Chapter 15

Unexpected Drama

 

Attempting to take a nap quickly fails because my mind is still filled with thoughts from what just happened. Instead I start to pace in the room while trying to sort out my thoughts. ‘Ok, so it didn’t help at all that he had no expression on his face what-so-ever. From what I can tell, he believes me so I don’t have to worry anymore. Gah! No! I still have to worry! I don’t want something like that to happen again. Minho’s dating Krystal…so I need to stop having feelings for him. It shouldn’t be that hard…I hope.’

I stop pacing and take a deep breath as a relief from solving the problem, but I then remember something I still need to fix. ‘Jonghyun is mad at me still. I need to go talk to him.’ I start heading for the door, but as soon as I reach for the doorknob, it opens and I see Seunghye, the producer, and Minho walking in. ‘I guess I’ll talk to him after.’ They walk by me and when Minho passes by, he looks at me giving me a small smile. Instantly my stomach gets a few butterflies and I shyly smile back. Once he looks away and enters the sound booth, my head falls while I sigh ‘This is going to be harder than I thought.’

Finally we’re done recording for the day and Seunghye quickly says her good-bye to Minho and I, then walks out with the producer. I grab my things and I don’t notice that Minho walks up to me until he speaks.

“So, we should meet up with the guys since they should be done for the day too.” He says casually to me.

“Oh, um, arrasseo.” I respond to him without making eye contact.

“Gaja.” He then walks towards the door with me following. He opens it and holds the door for me so I can walk out first. The walk to where the rest were is silent and I don’t know about him, but it feels awkward. Once we get there, I see them standing outside the dance studio door waiting for us. They spot us turning towards us and end their discussion.

“Yoropun, annyeong!” I greet them cheerfully. They say hi back with a smile on their face. Taemin and I make eye contact. He looks at Minho then back at me and I know he’s asking if we’re ok between us now. I give him a quick nod with a smile and he smiles brighter from relief. Now, I look towards Jonghyun and we briefly look at each other until he looks to the side frowning the whole time. ‘He’s still mad at me.’

The car ride home is surprisingly quiet, but it’s most likely because everyone is exhausted. Fortunately, we have two days off starting tomorrow and I definitely need it. I keep looking over at Jonghyun and the whole time he’s just looking out the window with a straight face. At one point, there’s a small discussion on what we’re going to eat for dinner. Key just says leftovers since it’s kind of late and we’re all fine with it, except Onew who complains a little, but once Key says there’s leftover chicken, he stops automatically. Finally we get to our dorm and I immediately go to my room falling onto my bed. Today was physically and mentally exhausting, but things should be a lot smoother now that I have a plan for Minho. It’s a simple plan, but a plan nonetheless. After twenty minutes I hear Key call everyone saying that dinner is ready. I hop out of bed after checking my email on my laptop and head to my door. Once I open my door, I see Jonghyun pass by and he stops turning towards me when he notices me. He’s about to walk back towards the kitchen, but I decide is a good time to talk.

“Jonghyun-oppa,” he stops again, but doesn’t turn around, “can I talk to you for a minute?” He doesn’t say anything, but he turns and walks into my room. I close the door after he does and he finally speaks.

He turns and looks at me with a straight face saying, “What do you want to talk to me about?”

I walk closer to him until I’m a few feet away and look down, “Mianhae. I know I made you worry about me when I passed out and then decided to stay at the building.”

“Why would you stay to practice more when you were in no shape to?” I can hear some anger in his voice even though it’s subtle.

“Well, actually…I didn’t really practice.”

“Mwo?” This time it’s confusion in his voice.

“I was going to do a little, but...I ended up falling asleep on the couch.” I look to the side rubbing the back of my head from embarrassment. “Jonghyun-oppa?” I don’t hear him say anything so I look at him finally. What I see is no longer his straight face, but him trying not to laugh…which fails. He laughs loudly bending over holding his stomach. “Yah! Stop laughing at me!”

“Mianhae! I can’t…help it! It’s just…too funny…and cute!” he says to me in between fits of laughter.

He calms down finally and I say while pouting with my arms crossed, “Finished now?”

“Ne, mianhae Kate-ah. I couldn’t help it.”

“Arasseo, arasseo. Do you forgive me?” I ask getting back to the main topic.

“Ne. Since you didn’t actually practice and just fell asleep, there’s nothing to be mad about. I’m glad you got some rest though.” I finally see his infamous grin back on his face.

“Yea, it felt good sleeping for a long time haha. Anyway, we should go to the kitchen before Key-oppa gives away our portion to Onew-oppa and Taemin-ah.” Jonghyun gives me a quick hug and then we make our way to the table. Today’s dinner is…different and odd. Throughout the meal, I see all of them making strange eye contact and then whisper something once in a while to one another.

In the middle of the meal I finally say something, “Yah! What’s going on guys!?”

They all look towards me with blank stares and Onew speaks up with some food still in his mouth, “What do you mean?”

“What do you mean “What do you mean?”!? What’s with all the little…things!?” I give them a look of disbelief while doing crazy hand gestures.

“…Things?” Now Taemin asks.

I sigh from frustration but calm myself, “Things as in giving each other suspicious eye contact and whispering to each other from time to time. You guys are up to something or I’m going crazy.”

I still see blank expressions on their faces and now Key speaks for the rest with his diva attitude coming out, “Mostly likely you’re going crazy then because I have no idea what you’re talking about.” The other guys nod agreeing with Key.

I place my hand on my head and sigh once again, “…Arasseo, whatever you say…but I’m not going crazy!”

With that said, we all continue eating and the little suspicious things I saw before weren’t happening again. I’m still suspicious of them, but I don’t bring it up again for the rest of the night. Today was exhausting and everyone else agrees with me, so after dinner we decide to head straight for bed. Before going to bed, I need to go to the bathroom to wash-up and brush my teeth. On my way there. I don’t pay attention to what’s in front of me and collide right into someone.

“Ah! Mianhae!” I look up to see a slightly surprised Minho with just his pajama pants on and shirtless exposing his abs. My eyes widen and in milliseconds my face is burning and my heart feels like it’s going to burst out of my chest. I’ve never seen any of the members shirtless before. Only in pictures or videos and just seeing the OMG performance Minho does in concert on YouTube made my heart race. I look down immediately to try and hide my face.

“Gwenchana, Kate-ah?” he asks me sounding casual.

“N-ne.” It’s the only thing I can get out of my mouth at the moment. I attempt to look up at him, but it’s a bad idea because I just melt even more to the point where my legs might give out. “Jal ja!” I practically run into the bathroom after saying that and close the door immediately. I lean against the door trying to calm down, ‘Oh gosh…this plan might be impossible…’ Once I brush my teeth and change into my pajamas, I plop into my bed. I’m so tired that I don’t even have my little reflection about the day and just fall asleep instantly.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Kate-ah!!!” I sit up quickly out of bed startled and see standing at the end of my bed SHINee minus Minho.

“Yah! What are you doing!?” I shout at them. I hate when people wake me up no matter what time it is. It just makes me irritated so I use an alarm that’s on my phone to wake me up because I don’t mind the music.

“Happy White Day!” they shout in unison again with big smiles on their faces.

“Mwo?” I ask them confused while rubbing sleep out of my eyes.

“Today is White Day, Noona!” Taemin says excitedly.

“Ne! Since on February 14th, Valentine’s Day, is when girls give gifts to guys, on March 14th, White Day is the day guys return the favor and give gifts to the girls!” Onew explains it all so I can understand.

“Oh! Chincha!? We don’t have this day in the U.S.” I had no idea about this holiday, ‘That’s why they were acting suspicious yesterday!’

“Ne. I think this holiday is only in Korea. Anyway, Kate-ah we planned the whole day out for you!” I finally hear Jonghyun talk and I see him with his classic grin.

“Mhm! I’m the first one to spend time with you today!” Key walks over to me with a tray and sits on my bed placing it gently over my lap. “First thing is breakfast in bed that I myself made.” I can hear his sense of pride in that sentence and I can’t help but chuckle a little. I look back over at the guys and notice again that Minho isn’t with them.

“Where’s Minho-oppa?” I ask curiously. I feel my cheeks tint a little remembering what happened last night.

“Ah, he’s spending the day with Krystal-ah, but he’ll come later for his part of the day.” Jonghyun responds. I feel a little hurt about it, but I don’t let it show. ‘Of course he’s spending White Day with her since they’re dating.’ After that was said, the guys leave my room leaving Key and I alone.

“Anyway let’s not waste the day chatting!” I nod and I grab my chopsticks, but then Key quickly snatches them away. “Anio. Today you’re letting Key-oppa feed you.” He says to me cheerfully. He picks up a piece of food and puts it in my mouth. The food of course is delicious, but I’m slightly embarrassed that he’s feeding me. It stays silent for a couple of bites, but then I decide to talk.

“Key-oppa?” I ask him.

“Mm?” He picks up another piece of food to put in my mouth.

I take a bite and then ask, “I was wondering if you can teach me how to cook on some days.”

He stops feeding me and excitedly looks up at me, “I would love to!” I smile at him and then he continues with a smirk nudging me, “Hmmm…is this perhaps for a guy?”

“Yah! Anio!” I push him on the shoulder a little and I can’t help, but blush.

“It is! Tell Key-eomma who it is.”

“Key-eomma?” I ask him confused.

“Ne, the guys sometimes call me that in the dorm since I kind of take care of them cooking and cleaning. So, you can call me Key-eomma too if you want.” He sits up a little straighter showing the pride he has for having the name.

I chuckle at him, “Arasseo…Key-eomma. Um, I guess I have to get used to it haha.”

“Anyway, back to the topic! Tell me who you have an interest in! Is it one of the guys? It must be!”

“Yah! I’m not saying anything!” ‘Taemin is the only one who needs to know…and he just found out by catching me off guard!’

He now leans in closer to me and whispers, “We all know that you’re not going to tell Jonghyun-ah who your favorite member is…but you can tell me, right?” Instead of responding, I just give him a look that clearly reads that I’m not telling him anything either. He then goes into his diva attitude looking displeased, but snaps out of it quickly. He begins to feed me again, but then he says “Well how about a hint I can-”

“Arasseo! Feeding time is over!” I grab the chopsticks from his hand and then say, “Let me finish eating so I can get ready to go out with you.”

Diva Key emerges once again standing up and pouts leaving the room saying “Aish! Arasseo, arasseo!”

After he closes the door behind him, I finish my breakfast quickly and change into my outfit for the day. Since, the guys are doing something special for me today; I decide to dress up a little for them even though I don’t know what they have planned. Once I’m done, I look into my mirror to see if my ensemble is good. I have on a black and white checker fitted dress with a long white-sleeved shirt underneath. I have on black tights since it’s still kind of the cold outside with flat black-leathered ankle boots. Accessories are simple medium-sized silver hoops and a long chain necklace with a tiny clear star at the end of it. I part my hair to one side leaving it out and to finish everything off, I put some bb cream and eyeliner. I’m satisfied with my look and head out of my room heading to the living room to see Key waiting by the entrance holding a tiny box.

“Omo! Kate-ah you look so nice! Very stylish!” he says once he sees me.

“Gomawo, Key-oppa!”

“Don’t thank me yet until you open this.” He then hands me the tiny box. I open it and reveal silver key earrings. “Now you can always remember me with these earrings! They had pink ones, but I know you’re not a fan of pink haha.”

“They’re so cute! Gomawo! I love them!” I hug Key in a tight embrace and then let go, “Hold on for a moment.” I run back into my room to switch my silver hoops to the key earrings that Key just gave me. I admire how they look on my ears for a moment and then go back to where Key is.

He immediately notices that I put them on and he places a big grin on his face, “Aigo! They look great on you! Alright, let’s go before my turn to spend the day with you is over.”

I put on my jacket and Key puts on his, but also puts on a hat and sunglasses, can’t forget that he’s famous. I have no idea what Key has planned for me, but I find out as soon as we get there. I get out of the car and see we’re at the mall which means…Key is taking me shopping. ‘I should have known the fashionista would take me shopping haha!’ Key pulls me inside taking me from store to store making me try on things. From each store he buys at least one thing for me and also something for himself. In one store we go to, I spot a sunglass and hats rack. I see this ridiculous hat and immediately pick it up. Then I walk over to Key from behind and take off his disguise hat putting the ridiculous hat on instead. He’s taken by surprise by the sudden hat attack, but then looks in the mirror.

“Even though this hat is crazy, I can still make it work!” He says while giving a pose in the mirror.

“Yah! You’re such a diva!” I shove him a little. Key walks over to where I got the hat and he picks up a hat and sunglasses then walks back to me. He puts the hat and sunglasses on me. This time, it’s the sunglasses that look ridiculous and I laugh once I see myself in the mirror with them on.

“Aigo! I don’t think I can pull it off.” I then remember I have my camera this time. “Key-oppa! Let’s take a picture together wearing these!”

“Arasseo!” We pose for the picture, but right when I’m about to take the picture I remember something.

“Wait! You need a pair of sunglasses from the rack!” I run over to where the sunglasses are and pick out a pair, then run back over putting them on him. “Now we can take the picture.” We take the picture and before we take off the hats and sunglasses, we look at ourselves in the mirror again and laugh. By the end of my hang out with Key, it almost lunch time and I’m already tired. ‘He seriously makes shopping like a sport.’

“Well, it’s the end of my turn. I hope you had a good time Kate-ah.” He says to me while we walk out of the mall.

“Ne! It was great! Gomawo, Key-oppa.”

“Ready to see whose turn it is?” I give him a nod as my response and then he does a head gesture saying to look to my left. I do as he says and I see Onew, in disguise of course, walking towards us waving. Key grabs my shopping bags saying that he’ll bring them home for me. I give him a hug before I run towards Onew.

“Onew-oppa! So you’re the next person?” I ask him cheerfully.

“Ne! I’m treating you for lunch!” he says excitedly.

“Lunch sounds so good right now after Key dragged me all around the mall haha!”

“Bap meugoro gaja!”

We don’t take a car and we didn’t need to since the walk to the restaurant he’s taking me to isn’t that far. The restaurant he takes me to is a Korean bbq restaurant and my mouth is already watering. We take our seats and I see the hot plate stove on our table where we cook the meat.

“This is my first time in a bbq restaurant since I was always afraid that I wouldn’t cook the meat all the way through.” I do a shy and embarrassed chuckle.

Onew also chuckles rubbing the back of his head and says, “Well, I’ve been before, but I’m not really good at cooking the meat.”

“Yah! We’re going to get ourselves sick!”

“Haha! Don’t worry, Kate-ah. I think we’ll be fine. Plus…we can always burn it if we’re not sure if we cooked it all the way, then we’ll know for sure we did!” Onew laughs at his joke.

“Aigo.” I sigh, but laugh along too. The waiter comes so we can order what meat we want to cook. Onew orders for the both of us and I notice that he doesn’t ask for any chicken. Once the waiter leaves I ask him.

“Onew-oppa, you didn’t order any chicken.”

“Ne, we eat it a lot at our dorm so I thought you might be sick of it by now since you’re not a chicken lover like me haha.” He responds to me with a smile. I look at him for a moment and then bring the waiter back over to us.

“Shillyehamnida, can we also add chicken to our meat order. Gamsahabnida.” The waiter nods his head then walks away again. I look back over to Onew and smile, “I may not be a chicken lover like you, but I never mind having it.” He shyly smiles back at me quietly saying thank you. ‘Aw, Onew looks adorable being shy!’ We talk for a little while until the food gets out and it’s an enjoyable conversation. The food comes out and we already mentally prepared ourselves to cook the meat. So far, our timing of when to eat it is good. The food tastes amazing and I’m proud of myself for being able to cook it.

“Aigo! You’re really good at cooking Kate-ah!”

“Haha, gomawo!” We continue cooking pieces and Onew gets excited about the chicken once he finally tries some. At one point he accidently pushes his napkin with his arm on the stove, and it catches on fire. “Onew-oppa! Your napkin is on fire!”

“Aigo aigo aigo!” He panics a little and puts it out quickly with his glass of water, but also gets the rest of the meat wet. Instead of being upset about it, we both start cracking up.

“Another case of the Onew Condition!” I say between fits of laughter. We finish what’s left of our lunch, good thing we were almost done anyway. Once we leave the restaurant, Onew then takes me to a cute accessory shop that’s not too far away.

“Pick out something that you like, Kate-ah.”

“Chincha!?” I ask him slightly surprised.  He gives me a sweet smile and nods as his response. I take a look around the store liking everything I see, but the one thing that stands out is this cute keychain. The keychain has a sparkly blue stone and attached to the bottom is a bunch of different colored feathers. It’s simple, but it’s so pretty to me, and it reminds me of Onew since the feathers remind me of a chicken. Onew likes what I picked out and buys it for me. Once we exit the store I give him a big hug.

“Gomawo, Onew-oppa! Lunch was great! We were able to cook the meat and you saved us from a fire! I love the gift too!”

He chuckles “Cheonmannaeyo, I had fun too.” He looks at his cellphone to check the time, “Ah! Kate-ah I need to go do something now, but the next person should be here soon so just wait a little.”

“Arasseo. Annyeong, Onew-oppa.” He says good-bye to me and then walks away, but then I remember something.

I jog over to him, "Onew-oppa! Wait!"

He stops walking and turns around, "What is it?"

I pull my camera out of my bag, "We need to take a picture together." He smiles then stands next to me to pose. We both have a cheesy grin while doing the peace sign. Once the picture is taken, we say our good-byes again and then he really leaves this time.

I see that there’s a bench in front of the store I was just in with Onew so I decide to sit down while waiting for the next person. ‘This day has been so much fun so far. Key and Onew are so sweet and I love the gifts they got me. I wonder who’s going to be next. Let’s see, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho. Minho I know will be last, so it’s between Jonghyun and Taemin. Hmm…’ I lose my train of thought when I see a car stop in front of me. ‘I guess I’ll find out right now.’ When I see the person come out of the car, I’m in complete and utter shock.

“Aigo! No way!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Learn some Korean~!

Yoropun - Everyone

Annyeonghassaeyo - In this case it was used as "Good Morning"

Mwo - What? (Used with a person you're close with.)

Mianhae - I'm sorry (Informal - Used with people you're close with.)

Gomawo - Thank you (Informal - Used with people you're close with.)

Bap meugoro gaja - Let's go eat!

Shillyehamnida - Excuse me

Guys, I really love reading your comments seeing you enjoy and get into my story. It makes me happy and want to write more! What do you think about me using Korean words? Are you guys learning from it and do you want me to continue giving you new words? Thanks for reading!<3