Chapter 5

Unexpected Drama

 

This time waking up, I smell the aroma of breakfast being made, it smells so good. I sit up to see Key almost done making breakfast and the other guys sitting at the table waiting for it. I start to feel embarrassed because I slept later than everyone; even Taemin and Onew are awake before me.

“Look who’s finally awake.” I hear Jonghyun say teasingly and make the members stop their conversation to look over at me.

“Heh, good morning everyone.” I say awkwardly with a small wave.

“Good morning noona!” Taemin cheerfully says to me. I get up starting to gather the sheets and pillow to put them away in the closet. I then head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower before heading back to go eat breakfast. I came out of the shower just in time because Key just finished making it. This time, I listen to everyone’s conversation and hardly talk. I’m distracted because I know that this is the last day that I’m staying in SHINee’s dorm. The renovations for my dorm were only for a week and today’s Saturday. ‘I…don’t want to leave, but I’ve probably been a hindrance to them a little, so I should. At least they have today off so I can spend one more day with them because after today, I probably won’t see much of them at all. I’ll be busy with my schedule and they’ll be busy with theirs. I want to make the most out of today.’

Onew takes notice of my silence and speaks up, “Kate-ah, what’s wrong? You’re so quiet today.” The other members then realize it too and look my way for an answer to the question.

“Hm, chincha? Mianhaeyo, I didn’t really notice. I just spaced out haha!” I make an excuse up sounding light-hearted so they don’t have to see I’m upset about leaving.

“Liar. Now tell us the truth.” Key says, ‘You really can’t get anything passed Key can you?’

I sigh and look down at my plate before saying, “Well, I guess I’m a little upset because it’s my last day here at your dorm…” They seem to have forgotten because their faces look a little surprised.

“Aw man, I totally forgot that you were only staying here for a week.” Jonghyun says slightly upset.

“We just became your friends and started getting to know each other!” Taemin also sounding upset about it. They all have their heads down thinking about it silently.

“Well hey guys! We have today off so at least we can make this an awesome day! One last hoorah!” Key says lifting up the mood for all of us. We all smile in determination and agree with what Key just said. We then start talking about what we can do to make the day great until, we hear Onew’s phone ring. He takes the call in another room and we go back to our discussion.

Onew walks into the room looking upset and says to the guys, “I just got off the phone with our manager. He wants us to come down to the SM building because an interview we had for tomorrow has been pushed up for today. He also said we have some other things we have to do.”

“Mwoaeyo!? Today is our day off!” Key exclaims at what he just heard.

“Yea, I told him that, but he just said he’ll have to make it up to us and give us one on another day. Mianhaeyo, Kate-ah.” Onew looks over to me and the other SHINee member do too with upset expressions clearly on their faces.

“Guys don’t worry about it! You can’t neglect your work just for me. Anyway, it’s not like I’m flying back to New York haha! I’m sure we’ll still be able to hang out. I’ll just finish up what I haven’t seen so far for sightseeing.” I smile at them while saying this, but inside I’m hurt. Their faces didn’t change, but they leave it alone and get up to get ready. They leave shortly after having apologetic looks on their faces, but I keep my smile so they don’t feel worse about it.

“I guess I’ll start packing up my things. Ha, Taemin will finally have his whole closet back.” I chuckle to myself trying to lift my own mood up. It took a long time for me to finish my packing and I decide to go out to one of the cafés to have lunch. It starts to get late now and I walk back to the dorms. When I get close, I can see Taemin standing in front of the entrance to the dorms.

“Taemin-ah? What are you doing here?” I ask him.

“Noona! We finished our schedule today, it happened to be one that didn’t end late.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Do you mind if we go for a walk?” he asks suddenly.

“Um, ok…what about everyone else?”

“They’re helping unpack for you at your dorm.” Taemin replies while starting to walk in a direction. I walk with him and for the first couple of minutes we walk in silence.

“I can’t believe so much has happened in only a week.” I break the silence while still walking next to him.

“What was your favorite part of this week?”

“Hm…I would have to say the pocky kiss you and Minho did that I dared you to do haha!” I jokingly answer him.

“Yah! Aniooo!” I can see he’s still embarrassed by it because he turns his face away trying to hide the blush. I can’t help but laugh because it’s such a cute scene.

“Really though…I think in general hanging out with all of you was fun.” I smile to myself thinking about the events.

“I bet your favorite part was sleeping on Minho-hyung’s lap.” Taemin gets his revenge from me making him blush.

“Aigo!! How do you even know about that!? You were still sleeping!” I blush ten shades of red, but because it’s night time he can’t see how red my face is.

He starts laughing and replies, “Jonghyun-hyung told me about it.” ‘Mental note…get revenge on Jonghyun.’ We walk a little more and I see from the corner of my eye Taemin checking his phone for something. I want to ask, but it could be personal, so I leave it be. He then says that we should walk back and I agree with him. Now back in front of the dorms, Taemin stops and turns to me.

“Um, Kate-noona, do you mind if we stop by my dorm first before going to yours?” He asks me.

“Huh? Wae?” I ask clearly confused.

“I left something there that I want to get.” I look at him suspiciously, but I let it go and just agree. ‘He probably just doing it for me so I have the chance to see the place one more time.’ We walk up to the floor they’re dorm is on which is also where my dorm is. We pass by mine and I sigh looking at the door. I look over at Taemin and I see he’s slightly smiling which hurts me a little. ‘Is he happy that I moved out?’ I look down at the floor the rest of the time walking and when Taemin opens the door I walk in. I finally look up and see right away something that surprises me.

“SURPRISE! WELCOME HOME!” SHINee shouts at me. I look around and I see a banner hanging ‘Welcome Home Kate-ah!’, the guys standing around the table each with a gift in their hands, a cake on the table with other food, and some other decorations around the dorm.

“Wh-what’s going on?” my mouth’s open and I’m trying to register what’s going on.

“We’re throwing you a Welcome Home party of course!” Key cheerfully says.

“Huh? This isn’t my dorm though.”

“Duh! Of course it is!” Jonghyun now pipes up.

“I’m not following here…explain.”

Onew steps up to talk, “Well, while at the SM building, we all didn’t want you to go and we knew that we would hardly so you since we’ll both have busy schedules. So, while we were there, we asked the head if you can stay in our dorm permanently and he had no objections to it!”

“So the means…”

“You get to stay with us!” Taemin says finishing my sentence. It all clicks in my head now and I get a huge grin on my face. I hug the person that’s closest to me and it’s Taemin.

I then pull away from Taemin and look at everyone again, “Are you really sure you want me here? I want be a burden to you all?”

Key walks up to me and bumps me on the head with a spoon he’s was holding before, “Yah! You’re silly! When were you ever a burden to us!? We wouldn’t have asked for you to stay here if we really didn’t want you living with us!”

I held my head where he hit me and I then look around at everyone who’s smiling at me taking in the sight again, “You guys…thank you so much!”

“Now can we eat the cake!?” I hear Jonghyun yell and Taemin nodding excitedly in agreement jumping up and down like a little kid.

“Don’t forget the chicken!” Onew of course says.

“Let’s eat!” I shout. We dig into the food the Key prepared for us all and it’s of course delicious. When all of us go on next to the cake, Onew is still working on the chicken, not much of a surprise. Everyone is now stuffed and we move over to the living room to relax while the food and cake digest. After a few minutes, Taemin runs back over to the table to grab one of the presents.

“It’s time for gifts!”He says while taking a seat next to me and handing me his gift.

“Aigo! You guys didn’t have to get me gifts.”

“It wouldn’t be a celebration if we didn’t.” Taemin smiles at me, “Now open my gift!”

I chuckle at his excitement and everyone watches as I open the first present. I open the box to see two small clip-in bows with tiny jewels in the center of the bows that sparkled brilliantly.

“Taemin-ah! They’re so pretty! Gamsahabnida!”

“I thought you would like them.” He’s clearly boosting with pride that I like them so much.

“Open mine next!” Jonghyun jumps up grabbing his present.

“No way! Mine is next!” Key says running to his gift too. Onew and Minho get up to grab their gifts too while Key and Jonghyun argue who’s I open next. I choose to open Key’s first since he worked hard cooking all the food which makes Jonghyun pout. I didn’t mind him pouting at all because he always looks cute when doing it. When I open Key’s present, I see that he got me a stylish new bag. Next is Jonghyun’s present and he got me three CDs that I’ve been wanting to really get. Onew is the next person to hand me their gift so I open it to find out that he got me a chicken stuffed animal, ‘Wow, even when giving someone a gift he has chicken on the brain haha!’

“Minho-hyung is next!” Taemin shouts. I look over to Minho and he’s holding a tiny box walking towards me. He takes a seat next to me and hands me the gift. Of course, my heart rate is up from him being so close to me and watching as I open the tiny box. What I see in the box make me stop short of breathing. In it, is a tiny phone charm that has a Border collie puppy attached to the end of it. I pick it up out of the box smiling at it.

“I remember how you said you have a Border collie back at home and that you missed him, so I thought you can look at the charm whenever you do miss him.” Minho explains his gift to me.

I turn to look at him and smile, “I love it. Gamsahabnida Minho-sshi.”

He smiles back happy that I like his gift and says, “Cheonmannaeyo.”

Our little moment ends when Jonghyun shouts, “Yah! I’ve noticed you still call us by our names formally. If you’re going to be living here now call us oppa.”

“Oh, um, ok…Jonghyun-oppa.” I say while blushing a little. After I finish opening all the gifts, the celebration soon ends and we all pitch in to help clean up the decorations. I head to the closet to get my blankets and pillow, but once Key sees what I’m doing he stops me.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” he asks me.

“Um, I’m getting ready to put the blankets and pillow on the couch so I can sleep.” I look at him with a blank expression.

“Well, you CAN sleep on the couch if you want to, but then our last surprise would go to waste.”

“Last surprise?” I ask now totally clueless.

He sighs and grabs my wrist pulling me in a direction with the other guys following close behind. He drags me in front of a door that I’ve always passed by, but never entered. He gestures me to open the door and do what he tells me to do. I open it and enter to find the room containing a bed with red comforter with two matching pillows, a shelf above the bed, a desk across from the bed, and next to the desk is a closet.

“This room before was just for storage since we didn’t know what else to do with it, but we cleaned it up since you can’t keep sleeping on the couch.” Key explains to me while admiring what they did with the room.

I feel my eyes start to get watery, but I hold back the tears and turn to the guys standing at the entrance choking out “Guys, thank you so much…for everything.”

They smile at me pleased with my reaction and they come into the room giving me a group hug. They then exit so I can enjoy my new room by myself and get ready to go to bed. I see in the closet that all my clothes are neatly organized. I then put the gifts I got from them all on the desk and I see two picture frames that contain two of the pictures I took with SHINee on the day we hung out. I walk over to the bed after I change and grab my phone. I grab Minho’s gift and put the charm on my phone staring at it after I finish putting it on. ‘I really have a home here in Korea now…and a family.’ I smile to myself, lie down in my new bed, and go to sleep because the next day is the start of my preparations for debuting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I didn't use any new Korean words in this one....mianhaeyo! >.<

Hope you're enjoying it so far ^^