Chapter 3

Unexpected Drama

 

I slowly open my eyelids feeling completely comfortable from the sleep I had. I stretch a little and then I feel something laying on me. I assume it’s the blanket, but then I take notice of legs that are right underneath my head. This made me then look at exactly what’s on my waist so I turn my head to get a view…it’s an arm. ‘Legs? An arm? I’m on someone’s lap?’ I now turn slightly to get a view of the person who became my pillow while sleeping and I see…

“Minho!?” I accidently shout out loud while also jumping…which made me fall off the couch ending with a large thud. I groan in pain lying now on the floor ‘Ugh! That really hurt. Stupid Kate!’

“Are you ok?” I hear Minho’s voice talking in Korean and I look back up at the couch. He’s staring down at me with a slight surprised look. I look down while getting on my knees starting to get up. ‘I hoped he didn’t wake up. Well of course he woke up from me shouting his name and then the loud noise of me falling! Just when I started to be confident and more comfortable talking to him, I’m back to be completely shy. Gah! Plus I ruined a moment that will never happen again!’ I see a hand in front of me and I look to see Minho standing up now to help me up.

“Ne, I’m fine.” I tell him taking his hand, but looking down feeling completely embarrassed. ‘Please say he didn’t hear the “Minho” and woke up from the thud.’

“I’m sorry for surprising you. When we were playing the video game last night, you at one point fell to the side and fell asleep on my lap. I didn’t want to wake you so I just decided to sleep here.” He explains to me.

“Oh, I see. Gamsahabnida.” I do a tiny bow still not looking at him because my face feels warm so I’m mostly likely blushing and I didn’t want him to see that. There’s now an awkward silence, but quickly ends when Key and Jonghyun come running into the living room with panicked looks.

“What’s going on!?” Key asks.

“We heard Kate-ah yell then a loud noise!” Jonghyun says right after Key.

“Mianhaeyo. I just got surprised and fell off the couch.”I apologize to them giving a small bow.

“What surprised you?”Jonghyun replies.

“Oh…well…um…”I feel my face heating up again and I would have been found out, but Minho steps in to explain for me.

“Kate-ah and I played a video game last night. She fell to the side falling asleep on my lap without realizing. I didn’t want to wake her up, so I slept here and she got surprised seeing me when waking up.” He says to the before confused Key and Jonghyun.

“Ohhhh! I got it! Hahahaha! I wish I got a video of her getting surprised and falling! Haha!” Jonghyun says now cracking up once he got the situation.

“Anio! I would’ve loved to get a picture of the cute sleeping couple~ haha!” Key adds to Jonghyun’s teasing. At this point, my face feels like it’s on fire hiding it with my hair by having my head down. Minho just sighs and punches the two in the shoulder for them to stop while moving on to another topic.

“Where’s Taemin and Onew?” he asks them. ‘Oh yea…didn’t they wake up from the loud noise?’

“Oh you know them; no sound can ever wake them up at this time.” Key answers. ‘At this time?’

“Wait, what time is it?” I now speak up with my blush fading away. I look around to find a clock and see that it’s, ‘7am!?’

“It’s 7am. Usually we would wake up at this time, but today’s our day off so we get to sleep in, but there happened to be an alarm clock.” Jonghyun says with a snicker at the end of what he was saying.

“Mianhaeyo.” I apologize again looking down feeling the blush creep back on my face.

“Aw don’t worry about it! Now we have an early start to do whatever we want!” Jonghyun comes from behind saying while putting me in a light headlock.

“Aw she’s blushing!” Key now comes up to me and pinches my cheek.

“Yah! Both of you let go of me!” I try wiggling out and I succeed. I turn to them and I see them snickering. I just sigh at how silly and energetic they are this early. Minho was just witnessing the whole little scene quietly.

“Well, since we’re up…who wants breakfast!?” Key being chipper as can be says.

“I do! I’m starving~” Jonghyun responds like it’s a reflex and holding his stomach.

“Arasseo! I’ll start cooking. Hyung, go wake up the two zombies!” Key says to Jonghyun who in return groans, but follows his orders walking back to their rooms. I see Minho is nowhere to be found, ‘Probably went to help Jonghyun.’

“I’m going to go take a shower before breakfast.” I say heading to get a new pair of clothes to change into once done with the shower. I head to the shower and right before I open the door, it opens and I see Minho on the other side. I again get surprised, but this time I just let out a small gasp jumping back a little.

“Oh, mianhaeyo.” He apologizes for startling me, “and also sorry about before.”

“Gwenchana, you did nothing wrong.” Right after I say that, he gives me small smile and walks out of the bathroom heading to his room.

My shower was really relaxing and I definitely needed it. Breakfast was also good. It was funny seeing both Taemin and Onew look like the walking dead with their hair all messed up. Breakfast was basically the same as dinner, just as noisy as any other time. I’m now planning for what I’m going to do today since my schedule won’t start for a week, so I want to make the most out of this week. Right before I pack my things though…I hear thunder. I rush to a window to see that it’s starting to pour outside. ‘Are you kidding me!?’

“Aw man it raining!” I hear Onew say in the living room. I walk in the room and I see Taemin, Onew, and Jonghyun all looking out the window with upset looks on their faces because of the rain.

“Why did it have to rain on our day off?” Taemin turns and plops himself next to Minho on the couch who’s watching TV.

“I planned on doing some sightseeing today since I only have a week to do it before I start working.” I now complain along with Taemin, “Well, I guess I better change back into my pajamas.” I change into some comfortable clothes and while walking back to the living room, I decide to check out SHINee’s room. They have two bunk beds and one bed connecting them in the middle. Across from the beds, I see a desk and two bureaus with pictures and random things on them. I take a look at the pictures and I smile to myself seeing the young versions of the guys that are in the living room before they debuted. Walking to sit on the middle bed, I take out my phone and remember that just a few days ago I was just a fan of SHINee, now I’m staying with them and going to be a singer just like them. I go through the SHINee pictures I have on my phone and stop when it’s a picture of Minho. I look at it for a long time, ‘I never thought I was going to be able to look into your eyes in person or talk to you.’ I sigh smiling to myself looking at the picture a little longer.

“So Minho is your favorite SHINee member!” I jump at the voice that is right next to my ear almost having a heart attack. I turn around and I see Taemin looking at me while having a huge grin plastered on his face.

“Taemin-ah! Shhh!!!! Don’t you know that you shouldn’t sneak up on people like that!?” I strictly say in a whisper.

“Oh, mianhaeyo.” I feel bad now seeing Taemin upset about what he just did.

“Gwenchana, just don’t do it again, ok?”

“Ok!”

“Oh, and um, can you keep what you just saw a secret?” I ask now feeling embarrassed.

“Wae? It’s just a picture of Minho, he’s your favorite, right?” he asks a little confused, but then he sees my face get redder, “Oh wait! I get it! You like Minho don’t you!?”

“Shhh!!!! Keep quiet! If any of the others find out they will use this information for evil purposes. Plus, I don’t want Minho to know I like him.”

“Wae? I think you and Minho would be cute together.” He smiles as he says that and only smiles bigger when he sees my face become a cherry, “Don’t worry, I promise I won’t tell anyone, it’s our little secret.”

“Gamsahabnida.” I smile at him.

“Hajiman…”

“Hajiman?”

“I won’t make any promises that I won’t help bring you two together.” He says while quickly walking out of the room with a grin.

“Taemin-ah!”

I walk out of the room and back into the living room where I see Taemin sitting back next to Minho which makes me a little nervous, but he promised to not say anything. I take a seat next to Taemin, so now he’s in the middle.  Everyone watches TV for a while until we all hear Jonghyun complain lying down on the floor about how bored he is and how this is a waste of a day off.

“Well do you have any better ideas?” Key asks him. Jonghyun sits up and starts thinking until his face shows that he thought of something.

“How about Truth or Dare?” he suggests. Everyone thinks about it looking at one another before we all say yes to play the game.

“Who should start?” Onew asks.

“Since, Jonghyun suggested the game, he should go first.” Minho says.

“Arasseo! Hm…” Jonghyun looks at all of us to see his target will be, “Onew-hyung! Truth or dare?”

“Dare!”

“I dare you to…throw out whatever chicken we have left in the refrigerator!”

“Anioooo! I change my mind! I want truth!” Everyone laughs at Onew’s reaction to Jonghyun’s dare.

“Nope sorry, can’t change back.” Jonghyun having a smirk on his face as he says that. Onew gets up and heads to the refrigerator taking out the leftover chicken. He walks to the trash can and looks down at the chicken with such sadness hesitating to throw it in the garbage. I hear him quietly say “Good-bye my wonderful chicken” before dropping it in. He walks over to his seat in silence and then glares to Jonghyun who has a pleased look on his face trying not to laugh.

“Oh Onew don’t be a baby! It’s not like he dared you to never eat chicken again.” Key snaps Onew out of his sulking mood, “Anyway, it’s your turn.”

“I choose Jonghyun.” Onew states right away. I could see Jonghyun gulp and look a little nervous now. ‘Oh boy, it’s time for him to get revenge. Watch out Jonghyun. Nobody messes between Onew and his chicken and gets away with it.’ “Truth or dare?”

“D-dare.”

“I dare you to…pocky kiss with Key!”

“Mwoaeyo!?” Both Key and Jonghyun say at the same time while the rest of us laugh.

“Hey I didn’t make you throw your precious chicken out! Don’t bring me into this!” Key complains to Onew.

“Taemin go get the pocky, please.” Onew ignores Key’s complaint.

“Ok, hyung!” Taemin goes into the kitchen and gets a box of pocky. He walks back and hands it to Onew. Onew now opens up the box and takes out one pocky handing it Jonghyun with and evil smirk on his face. Jonghyun gulps taking it and walks over to Key who also gulps. Jonghyun puts the pocky in his mouth on one side and Key on the other side. ‘Ah! Where’s my camera!? No! It’ll be too late! This is a major JjongKey moment!’ Everyone looks at the both of them in anticipation seeing them nibble on the pocky slowly getting closer to each other. We’re all on the edge of our seats when it’s just one more bite and their lips would touch. They stop and hesitate for a moment. Jonghyun then takes the bite brushing ever so slightly against Key’s lips with his. They both pull away so fast and Jonghyun gets up not looking at anyone walking back to his seat.

“Ok, next person!” We all laugh at how embarrassed he is with his face all red and the same with Key. Onew’s face has a look of satisfaction with his revenge. I’m the last one to stop laughing and Jonghyun took notice of it. “Kate-ah! Truth or dare?” My laughing cut off immediately at the sound of my name.

“…Truth.”

“Who’s your favorite SHINee member?” he says with an evil grin. ‘How did I know that would be the question?’

“I already gave a response to that, so I guess that means dare for me.” I stick my tongue at him when I hear under his breath “No fair.”

“Fine then…I dare you to…give each of us a kiss on the cheek.” He smirks again when he sees my eyes widen a little. ‘Grr! So he thinks he’ll be able to tell who my favorite is by how I react to each kiss I give. Well…I won’t make him find out!’ I get up and I start with Key who recovered from his embarrassment from the pocky kiss. He gives me a smile and tilts his head so I can kiss his cheek. I give him a quick peck and move on to Onew, then Jonghyun who still had a smirk on his face. I go over to Taemin next and that’s when I start feeling my nerves kick in because right after Taemin, it’s Minho. Taemin looks at me walking over and gives me a sweet smile. I give him his kiss on the cheek and while pulling away from his face he quickly whispers, “You can do it noona. Don’t be nervous.” I look at him again after he says that and this time his smile is more of a reassuring smile. I know that’s meant for me to calm down, but did the complete opposite.

Next is Minho and I look to him. He’s looking at me with a calm expression with a hint of a smile, that didn’t help my nerves and instead creates my stomach to do back flips. He turns his head for me a little so I can kiss his cheek. ‘I can’t act differently with the kiss and need to give one like I did the others or Jonghyun will notice, so it can’t be faster or slower when pulling away.’ I move closer to his face and it’s taking all my power to not blush. I give him the kiss and pull away. Minho looks at me with the same calm expression, but with a smile a tiny bit bigger. Quickly walking back to my seat, I try not to show any difference and I notice my success when Jonghyun pouts, I mentally let out a big sigh of relief.

“Ok, it’s my turn now!” I say happily. I think about whom my target will be, ‘I would get revenge on Jonghyun, but he actually did something good for me since I got to kiss Minho. Plus, he suffered enough with the pocky kiss. Wait…that’s it!’ “Taemin-ah! Truth or dare?”

“Um…dare!”

“Since, Jonghyun-sshi and Key-sshi did a pocky kiss…I dare you to do one with Minho-sshi.” The reaction Taemin has gave me a smirk with what I just said. Minho’s eyes got a little bigger and are taken by surprise, but Taemin’s shocked face still beats his. Grabbing the pocky box, I take one pocky out and hand it to Taemin. Since, he’s already sitting next to Minho, he just shifts closer to him. Taemin takes one side and Minho the other. ‘Kya! First JjongKey and now 2Min! It’s my own personal fan service!’ The pocky kiss is happening exactly like how Jonghyun and Key did theirs. Since, Taemin got shy, Minho took the last bite and their lips brushed each other’s quickly. Jonghyun, Key, Onew, and I laugh at the scene because you can clearly see both of them are embarrassed.

“Arasseo, arasseo! It’s my turn and I choose Minho-hyung!” Taemin says to quickly change the subject.

Minho takes a minute to think before answering, “Dare.” I can see that Taemin is plotting something and that gets me worried. ‘Taemin-ah, whatever you’re planning, it better not be something obvious.’

“I dare you to…do ageyo for Kate-noona, but since I don’t think that’s enough…also be creative and do a nice gesture for her!” My mouth silently opens, ‘Taemin that’s obvious! OB-VI-OUS!’ I look to the other to see if they suspect anything, all I see is them chuckling at the dare. Minho looks over at Taemin who’s smirking at him and gives him a little shove on the shoulder before getting up to sit next to me on the other side of the couch. His eyes are on me and also sitting towards me. It takes all my strength to make eye contact so he can do the dare. He closes his eyes and then the next thing I know, I see his hands in fists covering his face and then pops his head half way giving a huge smile at me while wiggling his shoulders.

He then says in an upbeat cute voice, “Kate-ah you’re so pretty!” He then bites his finger with his head down slightly looking up at me like he’s a little kid. I don’t have enough strength in me to hold back a blush fully so my face gets a little warm. Everyone laughs at the scene and Minho cups his hands in his face laughing slightly from being embarrassed. It’s only the first part of the dare, so now Minho thinks of what to do for the second part. He gets up to walk over to a vase with flowers in it and picks one out. He walks back over to me and kneels in front of me. Thinking this is it, he all of a sudden starts singing the chorus to SHINee’s song Hello, but a slowed down version to me. Minho keeps eye contact with me the entire time he sings. Once he finishes, everyone claps chuckling. He stands up and sits back down next to Taemin with a smile laughing a little from embarrassment. My face is burning and I know I have a huge blush on my face, plus my heart is beating a mile a minute.

“Aigo! Kate-ah you’re so red! Haha!” My eyes widen from Onew’s comment. ‘Oh no! Did they find out now!?’

“Haha! Well who wouldn’t blush after what Minho-ah did?” Key’s comment saves me completely from suspicion and I mentally sigh in relief. I look over to Taemin and he then turns his head to make eye contact with me. He gives me a smirk and does a quick wink before turning his head back in the direction he had it before.

All of us played the game for about another hour or two and by that time, it was dinner. TO make up for Onew having to throw out his one true love, chicken, Key decided to order some chicken for dinner. It made Onew so happy and we all laughed at his obsession of chicken. We all agreed during dinner that today wasn’t as bad as we thought it was going to be. We all now are watching a show, but it quickly ends because they all have to go to bed since they have an early and busy schedule tomorrow.

“We’re sorry that we have to leave you alone tomorrow.” Taemin says on behalf of everyone.

“Gwenchana, I have plans to go out and sightsee anyway.” I smile at them all.

“Arasseo, jal ja!”

“Jal ja!” I say to them all before they head to their room. I set up the pillows and sheets on my couch. This time for sure, I know I’m tired. I lie down and before falling asleep, I check my phone, “I wonder how everyone is doing…” ‘Again, today was a crazy day. Gah! I can’t believe what Taemin did! ...I’ll have to thank him later for it. Let’s see what exciting thing will happen tomorrow. Haha!’ With that last thought, I slowly drift off to sleep…this time knowing I’m not sleeping on anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Learn some Korean~! ^^

Gwenchana - It's alright / It's okay

Arasseo - Alright

Ageyo - Acting cute

Aigo - Oh my gosh!

Jal Ja - Good night

The part when Minho does ageyo is from this video I saw of him doing ageyo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Gi8YC9MmA