Blind?

Destined

---Hani's POV---

"I can't find anything wrong with you.. I guess I'll have to refer you to the hospital. I'll write you a referal letter. You can collect it at the counter later." The doctor said after he did some examination on me. "Okay, thank you." I smiled and left the room. After I collected my referal letter and paid for the consultation, I headed towards the hospital. I've already been to the hospital thrice this year already. I was walking towards the counter when I started to look into for the referal letter in the bag. "I'm sure I placed it in here.." I muttered as I dug through my bag. "Where the hell did I put it?" I was too focused on looking for the letter that I bumped into someone and coffee spilled over his coat. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!" I bowed several times then took out tissues from my bag. "Here." I handed him the tissues and he took them. "It's okay." He said as he tried to wipe off the stain. My phone started to ring and I took it out from my pocket, realising that the letter was also in my pocket. Silly me. I bowed to the person again as I picked up the call and walked away. "Oppa?" I chirped into the phone when Sungkyu oppa called. "Hey! What are you doing?" He asked. "Uh.. Just lazing around." I lied. I didn't want him to worry about me. "Oh.. I- Oh wait, I got to go, call you later!" He said and we hung up.

After a whole body check up, which include X-Rays and what not, I was called into the consultation room again. "Doctor, what's wrong with me?" I asked her as she looked at the documents with a frown. "Have you had any accident recently? Or did you bump your head into something?" She asked. "Uh.. I had an accident recently." I replied. "I'm sorry to say but you have a blood clot pressing on the nerves in the brain because of the trauma recently." She said. "Blood clot..?" I gasped. "Yes. That's why you have dizzy spells and blurred vision. You may need a surgery to remove the clot." She smiled empathetically. "So after the clot is removed, everything will be back to normal?" I asked. "I'm afraid not. Since it's pressing on the nerves, there is very high chance that there will be complications.." "Complications like what?" "You might.. Have permenant or partial blindness." She frowned. "You mean.. If the surgery fails, I might lose my eyesight?" I asked, tears starting to form in my eyes when she nodded. "And if I don't have the surgery?" "You might have dizzy spells for life, and if it worsens, you might be permenantly blind." She said. 

"I might be permenantly blind.." Tears flowed down uncontrollably as I sat down on the staircase. "Sung- Sungkyu oppa.." I covered my mouth, trying to stop myself from crying too loudly. "I'm going to be blind either way.." I sobbed. 

 

---Hyungsik's POV---

I was at the vending machine when someone bumped into me and coffee spilled over my coat. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!" She bowed several times and handed me tissues. "It's okay." I said as I wiped off the stain. Her phone rang and I looked up and saw her. It's her. The girl from yesterday. She didn't look up at me and bowed before leaving. "Oppa?" She chirped into the phone. Why is she here? Is that her boyfriend or brother that called? "Aish!" I messed up my hair. Why am I thinking so much about her? I don't even know her name!

"You'll now be attached under Doctor Kwon. She's at level 2." Doctor Cho said. "Arasoyo, thank you for your guidance." I bowed and left. "Doctor Kwon.. " I finally found her room and was about to knock on the door when someone opened the door and rushed out. "Hey, isn't that the girl?!" I didn't know why but I started chasing after her. She ran to the staircase and I followed quietly. "I might be permenantly blind.." I watched as tears flowed down her cheeks. "Sung- Sungkyu oppa.." She cried, covering with her hand to prevent herself from crying out loud. "I'm going to be blind either way.." She sobbed. I rested my back on the wall as I hear her weep. I was hurting inside, I didn't know why but I hurt so much when she cried. I hurt even more to know that she's suffering so much. When she left, I clenched my fists and punched the wall in frustration. "Why does it have to happen to you?" I messed up my hair.

After I calmed myself down, I went back to Doctor Kwon's room. "Anyeonghaseyo, Doctor intern Park Hyungsik imnida." I bowed. "Oh, anyeonghaseyo. I'm doctor Kwon. Hmm, I'll let you be in-charge of this patient. Take a look at her case file, she'll be coming back for her follow up 2 days later." She smiled and handed me the file. "Okay, thank you." I bowed and started reading the file. Choi Hani, 18 years old. Blood clot in the brain, scheduled for surgery 1 month later. "Why wait for another month?" I muttered. "She said she have some things to do before the surgery, you do know the complication right?" She asked without looking up at me. "Yea, I know. Partial or permenant blindness." I replied. Then it strucked me; blindness.. Could it be? That girl.. 

 

---Hyemi's POV---

"Ara ara! Next week, I remember! I won't forget!" I groaned into the phone. Woohyun oppa have been calling me 15 times for the past hour just to remind me that we'll be meeting his parents next week. "Don't forget!! Oh! I got to go! Bye love!" He cooed. "Bye oppa!" I chuckled and hung up the call. "He's so annoying, right?" I nudged Hani and she snapped out of her thoughts. "Bwoh?" She looked at me confused. "Nothing much. Why are you blanking out so much since you came home? Where did you go?" I asked as I massaged her shoulders. "Uhh.. Nothing much. I just went out for a walk." She shrugged and placed her hands on mine, stopping me. "Hyemi ah.." She turned to face me. "What if.. What if one day I fall sick. And it's those serious kind of illness. What will you do?" She asked. "Well.." I tapped my fingers on my chin. "I'll cry a river first then I'll quit my job and take care of you?" I smiled. "But.. Aren't dancing your dream?" She tucked strands of hair behind her ear. "You are much more important to me." I tapped her shoulder. "YA! What's wrong with you? Are you sick or something?" I placed the back of my arm on her forehead and neck to feel the temperature. "A-ani!" She awkwardly chuckled. "I'm just curious!" She laughed and hurriedly walked into her room. Why is she acting so strangely since she came back home?

 

(2 Days later)

---Hani's POV---

"Anyeonghaseyo!" I bowed as I entered the room. My eyes widened when I saw another guy in the room together with Doctor Kwon. "Hani-shi, please take a sit." He smiled. Hey, isn't he the guy that helped me at the convenient stall? "Hani-shi, I'm doctor intern Park Hyungsik, I'll be attached under Doctor Kwon and will be taking over your case." He smiled. "Don't worry, I'll be watching him." Doctor kwon winked and I chuckled. They did some routine checks and asked me a few more questions before telling me to come back again next week for follow up. "Why do I have to come back so frequently?" I frowned. "We're afraid that your condition might worsen. Unless you want to be hospitalised?" Doctor Park smiled warmly. "No, it's okay." I said quickly. I need more time to think whether I should get the surgery done or not. "Thank you for today." I bowed and left the room. I happened to bump into someone and my report flew all over the place. "I'm really sorry!" I bowed and started picking up my report. "Hani?" She said and I turned to look at her. "Min- Minah-shi.." I stuttered. To be honest, i was still traumatised by her. I just knelt there, staring at her with my eyes widely opened as she scanned through one piece of paper in her hands. "You have a blood clot in your brain?" Her eyes softened. I cleared my throat before standing up and faced her. "Yes.." I replied and took back the paper from her before placing my report into my bag. "Let's talk, okay?" She smiled and I nodded before following her to a nearby cafe. 

"I see.." She nodded when I told her the entire story. "Does Sungkyu oppa know about this?" She asked and I froze. "He doesn't, right?" She smiled and I nodded. "You're doing the right thing, Hani." She placed her hand on my shoulder and squeezed a little. "What do you mean?" I widen my eyes in confusion. "I know I must be super mean to say this.. But don't you think that you might just be a burden to him." She said and I clenched the hem of my skirt in my hands. "Sungkyu oppa's an idol. He's already having a slightly harder time when he have a girlfriend. If you're blind, he's going to have an even harder time." She said. She's right, I'm just going to be a burden for Sungkyu oppa.. "Hani? Hani!" She waved a hand in my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes, sorry." I smiled. "I like still like Sungkyu oppa." She suddenly said. "Sorry?" I blinked my eyes a few times to register what she just told me. "I still like Sungkyu oppa and I can take care of him." She smiled and patted my hands. She still likes him.. She will be able to take care of him much better than I will. The only way for Sungkyu oppa to be happy is to have a relationship with no burden.. And Minah will never be a burden to Sungkyu oppa like me. Sungkyu oppa will be much happier with her. "I'm sorry, I have to go." I stood up abruptly and was about to leave when she gripped my hand. "This is my name card." She slipped a name card into my hands before I left. 

 

 


HELLO

Please remember to leave some comments!
Hope you all enjoyed my update! :D

Many loves, 
Inspiritsoul