Chapter 21

Unexpected Drama

 

I start to wake up from the peaceful sleep not remembering where exactly I slept that night. My eyes are closed and then I feel someone’s arms around me grip me tighter when I move a little. I open my eyes slightly to see Jonghyun is that someone. I look at my surroundings and remember that after the movie, we decided to sleep on the couch. I must have moved in my sleep because I’m sitting on Jonghyun’s lap with my knees up and my head resting on his chest. He has his arms wrapped around me with his head tilted to the side towards me still dreaming deeply. I stare at his face seeing him form a tiny smile. ‘I guess he’s dreaming about something good.’ I glance over at the clock and see that it’s 5am, way too early to be getting up, so I decide to just fall back asleep.

This time when I wake up, I hear some whispering, footsteps, and then, ‘A camera?’ I quickly open my eyes and shoot up. This startles Jonghyun and he stands up as a reflex not realizing I’m sitting on him which makes me fall to the floor with a loud thump. I rub my back shutting my eyes from the sudden aching feeling.

Jonghyun notices I’m on the floor and helps me up, “Aigo! Kate-ah, mianhae.”

I just sigh, “Gwenchana.” I hear laughter and we both look towards the direction of it. To our surprise it’s Taemin, Key and Onew. Taemin is in a chair holding his stomach from laughter, Onew is also holding his stomach from laughter, but is standing up, and Key is the closest one to us laughing while holding a camera. After I stand up, Jonghyun heads towards Key grabbing the camera from him.

Key’s laughter stops as soon as he does this, “Yah!”

“Did you take a picture of us?” Jonghyun asks, but then sees the Polaroid photo that the camera spit out. “Aigo!”

“Yah, I only took the photo because you guys looked cute sleeping like that.” Key tries to grab the camera and photo from Jonghyun, but fails. I blush getting embarrassed that they saw us like that. Key gives up after a while, “Arasseo, you can keep it. Anyway…” he looks both me and Jonghyun up and down, “I hope you guys didn’t do anything while we we’re gone yesterday.” My eyes grow wide with a very deep blush, so I hide my face.

“Yah! Of course we didn’t do anything!” Jonghyun shouts and I have a feeling he’s blushing too. All of them start laughing again which makes me completely embarrassed.

“Aigo…what’s with all the noise this early in the morning?” As soon as I hear that voice, I uncover my face and look up in the direction of it.

“Ah, Jonghyun-hyung and Noona were caught sleeping on the couch together.” Taemin says while chuckling and walking over to Minho who just came in with luggage in his hands. My heart starts to beat out of control seeing him for the first time after the confession. Minho looks around the living room to see the situation and then when his eyes land on me, we make eye contact. The eye contact though, only lasts for a split second because he then starts heading to SHINee’s room.

“Ah, I see.” He gives a weak smile and then walks out of the living room to put the luggage in their room.

“What’s wrong with Minho-ah?” Jonghyun asks after he leaves.

“He’s been like that the whole trip.” Key speaks up. I instantly feel a pang of guilt when Key says that. ‘It’s because of me.’

“I think he’s just been tired lately.” Onew says joining the conversation.

I grab my pillow from the couch, “Um, I’m going to get changed now.” They all give me a nod before I walk to my room. As I close the door I let out a big sigh, ‘Why did I blurt out that I like him? Why did he have to know why I was avoiding him? I mean, I guess if someone was avoiding me, I would really want to know too. Gah! I thought I wasn’t making it obvious! What do I do now? Hopefully I can pretend like it never happened, but the way he’s acting now…’ I shake my head trying to think straight, ‘Maybe it’s not because of me, maybe he really is just tired.’ The next moment, I hear the door to SHINee’s room close and footsteps. Again they stop near my door and my nerves come back. ‘Is he going to talk to me this time?’ The footsteps start again and then fade away, ‘I guess not.’ Even though I don’t really want to, I head to the living room to see everyone. When I get there, I see no sign of Minho.

I look around one more time, “Where’s Minho-oppa?”

“Hyung went to go see Krystal-ah.” Taemin answers my question.

“Oh, arasseo.” Part of me feels relief while the other part is a little upset. ‘This is why I never wanted him to know. I knew he doesn’t like me back…he has Krystal.’ I plop myself in between Onew and Taemin on the couch who were watching TV. “Anyway, how was the Philippines?”

“It was great! You should definitely go there, Noona!” Taemin turns to me excitedly.

“Ne, it was fun, but the fans there got a little crazy, especially at the airport.” Onew says after Taemin.

“Well, Hyung, what do you expect? Fans are usually like that seeing us since we don’t go to wherever they live often.” Key shouts from the kitchen at Onew. Even though Key can’t see, Onew nods in agreement to what he says.

“What did you do while we were gone?” Once again Taemin has his innocent smile on.

“To tell you the truth…a whole lot of nothing. It’s seriously boring without you guys!”

“Aw, well it’s nice to know we supply the fun in your life.” Key walks into the living room with a drink in hand sitting in a chair. “So, what should we do now? We need to make up for the days we weren’t here.”

“Don’t you guys want to rest?” I ask them curiously.

“We usually sleep on the plane so we already got our rest.” Onew says to me.

“Hm…well I actually have practice today. It was supposed to be my day off…but Jonghyun switched it to yesterday.” I look over to Jonghyun who’s sitting on the floor accusingly.

He gives me a big grin, “Mianhae, but we did have fun yesterday right?” I smile remembering yesterday and give him a nod.

“So…what exactly did you guys do that was so fun? A little bit of kissing perhaps?” Key smirks at us once again. I instantly blush from what he’s thinking we would do.

“Yah! Get your mind out of the gutter! All we did was play video games and watch a movie!” This time I see the blush that’s on his face. ‘I wonder if Jonghyun…no way. He said in the dance studio that he didn’t plan for anything like that.’ By thinking this, I made my blush worse.

“Noona, why are you blushing so much!?” Taemin starts teasing me when he notices the change in color of my face.

“No reason! It’s a little warm in here, that’s all.” I shove Taemin away from me in an attempt to stop him from seeing my red face.

“Hm, was Kate-ah expecting something yesterday?” Onew of all people pitches in.

“Yah! Anio!” I now shove Onew, but I feel my face get even hotter.

“Haha! I think she was!” Key now helps the two who started the teasing.

“Yah! Key-eomma! Anio! Anio!” I throw a cushion at Key. They all start laughing at my flustered behavior, but didn’t hear Jonghyun laughing. When I look down to him, I see his eyes slightly wide staring at me and his cheeks visibly red which once again makes my own redden to the point where they can’t anymore. I grab a cushion again, but instead of throwing it, I bury my face into it in an attempt to cool my face down from the coolness of the cushion and to just hide my face. ‘Gah! These guys!’

Onew clears his throat after he stops laughing, “Anyway, back to the main subject. Kate-ah, do you have practice all day today?”

I lift my face up and even though it’s still slightly red I reply, “Anio. I should be finishing early today since I did about half yesterday.”

“Alright then!” Key stands up, “Then after you’re done…we’re going to do karaoke!”

“Mwo?” I ask a little surprised.

“Ne! I like that plan Key-eomma! Let’s do some karaoke!” Taemin now joins Key standing up also. Jonghyun and Onew also join in agreeing while standing up.

“Well…” I finally join them, “I guess I have no choice anyway. Arasseo! I should be out at around 5pm.” With that said, we all agree that after practice we would go to do some karaoke. I go back to my room since I still need to grab a few things before I leave for the SM building. I close my door behind me, but as soon as I close it, I hear a knock.

“Come in!” I’m busy packing my bag so I just let them open the door themselves. I turn to see Jonghyun looking slightly awkward when walking in. His head is down and is rubbing the back of his head. He swings the door closed without turning around.

“Um, Kate-ah…” he says a little quiet.

“Ne?” I go back to packing my bag.

“Is it true what the others said?” At this question, I turn back around confused. He’s still looking down, but this time a slight blush on his cheeks.

“Mwo?” I ask clearly not really getting what he’s saying.

“You know…about yesterday and what you were expecting.”

My eyes once again bulge out a little, “Mwo!? Anio! They’re wrong!” I’m a little frantic waving my hands in front of my face with once again a blush creeping up. I calm down a little, “Why do you ask?”

Finally he looks at me taking a step towards me, “Well yesterday at the studio you thought something and then you seemed really flustered just before. It just seems like you were thinking of something.”

I sigh and shove him lightly, “Yah, pabo. Yesterday your wording made it seem like YOU were planning something and just now, they were a couple of erted pabos trying to make it like I was. I think you’re a little too gullible haha.”

He relaxes and chuckles along with me, “Ha, I guess you’re right.” Jonghyun face goes back to how it was before, “Hajiman-”

“Oppa.” I cut him off grabbing his attention. “We just became official.” I start feeling awkward talking about this all since it’s the first time I’m ever having a conversation like this.

Jonghyun gives me a tiny smile and nods, “Arasseo, you’re right.” He leans in and gives me a kiss on the cheek before turning and leaving. I sit on my bed with a big huff, ‘Yea…I seriously don’t need to add anything more to what I have to deal with right now. I’m now getting the whole experience of living with guys. erts!’ I grab my bag and head for my door, but I freeze right before I turn the door knob, ‘I wonder what Minho is thinking now. I mean I guess he’s ok since he went to go see Krystal.’ I shake my head and then head out the door to go to the SM building.

I’m happy that today is a short day because I seriously don’t feel like having a whole day of practice. I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate that long. Right now, I’m in the lounge web browsing on my phone while I wait for the guys to come pick me up so we can go out to do some karaoke. Most likely I won’t be participating that much since I did enough singing for the day. Slowly, I feel like I’m coming closer to my debut and I feel really proud of myself. At least one thing is going alright in my confusing life right now. Minho has been in the recording studio with me since he does most of the raps on my song, but he’s with Krystal today. With that thought, I sigh and pull my eyes away from my phone and up at the ceiling leaning my head back. ‘Since he’s with Krystal at this moment, I guess I should be a little relieved that I didn’t ruin anything. Still…maybe I ruined our friendship…I don’t know. Well one thing I know for sure, I definitely didn’t imagine ever confessing to him like that.’ I hear a knock on the door a second later and I see Onew enter with a smile on his face. He walks over to me while I stand up grabbing my bag.

“Annyeong, Kate-ah. How was your practice today?” he starts off with cheerfully. I just give him a silly face that read it was tiring and he chuckles. “Kaja. Everyone else is waiting in the van.”

I nod, “Arasseo.” We walk through the building to the exit and before we reach it, Onew stops suddenly turning towards me. I give him a questioning look and he pulls out his cellphone, which was my old phone.

“Kate-ah, I changed the number to mine, but…what if I still get a call?” He asks me seriously.

I just let out a sigh of relief that that’s all he’s worrying about, “Don’t worry, Onew-oppa. If you changed the number you should be able to get a call. I mean how-” My eyes widen from realization of how he could. I grab the phone from his hand and he looks at me confused. I look over and investigate my phone for a minute before letting at a frustrated sigh.

“Mianhae, Oppa. You can’t use my phone, it needs to stay off.” I say looking up with sorry eyes.

“Mwo? Wae?” Onew asks still not following.

“Well…you’ll still be getting calls even though you changed it to your number.”

“Ah, arasseo. Gwenchana, Kate-ah…hajiman…” he looks at me with concern, “…you still need to explain to me what’s going on.”

“I know, just not yet.” I tell him in a sad tone lowering my head.

I feel his hand rest on my shoulder and I look back up at him, “Me and the other guys are more than just roommates to you, so let us help when you have a problem.” He gives me a bright smile after saying that and his words made me lift my mood up. “Anyway, Key-ah is probably complaining by now that we’re not at the van yet. Kaja!”

When we get in the van, I could see how excited everyone is to hang out. I would think that they would be tired of singing since they sing all the time, but surprisingly no. Actually, it’s not that much of a surprise because I‘m excited even though I had singing practice about a half hour ago. Once we get to the spot, they all put on their sunglasses and hats, but only for a short time since we quickly enter our private room. As soon as Key spots the mic, he walks over to it quickly and grabs it.

“I’m singing first!” Key declares holding the mic in the air. He sits down on one of the couches flipping through the song book already, but Jonghyun shoves him out of the way while sitting and stealing the mic out of his hand.

“Yah! Who says you can go first!?” Jonghyun shouts while flipping through the song book. I sit down on the couch on the other side watching Jonghyun and Key arguing over who is going first. Onew takes a seat himself laughing at the spectacle. I’m enjoying the little JjongKey moment that I didn’t notice that I song started to play. Both of the guys stop fighting from hearing the music. I then hear Taemin’s voice and turn to wear he is. Taemin is standing up looking at the TV where the lyrics are, but then turns to me smiling walking over. Apparently, Jonghyun and Key forgot that there’s more than one mic. My mind is blank, but I snap out of it to notice what song this is, it’s I’m Yours by Jason Mraz and Taemin is singing in English. It takes me by complete surprise and I don’t notice that Taemin is in front of me and kneels on one knee taking one of my hands. He keeps giving me a sweet smile while singing and I can’t help but smile back since his English is adorable. Once he finishes the song, Taemin stands back up looking embarrassed and I clap at his performance.

“Taemin-ah! That was so good! You’re English is getting better!” I smile brightly.

“Gomawo, Noona.” He says while looking away and rubbing the back of his head.

“Yah, yah, yah! It’s my turn to sing.” Jonghyun speaks up all of a sudden while punching in the numbers to what song he’s doing.

“Do I sense jealousy?” Key smirks lying back on the couch crossing his leg over the other.

“Yah! Wait until it’s your turn to talk.” Jonghyun snaps and Key’s smirk grows bigger. The song starts to play and I know right away that it’s Nothing Better by Brown-eyed Souls, Jonghyun’s favorite song to sing. Immediately, he comes over to me to sit next to me while he starts singing. He uses his free hand to grab mine and looks into my eyes deeply while singing. Jonghyun’s voice always gave me chills and again he did this time. The song ends and he gives me a kiss on the cheek by surprise then smirks causing snickers from the guys. From embarrassment and as a reflex, I shove Jonghyun’s shoulder a little too hard and he falls backwards on the couch. Key cracks from this the hardest.

After his good laugh, Key gets up and grabs the mic from Jonghyun, “Yah! You all are doing slow songs. I guess you need me to liven things up.” He pushes in the numbers on the remote for the next song. As soon as it starts up, I laugh because the title of the song fits Key so well. The song he chose is Diva by After School. It’s not a surprise to me that while he’s singing, he does the dance to the song. Taemin at one point starts to join him just dancing along to the music since he doesn’t really know the choreography. Jonghyun and Onew then stand up joining the two and to my surprise, Jonghyun actually knows some of the choreography. ‘I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since Key probably influences him…ha!’

They all remain standing even after the song is done because it’s Onew’s turn and he picks a trot song. As soon as they hear the music, they start dancing like crazy again. Onew really impresses me singing the song, ‘He can definitely be a trot singer.’ Seeing me still sitting watching all of them, Onew walks over to me while singing and pulls me from the couch so I can start dancing with him. With me now participating, we have our own party in the room. It goes on like this for a while with everyone taking turns performing in front of me while I watch. There are some duets, more upbeat songs, and also slow songs. I’m not singing, but I’m having so much fun watching SHINee. I then remember that not all of SHINee is here and my mind slowly drifts to the missing member, but before I get drowned in those thoughts, I hear Taemin calling me.

“Noona! You haven’t gone yet!” I see Taemin standing in front of me holding out a mic for me. I smile shyly waving my hands in front of my face while shaking my head left to right.

“Yah! You have to go! We’ve been the only ones singing.” Onew speaks up who’s sitting next to me.

“I’ve heard you sing and you have a great voice.” I turn to Jonghyun who’s on my other side after he says that. He smiles at me and puts lays his hand on my shoulder.

“Wait!” Now Key’s voice appears and I see him stand up, “We’ve been living together for a while now…but I’ve hardly heard you sing! It seems like only Jonghyun-hyung has heard you sing!” His face has a look of shock and then I see Onew and Taemin also copy Key’s expression.

“Omo! Key-hyung is right! Noona why haven’t I heard you sing a lot!?” Taemin has a mix of shock and a child-like pout.

“I can’t sing anyway since I still have trouble reading Hangul.” I tell them an excuse not to sing, but it’s actually the truth. I struggle reading Hangul fluently and the lyrics on the screen are written in that. There’s no way I can read and sing along that fast.

“Then pick a song you know by heart already. You must know some songs, right?” Key cancels my excuse right away.

“Well…” Before I can say anything else, Key pulls me from the couch making me stand and puts the mic that was in Taemin’s hands, now in mine. I sigh knowing I can’t win this fight and quickly look through the song book to find the one I’ve already picked in my mind. I hear the guys clap yelling yay when they see I’ve given up. I glance over at the four boys sitting and I see huge smiles on their faces waiting patiently which makes me roll my eyes.‘They can seriously act like a bunch of kids.’ I chuckle to myself with that thought. Once I find the song, I punch in the numbers and face them since I don’t need to face the screen. The music starts and I sing immediately. Right away, they know what the song is, Ugly by 2NE1, and they clap. It’s a little hard for me to sing since the key is kind of high, so I make some mistakes, but I also change it up a little to suit my voice. By the looks and actions of the guys, I can see they’re enjoying it. Once I finish the song, they stand up and clap which embarrasses me, but I still have huge grin on my face.

“Noona you’re so good!” Taemin kind of hops over to me and makes me start jumping with him when he grabs my hands excitedly. I laugh at how he can be such a child sometimes like right now. He let’s go and Key then finally says his praise.

“Yah! That was great, Kate-ah…hajiman…” My face goes blank when I see that he has a problem with my singing which makes me feel nervous. He continues, “…The song is all wrong for you! You’re definitely not ugly, so you shouldn’t sing a song like that!” I laugh at his “problem” since the diva Key and motherly Key seem to have combined when he said that.

Onew raises his hand like he’s in class, “I agree!”

“Ne, ne! Nado!” Jonghyun joins in nodding. Instead of feeling shy, I just give them all a smirk which throws them off-guard.

“Well, I guess I can try a different song that could explain me better.” I go over to the song book and flip through pages until I find the song I have in my mind that’s making me smirk. The guys sit back down in their seats and I walk back over to my spot. This time, the song is upbeat and I know the choreography along with knowing the lyrics by heart. Once I get into position, the song blasts through the room with bass. I start to dance and sing making sure I have the attitude for the song. As soon as they recognize what song it is, they start “Woo-ing” and clapping.

“Whoa! y Kate-ah!” Key shouts over the music. The song I chose this time is I Am The Best and it’s also by 2NE1. I keep on singing while dancing and when I get to Minzy’s part after the first chorus, Key speaks up again. “Yah Hyung! I bet you’re really liking this!” I see him nudge Jonghyun in the shoulder and in return, he pushes Key backwards. Even though Jonghyun tried to look annoyed, he was and still is grinning with a tint of pink on his cheeks. I mess up a little because I can’t help but laugh at the scene in front of me. Once the song is at the very end, Key springs up and decides to dance the last part next to me and pose with me once the song finishes. They all clap for me again but also throwing in some “Woos.” I now let all my embarrassment out with my face turning red because during the little performance I just did. During the song, I didn’t focus on being shy, and instead I had my mind on executing the dance and lyrics. For the last few songs before leaving, we sing together some children songs.

We’re back at our dorm and it’s now around 8pm. Once we enter, we notice that Minho’s jacket and shoes are here, which means he’s back from seeing Krystal. When entering the living room, we don’t see any sign of Minho here or the kitchen which is the same when Jonghyun checks the bathroom. Key then decides to see if he’s in their room since that’s the only place left for him to be. When he comes back, he confirms that he’s in there, but already went to bed. Hearing this news that he went to bed early I have no idea how to interpret it. ‘I thought guys were supposed to be simpler than girls. Girls are the ones who have hidden meanings in what they say or do where the guy struggles to interpret it. Guys are supposed to be straightforward with what they say and have easy to read expressions. Sigh, I’ll be answering that question Jonghyun always asked on Hello Baby…this is not the reality I wanted!’ I take a seat in the living room and Jonghyun follows my actions putting his right arm around my shoulder once he takes his spot next to me. I don’t mind this action since my thoughts are right now somewhere else.

“How about we have some ice cream?” Key says from the kitchen while opening the freezer. “We have chocolate and vanilla only, but we have toppings to make it better.”

Taemin scurries over to Jonghyun and I plopping himself on my right, “Do you want to share a sundae with me, Kate-noona?”

I smile at him, “Sure, how about you go make it the way you like and I’ll go to the table when you’re done?”

“Arasseo!” Taemin nods and quickly walks over to where Key is in the kitchen to make the sundae.

“Yah.” I turn to Jonghyun. “I was about to ask if you wanted to share one with me.” Jonghyun does his puppy pout trying to make me change my mind.

“Noona it’s done! Hurry! Before the ice cream melts!” I hear Taemin yell to me from the kitchen.

I chuckle standing up, then I pat Jonghyun’s head like he is a puppy, “Well, you can share with Key-eomma or Onew-oppa so you don’t have to feel like a lonely puppy.” He sticks his tongue out with the “mehrong” sound and I do it back in return before walking over to the table and sitting next to Taemin. When I take a look at Taemin’s creation, my mouth drops slightly. The sundae looks huge, but I think it’s from all the toppings that he put on it. There’s nuts, bananas, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, a mound of whip cream, and on the very top is two cherries. I stare at Taemin eating it obviously enjoying it.

He notices that I haven’t touched it yet and stops, “What’s wrong?”

“I-it’s just so much!” I say still staring at Taemin’s creation amazed.

He chuckles, “Don’t worry, eat as much as you can and I’ll eat the rest.” My stare goes to him again trying to think if he’s just joking or is actually serious. ‘How does he not gain weight if he eats like this!? I’ve seen him eat huge meals and have not seen any change in weight!’ He goes back to the sundae and finally I start to eat some, but not a lot since I’m not like Taemin, I’m more the total opposite.

After a few bites I’m done and then I just see him consume the rest leaving the two cherries. He picks one up offering it to me, but I tell him that I don’t like cherries and that he can have both, which he gladly does. I bring the bowl to the kitchen sink and see that Jonghyun and Key have finished there’s before us. Onew didn’t want any so there’s no bowl from him in the sink. I clean the bowls for them all instead of leaving the task for tomorrow morning. I say good night to Onew, Jonghyun and Key who decide to head to bed. Taemin stays back to help me with the dishes even though I tell him he could go to bed. Once we finish, we’re both not tired yet, so we go to my room to talk since we haven’t done that since he got back. Before that, we go to our rooms to get ready for bed changing into our pajamas and then go to the bathroom to brush the ice cream from our mouth. We enter my room finally and both of us plop on my bed sitting with our legs in pretzel form. Taemin spots Uyu, the stuffed cow he won for me when we went to the arcade for White Day.

He grabs Uyu and holds it, “How has Uyu-ah been?”

“Uyu-ah has been great company to me and we have a lot of fun together.” I reply and we both chuckle. I decide to grab a stuffed animal for me to hold and without looking, I grab the panda. As soon as I look down to see that I’m holding the panda one, I remember I got it from Minho who won it from one of the booths at the amusement park we all went to. I frown looking down at the panda remembering that day.

“Noona.” I stop reminiscing when I hear Taemin call me quietly.

“Ne?” I look up to see concern plastered on his face.

He says firmly, “On the phone, when we were still in the Philippines, you said you were going to tell me something when we got back. I know it has to do with Minho-hyung since I heard you say that it’s your fault when I said he’s been acting strange.” I sigh turning to lean on my wall that is against my bed where Taemin is now facing my right side and I stare down at the panda waiting for him to continue. “Noona…what happened with you and hyung?”

I hesitate not knowing how to explain, “I…I ruined my friendship with him…with Minho-oppa.”

“What do you mean? What happened? Did…did hyung do or say something to make you upset?” I keep my head down still fixated on the panda resting in my lap that I’m holding on to. I’m now replaying in my mind the confession scene and it makes my eyes start to water. I stay silent because I don’t want to risk any sobs and start to cry. “Noona?” He tucks the hair on the right side of me behind my ear leaning down closer to me to see my face. When he sees how my expression is, I hear panic in his voice, but tries to stay quiet since everyone is sleeping, “Noona!? Did hyung do or say something!?”

I quickly look to Taemin to see his panicked expression, “Anio! Anio! He did nothing wrong! I said I was the one who ruined the friendship.” Taemin relaxes, but then goes back to his concerned face. I take a deep breath looking away not making eye contact, “I told Minho-oppa…that I like him.” A moment passes and I don’t hear Taemin respond. I slowly look over to him to see his face with a surprised expression. This causes me to explain before he says something, “Ok wait! I was pressured to confess! We stayed late in the recording studio and we got locked in, so then we decided to just sleep there for the night until someone unlocks the door the next morning, but before we fall asleep, Minho-oppa asks why I was avoiding him. Remember how I was telling you about avoiding him trying not to make it obvious!? Well, he either was really good at noticing it or I’ m just really bad at it! Anyway, I tried to pretend like I have no idea what he’s talking about hoping he gives up…but he doesn’t! He kept asking not believing me…again I don’t know if I was bad at acting…but we started arguing, I had enough, and then…BAM! I confessed saying I like him! I didn’t get to hear or see his reaction because right after that, a janitor opens the door finding us and letting us out! The next day, you guys were gone holding a concert! Taemin-ah this is bad! It’s not like when I kissed him and said it’s because I tripped! I had the idea of maybe just pretending like it never happened, but he’s been acting strange! I mean, usually we’re able to read Minho-oppa easily like a book, but I don’t know what is going through his head because he’s acting weird! I mean, it could just be he’s tired and I’m overreacting, but I don’t know! Ah! Taemin-ah! I have no idea what to do! I shouldn’t have confessed! I never wanted to because he has Krystal-ah and I didn’t want to lose him as a friend…but I think I did!”

I finally finish my explanation which in the end turns into a long and somewhat loud rant. I try to catch my breath leaning forward and Taemin rubs my back with his hand trying to calm me down. I sit back up calming my breaths and look over at him. I can’t help but let a few tears fall because I’m frustrated and worried about this. Taemin can clearly see me crying and he’s the first person to actually see me cry, not even my family, only when I was really young. The other times I did, the guys only saw how I looked after I cried or just watery eyes, never actually me crying because I didn’t want to be seen like this since I always felt it would be awkward for the person and awkward for me, but I can’t help it. I try to quickly wipe them away, but while I attempt to, I feel Taemin embrace me in a hug stopping me from trying to wipe my tears away.

“Noona, gwenchana.” He says quietly near my ear.

“Mianhae, Taemin-ah. I never want you or anyone to see me cry. Mianhae.” What I say comes out in sobs and I try to compose myself quickly.

“Yah, pabo. You shouldn’t cry when you’re alone and all by yourself. You should let your friends help you because that’s a part of what friends do for each other.” I don’t say anything and finally stop worrying about it being awkward letting myself cry in front of Taemin hugging him. It lasts for a few minutes and the whole time he kept his tight embrace not caring that I’m getting his right shoulder wet with my tears. Once I calm down, I pull away from him and he wipes the last bit of tears from my face giving me a soft smile. “Feeling better?”

I give him a nod with a tiny smile in return, “Ne. Gomawo. I guess I’ve needed to let that out for a while now.”

He gives me one more smile before his face changes to concern and seriousness, “Noona, I’m not sure what you should do right now, but we’ll think of something…arasseo?” I give him another nod. “We’ll talk about it another time; I think we should go to sleep now.”

“Ne, I think so. I’m feeling tired after that.” I get up from my bed to open the door for Taemin, but when I turn to him, I see him getting comfortable with Uyu under my comforter. “Um, Taemin-ah…what are you doing?”

He sits up giving me a tired smile, “A person should never leave their friend alone after they cried. The person needs to make sure they’re really ok and won’t cry again.” I can’t help but feel how lucky I am to have Taemin as my friend when he says that to me.

I walk back over to my bed, “I guess there’s enough room for two people to sleep on here.” As I get closer, it looks like Taemin’s face is slightly red making me wonder if it’s too warm in my room, but the light to my room is dimmed down and my vision isn’t the best from the crying before. I switch my lamp off and get under the comforter sliding next to Taemin. I roll over to my right to face him and I see a really sleepy Taemin placing Uyu between us which makes me chuckle. “Taemin-ah, you can hold Uyu while sleeping if you want. I have two other stuffed animals.”

“Arasseo.” He grins grabbing it holding to his chest looking like a child. His smile fades slightly, “Choose the chicken Onew-hyung gave you…not the panda.” I nod understanding why he said that and I reach for the chicken holding it in my arms. “Jal ja, Noona.” Taemin says with his eyes half open giving me one final smile of the day.

“Jal ja.” I close my eyes saying, but then open them once more because I want to thank him again. Right before I start to say it, I see that Taemin already drifted off into a deep slumber which makes me chuckles to myself at how tired he was. “Gomawo, Taemin-ah.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi~~!!!

How have you guys been? I hope you guys liked my fancams :P

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I definitely stuffed my face with delicious food. Hoping you guys did the same! Anyway I want to say that I'm really thankful that I have so many awesome subscribers to my story. Without your comments, I don't think I would have been as motivated to write this story. So I gave you a really long chapter as a little Thanksgiving gift to you guys. Thank you!! Love you all! <3