nursing Ha Na. She seems to be quiet angry, she said that when it comes to Ha Na Luhan have time but when it comes to Jinri, he don’t have. So we just decided to go to the hospital.

Hospital..

“Hey, get well soon.” I said. I don’t really know how to comfort a dying a patient, sorry for that.

Miyoung was just beside me, examining Ha Na.

“What brings you here? And who’s this girl? Your girlfriend?” Ha Na asked.

“Yeah.” I replied.

“Hi, my name is Miyoung. Can I ask you something? Are you really sick or are you just making this stuffs so you can be with Luhan?” Miyoung out of nowhere said.

“Miyoung, that’s a bit rude.” I scolded her.

“I’m sorry. I’m just envious of you. Look, my friend Jinri  is the girl that Luhan likes, she’s waiting for Luhan for almost a year already. She didn’t even have a chance to talk to Luhan but you, Luhan is taking care of you. You’re lucky while my bestfriend is the one suffering.”

“Oh, so you’re friends with Jinri.”

“You know her?” I asked.

“Yes, Luhan had been talking about her lately. You know I envied that girl, Luhan likes her so much. How I wish I was her. It somehow hurts me every time he’ll open a topic about that Jinri girl. She’s so lucky. Luhan being by my side doesn’t mean that his mind was focused on me as well; I know that she misses Jinri a lot. I know that he’s physically with me but his mind was somewhere with Jinri. Back then in our childhood days, there was a girl which Luhan really liked. That girl became his friend before me. He met that girl before he came back from China. Back there, I started to like Luhan. He’s a very caring and sweet boy. With that personality, I assumed that he liked me as well but I’m wrong his mind was somewhere with the girl she first liked. I let him go because I know she likes someone else and he went back to Korea to train. Few years later I was diagnosed to have a heart cancer, the doctor said that it’s already in stage 4, it’s not easy to treat, more like, I only have few chances to live so I asked my parents I f I could follow Luhan here, and here I am, I found out that Luhan have a girl that he liked. Maybe I’m really destined to be late always; I always come when he likes someone already. How I wish I came first before he met her but there’s nothing I can do about that. For now, I know that I only have few days left as a matter of fact, the doctor said that I just have 1 week to live, I want Luhan to be by my side just until I pass, so please lend me Luhan first. I know I’m cruel, I’m selfish but I’m just so desperate so please I beg you guys, just that one week and I’ll be grateful for that.” And tears suddenly rolled up from her eyes but still trying to smile.

I just can’t believe what she just said. She only has a week to live? Is she serious? How can she even manage to force a smile? I know that it’s hard and painful for her.

“I’m sorry to judge you.” Miyoung said, with awful eyes.

“I’ll pray for you.” I said.

And that day ended just like that, I can’t still believe what I’ve just found out. I pity Ha Na a lot; I hope God will give her more strength to live her remaining days to the fullest.

 

A week later…

Luhan’s POV.

“Luhan, take me to the hospital's garden. I want fresh air to breath.” Ha Na said.

“Sure.”

I took her to the rooftop while she’s on her wheelchair. The rooftop was where the garden is located. She looked so pale and weak today but maybe because she’s just tired.

There was a comfortable silence filling the space within us the moment we reached the garden. Ha Na was busy enjoying the beautiful scenery. I can’t help it but to be amazed on how she still manage to smile even I know she’s been experiencing a lot of pain. She’s really strong and I admire her for that.

“Luhan…” she whispered.

“Hm?” I hummed.

“Do you still remember the day I confessed that I like you? It’s also at the garden. I remembered your mouth shaped like “O”, you didn’t expect it right?”

I just smiled. She still remembers it?

“Luhan, thank you for this past weeks that you’re tolerating me, thank you for not leaving me and for being here with me. I’ll really be grateful to you. Luhan, can you please hug me for the last time?”

“Huh?“ my feet automatically walk towards her and I just found myself hugging her.

“Luhan, I’m really thankful that you’re here until now. This day, at this garden, I’m letting you go. I know that you really like Jinri. Fight for her, don’t be coward you idiot! I’ve sacrificed just for the two of you so please promise that you won’t waste it. Luhan, take care of yourself, okay? Don’t even dare to forget me. And one more thing, please tell mom that I love her so much.”

“Ha Na, don’t say stuffs like that. I feel like you’re going somewhere and leave.”

“I’m saying this just in case this is the last time.”

“Don’t say that.”

“Luhan, come here. Hold my hand, please?”

I gently held her hand and she gripped it tightly.

“Luhan, fight for Jinri and be happy. Follow your heart. Farewell my friend.”

And with those words, she slowly closed her eyes and I found myself hysterical in front of an operating room.

My mind was so messed up but I can still understand what the doctor’s saying….

 

 

 

 

She’s dead.

 

That’s it. Tears started streaming down from my eyes.

 

 

Good bye, my friend. Goodbye, Ha Na.