Chapter 4

Unexpected Drama

 

It’s another day and this time when I wake up, I immediately sit up and check my surroundings to see if I’m sleeping on anyone again, not this time. I plop back down and sigh, ‘I kind of wish I did wake up to see that I slept on Minho’s lap again. Well, at least I had a nice dream about him…wait a minute.’ I then remember what happened yesterday, ‘Ah! I kissed Minho on the cheek; he did ageyo to me, AND sang me a song while giving me a flower! It wasn’t a dream!’ I put the pillow on top of my face and hold in a squeal. ‘I still need to thank Taemin for that dare he asked Minho to do.’ After my little spazz moment, I look over at the clock on the wall and see that it’s 10am. ‘At least I was able to get more sleep this time.’ I now get off the couch stretching in the process and fold the sheets putting them on top of the pillow. I walk to the closet caring the sheets and pillow to put them away.

Once I did my task, I take notice of how quite the place is, so I decide to walk to SHINee’s room and I see the door open. I take a peek inside and no one is in the room, ‘Oh yea, they said they had an early and busy schedule today.’ I’m a little upset that they’re not here because I had so much fun with them yesterday and would’ve liked to spend time with them again today, but I now have the opportunity to go out to go sightseeing. With that, I go take a shower, get dressed, eat a quick breakfast and I head out to go explore.

I had so much fun walking around today. My day consisted of going to the busy streets of Seoul, seeing a few temples, and checking out a few stores near the end. In the middle of my adventure, I went to a café and ordered a coffee with waffles since I’ve heard Korean cafés are kind of popular for them and I knew why when I took a bite into one of the most delicious waffles I’ve ever tasted. It was a fun day and now I’m back at the dorm resting my sore feet on the couch watching some television.

It’s 10pm and I already had dinner that I made for myself. The guys aren’t back yet and I kind of want to wait up for them, but I have a feeling that they won’t be coming back until late. I sigh as it gets later and later and SHINee still isn’t back at the dorm. I start to doze off with the TV still on and end up falling asleep. After about a half hour of snoozing, I feel someone shake my shoulder a little and I open my eyes to see the guys all standing up looking at me.

“Oh hey guys, did you just get back from your schedule?” I say drowsily getting enough energy to produce a small smile.

 “Yah! Did you stay up waiting for us!?” Key asks a little shocked.

“Haha, ne. I didn’t really think you would get back this late. Wait what time is it now?”

“It’s 2am.” This time Taemin speaks up.

“Oh…” Is all I can say.

Key walks towards the television turning it off while sternly saying, “Yah! Go change and get some rest!” ‘Haha, Key really is the mother in this group.’

“You should have been sleeping by now.” Onew says to me.

“Yea, don’t worry, once your schedule starts you’ll have plenty of nights to stay up.” Jonghyun adds and Minho nods in agreement with Jonghyun’s statement. Taemin looks like he’s about to fall asleep right there so all he musters up is a nod in agreement with what everyone said. I give a small smile to them all again, ‘They really care about me.’ I listen to what Key told me and went to bed after I changed into some pajamas. I go back to the living room and they’re already gone, ‘I guess they went to bed, good thing because they all looked like they were about to collapse.’ With that thought I chuckle to myself and then I see Minho walk back into the living room. The butterflies slowly start flapping their wings in my stomach. ‘Minho?? Why is he back in the living room? I thought they all went to bed.’ He walks up to me and stops when he’s just a few feet away from me.

“Please, take better care of yourself. It’s important to rest and we all want you to stay healthy.” He says looking down at me.

“O-ok.” That’s all I can say while giving a small nod since the butterflies are flapping faster in my stomach. He did a small nod and turns around to walk back into the bedroom. I stand in the same spot for a moment and I then smile to myself again.

“Gamsahabnida Minho.” I whisper to myself before I lie down and fall asleep with the same smile as before plastered on my face.

Two days pass and it’s now Friday. The guys were really busy those two days, but SHINee has today day off and right now we’re sitting at the table discussing what to do with their day off. I haven’t really seen them in those two days since they left early and came home late, but it was fine because I went out to explore. I’m excited and happy that I can hang out with them today.

“Does anyone have any ideas of what we can do today?” Jonghyun asks while shoving a piece of toast in his mouth.

“Why don’t you try thinking of something!?” Key argues with him.

“If I had any ideas I wouldn’t have asked!” Jonghyun argues back. ‘Wow, they’re seriously like an old married couple.’

“Well, I think Kate-ah should decide since this is her week to do whatever.” Taemin now speaks up. With what he said, both Jonghyun and Key quiet down which meant that they agree.

“Kate-ah, what would you like to do today?” Onew asks me.

“Hmmm…well I haven’t been to the shopping area yet.”

“That sounds fun!” Taemin gets excited from my idea.

“Um…but won’t it be difficult for you guys to walk in public?” I ask a little unsure about my idea now.

“Well, so long as we have disguises, we should be fine.” Key is now back into the conversation.

“Ok then, let’s get ready to head out!” I tell them all excited about what’s been planned for the day. Everyone is walking around getting ready and making sure their disguises are good enough. The disguises aren’t even that special, just a hat and sunglasses, pretty standard. ‘I guess, I’ll have to be in disguise when I want to walk out in public after I debut. Since that’s the case, I have to make the most of it, going in public, before debuting.’ I’m done changing and head out of the bathroom walking towards the kitchen to get some water before heading out with them. While walking there, I pass by the bedroom and just see Taemin in the room getting his things together. ‘Oh! I can thank him now since he’s alone.’ I enter the room and close the door which makes Taemin turn around getting a little startled, but then smiles seeing it’s me.

“Oh Kate-noona! Are you ready to leave?” he says to me excitedly.

“Ne, I’m ready. Um, Taemin-ah, I haven’t had an opportunity to say thank you for the dare you asked Minho a few days ago since you’ve been busy. So, um, gamsahabnida.”

“It’s no problem! Your reaction when Minho did the ageyo and sang the song was cute. Any progress with him?”

I sigh and sit on one of the beds before saying, “Well no, because you’ve all been busy so I haven’t really talked to him. Anyway, Taemin-ah, I don’t think you should try anything again. I don’t think Minho likes me in that way and I don’t want to risk him and the other members knowing about my crush. You made it so obvious with that dare and Key saved me unintentionally with his comment! Plus, I can’t even look at him without blushing.” I’m now blushing looking away from him from the last comment I made thinking about the times I did interact with him. Taemin didn’t say anything and walks over to the bed sitting right next to me.

“Kate-ah,” he says to me in a light tone which makes me turn to look at him, “Minho-hyung might not like you as more than a friend now, but I think he will. I have faith in you that you’ll get better at talking to him and I want to help in any way that I can…but I promise not to make it so obvious next time haha!” I continue to look at Taemin who has an angelic smile on his face.

I give him a hug around his neck which surprises him and say, “Gamsahabnida, Taemin-ah.”

After our hug and little talk, we walk out of the room and see everyone else waiting for us by the entrance to the dorm. We all head out and I see that no one has recognized them so far which is good. ‘They must be alert all the time when going out in public…I can see that getting kind of annoying.’ Everyone wants to go somewhere different so we decide to take turns and Key’s first. He drags me to clothes stores making me try on different things and ending up buying most of them. I did like the clothes, but I feel bad for him buying them and I tell myself later I need to owe him somehow.

Next is Jonghyun who wants to look at a pet store, which I start getting excited about since I love animals. We’re in the pet store and I run to a puppy that I think is absolutely adorable. The puppy’s Boston terrier and it reminds me of Boss, Taeyang’s Boston terrier. I continue to interact with it through the cage until all of a sudden a Beagle is inches away from the side of my face which makes me jump away from shock. I get a better look now and see that it’s Minho who held the puppy. He’s laughing at my reaction of when he put the Beagle up close, but then stops after a few seconds and just smiles.

“So you really like dogs?” He asks me. I can’t help but smile when seeing his and makes the butterflies start flying around in my stomach. ‘Taemin has faith in me and I don’t want to let him and myself down.’

“N-ne, I really like animals in general.” I then get a better look at the Beagle puppy in his hands and can’t help but smile even bigger going over to pet him. “Aigo! He’s so cute!”

“Ne, what’s your favorite breed?”

“Hm, that’s really hard to choose! They’re all so cute haha. I would have to say a Border collie, because I have one.”

“I’m guessing back in New York right?”

“Ne, I miss him, but I have pictures with me if I ever feel like seeing him.” I tell him and I’m surprisingly calm in the conversation regardless of the butterflies. I look around the store and see Jonghyun holding a puppy petting it with such a happy attitude like a child. Key is with him petting the puppy too. Taemin is with Onew petting the kitten that Onew is holding. I then see Taemin look my way and give me a grin seeing that I’m with Minho and I give him a smile back.

I go back to Minho and continue the conversation asking, “So, what’s your favorite breed?”

“This little guy right here is my favorite, a Beagle.” He smiles down at the puppy he’s holding that I’m still petting. He starts petting it with his free hand and our hands touch. I draw back a little as a reflex, but quickly go back to petting the Beagle who loves the attention. We both walk around the store and I spot a Black Labrador Retriever puppy. I pick the puppy up out of its cage and walk back over to Minho.

“I think you’re like a Black Labrador haha.” I joke with him, ‘Wow, when I’m around dogs, I get so much courage. I should be around dogs more often.’

He chuckles at my comment and replies, “Chincha? Wae?”

“Well, Black Labradors are sporting dogs and you like sports. They have big eyes like you and they’re tall like you too.” I smile at him looking away and blush a little, ‘Where the heck did I get all this courage from!?’

He chuckles and says “Hm, I guess I am like a Black Labrador. I think you’re like a…” Minho looks around while putting the Beagle down. He then walks away from me and picks up another puppy that I can’t see until he turns around walking towards me saying, “Longhaired Dachshund.”

“Wae?”

He looks down smiling once again petting it and says, “They have long hair like you and they’re short like you.” I’m a little disappointed with his answer thinking that’s all he sees in me, but then he continues, “Plus, I’ve heard they’re kind, outgoing, sociable, and fun…” Minho now looks up at me making eye contact, even though he has sunglasses on, with a smile that makes my heart melt, “like you.” I can’t think of what to say to him back, ‘He…really thinks that of me?’

“G-gamsahabnida.” I break the eye contact and look down at the Dachshund puppy in his arms blushing while also trying to steady my heartbeat. All of a sudden, Jonghyun and Key pop up from behind Minho looking down at the puppy that’s in his arms.

“Aw, look how cute it is!” Key shouts happily.

“I agree this puppy is really cute!” Jonghyun says agreeing with Key.

We exit the pet store after a few more minutes and it’s now time for Onew’s destination…lunch. He of course wants to eat at a place that has chicken and we find a place that meets his standards. I’m worried that people will recognize them, but luckily no one is paying attention to them. The meal was quick because it’s not good for them to stay in one place for long, but it was enjoyable. It’s now Minho’s turn to choose where he wants to go and he decides on an athletic store which we all kind of knew he would choose. Minho is the only one who’s really interested while the other members just walk around browsing. As for me, I take interest in the store and I come across a basketball, so I pick it up and start dribbling. The basketball disappears and I look up to see that Minho stole it.

“Yah! I was playing with that!” I shout to him trying to take it back, but no luck.

He smirks at me still dribbling and says, “You’re into basketball?”

“Ne, I like playing basketball, tennis, and volleyball, but haven’t played them in a long time.” I respond trying once again to grab the ball, but again fail.

“What about soccer?”

“Anio, I try to play, but I’m really bad at it haha.”

“Hm, I see.” He tosses the basketball to me, “Well maybe one day we should play a game of basketball.” Minho then walks away and continues browsing the store.

We exit the store after a few more minutes because the other members started to complain. Taemin and I are the last people to decide on where we want to go. We both had the same idea of where we want to go and we both shout happily, “Ice cream!!” All of us walk to the ice cream store and once we get there, Taemin and I run into the store like little kids. We both walk up to decide what flavor we want while the other guys sit down waiting for their turn. While looking, I feel Taemin nudge me on my side and I look over at him.

“So today you and Minho were talking a lot.” He whispers so no one but me hears while smirking.

“Haha, ne. I was really nervous, but I knew you believe I could do it, so I pushed through my nerves.” He grins at hearing that what he said before helped me, “Plus…the puppies helped haha!” We both laugh at my last comment.

“Yah!” Onew pops up from behind us making us jump and panic wondering if he heard any of our conversation, “What are you two laughing so hard about?” Taemin and I let out a sigh of relief, but then try thinking of an excuse for our laughter.

Taemin answers for both us, “Oh…well…um…Noona was telling me about an, um, ice cream pun that’s in English!” ‘What the heck, Taemin!?’

“Chincha? Can I hear it?”

“Um, ne, sure.” I think of a pun that has to do with ice cream ‘Oh wait…duh!’ “I scream for ice cream!” I shout in English.

Onew just stares at both of us for a second and then starts cracking up, “Hahaha! I need to remember that one! I’m going to go tell the others that pun!” He walks back to the table where the others are while Taemin and I look at each other with disbelief that the excuse actually worked. We pick our flavors and so do the rest of the members. All of us sit quietly enjoying the ice cream until we hear a complaint from Jonghyun who doesn’t have enough money to get more ice cream and starts asking each of us. Key scolds him saying that he shouldn’t have wasted his money on other stuff so he would have enough for more. Jonghyun whimpers like a puppy and Key gives in ending up sharing the rest of his with him. The rest of us laugh at the scene between the two, ‘Haha! Another JjongKey moment…why do I never have my camera!?’

After we all finish our ice cream, we decide to head back to them dorm since it’s getting late and that the later they stay out, the more at risk they are at being discovered by fans. ‘This day was great; I really wish I brought my camera so I have pictures to remember today.’ As if by cue, we all walk by a picture machine and all of us get the same idea looking at each other. We all get inside and start posing together for the pictures. Taemin is standing next to me, but I notice that he moves after the fifth picture so I’m then standing next to Minho.

Once we finish taking all 10 pictures, we go up to the machine to look and decorate them. Satisfied with our work, the pictures print out and I take them all to look at. SHINee stands around me wanting to see the finished outcome and we’re laughing at the goofy ones while “awing” at the ageyo ones. Once we get back to them dorm, all of us are exhausted and decide to head straight to bed. I’m again on the couch thinking about the events of the day that just took place. ‘Today was just…perfect. They really are so much fun to hang out with! I’m really proud of myself for talking to Minho. I really can’t believe he thinks those qualities of me. Maybe Taemin is right…maybe he’ll like me one day.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Learn some Korean~! ^^

Yah - Hey!

I didn't really use new Korean words in this chapter, but I'll try to use new ones. 

I hope you guys like my story so far! It would be greatly appreciated if you guys and write a little comment :)