Chapter 6

Unexpected Drama

 

It’s been two weeks since I’ve officially moved into SHINee’s dorm and I’ve been busy with preparations. I’ve been having dance lessons, vocal training, photo shoots, meetings about developing my songs, and even what my stage name will be. I can’t reveal my stage name until closer to the day of my debut which still has not been decided on. I haven’t really got to hang out with SHINee that much even though we live together. We both have busy schedules, so it’s hard. Everyone leaves early and comes home late. Even when we have free days, I have mine on different days than them. SHINee and I try to hang out with whatever free time we can even if it’s when we switch out of the practice room or recording studio. With the little moments we can talk, I’ve gotten closer to everyone especially Taemin since he knows my little secret about Minho and that helped us bond.

Speaking of Minho, we have talked a few times in the two weeks even though they’re short random conversations, but I have been a little more comfortable with him. It’s not like I’ve changed completely because I’m still completely nervous around him with my heart beating fast, blushing and stuttering. Anyway, it’s the end of the day and tomorrow, SHINee and I have the day off! I’m so excited that I can’t even sleep, but eventually I did because the bed the guys got me is just way too comfortable. I wake up; take a shower, change, and head to the table where everyone is. The guys are bickering about something as usual and it’s never a quiet morning, but I like it. I sit next to Taemin and try to see what they’re trying to discuss, but ends quickly when they notice me.

“Good morning, Kate-ah!” Key chimes at me while handing me a plate of food.

“Morning! So glad I got to sleep in today haha.”

“How’ve you been with the preparations?” Taemin asks me while taking a drink of his orange juice.

“Ugh, it’s been hectic. I hardly have any time to catch my breath. I definitely needed this day off.” I reply to him.

“Haha, ne! I remember how it was like that for us before debuting. So glad that’s over and done with.” I give Onew a slight glare that didn’t help my situation. ‘Sigh, I hope I debut soon so it’s over and done with for me as well.’ We continue with our breakfast in silence until Jonghyun creates an outburst.

“Kate-ah!” He stands up from his chair before continuing, “Tell me who you favorite SHINee member is already!” Everyone sighs including me. Jonghyun has been asking the question for two weeks. ‘I guess it’s like in relationships, let one chase the other. Even if I answer, he probably won’t stop until I say it’s him haha!’

“Jonghyun-oppa, I already told you countless times that I’m not going to say who.” I tell him calmly.

He plops back in his chair doing his puppy pout sighing and then says, “…Well, how about if you tell us who you were excited to see?”

“I can’t answer that.” I state plainly.

“Why not!? It’s not the same question!” ‘Actually…it kind of is.’

“Anio, I didn’t say I won’t…I said I can’t. I can’t because I still haven’t met the person I want to see.” This then peaks everyone’s interest at the table, especially Jonghyun’s.

“Who do you want to see, Kate-ah?” Minho asks this time. All of SHINee now lean in with interest waiting for my answer with anticipation.

“……Yoogeun-ah!” I shout happily smiling at all of them. They all look surprised and happy with my answer.

“You know…we haven’t seen Yoogeun-ah for a while now.” Onew being the first one to reply to what I said.

“True! I miss him.” Taemin chimes in smiling.

“Yea! It’s time for me to get another kiss from him!” Jonghyun adds.

“Aigo! You and your skin ship!” Key yells at Jonghyun.

“Well, then how about we spend the day with Yoogeun-ah and introduce him to Kate-ah.” Minho suggests.

“Ne!” All of us say together. From excitement, we all finish eating quickly and go get ready to head out. Minho makes the call to Yoogeun’s mom that we’re coming over to pick Yoogeun up. I’m super excited to finally seeing the adorable Yoogeun that I got to see on Hello Baby. ‘I hope Yoogeun likes me. Oh my gosh! I hope I don’t squeal from seeing both Minho and Yoogeun! I remember not being able to contain my excitement whenever they were together. Minho looked so adorable with him and looks like he’s going to be a great father.’ I finish getting ready and head out with the SHINee boys to pick Yoogeun up.

We’re now at the apartment where Yoogeun and his family live at. We get to the entrance of their apartment and I decide to in the back because I’m nervous about meeting Yoogeun. They ring the doorbell and in a matter of minutes, out comes Yoogeun with his mom.

“Yoogeun-ah!” all of them shouted happily.

Minho picks him up and after a few words with his mom; they turn around and walk out of his apartment. I stay behind them watching all of them talk to Yoogeun and catching up. I can’t help, but keep staring at both Minho and him, but they didn’t seem to notice. ‘I can’t believe they look so alike! I mean on the show I thought they look similar, but in person, the resemblance is almost scary! They really look like they’re related! Ah! Minho and Yoogeun look adorable!’ We decided earlier that we would take Yoogeun to a park. Once we get there, Minho is about to let him down until he finally notices me and looks my way. They all follow Yoogeun’s gaze and they realize that they never introduced me to Yoogeun.

“Aigo! Kate-ah! Mianhaeyo! We forgot to introduce Yoogeun-ah to you!” Key is the first one to speak up.

“Gwenchana Key-oppa. I wanted to let you guys catch up with him.” I tell him with a small smile.

Minho walks in my direction with Yoogeun still staring at me and he says, “Yoogeun-ah, this is our friend, Kate-eomma. Can you say Kate-eomma?” ‘I don’t know why my heart is beating fast, from nerves that Yoogeun may or may not like me…or Minho saying Kate-eomma.’

Everyone again waits in anticipation with what Yoogeun will say and eventually he speaks, “Kate-eomma.”

I get a huge grin on my face and walk closer to him saying, “Hi Yoogeun-ah! I’m Kate-eomma.”

“Yoogeun-ah, do you like Kate-eomma?” Minho asks looking at him. Again, there’s another moment of anticipation.

“Mm.” Is the only thing that came from Yoogeun, but well all know that it means yes. I’m really happy that Yoogeun likes me and it makes me want to now play with him in the park. I then hear a comment that catches me off guard from Key.

“Yah! Look how alike Kate-ah and Yoogeun-ah are! It looks like Minho-ah and Kate-ah are really Yoogeunie’s parents!” he says while starting to laugh.

The others join in laughing and now Jonghyun teases, “Minho-ah, Kate-ah…is there something that we should know about?”

Taemin joins in saying “They look like one big happy family!”

“Where’s the camera!? This is a perfect family portrait!” Onew says finishing off the teasing.

Minho just rolls his eyes and tells them to quit it, but as for me…I’m blushing 10 shades of red and my face is so hot that someone can probably cook something off of it. I turn around so no one sees my face, ‘Does it really look like Yoogeun can be mine and Minho’s child!?’ My thoughts get interrupted when I feel something tugging on my clothing.

I look down to see its Yoogeun and he says, “Kate-eomma.”

I pick him up with my face cooling down and ask, “Hi Yoogeun-ah. Why did you come over here?”

“Minho-appa told me to go to Kate-eomma.” Yoogeun says pointing to Minho. I turn my head towards Minho to see him looking at me and giving me a smile. I smile back and get butterflies in my stomach ‘Did he know I was nervous about Yoogeun?’ Minho walks over to us with a soccer ball in his hand.

“Yoogeun-ah, do you want to play soccer?” he asks Yoogeun.

“Mm!” he responds bouncing in my arms in excitement. I let Yoogeun back down and Minho grabs his hand taking him to an open area. I walk back to the others and I see they set up a picnic blanket. Taemin and Jonghyun run over to Minho and Yoogeun to play soccer with them. Key, Onew, and I stay behind and watch them play. Jonghyun gets Yoogeun to be on his team while Minho and Taemin are on the other team ‘2Min!’

Yoogeun runs for the ball and they all teach him that he needs to kick the ball instead of carrying it. Yoogeun hardly moves the ball, but Jonghyun’s team is winning anyway because he’s using the toddler advantage. The game quickly ends when Yoogeun is more interested in playing the tunnel game which consists of Taemin and Minho actually playing it jumping over Yoogeun, while Jonghyun runs away from Yoogeun.

Jonghyun ends up coming back to the three of us and sits before he’s in danger of any more injuries from the tunnel game. The whole time watching, Key, Onew and I were cracking up at the scene. After awhile, Taemin and Minho come to us with Yoogeun all tired and worn out. Taemin sits next to me and Yoogeun is on my other side followed by Minho next to Yoogeun. We all decide that it’s a good time to have lunch and Key pulls out what he made this morning. Sad for Onew, there’s no chicken for lunch, but the food is still very tasty. Minho helps feed Yoogeun his food and I also help.

“Aw look at the eomma and appa help feeding their child!” Key exclaims. Everyone then all say “Aw” from the sight which makes me blush and draw back a little of feeding Yoogeun.

 “I think Yoogeunie should feed his Jonghyun-appa!” Jonghyun comments while leaning forward with his mouth open for Yoogeun to feed him. All Yoogeun does is stare and then look away rejecting Jonghyun. He leans back looking shocked while the rest of us laugh at Yoogeun’s rejection.

“Pabo, you did it wrong. See watch this.” Minho then demonstrates the right way after saying that. He puts a cookie in his mouth and then gestures Yoogeun to bite the other half, but Yoogeun rejects him too.

“I think the parents should feed each other to show Yoogeun-ah how to do it.” Taemin says smirking. With that comment, I almost spit out my drink that I was sipping in that moment. I turn to Taemin and glare at him with my flushed face. All he does is giving me an innocent smile like he said nothing wrong.

“Ne! I agree!” Key agrees liking Taemin’s suggestion.

“Come one guys! A child only knows by examples and demonstrations.” Onew pipes up now. All of them start talking at once about how Minho and I should show Yoogeun an example which is making me get nervous with my heart rate going up.

“Aigo! Arasseo, arrasseo! Will you shut up if we do it?” Minho asks them and they all agree with a “Ne!” He then looks at me and asks, “Do you mind if we do it so these pabos can shut up?” pointing over to the four guys now smirking and snickering.

“Um…I-I guess so…” I reply nervously. Minho puts the cookie back in his mouth and he leans over to me with Yoogeun in between us. Yoogeun then looks up to see what Minho is doing. I hesitantly lean forward towards Minho and open my mouth slowly getting ready to bite the cookie. My face is flushed and my heart is beating a mile a minute. I finally bite the cookie, but I accidently bite too far in the cookie and brush my lips against his lightly. As soon as I felt the contact I pull away so fast that it makes me fall backwards onto Taemin who ends up falling too. I hear laughter coming from Onew, Jonghyun, and Key. Turning around quickly, I check to see if Taemin is ok and I just see him laughing too. I sit back up so Taemin can and I look over to Minho who’s calmly eating the half of the cookie we shared. Yoogeun is just looking around to see what’s so funny and why all his appas are laughing.

Key is the first one to talk, “Let’s see if eomma’s and appa’s example was good enough for Yoogeunie.” He grabs a cookie and leans forward in front of Yoogeun, “Yoogeun-ah, do it just like your eomma and appa showed you.” Key puts the cookie in his mouth and Yoogeun bites the other half. Everyone is surprised to see Yoogeun do it; even Minho and I are shocked.

“Looks like Kate-ah and Minho-ah are good parents!” Onew states clapping his to us.

“Ne! If Yoogeun-ah ever forgets you guys can do it again or,” Jonghyun then pulls something out, “we can show him this picture of you two doing it!”

Before Jonghyun can even react, Minho snatches the photo and runs into the open field laughing while shouting back, “You can’t show him if you don’t have it!”

“Yah! Give that back!” Jonghyun yells at Minho running after him with Onew and Key following behind. Yoogeun sees his appas running around and quickly runs over to join them. It’s now just Taemin and I left and we watch all of them run around.

“So…did you like what I did?” Taemin asks now looking over at me.

“Ne, gamsahabnida.” I smile looking over and him then frown, “Hajiman…” Taemin looks at me questioningly. I then hit him on the arm.

“Ow! What was that for!?” He asks clearly confused.

“That’s for doing it. Taemin-ah…I almost had my first kiss! I don’t want to have my first kiss forced!” I shout only loud enough so the guys running around can’t hear.

“Mianhaeyo…I didn’t think about that.” Taemin now looks sad and guilty.

I tell him, “Gwenchana. You had a good intention.” He smiles again with what I say and we both look back at the other guys now playing with Yoogeun instead of fighting over the picture. I see Yoogeun running towards Minho and him scooping Yoogeun up above his head. He’s smilingly brightly at Yoogeun who’s laughing hard and smilingly having so much fun. Minho then falls backwards playfully and let’s Yoogeun sit on his stomach with Yoogeun looking down at him still smiling. I can’t help but smile at the scene in front of me, ‘Minho is so sweet, kind, caring, and gentle towards Yoogeun. I don’t believe in perfection, but Minho seems to be coming so close to it.’

“You really like him…don’t you noona?” Taemin asks quietly.

I just do a small nod still looking at Minho and Yoogeun play saying softly, “Ne.” A few minutes after, I hear my phone ring and I look to see who it is on my caller ID. As soon as I see who it is, my eyes widen a little and I don’t pick it up, letting it ring until it stops.

Taemin looks over curiously and asks, “Who’s that noona?”

“Oh um, it’s an advertisement, I just let it keep ringing.”

“Oh, ok.”

Yoogeun now needs to go home after a long day of playing. SHINee and I all agree that today’s day off was definitely a good one. We’re walking back to Yoogeun’s apartment to drop him off. Yoogeun is next to Minho holding his hand while walking. I myself am walking a little ahead of them while the others are walking behind Minho and Yoogeun. All of a sudden, I see from the corner of my eye that Yoogeun starts walking faster trying to catch up to me while dragging Minho along with him. With his free hand, Yoogeun goes to reach for my hand and grabs it. Now, Minho and I each have one of Yoogeun’s hand and all three of us are walking together.

Minho looks down at Yoogeun who’s enjoying himself and says, “He really is cute isn’t he?”

I look at Minho first who looks at me smiling. The sun is setting and the light happens to be hitting perfectly on Minho’s face making his big, dark chocolate orbs sparkle and his skin glow. I can’t help my cheeks from getting a tint of red on them with the sight I’m seeing. I now look down at Yoogeun who’s happily walking between us and I smile saying in almost a whisper, “Ne.” We then look back forward continuing to walk. Yoogeun then pulls both Minho and I closer together. We get a little shock from the sudden jerk motion and we look back down to see what Yoogeun is doing. He’s looking up at us and then our hands.

While pulling our hands to latch together so Minho and I are holding hands, Yoogeun says, “Kate-eomma and Minho-appa hold hands.” We both are taken aback by the gesture Yoogeun has done. We’re now holding hands with each other while Yoogeun just walks in the middle looking up at both of us. ‘I don’t know what to do. If I let go, he might think I don’t like him and ruin my chances of ever being with him, but if I keep holding his hand then he might figure out that I do like him as more than a friend.’ I take a quick look behind me and all of the guys have a grin plastered on their faces, Taemin’s grin is the biggest. I look down still unsure of what to do and then I take a glance at Minho. He’s looking down at Yoogeun smiling calmly, so I assume he doesn’t seem to mind holding hands with me. ‘I guess, so long as he doesn’t pull away, its fine…I should enjoy it while I can.’ I now smile to myself that I have this moment to spend with Minho.

We finally reach the apartment after about 10mins. Minho and I held hands the whole walk, but now after dropping off Yoogeun we don’t do it again. The van pulls up to drop us off back home and the ride is stunningly quiet. I’m a little suspicious as to why Onew, Key, or Jonghyun haven’t said anything about the whole moment of us holding hands when they made a big deal about the cookie thing. ‘…Did Minho threaten them?’ I start to doze off in the van and end up leaning my head on Taemin’s shoulder and his head resting on my head. The van soon after stops in front of our dorm and we head upstairs after first Key shaking Taemin and I awake in the van. Everyone says good night to each other and then went our separate ways earning a nice rest since all of us have to go back to our busy schedules tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Learn some Korean~! ^^

Pabo - Stupid/Idiot

I realized that I never said what the endings are in the names sooo...

Sshi - What a person calls anyone when they hardly know them and needs to be formal. Kind of like Mr./Ms.

Hyung - What a guy calls another guy who is older and close to them (sibling or close friend).

Ah - What a person who is older calls a person who is younger. It doesn't matter the gender.

Oppa - What a girl calls a guy who is older and close to them (sibling, close friend, or boyfriend).

Dongsaeng - The person who is younger than the other is called this, but it's not attached to their name (use ah).

Noona - What a guy calls a girl who is older and close to them (sibling, close friend, or girlfriend)

Eomma - mom

Appa - Dad