Chapter 16

Unexpected Drama

What I see in front of me is Taemin dressed as a girl. He has a long black wig on, a skirt, tights, a blouse…the whole deal except for heels. I even see him acting like a girl looking down obviously embarrassed with what he’s wearing. Finally after examining him thoroughly, I start cracking up so hard that it’s difficult to obtain oxygen.

“Yah! Noona!” Taemin shouts at me to stop laughing. I try to calm my laughing down into just chuckles and I succeed.

“Mianhae Taemin-ah. It’s just…so funny! Why are you cross-dressing?” I ask him between chuckles.

“Hyungs told me to disguise myself as a girl because it would make you laugh…and it did.” I see him smile when he knows that the plan is a success.

“Aw! Gomawo!” I walk over to hug him. I get a better look at him now that I’m closer. He actually looks like a girl, ‘Taemin looks so…pretty!’ All of a sudden, I spot a strap underneath his blouse.

“Aigo! Taemin-ah…are you actually wearing a bra!?”

He looks down and then adjusts it a little, “Ne.”

His action just made me laugh again, “Taemin-ah, when you commit to something…you go all out!” His face reddens a bit and I can’t help reach up to his cheek and pinch it. “Anyway, come on.” I grab his wrist and start pulling him in a direction.

“Where are you taking me? I’m the one who should be pulling you somewhere.” He asks me clearly confused.

“Ne…hajiman…you need to change.”

“Mwo? Wae?”

“Taemin-ah I know you don’t feel comfortable dressed like that. Plus…you look super cute and pretty…actually prettier than me. You’re totally outshining me haha!” I look back saying this while still pulling him to a clothes store. I hear him laugh and doesn’t argue with my decision. We enter a store for guys’ clothes and start searching for something he’ll wear today. He doesn’t really need my help because he picks out something right away and goes to buy it. I wait for him to change into the new outfit and once he comes out, it’s the Taemin I’m used to seeing. For some reason, I feel my face warm up a little, but I quickly ignore it. He checks himself in the mirror to make sure it looks good on him. I walk over to him with a hat and sunglasses.

He turns around towards me, “How does it look?”

I stop and examine the outfit, “It looks great! You’re definitely fashionable, but don’t forget your disguise.” I continue to walk up to him. I hand him the sunglasses and then place the hat on his head myself adjusting it a little, “There…now it’s the manly Taemin-ah that I know and love.” I now look from the hat to him while smiling with my hands still on the hat.

“Gomawo.” He returns a small smile but then looks away from me and I see him blush.

“Aw! You’re so cute!” I pinch his cheek while saying that.

He pulls back a little and his face changes into disbelief “Wait! I thought I was manly!”

“Ne…you’re cute and manly.” I chuckle at his reaction to calling him cute.

“I can’t be both!”

“Yes you can!”

“Anio!”

“Ne!”

“Anio!”

“Ne!” The little “Anio and Ne” battle continues while walking out of the store. It ends with both of us sticking our tongues out at each other and then laughing after. Taemin puts his sunglasses on and now it’s his turn to grab my wrist and pull me in a direction. “So, what do you have planned for your time with me today?” I ask him.

“Hmm…you’ll see when we get there.” I can see the excitement he has for wherever he’s taking me. We walk a little more until we’re in front of an arcade. I immediately get excited because I absolutely love arcades. I once again end up pulling him running inside. We play a bunch of games together like the racing game, shooting game, and air hockey. We walk around to see what we should play next and I come across my favorite arcade game.

“Taemin-ah! It’s Dance Dance Revolution! Come on let’s play!” I drag him to the game before anyone else can get to it first.

“What’s Dance Dance Revolution?”

I turn to him and my mouth drops, “You’re a dancer! How do you not know this game!?” His response is just a shrug and I slap my forehead. “Well basically you just need to look at the arrows and when it goes to the top, that’s what you press with your feet, the dance pad.”

“Sounds easy enough.” He says and then we both take our places on the dance pads. I choose a song that’s not that hard so he can get the feel for it. I’m doing fine and when I look over to see how Taemin is doing, he’s having difficulty looking down once in a while to see what arrow he’s pressing, but then missing some since he’s not looking at the screen. I smile at how he looks like a child, ‘Taemin is just so cute!’ Once we finish the song, I end up winning.

“Aigo! I beat you Taemin-ah! I can’t believe I beat you in dancing!” I do my signature excited dance which consists of me jumping up and down with my hands in fists covering my mouth.

Taemin pouts a little, “…I think I’m getting the hang of this, so let’s play again.” I do as he says and I choose another song, this time a little harder. I have a little more difficulty this time since I’m not an expert at the game. This time when I look over at Taemin, my mouth forms into a small “O.” It’s like he magically became an expert because now he’s dancing to it with ease. He’s staring at the screen looking so serious and focused while not missing a single arrow. ‘How the…!?’ The song ends and this time Taemin is the winner.

I turn to him in disbelief, “Taemin-ah! How did you magically become an expert at the game!?”

“Molla. I guess I got a little competitive.” He says shyly rubbing the back of his head.

“You instantly switched into dancing Taemin-ah mode haha!” He chuckles at what I say and we get off the game so others can play it. We’re about to leave the arcade until Taemin spots something and walks away from me heading to whatever he sees. I follow him and he’s at the crane machine game.

Once I’m next to him, he turns to me, “Noona, let me try winning you something! Pick something for me to grab.”

In the machine, I spot something that I like, “Aw! The stuffed cow is so cute!”

“Arasseo! I’ll get that for you!” Taemin puts the money in the machine and he tries to get the stuffed cow. He attempts to grab it, but fails. “Don’t worry; I’ll keep trying until I get it.”

“I don’t want you to waste your money trying to win it for me.” I put my hand on his wrist to stop him from putting more money in the machine.

He turns to face me again and smiles, “I want to get it for you, Noona…please.”

I let go of wrist, “Arasseo.” He tries again and makes sure he can get the cow this time.

“By the way, Noona…” he says to me while still playing the game.

“Ne?” I look towards him watching as his eyes are still glued to the game.

“There’s no way that I can be prettier than you.” He smiles and then presses the button to let the crane attempt to grab the cow. The claw successfully grabs the cow this time. “Aigo! I did it Noona!” He has a big grin facing me, but I’m still taken aback with what Taemin said before and my face is a little flushed. “Noona?” He waves his hand in front of my face and I snap out of it.

“Oh! Mianhae! I spaced out a little haha! That’s great Taemin-ah!” I say excitedly back at him. He grabs the stuffed animal, but before he hands it to me, Taemin turns away from me. I try to look over his shoulder to see what he’s doing, but I jump backwards a little when he quickly turns back around.

“Here you go! I think he has a gift for you too.” He hands me the cow and I gladly take it. I’m confused with what Taemin means until I see a bracelet on the arm of the cow. I take it off and see the bracelet more clearly. It’s beaded and simple, with a tiny white bow out of ribbon on the top.

“Aigo! It’s so pretty!” Taemin takes it out of my hand then takes my right arm to put it on my wrist.

“Tah-dah! It’s pretty like you! Happy White Day, Noona!” I can’t help but place a huge smile on my face and then hug him.

“Gomawo, Taemin-ah! I love it!”

“Cheonmannaeyo.” He hugs me back and after a few more seconds we break the hug. We walk out of the arcade finally, “That was great! I really like that dance game we played. We should come back with the hyungs so they can play it too.” I nod in agreement. It’s 5pm now and Taemin’s turn to spend the day with me is over, and I know that Jonghyun is next. The van to pick Taemin up parks in front of the arcade, but before he leaves I pull my camera out.

“Taemin-ah, let’s take a picture with the cow.” He nods and walks next to me. I hold the cow between our faces and Taemin takes the picture for me.

He hands me back the camera, “I think the cow should have a name.”

“Hmm, what do you have in mind?”

He thinks for a minute and then I see that one pops into his head, “How about Spot?”

I laugh, “Anio! That name isn’t original.” All of a sudden I think of one, “I know! His name will be Uyu!”

“Uyu?” he asks confused.

“Ne! It is a cow after all and it reminds me of your love for milk haha!”

He laughs getting the name now, “Ah! It’s perfect! He’s now Uyu!” Taemin now turns towards the van and before closing the door he waves to me, “Annyeong Kate-noona! Annyeong Uyu!”

“See you back at the dorm later!” I wave bye to him. He closes the door and the van drives off. I have a feeling Jonghyun will be here soon so I decide to stand in front of the arcade until he comes. I put Uyu in my bag since he’s tiny enough to fit. ‘I really wonder what Jonghyun has planned for me. I guess this is kind of our second date…most likely he’s going to make it like it is.’

Ten minutes pass by and still no sign of Jonghyun. ‘I wonder if he knows I’m here. Well he should since Taemin must have told him where we’ll be.’ After another five minutes, a black car comes along and stops right in front of me. The driver gets out of the car and opens the door. I wait for Jonghyun to step out and appear, but no one does. I look at the driver and he gestures me to go in the car. I’m a little confused, but I go inside the car anyway. ‘I guess I’m going to him instead of him coming to me.’ The drive to wherever I’m going is relaxing. I’ve always loved looking out the window of a car and watching everything pass me by, it’s even better with music.

Finally the car stops and it looks like we’re at a park. The driver opens the door for me pointing which way for me to go and I say thank you. It’s dark out now so there’s no one really in the park and I slowly walk in the direction I was pointed in. The walk is short because all of a sudden I see a table set for two with candles, flowers and a meal on it. I walk towards the table and I then see Jonghyun appear from behind a tree dressed-up in a white dress shirt ed a little on the top with it tucked into black pants and finishing the look is a black blazer. Seeing the set up with him standing near it seems like this is a scene from a romantic movie. ‘Jonghyun looks so handsome.’

I walk over to him and he finally says, “Annyeong Kate-ah. Happy White Day. Do you like it?” I’m still speechless so I just give him a smile and nod. He chuckles obviously pleased by my reaction and he holds out his hand, “Shall we eat?” I place my hand on his and he grabs it taking me to the table. Jonghyun lets go and pulls out my chair for me, then once I sit, he takes his seat across from me. The food in front of us looks delicious and the taste matches how it looks. We eat in silence for a few minutes until I finally speak.

“Jonghyun-oppa, this is great. How were you able to do this?” I ask him.

He pauses from eating and chuckles giving me a little smirk, “I have my ways of putting things together. Since its White Day and kind of our second date, I wanted to do something really nice for you.” Before I can respond he speaks again making eye contact with a smile, “By the way, Kate-ah…you look very lovely tonight.”

I blush and break the eye contact looking down, “G-gomawo, Jonghyun-oppa. You look really handsome tonight.” I look up at him and see that he likes my response. We continue to eat and talk from time to time about random things. The dinner is going well, until we’re half way done that something happens. Just as I’m about to take another bite of my food, I feel something land on my face. When I touch my face to see what it is, it’s a raindrop. In the next minute, I feel more and then turns from drizzling to pouring. Jonghyun and I get up from the table then we run taking shelter by the closest thing to us which is a tree. Fortunately the tree we choose has leaves growing on it already, so it covers us enough. We look back at where the table is and see that the candles have gone out, the vase the flowers are in is overflowing, and the food we were eating is soaked. I can’t help but start laughing at the situation and Jonghyun looks over at me.

“Yah! Why are you laughing!?” I can clearly see he’s upset that the rain ruined his planned evening.

I quiet my laugh feeling kind of bad, “Mianhae. I thought it was funny how we both reacted so quickly and ran under here. I know that you worked hard planning this for me…mianhae.” Jonghyun doesn’t say anything and then he starts laughing.

I look at him puzzled and he responds to my expression, “It was funny how we just ran like that haha!” I start laughing again too after he says that. I keep on laughing until I hear thunder and I stop instantly with my reflex being to grab onto Jonghyun’s arm. He stops laughing now and looks down at me, “Kate-ah, gwenchana?”

I realize what I did and quickly let go rubbing the back of my head, “Ah, mianhae! The thunder just surprised me a little haha!” There’s another loud sound of thunder and I wince grabbing onto his arm again holding on tight.

“Kate-ah…are you afraid of thunder?” He asks me. Another sound of thunder comes and I squeeze his arm a little and nod to his response. He detaches his arm from my grip and I look up at him feeling a little hurt that he did that. ‘I guess I annoyed him.’ My deduction is wrong because he takes his blazer off and covers me with it. Jonghyun then puts his arms around me pulling me close to his chest. I’m about to pull away feeling completely embarrassed, but another sound of thunder comes and my reflex makes me grab onto his shirt and cling to him. ‘He’s…he’s so warm.’ We stay like this for a few minutes with him staying silent while I wince every time there’s thunder, but I calm down more with each one. “Are you feeling better?” He asks me and I feel his eyes are on me.

“N-Ne. Gomawo.” I respond to him quietly. His phone goes off and he quickly takes it out of his pocket to see that he has a new text message. Once he finishes reading it, Jonghyun puts it back in his pocket.

“Minho-ah texted me saying he’ll be a little late.” He looks up at the sky, “The rain should stop soon.”

“A-Arasseo.” I don’t look at him at all while stuttering and he takes notice of it.

“Is there something wrong, Kate-ah?” He asks me curiously.

“Anio. I’m fine.” I still look down not meeting his gaze, but then he moves his head so I have to look at him. I just turn my head and look away.

“You know you’re not a very good liar.” He smiles at me. ‘In some things I am good at lying.’ I finally look over at him and Jonghyun smiles even more because he sees how red my face is even though it’s dark out.

“I’m just…embarrassed.”

“Wae?” I can tell that he really wants to know.

“I don’t like looking so vulnerable. Plus…I’ve n-never…been this close like this to a guy before.” I once again look away from him while saying this.

“If you’re uncomfortable and want me to move away from you I can.” While saying this he slowly removes his grip from me.

“Anio. It’s actually helping me stay calm from the thunder. Gomawo, Oppa.” I stop him and he then puts his arms back around me.

“Cheonmannaeyo. I’m glad I can help.” We stay like this until the rain lets up and after about another 10 minutes it stops. He let’s go of me and we walk out from under the tree. I give him back his blazer saying thank you and he puts it back on. Jonghyun turns to me, “We got kind of wet, let’s walk over to a café to dry off a little.” I give him a nod for my response. He takes my hand and we start walking down a path towards a café. “Kate-ah?”

“Ne?” I look up at him.

“Mianhae, I wanted to do something nice for you and let you have a good time, but I ruined it.” I see how upset he looks and I stop walking letting go of his hand. He stops too and turns to face me.

“Jonghyun-oppa, you didn’t ruin anything. How were you supposed to know that it would rain? What you did for me was very sweet and I’m really happy about it.” I’m happy to make him feel better and smile.

His face then changes like he just remembered something, “Ah! I almost forgot about it!” He searches through his blazer pockets until he pulls out a long box with a bow on top. “This is my gift to you.” Jonghyun hands the gift to me and I take it from him. When opening the box, it reveals an oval-shaped locket connected to a silver chain. I take the necklace out of the box and open the locket to see one side is a group picture of SHINee and me from the first time I hung out with them outside. The other side is one of the pictures Jonghyun and I took in the photo booth on our first date.

“I…I love it! This is amazing! Gomawo, Oppa!” He grins taking the locket from my hands and puts it around my neck. I look down at the locket admiring it once he finishes putting it on. Turning towards him with a smile since he’s now behind me I say, “Let’s take a picture together now that I’m wearing the necklace.” His face reveals that he’s not too excited about it and I understand why. “Even though we look bad from the rain, I think it would be nice to have a picture to remember today….please, Oppa?” I attempt to look cute pouting and it’s a success.

“Arasseo, arasseo. Give me your camera, I’ll take the picture.” He crouches a little next to me almost cheek to cheek since I’m short and he does a peace sign with a cheesy grin while I make a weird expression.

He hands me back the camera and I take it back, “Again…gomawo, Jonghyun-oppa.”

“Cheonmannaeyo, Kate-ah.” I realize how close we are to each other and he must realize it too. He leans forward towards me and I know what he’s attempting. I feel my heart racing and my face getting flush. ‘He did this last time, but just kissed me on the forehead because he saw how nervous I was.’ He stops and makes eye contact with me and I know he’s asking if it’s ok. I do a tiny nod letting him know its fine and he continues leaning closer to me. Jonghyun is about to steal my third kiss until I then spot someone at a distance behind Jonghyun. Squinting, I see that it’s Minho walking towards us. I put my hands on Jonghyun’s chest stopping him.

He looks at me confused, “I see Minho-oppa.” Jonghyun turns to see Minho coming over to us and stands back a little from me. ‘Minho would’ve found out if I didn’t spot him sooner.’ Finally Minho stops walking and is where we are.

“Annyeong, Minho-oppa.” I greet him. He smiles and says hello too. “I guess you’re the last one of the day.”

“Ne, sorry that I came a little late.” He responds.

“Gwenchana. So, what’s your plan for me?” I walk over to Minho to his side.

“You’ll know when we get there. The car is parked over there, gaja.” He smiles at me while gesturing to where the car is. I nod and start to walk with him, but then I stop and turn around to Jonghyun.

“Annyeong, Jonghyun-oppa. I’ll see you back at the dorm.” He waves bye, but I can see easily that he’s upset that the kiss was interrupted and I feel bad about it. I turn away and walk with Minho to the car. The car ride is actually pretty short and I can see that we’re near our dorm. Minho opens that door for me and I thank him. Jokingly I ask, “Was the car ride back to the dorm your plan?”

He chuckles, “Anio. We’re now walking from here.” He starts walking in a direction I’ve never been to and I jog over to catch up to him. I still feel a little awkward around him even though things between us cleared up, but it was just yesterday. We walk in silence for a while, but then he decides to end it.

“It must be hard living in a place where you can’t speak in your native language.” I look up at him surprised because he spoke to me in English. He just looks down and gives me a smirk.

I clear my throat and decide to respond back in English, “Yea, it’s hard…but it’s challenging and fun. Living here in Korea is a great opportunity. Um, can I ask why you’re talking to me in English?”

“Remember the first night at our dorm when we spoke to each other for the first time? I said if you get tired of speaking in Korean, you can talk to me in English.” ‘He remembers that!? I don’t even recall what we talked about at my first night at the dorm!’

“Oh, really? I forgot about that haha.” I hear him chuckle and it makes me too. We talk a little more and it’s all in English. ‘Wow his English skills are great.’ We reach the Han River, a place I haven’t been to yet. We walk along it enjoying each other’s company. I turn to him about to say something to him, but when I turn to my left, he’s not there. I stop and look around, “Minho?” I spot him jogging over to an ice cream cart and after a couple of minutes, jogs back over to me with two ice cream cones.

“Since you had dinner, I thought you would want dessert.” He cheerfully hands me the chocolate ice cream cone, “I remember you said that your favorite flavor is chocolate.” I take the cone with my hand brushing against his fingers slightly and it makes a few butterflies flutter in my stomach.

“Thank you, Minho.” I smile up at him. We continue walking and I glance over at him a few times to see him really enjoying his vanilla ice cream. I laugh quietly to myself, ‘He looks like a little kid enjoying his first ice cream cone. He’s adorable.’ Once again, Minho walks away from me and I look to where he’s going. This time, he goes up a tiny hill. He turns around and gestures me to follow him, so I do. When we reach the top of the hill, there’s a bench to sit at and it’s underneath this huge tree. Admiring the tree, I stop walking and look up with my mouth slightly agape.

“It looks even better when spring comes and has flowers blooming on it.” Minho says to me and I look back down to see him sitting on the bench taking a from his ice cream. I walk over to him and sit down next to him. The view of the Han River looks amazing from where we’re sitting. “This place is where I come when I’m feeling stressed or I’m upset about something. I discovered it one day when I went jogging. It’s peaceful and I’m able to clear my head.” Minho says this all to me with his elbows resting on his knees leaning slightly forward and looking out at the view. I can’t help, but admire how he looks right now. He’s smiling to himself slightly and watching the view in thought with the little breeze picking up his hair slightly. He turns his head towards me, “I thought you would like this place and you can use it too if you’re ever having a problem.”

“This is really a nice place to think and I’ll definitely use it. Thank you.” We make eye contact and then we both look back at the view still enjoying our ice cream.

“This place is definitely a special place.” He comments. With that, I couldn’t help but laugh. Minho sits up and looks over at me confused. “What?”

“Haha! I’m sorry! It’s just…the way you said special…it’s so funny!” I say between laughing.

“Hey! Don’t make fun of my accent!” I calm down after laughing and turn to him only to be painted with vanilla ice cream on my nose. I look down at my nose making my eyes cross-eyed and then up at Minho who is now laughing at me.

“Hey!” I get back at him by painting some chocolate ice cream on his cheek and its then my turn to laugh again. Minho tries to put more ice cream on me, but I swiftly make him miss. He stumbles and falls towards me, but saves himself by stopping himself with the bench on both sides of me. I closed my eyes while this happens, so when I open them I see Minho’s slight surprised face just a few inches away from mine. Even though it’s dark out, my cherry red face can be easily seen.

Minho sits back up, “Sorry about that.”

I cough a little, “Its fine. I mean you were the one who started it.”

“No way! You started it by laughing at how I say special!” He says the word again which makes me laugh. Minho playfully punches me on the arm and I finally stop. We finish our ice cream also off what we have on our faces and enjoy the nice weather even though it’s still kind of cold since spring hasn’t come yet. The rain from earlier made it possible to smell the fresh grass, but the scent I love the most is the smell of fresh rain and it’s still lingering in the air. “Kate.” I look over at him. Hearing him say my name in English without the honorific is different, but it’s nice.

“Yea?”

“Do you know what I like best about coming here at night?” I shake my head and then he smirks pointing up. The sky is now clear and I look up to see so many stars with the moon also out.

“Oh wow! It’s so pretty!” The view truly is breathtaking.

“Since there aren’t really any lights around, it’s possible to see so many stars.” Minho explains it to me.

“Minho, thank you for taking me here. This is really great.” My eyes don’t break away from the sky and I smile. “Oh and thank you for letting me take a break from talking in Korean. I really needed a conversation with someone in English.” Now I turn towards him, “Is it supposed to be my gift for White Day?”

“Ah! Thanks for reminding me! I almost forgot haha!” He stands up and reaches for something in his pocket. I stand up too facing him. Minho pulls out a small envelope and hands it to me. I take it from him and open it curious as to what’s inside of it. It looks like a business card, but I flip it to the other side seeing it’s handmade and decorated.

There’s something handwritten in English on it and I read it out loud, “Happy White Day, Kate. This card grants you one wish from Minho. This doesn’t have an expiration date. Think wisely about what you want. From, Minho.” I look up at him after I’m done reading it. “So you’re going to grant me one wish?”

He smiles and nods, “Yes, whatever you want, but of course something that’s not impossible.”

Looking down at the card, I smile then back up at him, “Thank you! I think I’ll hold on to it for now since I can’t think of anything right now haha.”

“Ok then, just don’t lose it haha. How about we head back now?”

 “Sounds good but wait, let’s take a picture first. The background is perfect for a picture.” He nods and I take my camera out placing it on the bench. I set the timer up and we stand far away enough so the camera gets us and the background in the frame. Once the picture is taken, I go to grab my camera from the bench. Minho walks down the hill first and I watch him as he does. Looking back at the card I sigh, ‘I do have a wish for you…but it’s impossible.’

“Kate come on! I think it might rain again!” Minho shouts from down the hill.

Snapping out of it, I run down the hill to where he is, “I’m coming!” The walk to the dorm is nice and we get to talk a little more. At one point he gets a text message reading it quickly, and then puts it in his pocket again. I’m wondering who it is, but brush it off. We’re finally back in front of the dorms and Minho suddenly stops walking.

“Kate, do you mind if I go up first?”

“Um, sure. Why?” I ask with curiosity.

“I remember that I have to email someone around this time and I’m actually kind of late. I’m going to run up ahead.” He starts walking backwards away from me as he says this.

“Ok, I’ll be upstairs in a second.” Minho turns around and runs up to our dorm. I linger back taking my time when all of a sudden I hear my phone ring. I look to see who it is and when I recognize the number, I reject the call. Staring at my phone I say quietly, “I thought you would have given up by now. I forgot that I need to change my phone…maybe I’ll do it tomorrow.” I’m now in front of the door to the dorm and when I open it, everything is dark inside. I flick on the lights and happen to see…‘Oh my gosh.’

“TAH-DAH!”  Its SHINee dressed in their Hello Baby animal pajamas.

“Mwo!?” I’m still surprised by what’s in front of me.

Onew steps forward, “We thought this could be a gift from all of us.”

“It was Taemin-ah’s idea, but Minho-ah suggested the costumes…once again.” Jonghyun says pointing to both of them.

“Idea…to do what?” I ask the suspiciously.

“Well stop standing there so we can show you!” Key comes up to me quickly taking my jacket off and then pulling towards the couch pushing me down gently on it. The next minute, I hear music start to play and I recognize the song, it’s “Hello.” They start dancing the choreography, then start singing to me. ‘They’re giving me…a personal concert!?’ Through the whole song I feel my face getting warmer and warmer. ‘5 handsome guys with amazing voices and dancing skills are performing in front of me. My inner fan girl is going to come out…oh gosh!’ I get chills when Jonghyun does his signature notes. The song ends and I’m about to clap, but then another song starts to play and it’s “Ring Ding Dong.” With this performance of theirs, I couldn’t help but laugh when they’re dancing because it looks silly with the costumes. That song ends and I clap standing up. They do their bows grinning widely, but I can see that they’re embarrassed.

“Aigo! Gomawo! That was great!” I cheerfully say to the members.

“Well we would like to dance to one more song…but you’re joining in.” Taemin says and I see a mischievous grin on his face.

“What do you mean?” I ask slightly nervous.

Taemin reveals a medium sized box and hands it to me, “This is from all of us.”

“Ah guys! You seriously did enough for me!”

“Yah! Just open it or we’ll return it.” The diva side of Key says. I open it and pull it out to reveal animal pajamas like SHINee, but mine is a panda.

“Once you change we can do the last dance.” Jonghyun says with his signature grin. I go into my room and quickly change into them. Looking into my mirror, I actually admire them and think they’re adorable. I run back into the living room and when I step out they clap which makes me get embarrassed.

“Aigo! You look cute in it, Noona!” Taemin cheerfully says running over to me to pinch my cheek.

“Ne! You look adorable!” Jonghyun now runs over to pinch my other cheek.

I wiggle away from them, “Yah! No pinching of the cheeks please and I love these pajamas! They’re so comfy! Yoropun gomawo!”

“Arasseo! Let’s dance!” Onew turns the music on and starts doing a weird dance. I thought that I would dance to one of their songs doing the choreography, but it’s just another song that we can dance crazy to. We all join in and have a blast dancing in our animal outfits. The fun quickly ends after the song because we’re all now completely exhausted. We decide to all sleep in the living room together with our pajamas on. Since I’m the only girl, I take the couch while the guys sleep on the floor. Everyone walks around preparing the blankets and pillows while I go to my room to put Uyu with the other two stuffed animals I got also putting the other gifts away safely along with my camera. I hear a knock on my door and walk over to answer it. The person at my door is Jonghyun.

“Jonghyun-oppa, need anything.” I ask him. He looks hesitant like he’s deciding if he wants to say something or not.

“Oh um…I was just making sure that you were bringing your pillow and blanket.” He says and I instantly know that’s not what he wants to say. I have an idea of what he came to my room for. He starts walking away from my door, but I stop him.

“Jonghyun-oppa.” He turns back around to face me. I go over to him and look around to see if anyone is watching. I then look down, but then up at him in the eyes. He’s unsure and looks confused. I hesitantly tip-toe, place my hands on his chest and get closer to him until I reach his lips. He stays stiff for a minute, but then kisses me back and put his arms around my waste. I pull away feeling embarrassed with my face burning and look away. “I saw how upset you were earlier when you couldn’t kiss me so…I-”

“Gomawo Kate-ah.” I look up to see him smiling from ear to ear. I smile back at him glad that I made him happy. “I’m going to go to the bathroom and get ready for bed.” I nod and he walks away. I go back into my room to grab my pillow and blanket. All of a sudden my door knocks again and I assume its Jonghyun forgetting something.

“Come in!” I yell to him since I have stuff in my hands.

“Kate-ah?” I turn to see Key in my room closing the door behind him.

“Key-oppa? Is there anything you need?” I’m curious as to why he’s in my room. I put down the things on my bed and face him.

He walks closer to me and looks confused, “Are…are you and Jonghyun-hyung dating?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow! This is definitely my longest chapter haha! Hope you enjoyed it~! ^_^